Reply to this topicStart new topic
> My Precious Noah
LoveMyMickey
post Oct 26 2012, 11:32 AM
Post #81

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 7,071

Hi moon_beam,

I'm so happy Noah is still recovering well. I had to smile about Noah's stomping/kneading, so cute......I understand about Noah being extra special when you think he might be your last.......I feel the same way about Mickey. Our age and future health has to be taken into consideration.

Have a good day with your precious Noah, moom_beam, and don't overdo with those leaves. I hope Sandy doesn't bring you any damage......God Bless...

LoveMyMickey

--------------------
"Love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation."
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Oct 26 2012, 12:39 PM
Post #82

Forum Moderator

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 4,861

Hi, Tracy, LoveMyMickey, thank you so much for your continued thoughts and prayers and encouragement during my precious Noah's recovery. It truly means a lot to me.

Today is exactly one month since his surgery. Last evening he had an upset tummy event which of course concerned me a bit. There was some fur in the results, so I'm hoping this is a "fur ball tummy" event. He ate his dinner okay last night and so far this morning he seems to be fine. I gave him a dose of Laxatone this morning, and he seems to be resting comfortably on his bathroom window perch as I'm writing to you. Needless to say he still requires some close observation - - which is why the gates will remain at the basement steps so that he will be where I can make sure he is okay until I'm certain that he will be going upstairs for enjoyment rather than trying to disguise not feeling well.

Once again, Tracy and LoveMyMickey, I thank you so much for the blessing of your friendship, and for your most gracious and deeply appreciated thoughts and prayers during my precious Noah's continued recovery - - and of our fellow L S friends.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------
In heaven's perfect garden there is no grief or pain, and all of God's creation join the angels' sweet refrain.

The most blessed way I have of knowing God's comforting love and grace is to look into the eyes and heart of God's creatures' sweet angelic face.

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Oct 26 2012, 08:05 PM
Post #83

Member No.: 7,464

Dear moon_beam, I can't believe it's been a whole month since Noah had surgery. I am so glad he is doing so well. I can so understand how you were concerned when he had an upset tummy yesterday, probably wondering if this was a serious issue. I know this can be unsettling as you don't know what caused his intestines to twist in the first place. But it looks like this episode was just a plain old hairball. This is probably the season where they shed a bit more, and the laxatone as well as some extra brushing should help. I think you're right in observing him so closely for now. I hope your precious little kitty boy continues to do well. smile.gif

--------------------
Danny: March 4, 2001 - December 28, 2011
Tina: October 27, 1997 - April 28, 2012

To live in hearts we leave behind is not to die.

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Oct 27 2012, 03:31 PM
Post #84

Forum Moderator

Hi, DannysMom, thank you so much for your continued thoughts and prayers and encouragement during Noah's recovery. I gave him another small dose of Laxatone today to try to keep ahead of any potential furball tummy upsets. So far so good. My thoughts and prayers are with you and all of our coastline L S friends who may be affected by Hurricane Sandy. Us "inlanders" are expected to get some high wind and maybe some rain, depending on when and where Sandy decides to make landfall. Noah and I are safe - - so glad we have a working emergency generator if the wind should cause a power outage.

Once again, DannysMom, I thank you so much for the blessing of your friendship, and for your most gracious and deeply appreciated thoughts and prayers during my precious Noah's continued recovery - - and of our fellow L S friends.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------
In heaven's perfect garden there is no grief or pain, and all of God's creation join the angels' sweet refrain.

The most blessed way I have of knowing God's comforting love and grace is to look into the eyes and heart of God's creatures' sweet angelic face.

+Quote Post
Tom's Dad
post Oct 28 2012, 06:22 PM
Post #85

Member No.: 6,946

Hi moon_beam

Just checking in on you and your precious Noah. I'm glad he continues to do well. I hope he does not have any more upset tummy issues. Stay safe from the weather. Peace and blessings.

T

--------------------
Nature's first green is gold
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf's a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.

+Quote Post
Pippin's Mom Kel
post Oct 28 2012, 11:13 PM
Post #86

Member No.: 7,510

Moon_beam,

I'm so glad to read that overall, Noah is doing well. The upset tummy incident must have been disconcerting. I remember being so afraid every time Pippin seemed even a little "off" during his illness - nothing like a little hypervigilance on my part! I am glad to hear things seem to be moving along, though, after that incident. Whew.

By the way, I loved the picture you shared of Noah! What a handsome, intelligent-looking boy you have!

--------------------

When you are sorrowful, look again in your heart, and you shall see that, in truth, you are weeping for that which has been your delight.
- Kahlil Gibran

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Oct 29 2012, 01:52 PM
Post #87

Forum Moderator

Hi, Tracy, Kel, thank you so much for your continued support and encouragement during my precious Noah's recovery. Yes, his tummy upset last week was a bit of concern, but it seems the Laxatone is doing its job. He seems to be more mellow now - - this experience has been a major event for him and I know it has made an impression on him. He is doing well overall, though, and I am thankful for his precious sweet presence with me every day.

Thank you again so much for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy and Kel, and for your most gracious and deeply appreciated thoughts and prayers during my precious Noah's continued recovery - - and of our fellow L S friends.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tom's Dad
post Oct 30 2012, 05:51 PM
Post #88

Hi moon_beam

Just checking in on you and your precious boy Noah. I'm glad to hear he continues to do well with his medication and recovery. Yes, I can imagine it was quite an ordeal for him and you as well. Let us know how you both are doing.

T

--------------------
Her hardest hue to hold.
But only so an hour.
So Eden sank to grief,
Nothing gold can stay.

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Oct 31 2012, 11:28 AM
Post #89

Forum Moderator

Hi, Tracy, thank you for your continued support and encouragement during my precious Noah's recovery. This is week 5 now, - - today marks 5 weeks since I brought him home from the hospital post-surgery. He has not had any additional upset tummies, so the Laxatone seems to be helping. I had stopped the routine Laxatone because he had such a challenge with control of his emissions system post-surgery, and I did not want to add further insult to an already embarrassing situation for him. But it appears that he is able to manage the Laxatone okay for furball management, so I will resume his prevention routine now.

Thank you again so much for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and for your most gracious and deeply appreciated thoughts and prayers during my precious Noah's continued recovery - - and of our fellow L S friends.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tom's Dad
post Nov 1 2012, 06:39 PM
Post #90

Hi moon_beam

Wow, 5 weeks. It seems like only yesterday; to you and Noah especially. I'm glad the Laxitone is working better now. Noah seems like such a fussy clean little man. I'm sure it was no pic nic for him. YAY for no more upset tummy. Is he still "stomping" to explore? Keep us updated and have a great evening.

T

--------------------
Her hardest hue to hold.
But only so an hour.
So Eden sank to grief,
Nothing gold can stay.

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Nov 2 2012, 12:16 PM
Post #91

Forum Moderator

Hi, Tracy, thank you so much for your continued support and encouragement during my precious Noah's recovery. It truly does mean a lot to me.

He seems to continue to be doing well. He is alert and active. We played some soccer this morning with one of his rattle balls. Once in awhile he still goes to the bottom of the basement steps and does his frustration "stomping" but not as frequently as he had been. I do not want to frustrate him, but I also do not want him climbing those steps yet until he is healed more internally. He continues to jump on top of the fridge which gives him enough cardio exercise for now.

His tummy fur is continuing to grow back in and he has a good first layer coverage over his incision now. With the colder weather I'm glad his tummy isn't so bare anymore.

So far he is continuing to do well, and for this I am very grateful. I thank you so much for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and for your most gracious and deeply appreciated thoughts and prayers during my precious Noah's continued recovery - - and of our fellow L S friends.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tom's Dad
post Nov 5 2012, 12:44 PM
Post #92

Hi moon_beam

Just checking on your precious Noah and you. I'm glad you have been able to engage him in some fun and games. I surely understand not wanting him to be stressed or overdo things. It's nice to hear is tummy fur is growing back in nicely too. I hope I'm not being a pest checking in so often, but some days (well, most days) you are the only one that checks up on me, Theresa and Tang. And I just wanted you to know that I'm thinking of you and your little man Noah. Keep us up to date on his progress. Hope you both have a wonderful day smile.gif

T

--------------------
Her hardest hue to hold.
But only so an hour.
So Eden sank to grief,
Nothing gold can stay.

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Nov 5 2012, 04:58 PM
Post #93

Forum Moderator

Hi, Tracy, thank you very much for your continued support and encouragement during my precious Noah's recovery. It truly does mean a lot to me.

Noah is continuing to do well. The Laxatone seems to be helping to keep furball tummies in check, for which I am thankful. In the past the occasional upset tummy didn't concern me too much - - but that has changed now.

The next biggest event in his recovery is whenever I take the gates down at the bottom of the basement steps, and I'm suspecting at this point in time this might be around the Thanksgiving holiday. This will be a true Thanksgiving for still having him with me.

I thank you so much for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and for your most gracious and deeply appreciated thoughts and prayers during my precious Noah's continued recovery - - and of our fellow L S friends.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------

+Quote Post
LoveMyMickey
post Nov 21 2012, 07:02 PM
Post #94

Member No.: 7,071

Hi moon_beam,

I'm so happy Noah is still doing well. I want to wish you and Noah a Happy Thanksgiving and it truly will be because he is still with you. I bet he will do a happy dance when you take the gate down.

Moon_beam, I hope you have a peaceful and cozy night with your precious Noah.

Love and Blessings,
LoveMyMickey

--------------------
"Love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation."

+Quote Post
Tom's Dad
post Nov 22 2012, 10:08 AM
Post #95

Hi moon_beam

Ditto LoveMyMickey. I hope you and Noah have a terrific Thanksgiving. His ongoing well being is truly a blessing for you both.

T

--------------------
Her hardest hue to hold.
But only so an hour.
So Eden sank to grief,
Nothing gold can stay.

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Nov 23 2012, 12:06 PM
Post #96

Forum Moderator

Hi, LoveMyMickey and Tracy, thank you so much for your continued thoughts and prayers for my precious Noah. I hope you both had a wonderful Thanksgiving celebration yesterday - - even though I know you worked yesterday, Tracy.

I was able to spend a part of the day yesterday with my brother and sister in law at their home. By the time I got home it was well after sunset and my precious Noah was very frantic to see me and needed my undivided attention. Today he does not want me out of his sight - - he is staying very close to me.

Tomorrow he will have a surprise: The gates will finally be removed to the basement steps so that he can once again have access to the upstairs to his heart's desire. He has a very good cover of fur over his incision now and he seems to be back to his normal energy levels. It will be interesting to observe his reaction when the gates are finally removed.

I thank you so much for the blessing of your friendships, LoveMyMickey and Tracy, and all of our forum friends who have been so supportive and comforting during this time of Noah's medical crisis and his recovery. I know my time with my precious Noah is becoming limited with the progression of age and the medical challenges that come with that, but I truly am very thankful for every moment that we have together - - and am truly thankful for the blessing of your friendships.

Please know you both - - and each of our L S friends - - are in my thoughts and prayers.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Nov 23 2012, 02:54 PM
Post #97

Member No.: 7,464

Dear moon_beam, I'm glad you had a nice Thanksgiving, but Noah sure missed you! I can imagine that he was wondering:"Mom, where are you and when are you coming back?" He is such a devoted little kitty boy. smile.gif

He may not know what to do once the gates comes down. Maybe he will sit there for a few minutes wondering if he can really go up the steps again. Or maybe he will even race up the steps! smile.gif I'm so glad that his fur has grown back. It was hard for me to look at Mindy's and Shelley's shaved tummies after they had their spay surgery.

--------------------
Danny: March 4, 2001 - December 28, 2011
Tina: October 27, 1997 - April 28, 2012

To live in hearts we leave behind is not to die.

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Nov 23 2012, 03:37 PM
Post #98

Forum Moderator

Hi, DannysMom, thank you so much for your continued support and encouragement during my precious Noah's recovery.

I do believe his health crisis has helped him to know even more deeply how much I love him. He truly has a precious, sweet Spirit - - and I am so blessed to have the honor of being his human caregiver.

I thank you so much for the blessing of your friendship, DannysMom, and for your most gracious and deeply appreciated thoughts and prayers during my precious Noah's continued recovery - - and of our fellow L S friends. You and your precious Mindy and Shelley are in my thoughts and prayers.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Nov 24 2012, 03:24 PM
Post #99

Forum Moderator

My dear friends - - the full circle of Noah's recovery is now complete. This morning I removed the gate barriers at the bottom of the basement steps and Noah - - with a few chirps of curiosity ventured up the steps and checked out his familiar territory. He has gone upstairs a couple of times - - racing at full speed - - hearing the patter of his precious feet on the upstairs hardwood floor - - then hearing him race back down the steps to "home base". He has had his lunch and is now taking his afternoon nap on his lamb's wool cushion as I'm writing to you. He has enjoyed the sunbeams on his bathroom window perch at times today as well. I do believe he is a happy, contented little kitty now knowing that his life is fully back to normal from his medical crisis.

I want to thank each of you so much for your comforting supporting and encouragement all through my precious Noah's illness and recovery. Thank you so very much for the blessing of your cherished friendships.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tom's Dad
post Nov 25 2012, 06:42 AM
Post #100

Hi moon_beam

I am so happy to hear that Noah is fully recovered - 2 months almost to the day you first posted. I know it was stressfull an scary for you both. But the good news is that he is all better and able to explore his domain. You are both in our thoughts. I hope he has many happy days of exploring ahead.

T

--------------------
Her hardest hue to hold.
But only so an hour.
So Eden sank to grief,
Nothing gold can stay.

+Quote Post