Forum Rules Site Rules and Courtesies

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Jack Is Gone But Never Forgotton
Jacks Human
post May 8 2012, 03:03 PM
Post #1

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 7,592

My beloved Jack was with me for over 12 years. May 02, 2012 at 2:10 PM he crossed over to a quieter more peaceful place. He had been a wonderful companion and friend, so full of life and love. He came into our lives in January of 2000 when he "followed" our son home from school. At first I insisted that he be brought back to where ever he had followed our son home from. That didn't work out to well, he was led back there by my son but soon found his way back to our house. I should have known that he had chosen us to be his new home but I didn't at first. He would hang around the house lounging in the yard outside the fence just waiting for his time. Then one night a couple of bigger bad dogs came into our yard and this little guy didn't back down one bit but stood his ground to defend us. Well, it didn't go the way he planned and I ended up getting these other dogs off of him in the middle of the night. That is when the bonding began. He defended us and I rescued him, from then on we were best of friends.

Jack was a truly scruffy dog when he was younger, not the beautiful coat you see in the picture below. He was a site to see, he had his lions mane but was mostly skin the rest of the way down his body with just a little hair around his legs. What this little guy lacked in outward beauty was more than made up for in character and charm. He loved to run around the yard and play. When he was taken out for walks it was always fun to watch and try and figure out who was walking who.. most of the time he would drag my family down the street. But he was a good boy, he never caused any trouble and was always by my side. What a loyal and loving friend he was until the very end.

When we moved a few years ago we moved into a home with a much larger yard. His morning routine would be to go outside and walk the perimeter of the yard. He would give the squirrels a run for their money! He would go outside several times a day and when the sun was out and the grass nice and warm he would roll over and scratch his back. He was such a site to see. How I long for those days again, just once more I would love to see him walking the fence line and checking on the squirrels. Making sure everyone and everything was in its right place. When I would come home from work in the afternoon he would be in the window awaiting my return and would run and bark as I entered the house. I am sure he was saying "Hey, your home... I am so glad to see you... I missed you today!!! Can we go outside now???"

About 18 months ago my big boy was having some trouble swallowing and I could see something on his tongue. I didn't know what it was and he wouldn't let me get a real good look at it. So I brought him to the Vet and I was told he had a tumor. They were able to remove it but had to take out a good chunk of his tongue in doing it. They thought they had gotten it all but weren't sure. I brought him back a couple of months later and all was still clear. Things were never quite the same after that. It was a slow and steady progression down from here. Nothing dramatic but as I look back over time I see how it took its toll on my friend. So a few weeks ago my boys breath was really pretty bad and we drooling a lot (which he never did before). Worried that his teeth where the problem I set him up to have his teeth cleaned at the Vets office. I brought him in last Wednesday morning, little did I know that would be the last ride my best friend would ever take or the last thing he would ever see would be the Vet and not me. I got the call early in the afternoon that things were not good. We made the decision to allow my friend to remain sedated and allow him to slip off to sleep.

This was the hardest thing I have ever done in my life!! I am still struck with such guilt and grief over my decision. Rest in peace my friend! Enjoy the new surroundings free of physical pain and suffering! Enjoy the abundant sunshine and fields of green grass! Enjoy reuniting with my other friends. Enjoy returning to your youthfulness and fullness. Enjoy, Enjoy, Enjoy!!! But always keep an eye on the entrance to field because one day my beloved I will come looking for you and all the rest. We will be reunited again!! Love knows no bounds and know you are truly loved my precious one!!! I LOVE YOU JACK!!!!! Wait for me my friend, look for me my friend for one day I will return. Your daddy loves you and misses you!!

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post May 9 2012, 09:31 AM
Post #2

Forum Moderator

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 4,861

Hi, Jacks Human, please permit me to offer you my sincerest sympathies in the physical loss of your beloved Jack, and for sharing the wonderful picture of him. He is soooo handsome. The love in his eyes is a reflection of the mutual love, admiration, and dedication you share.

I know there are no adequate words in any language that can soothe the seering pain of loss that is in your heart, Jacks Human. Hopefully as your deep grief eases you will know that your beloved Jack's sweet Living Spirit is forever with you continuing to share your earthly journey as he always has and always will. Love is eternal, Jacks Human, - - love is a growing and enduring presence. Although you and your beloved Jack are temporarily physically separated, he is forever a part of you in your heart and your memories - - he is forever a heartbeat close to you.

Thank you so much for sharing your beloved Jack with us. Please know you are among friends here who truly do understand what you are going through, and we are here for you for as long and as often as you need us. Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers, Jacks Human, and look forward to knowing how you're doing.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------
In heaven's perfect garden there is no grief or pain, and all of God's creation join the angels' sweet refrain.

The most blessed way I have of knowing God's comforting love and grace is to look into the eyes and heart of God's creatures' sweet angelic face.

+Quote Post
Jacks Human
post May 9 2012, 02:08 PM
Post #3

It was a week ago and just a few more minutes when my beloved Jack drew his last breath. My heart hurts so much right now I can barely stand it. I will always miss you my friend and you will forever be in my heart. Please forgive me for the decision I had to make and understand it was what I believe to be the best for you. I surely would have preferred to bring you back home to be with me for a little longer. But because I love you and could not stand to see you suffer I could not choose that option. You suffered so quietly almost without anyone noticing. It was a wonderful Vet, Dr. Wheat that pointed out the issue and the underlying cause. He also pointed out things which I had taken as your getting older but were really part of the condition you were suffering from. My brave beloved friend, your suffering is over and you can run around in piece now. Please forgive me and remember to look for me by the Rainbow Bridge for when my time comes I will be looking for you. Until that time comes know that I love you with all that I am and that I miss you so much. You surely deserve all the best that the next life has to offer. You were wonderful, loving and we had such great times together.

The minute approaches and I can't help but sob crazily as I remember your last breathe. Know that I was with you then and I will be with you again my beloved. I can do no more, the time has come and now you are at rest. Your daddy loves you big boy, thank you for choosing me to be your life long friend. I have been truly blessed by your love and affection for over 12 years. I will miss you till we are reunited, then we will be together forever in perfect health with nothing better to do than run and play and chase squirrels up the tree.... I miss you, I miss you, I miss you....

Be well my beloved!

+Quote Post
Jacks Human
post May 21 2012, 07:24 AM
Post #4

My best friend has been gone now for about 2 1/2 weeks. The tremendous heart ache I feel gets a little easier to bear each day. It is only through the lens of time that I have been able to view the last year or so of my beloved friends life. And through this lens I now see how much he had struggled, he had some days that were better than others but he was struggling. He was struggling to be the friend that I had always known, always played with and always loved. He was a brave dog, fighting through his senior years to try and be the dog I had always remembered. I am sure he did this for me. My sweet, sweet boy never let me down, never not once. He was amazing, kind and loving. His love was very pure, he didn't hold it against me if I was gone all day into the evening. He was just glad to see me when I got home. Yes he wanted to go outside but he always wanted to see me first and "talk" to me.

Yes my big boy, you are gone but I will never forget you nor will I ever replace you. There may come a time when another is added to our pack but never to replace you. You are forever in a very special place in my heart, mind and soul. I will treasure you until the time we are reunited by the rainbow bridge. Have fun with the other good babies and run and play and enjoy each moment. But one day you will have a sense that something is different, when you do.... look for me because I will be looking for you. I will be there with my arms open wide ready to hold you to my chest again and then we will never be parted. I miss you terribly Jack and hope and pray with all my heart that we will be reunited. There must be more after we are gone from this world because the time here is too short and the love is too great!!

I love you Jack and will see you later big boy!

+Quote Post
Jacks Human
post May 23 2012, 02:12 PM
Post #5

The hour approaches and it has been 3 weeks since my furbaby was laid to rest. I still feel so much pain and loss over his going. There are those around me that don't understand my feelings and emotions, that is okay. I know this my baby was an angel and actually got to hold him for 12 years. Those that don't understand haven't had the same relationship and it is their loss.
Now that he is gone the days are longer and the nights are shorter. He was my companion and friend for quite a while and I miss our short walks. I miss letting him go outside, I miss bathing him, I miss his missing me.... I miss him!! It is now the same time as he drew his last breath on this earth three weeks ago. I am still numb and at a loss over what to do next. I can't concentrate, I don't want to eat, I cry all the time..... Oh how I wish my big boy was sitting here with me today..... but he is not, there is just an empty place on the floor where he would curl up next to me as I worked. I feel as empty as the space on the floor....

I miss you Jack!!! I wish you were here with me!!! I pray to God that you are in a better place and that there will come a day when we will be reunited. Since your gone I haven't been the same and I doubt I ever will!

My heart is broken and I am fresh out of duct tape.

+Quote Post
My Doxie and Me
post May 27 2012, 08:55 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 7,200

Angels that sit by are side in time of need
Attached Image
Your words are a Tribute to your friend as your love flows and time stops as Seperation brings pain..

Bring your friend into words a moment in time a special place as your friend looks up at you a reflection of his love shines bright

<My Sorrow>
Choosing life and Death brings Guilt that is no less then Compassion for a friend that would do the same... My Tears still fall for a friend

The words are friends try and speak as are love blinds us... As winds bring Memories of a friend as you look threw Jacks eyes great joy awaits
are connection is eternal a life long bond so few are blessed with a friend. You are the choosen one and we are just care takers as they Teach
us great things about are self only after they have moved on with are Help.

Your friend is proud of you the greatest gift has been given your true love for a friend inprints its self in time as you stand with one knee
to the ground and speak Heart felt words as your friend lay by your side and weeps for the kindness and your friendship that moves you forward
to Honor the Fallen ones.

Honor your friends Teachings bring his words to life as you speak for the ones that sit silent by are side.

Take the time look close you will find that he lives for every waking moment Jack chose you to share his life
And you Accepted as Deep Connection flows with time he lays by your side until you can breath once more.

My words my be of know help < A friend Teaches me great things still to this day>As a friend that sings in your Heart he shines so bright
whithin and guides the ones he loves as his voice speakes threw you and your love for a friend.

As i look into the window of life i see a reflection of my friend as she sits by my side.....

+Quote Post
Jacks Human
post Jun 13 2012, 11:52 PM
Post #7

Another day has come and gone and my heart still longs for my long time friend Jack. I am so sorry that he is gone and my heart is totally torn apart. In the past I have other fur babies to turn to when one would pass but this time Jack was the last of the bunch. I feel lost without him almost like a ship at see that has lost its rudder. I drift aimlessly most of the time... I have moments of purpose and direction but I think these are born of necessity rather than forethought or purpose.

Jack was my best friend, he was always by my side. He was always excited when I would return home after the day at work and always enjoyed our walks in the yard. I would have done anything to keep my friend with me to hold him and love him just a little longer. I still sob at the thought of his being gone. I don't know how to cope with this, my wife is loving and understanding but ready for me to move on. She doesn't understand that to me Jack was more than a pet, he was a part of my family and losing him hurts me so badly. As much as I hate to say it I sorta hope the number of days I have left are fewer than I previously thought. I want to be reunited with my friend so badly it pains me to think about it.

Jack, wherever you are in the afterlife keep looking for me big boy--daddy is gonna find you again one day and we will have a great reunion.... I miss you and love you....

Till then... I love you buddy.

+Quote Post
My Doxie and Me
post Jun 23 2012, 03:02 PM
Post #8

Forgive me Jacks Human let me light a candle in Honor of Jack...

Attached Image
As Seperation brings pain...

Attached Image
Be well my friend as we take care of others and try to understand when meaning is within us....

Looking forward to more of Jacks Pictures in life if you wish.
Or a moment in time looking through a friends eyes, as you both sit in the setting
of the sun when words have no....

I choose not to speak these words as my friend guides me....

Forgive me

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post Jun 24 2012, 07:40 AM
Post #9

Member No.: 7,067

My Doxie

How my heart bleeds for you and your heart, missing the furball saint Jack. Or - Jacques! From your moniker I thought your "watch-dog" is a daschshund (Doxie). Now I see you have at least two such soul-mates. He searched the world over to find his one-and-only (you) or maybe two-and-only (you and your son). And when he did, he didn't give up until YOU recognized him for what he is! He found your home from everywhere. I'm sure he was thinking, "Hey Mom It's ME. This IS my home!" Once you two recognized that you were carrying a piece of each other's soul - boom - you are joined.

What a beautiful ball of loving fur! How wonderful to have him just walk into your life and stay. You've been SO much help and consolation to me over the year and more that my Gretta has gone home. I know she and Jack are fast friends - walkin' round heaven all day. Doxie, your heart has been tested so many times - it will surely be 24+ carat gold when it becomes your heavenly crown. Only heroes with great hearts like yours, when once cut to ribbons, go back and love - this time knowing what's to come - again.

Gretta's last night was spent in university vet school hospital (a wonderful place, but NOT her home). I was afraid to bring her home, afraid of how sick she suddenly was. The next morning, after the vet caall, I knew it was the day. it was a sunday, so I went to the vet school hospital and held her in my arms, weeping as never before in my life, as she went back to the perfect World - her home. I felt so guilty about having left her to spend her last earthly night, I cried at unexpected times and places - a lot. I'm a big "old folkie" - I know most folk. gospel and blues songs written in the last century. I made up some verses to Woody Guthrie's "Hobo's Lullaby" about it and sang them on walks with Rufus - crying the whole time.

I'm sorry for the pain I caused you
All because I did not know
That you were sick and you were hurting
And that was why you walked so slow (which slices my heart even today)

I'm sorry that I left you with them
On what would be your last night here.
Can you forgive me for that, Gretta?
That's what my heart most longs to hear.

A wonderful friend here on lightning strike (Love My Mickey) wrote two verses as Gretta's response

Oh mommy, mommy please don't worry
For there is nothing to forgive
A life of peac and joy and gladness
Is what I want for you to live

Oh mommy, in the end as always
Nothing that you did was wrong
No matter where I was I felt it
Your love for me was oh so strong.

They consoled me a lot as I lived through my guilt and regret.

Lately I have read a review of the book, Unsaid, written by the husband of a vet when they had to send their dog home. He said that at that moment, something deep inside him "shifted" and he would never be the same. I think those words describe our experiences with our soul-animals perfectly. Not every animal-human combination is such a relationship - I think few are (and they're all here with us on LS!) but these wirds exoress the fact that, yes, we still cry every day, but once the searing inital pain subsides a little, the tears are OK - something has shifted - forever.

Oh Doxie, thank you for sharing beautiful Mr Jack with us. And thank you for being a friend. Something has shifted - so they CANNOT be forgotten. Could you forget your own soul?

Be kind to yourself and your beautiful son today. Here's some strength to use.

As always,

Gretta and Rufus's mom

+Quote Post
My Doxie and Me
post Jul 14 2012, 05:39 PM
Post #10

Jacks Human let me introduce myself properly

i'am no one

i have nothing

i have lost my best friend

until i let go i will be chained to...

Attached Image

My pain is My anchor...

So i search in my friends eyes brings me breath for the moment

Mr Jack i'am nothing more then a lost sole trying to find my friend
as so many good people her with open ears lends peace as we try and
find are way as you found yourself at your Desk without a friend but yet
you type words to Honor Jack as he still sits by your side...

Let see the picture of jack you brought him into are life so i feel please forgive me the need to responed must be my friend
which i still struggel with words to move me forward let me try...

What have you let me see well a beautful lucky boy looking into the eyes very intelligent as he speaks without words no he is very vocal some how
you hear his voice he lets you know what he needs and you understand as he found you before you could speak... What a great connection for all of
life... you see Jack found what he was looking for someone that could speak for him to understand him all the people that he past on the streets and then
He see you from a distance as Heavens Weep Jack has found his forever home as Words have no meaning...

Forgive me these words should have been private So let me share something with you as i stand in a room....
With co workers and my eyes start to run across my face without expression i try and hide my pain...
When my pain Teaches me brings me peace my friend makes me a better person it's letting go that Haunts me
in my dreams when i look down my friend is still by my side as breath fills me as i stand once more so i.....
Can Beg for Forgiveness.....

As i lay my friend down to sleep i have been by her side in time of need i have helped her cross over
The greatest gift you can give and yet i'am blinded by my own pain... My Teachings are not finished as i look
to the skys for answers i see my friend...as she Whispers...As i try and listen through my pain...

Mr jack forgive me tell your story in a book close to your heart or on this site it will bring you peace in time...

+Quote Post
Jacks Human
post Jul 19 2012, 03:06 PM
Post #11

It has been 3 months since my beloved Jack was released from this earthly domain. I am still very sad and my eyes still water every time I think of my best friend. I don't know how long it will take for this to pass and is replaced by happy thoughts of our time together but hope it comes sooner than later. It gets a bit easier to deal with week after week and month after month but the tears are still huge and the pain is still sharp. I will forever miss my best friend until the time we are reunited in whatever the afterlife holds for us all.

I miss him dearly and will always remember the great times we had together and the story of how our lives grew together. It was an amazing time together and the separation is very difficult to deal with.

I want to thank everyone for the feedback and support. It has been a difficult road and the bumps are still there but the road is getting a little easier to deal with.

+Quote Post
My Doxie and Me
post Jul 19 2012, 07:44 PM
Post #12

A boy and his dog...

Attached Image

Mr Jack thank you for sharing...

I have so much more to say...

I will let this picture speak for..

Look Close my friend..

Be well..

+Quote Post
Jacks Human
post Jul 20 2012, 09:00 AM
Post #13

Thank you Doxie and Me, while I am no longer a boy in age I sometimes still feel that way. The picture you posted brings back wonderful memories of time spent with my Jack. Playing in the back yard together running and jumping...it seems like it was such a short time ago but I know it is a time long ago. Those days are gone but the memories still live on in my mind and in my heart. Thanks again for helping me to keep the good memories alive and well.

+Quote Post
My Doxie and Me
post Jul 21 2012, 02:41 PM
Post #14

Mr. Jack i also i'am no longer a boy are friend brings out a Innocence as we kneel next to... if you look close you can see in the past when time..<I know you see this>
This boy and his dog looks in 2 different directions While the boy looks forward he is young he looks to the future while are friends always looks to us they
are always looking to make that deep connection only as we age you start to see this wisdom... intime you stop looking forward and you start to look within yourself
for a friend has so much to say as they speak Not with are mind not with are voice thru are Hearts only after we have helped them cross over...
Attached Image
Forgive me i speak only in your time of need i know your pain and your words shatter the ground i stand that lay close to my heart and i speak Please know this i have never spoken...
I believe my friend as i said before brings out the best in me by saying these words to Jack and his human Brightens the path i walk trying to find my friend...
So i can say i'am sorry...

Your a good man jacks Human i speak in the purest form i speak with my heart take care my friend find others that need your help
it opens a window through the eyes of New Beginngs In the mean time Share your voice for jack you never know who you will connect with...

(in your own words for a friend will set you free;)

A friend once said I'am sending you some good Energy..Truth be told i was never any good at se...

Bewell Jack Thank you for sharing your Human with us..

As a strong Man i choose not to Kneel...
Attached Image
As a strong man i choose to Kneel by the side of my Freund....Look close...

+Quote Post
My Doxie and Me
post Jul 24 2012, 08:25 PM
Post #15

Forgive me Seems this empty piece of paper was writen special for jack... Will you speak in his Behalf...

Attached Image

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 09:57 AM