Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Site Rules and Courtesies
> Soxie's Heart Is Failing!
Diamond-Bear
post Apr 18 2012, 03:36 PM
Post #1

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 6,627

I was hoping I would not be back here on these boards so soon after Diamond's passing, but here I am...

Soxie began breathing a little erratic, so we took him to the emergency vet. Immediately, they put him on oxygen and diagnosed him with heart failure. They also found fluid in his lungs. As they ran more tests, they found he also has hyperthyroidism.

The doctor was able to drain the fluid and put him on meds to slow down the heart failure, but we have been told it is just a matter of time until the heart gives out.

The doctor wants to release him tonight so that he can go home and be in more comfortable surroundings.

Today is his 14th birthday, so it will be good to have him home. However, we are also devastated to know that this may be his last birthday.

--------------------
Diamond
04/17/98 - 08/02/10
Soxie
04/18/98 - 04/21/12
You left paw prints on my heart!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
DannysMom
post Apr 18 2012, 06:55 PM
Post #2

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 7,464

Diamond-Bear, I am sorry to hear about Soxie's health problems. Hyperthyroidism, if untreated, does affect the heart, kidneys, and other organs in a cat's body. Once on medication for a few weeks they do improve as moon_beam stated, but in Soxie's case it may be too late to reverse his heart condition. My cat, Danny, had congestive heart failure, so I know what you're going through and my heart goes out to you.

--------------------
Danny: March 4, 2001 - December 28, 2011
Tina: October 27, 1997 - April 28, 2012

To live in hearts we leave behind is not to die.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 11:42 AM