358 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Welcome Tang, New Beginnings
LoveMyMickey
post Jun 17 2011, 12:46 PM
Post #61

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 7,071

Hi Tom...Just want to say hello and I see that you, Tang, and Theresa are having fun. I bet Tom is looking down on you all with a "pudding smile". Your chase stories brought a smile to my face. I need that today.

You and furbabies have a great weekend. Looks like it is heating up again.

LoveMyMickey

--------------------
"Love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation."
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Jun 17 2011, 05:17 PM
Post #62

Forum Moderator

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 4,861

Hi, Tom, thank you so very much for sharing with us how you, your precious Theresa, and little Tang are doing. It's always a joy to read your updates. Your precious Theresa is a "lady" now, and there are some things that just aren't "dignified" to do anymore, as your rumbunctious laddie boy Tang is discovering. Theresa is teaching him the "finer points" of behaviors - - which he will understand as he gets "older." It's quite similar to what we used to hear our parents say to us "You'll understand this better when you get older." Didn't that used to infuriate you???? It did me. And so it is with our beloved companions - - especially when they have a more "seasoned" sibling in the household to show them the difference.

I hope you and your precious fur tribe will have a very peaceful and enjoyable evening, Tom, and a wonderful weekend. Please know you, your precious Theresa, and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and I will look forward to sharing how things are going for you and your fur tribe.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------
In heaven's perfect garden there is no grief or pain, and all of God's creation join the angels' sweet refrain.

The most blessed way I have of knowing God's comforting love and grace is to look into the eyes and heart of God's creatures' sweet angelic face.

+Quote Post
Tom's Dad
post Jun 17 2011, 08:05 PM
Post #63

Member No.: 6,946

Yes, Theresa is definately learning what Tom went through - almost like a passing of the torch. But the fact that they will lay down fairly near each other after the "rough housing" is a good sign I think. I think I dare not hope to see them actually snuggled up together someday - that would probably be too much to hope for. Tang has to go to the vet tomorrow for a distemper booster (hard to believe he's been with us 4 weeks now) And Father's Day Sunday (sigh) That will be a mixed bag indeed....

--------------------
Nature's first green is gold
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf's a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Jun 18 2011, 02:09 PM
Post #64

Forum Moderator

Hi, Tom, hope your and Tang's trip to the vet today went okay, and that your precious little son went with confidence knowing that he was coming back home with you. Having you there to reassure him I know was comforting for him.

Tom, I hope you and your precious fur tribe will have a very peaceful weekend. Tomorrow will be okay, for you will ALWAYS be your precious Tom's dad. Celebrate the day, Tom, with confidence that your precious Sir Thomas is forever grateful for you for being his FOREVER DAD.

Thank you so much for sharing with us how you, your precious Theresa, and little Tang are doing. I will look forward to knowing how Tang fared today for his booster. Please know each of you are in my thoughts and prayers, Tom.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------
In heaven's perfect garden there is no grief or pain, and all of God's creation join the angels' sweet refrain.

The most blessed way I have of knowing God's comforting love and grace is to look into the eyes and heart of God's creatures' sweet angelic face.

+Quote Post
Tom's Dad
post Jun 18 2011, 08:56 PM
Post #65

Tang's trip to the vet was pretty uneventful, which is good. He paniced a bit going into the carrier. I assured him he was coming back home with me. Theresa paniced a bit too looking into the carrier. My concern now is that when he is relaxing on the living room floor and I get up to do something, he pops up and prances around and follows me - almost like he thinks I expect him to perform, to "sing for his supper" as the saying goes. I hope he starts to realize that I am here for him and not the other way around. I can't even imagine what his former owners(s) ( yes, I said owners, NOT parents - parents would not have abandoned him out in the rain) did to him - I mean, was he physically abused? Is that how he got the tumor that Dr. Mills removed? If he was he is more trusting than I would be under those circumstances. But he is still afraid of being abondoned sad.gif

--------------------
Her hardest hue to hold.
But only so an hour.
So Eden sank to grief,
Nothing gold can stay.

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Jun 19 2011, 10:22 AM
Post #66

Forum Moderator

Hi, Tom, thank you so much for sharing with us how your and Tang's trip to the vet went. Ah, so little Theresa showed some "fear" that maybe her pesky little brother was going to leave her alone again? This is a little signal to you, Tom, that she really is getting used to little Tang and wants him around for company. Bless her sweet little heart. I know you also reassured her that Tang would be coming home again.

It's going to be awhile before Tang's fear of abandonment eases, which is a lingering side-effect of the emotional, and physical torment he went through BEFORE he was blessed with you for his FOREVER DAD. And, yeah, I would say being abandoned out in the rain is physical torment and abuse. It's one thing for a kitty, who is an outside kitty by nature or heart, to be caught out in the rain while he / she is making his / her way back home. It's quite another thing for a human caregiver to deliberately abandon a helpless companion animal in rain or snow or sleet or frigid or horrendous heat or other form of weather conditions they themselves would NOT subject themselves to.

The good news is that your precious little Tang is so very devoted to you that he wants to be with you - - he WANTS to be WITH YOU and his big sister Theresa. Life can't get much better for him, Tom - - he's in earthly heaven now. Yes, you're here for him, but a relationship is always a two way street - - and your little Tang wants you to know that he's here for you, too.

Tom, you are so very blessed today to celebrate the gifts of your precious Sir Thomas, your sweet little girl Theresa, and your new little joy Tang. Please know that Sir Thomas IS with you - - and is ever so happy to see your heart happy with Theresa and Tang to love and nurture. So, I hope you and your fur tribe are having a very wonderful day. Please know you and your fur kids are in my thoughts and prayers, and I look forward to knowing how each of you are doing.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tom's Dad
post Jun 20 2011, 06:17 AM
Post #67

Well, I was robbed of my Fathers's Day with fur kids when storms ripped through the area leaving 38,000 w/o power - I spent 12 hours taking calls from ticked off customers who felt we were not working hard enough to get their power back on with oh so swealtering temps of 82. If I had a shred of faith in so called "human kind" it was destroyed yesterday - I will take my fur babies over ANY hairless (or not so hairless in parts of KY) apes any day (sigh) 4 hours of sleep and I get to go back and do it all again - poor Theresa and Tang are so sad they didn't have daddy yesterday sad.gif

--------------------
Her hardest hue to hold.
But only so an hour.
So Eden sank to grief,
Nothing gold can stay.

+Quote Post
LoveMyMickey
post Jun 20 2011, 12:19 PM
Post #68

Hi Tom...I'm so sorry about the storm problems and the nasty people. I agree, I would rather deal with furbabies than with some people. We try to be kind about things like that because I know the utility people are doing their best......I'm sure little Tang and Theresa will understand and forgive dad for not being there yesterday........Try to get some extra sleep with your furbabies.

LoveMyMickey

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tom's Dad
post Jun 20 2011, 08:16 PM
Post #69

As it turns out lack of sleep makes me tired enough to be nice to the customers LOL - I hope today's calls get monitored. The kittles are doing better - last night Theresa was so upset she was running arouund the tub yowling - something she has not done since Tom passed. I'm guessing she was pretty upset about the change in the Sunday routine. She is sitting on the desk as I type this. With 15 hours of OT on this check, maybe I'll finally get ahead. Well, tthe kittles await.......

--------------------
Her hardest hue to hold.
But only so an hour.
So Eden sank to grief,
Nothing gold can stay.

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post Jun 21 2011, 07:25 AM
Post #70

Member No.: 7,067

Hello Tom

My dad was a utility employee, too, so I know, though second-hand, how wonderfully NICE people can be! The other 37,999 people can wait - but MY power needs to come on NOW!! Cosmic justice, though, about all the overtime - you go guy!

Tang sounds like he's working as hard as he can at opening his little heart and letting his daddy in. What a miracle after all he's been through. Animals are miracles - even apes - as long as they don't speak in sentences! I agree, Tang is showing you how much she loves and needs you (what a brave thing for him to do) and Theresa is showing how much she misses he new little brother. You've done it! Your love, your courage, your heroism (yup, that's what it is) in wrenching open your shattered heart and again creating a family - love has triumphed. You're definitely in the group when we go over the wall!!

Thanks so much for sharing your saga with us. It's given us hope and courage to open our own hearts no matter how much they hurt.

Gretta's mom

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Jun 21 2011, 02:09 PM
Post #71

Forum Moderator

Hi, Tom, what a bummer about Sunday, but I know your precious Theresa and little Tang do understand that daddy has to work to get the funds for, among other things, furchild rations. Sounds like your little girl was letting you know she was very glad you are home - - and to have some quality time with her daddy. (Perhaps there was also a bit of scolding "where were you yesterday, daddy? Me and Tang had a whole day planned for you - - gee whiskers. We can see just fine in the dark - - what is it with humans, anyway???"

One of the many nice things about our fur kids is that - - they love us anyway and always. There is a saying that goes something like "Today is to be lived, yesterday is but a memory, and tomorrow is but a dream" - - or something like that. Our beloved companions are very much into the "here and now".

I hope today is treating you and your fur tribe kindly, Tom. Please know you, your precious Theresa, and your sweet little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and look forward to knowing how each of you are doing.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tom's Dad
post Jun 21 2011, 07:45 PM
Post #72

Thank you all for the kind words - I don't know that I'd consider myself "heroic" I just felt it was the right thing for all of us to adopt Tang. I don't know how I know this, but I'm sure it's what Tom wanted. There was a new round of "chase me" tonight with ZERO fights! And I got caught in the crossfire a few times, a victim of mistaken identity LOL (it was like Oh, I thought you were Tang/Theresa) They are taking their evening baths on the living room floor less than a foot apart. All is well for the moment.....

--------------------
Her hardest hue to hold.
But only so an hour.
So Eden sank to grief,
Nothing gold can stay.

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post Jun 22 2011, 07:52 PM
Post #73

Member No.: 7,067

And all is well with the world, Tom's dad. Thanks for sharing your continuing story of your new family.

Gretta's mom

+Quote Post
LoveMyMickey
post Jun 23 2011, 12:47 PM
Post #74

Hi Tom.....Well, I guess you're busy again with all those weird storms you had last night. I hope you and furbabies were safe......They didn't get to our neighborhood, but our TV night was watching "what does Jay say."

Thank you for sharing your cute stories starring "Tang and Theresa". You all are in my thoughts and prayers.

LoveMyMickey

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tom's Dad
post Jun 23 2011, 08:05 PM
Post #75

Thankfully, I did not have to go in as I was not on call. Nor did they page tertiary which is what I sign up for to avoid getting drafted for primay and secondary. I am this weekend though and hoping for good (enough) weather - The tornado actually ripped thru U of L not 15 minutes after my bus passed thru there (whew) No outside for the gang last night - but otherwise peaceful....Tail hugs to all

--------------------
Her hardest hue to hold.
But only so an hour.
So Eden sank to grief,
Nothing gold can stay.

+Quote Post
LoveMyMickey
post Jun 24 2011, 12:23 PM
Post #76

Hi Tom....Oh my goodness, that was a close call. Let's just say that Sir Tom and his angels were looking out for you...I'm so glad the horses were safe after Churchill Downs was hit, and of course the people.

Hopefully this weekend will be better. Give Tang and Thersea a pat on the head for me and tell them to be good.

God Bless.

LoveMyMickey

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tom's Dad
post Jun 24 2011, 07:54 PM
Post #77

Thanks LoveMyMickey - I had that thought myself - that Tom's been looking out for us lately. Tertiary on call this weekend, hoping for mild weather.

--------------------
Her hardest hue to hold.
But only so an hour.
So Eden sank to grief,
Nothing gold can stay.

+Quote Post
JoanneL
post Jun 24 2011, 10:22 PM
Post #78

Member No.: 6,957

Hi Tom's Dad

I haven't been online much lately and did not know you have a new fur child. Congratulations. Sounds like things are as they should be with Tang and Theresa trying to get used to each other. Same kinds of things going on in my house with Zack and kasper. It has been 5 1/2 months since we lost Zoe and I am glad we got a new furchild. I also believe Zoe sent Kasper to us but that is another story.

I know how hard it was for you when Sir Thomas died and it sounds like Tang is bringing some spark back into your life. Take care and have a good weekend with the fur kids.

Joanne

+Quote Post
Tom's Dad
post Jun 24 2011, 11:01 PM
Post #79

Thank you JoanneL - I know it was hard for you too when you lost Zoe. It's funny how when we lose a fur child that they look out for us more than we did them here on Earth. A roll reversal not unlike the bit from Superman about how the son becomes the father, and the father becomes the son. I look forward to hearing about your adventures with Kasper smile.gif

--------------------
Her hardest hue to hold.
But only so an hour.
So Eden sank to grief,
Nothing gold can stay.

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Jun 25 2011, 03:46 PM
Post #80

Forum Moderator

Hi, Tom, just being able to get caught up on your news. I have been dealing with new computer "issues" and it has not been a fun time. But here I am, and it is nice to be able to actually do something POSITIVE with this new gizmo for a change.

As others here I am so very thankful for your Guardian Angel Sir Thomas looking after you during Wednesday's weather rampage. I was totally shocked to read the news about a twister going through Churchill Downs, and am so very thankful no one - - of any life form - - was hurt.

Sorry that you're looking at another weekend of "on call" - - especially after having to work last weekend. Still, your precious Theresa and little sprite Tang are just very glad for every moment you are with them. And it sounds like they are becoming more accustomed to one another -- one day at a time. I'm laughing at your account of "mistaken identity" - - oh yeah, I know that, too. OOoopppps - - precious moments each and every one.

I hope you and your precious fur tribe are having a good day, Tom, and that you will be spared of having to "deal with" obnoxious human behaviors. Even though I have not been able to be here for a few days, please know you and your fur family are always close in my thoughts and prayers, Tom, and always look forward to knowing each of you are doing.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------

+Quote Post

358 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th April 2024 - 11:35 PM