Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Shelley, a loving 'mommie' Calico
xxForeverxx
post Oct 31 2012, 11:11 AM
Post #81

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 7,430

Hi DannysMom

Yeah I understand what you mean about the TV. My other half was not too impressed when I first got the DVD as our telly was new at the time. We soon realised luckily that they used their paws not their claws to swat the screen which luckily saved the screen rolleyes.gif

Haha sounds like she has dog instincts as they bark at things they do not like to warn them and it sounds like that was what she was doing. She might make a great guard cat yet!! I am glad she is becoming more of a lap cat even if it is only for half an hour at a time. I think sometimes it just takes them time to becoming very relaxed where they are. It has only been the last few weeks that Pixie has really started to come and sit with me everywhere and we have had her, along with her brother, for over a year!

I hope Shelley is having a fun day today.

xxForeverxx
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Oct 31 2012, 01:31 PM
Post #82

Member No.: 7,464

xxForeverxx, thanks for stopping by! smile.gif That is so sweet how Pixie has started to sit with you. When they are "teenagers" (the first year or so) they want to be more independent, so it could be that. When I think of Mindy I think of your Pixie and how similar they look. Shelley loves playing chase with Mindy and will sometimes change direction unexpectedly to confuse Mindy. Shelley is the more sensitive one of the two, and I just love how she often looks up at me in her shy and gentle way as if to say:"Please, please loooove me!" She has amazing light green eyes. It has taken me a bit to get comfortable with cuddling and holding her. At first I was always cautious, because Tina never cared much for being held. But Shelley is really very docile and gentle, a real sweet cat. Here is a recent pic of her and Mindy sitting together.

Attached Image

--------------------
Danny: March 4, 2001 - December 28, 2011
Tina: October 27, 1997 - April 28, 2012

To live in hearts we leave behind is not to die.

+Quote Post
xxForeverxx
post Nov 9 2012, 06:07 AM
Post #83

Once again seeing the photos brings a smile to my face. I need to get my pictures off my phone and upload some on here. Shelley probably knows by now that of course you love her and will give her love.........but she also knows if she shows you those gorgeous eyes she will win you over still every time rolleyes.gif I think it is a good thing that Tina was like she was and Shelley is the opposite. Two completely different characters that both got copious amounts of love. It is a way you can remember Tina without comparing too much to Shelley. Although sometimes I think it is nice sometimes to say oh Ellie does this just like Chewy did as It is a way of remembering him.

I really do look forward to seeing more pictures.

How is Shelley today?

xxForeverxx

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Nov 9 2012, 12:05 PM
Post #84

Forum Moderator

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 4,861

Hi, DannysMom, thank you so much for sharing with us how you're doing, and these WONDERFUL pictures of your precious Mindy and Shelley. They are soooo beautiful, and their eyes and facial expressions show how much they are loved - - they KNOW they are loved!!!

I hope today is treating you and your precious Shelley and Mindy kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious girls will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, DannysMom, and of your precious Shelley and Mindy. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious girls are doing.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------
In heaven's perfect garden there is no grief or pain, and all of God's creation join the angels' sweet refrain.

The most blessed way I have of knowing God's comforting love and grace is to look into the eyes and heart of God's creatures' sweet angelic face.

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Nov 11 2012, 05:40 PM
Post #85

xxForeverxx, thank you for stopping by. I would love to see more pics of Ellie, Pixie and Fudge. They are each one of them sooo cute! smile.gif Shelley is a real sweetheart. In the mornings she has started to come under the covers for a few minutes to snuggle right next to my body and she always purrs so contentedly. She is very loving and likes being picked up for a quick cuddle in my arms. I am becoming very attached to her and love her so much.

moon_beam, thank you for your comments. Yes, Mindy and Shelley are loved very much. My girls mean so much to me and I am so proud of them. I love seeing them play together. A couple of nights ago Shelley and Mindy were wrestling. Shelley pinned Mindy down and Mindy started a low growl. Then Shelley let up and walked away, but Mindy did a surprise attack and jumped on Shelley's back and wrestled her. Shelley quickly got away from Mindy, sat down and let out a heavy sigh as if to say:"Do I really have to put up with this?" She is to patient though. I'm sure she is used to rough play as her three little kittens must have played with her a lot. I wonder if she misses them sometimes. I do hope they all found good homes. Shelley sees how I love rubbing Mindy's tummy and now she sometimes offers me her tummy as well. She loves "talking" to me and repeats sounds back to me. I often find her sitting in the window when I come back from shopping. And she always comes down to greet me at the door, just like Tina did. I find myself watching her nap quite often and I am becoming so fond of her unique coloring. I am growing to love her just as much as I loved my Tina. I am so glad that I found Shelley. She is truly a gift from above.

--------------------

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Nov 11 2012, 06:52 PM
Post #86

It just occurred to me that six month ago today was when I first brought Shelley home. I can't believe we've already been together for so long. She was so shy at the beginning. She cried in the car the whole time and I felt so bad. This was a big change for her. She left the home she had known since she was a little kitten. She was so scared. And look at her now! She is very much at home here, love me and Mindy. She is such a wonderful cat! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Nov 12 2012, 03:40 PM
Post #87

Forum Moderator

Hi, DannysMom, thank you so much for sharing your precious Shelley with us, and your and your precious Shelley's 6 month anniversary. This is a very happy occasion, and I know how much she means to you. You are blessed to be her Forever Mom - - to share her blossoming as a beautiful flower in her Forever Home.

I hope today is treating you and your precious Shelley and Mindy kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious girls will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, DannysMom, and of your precious Shelley and Mindy. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious girls are doing.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------
In heaven's perfect garden there is no grief or pain, and all of God's creation join the angels' sweet refrain.

The most blessed way I have of knowing God's comforting love and grace is to look into the eyes and heart of God's creatures' sweet angelic face.

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Nov 27 2012, 08:55 PM
Post #88

moon_beam, thank you so much for your comment. Shelley is such a sweet cat. Sunday evening she set a new record by snuggling in my arms for 44 whole minutes! smile.gif She fell asleep and enjoyed being supported by my arms. She was so relaxed and comfortable with me, and I really enjoyed our snuggle session. At night she is always the first to hop on the bed and curl up next to me - she is carrying on Tina's "tradition". Shelley also gets anxious like Tina when I have to go out to run an errand. She has such a sweet temperament. I wonder if that's because she is a "mom cat" and had raised her 3 little kittens. I always tell her she's special because she's a mommie cat.

Here she is enjoying a nap. I just love it when cats cover their faces with their paws. smile.gif
Attached Image

--------------------

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Nov 28 2012, 02:48 PM
Post #89

Forum Moderator

Hi, DannysMom, thank you so much for sharing with us how you and your precious Shelley are doing, and this wonderful picture of your precious little girl. I know what you mean when you share with us that you enjoy watching your precious Shelley sleep. The many different positions our companions get into are so adorable.

I am so glad that you and your precious Shelley are becoming closer bonded with one another. This is a lifetime journey - - may it be blessed with good health and much happiness. I know from first-hand experience with my precious furkids how your precious Shelley eagerly anticipates your return when you have to go out to work and do errands. Having both your precious Shelley and Mindy eagerly waiting for you makes the homecoming doubly sweet.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------

+Quote Post
xxForeverxx
post Dec 1 2012, 07:30 AM
Post #90

Hi DannysMom

What a lovely photo. When I see cats like that it always reminds me of when I wake up in the morning and I do not want to get up so I pull the cover over my face to hide the light! rolleyes.gif

It seems that both your cats are very much at home and loving their lives now. It was always going to happened eventually as they are in a wonderful loving home.

xxForeverxx

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Dec 1 2012, 02:28 PM
Post #91

moon_beam and xxForverxx, thank you both for your kind words. Yes, Shelley is definitely very much at home here and knows she is loved! smile.gif I still remember how scared she was when I first brought her home. She didn't know what to expect, and she was so shy and well-behaved, even stayed by herself in one room until Mindy was more used to her. She is a very smart cat, and she TALKS a lot! That's the Siamese in her.

Last night Shelley trumped her previous record of time spend with me in my lap. She stayed with me for 1 hour and 10 minutes! Yeah!!! smile.gif
I was watching an old movie, and she settled happily into my lap, with her body supported by my left arm, and her head rested against my legs that were propped up. Once in a while she stretched a bit and let out a little yawn. And she looked SO content and happy!

She even snuggles with me under the covers in bed, but only for a few minutes at a time. Shelley really loves being held and snuggling with me. I affectionately call her my little 'mama cat' since she had 3 kittens. Shelley puts up with Mindy's antics and rough play.

moon_beam, I too hope that Shelley will spend many happy years with me. I feel so blessed to have her in my life.

--------------------

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Dec 4 2012, 07:29 PM
Post #92

My crazy little "mommie cat" decided it would be fun to just curl up in the basket. She seemed so comfy there and did not want to get up. She allowed me to take pictures and gave off happy little meows as if to say:"Look! Aren't I cute?" Shelley does the funniest things. She is such a playful little cat, and she enjoys cuddling with me and being held on my lap.

Attached Image

--------------------

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Dec 5 2012, 12:16 PM
Post #93

Forum Moderator

Hi, DannysMom, thank you so much for sharing with us how you're doing and this special picture of your precious Shelley. There is no doubt from the look on her face and in her eyes that she knows she is loved by her Forever Mom. I know your precious Shelley and Mindy bring much joy and comfort to you.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Dec 5 2012, 10:26 PM
Post #94

Dear moon_beam, Shelley is loved indeed. She is such a good little cat, so loving and playful, and very gentle. A wonderful thing happened this morning. As I was leaving I glanced over to the couch and saw that Shelley was lying down on Danny's blanket. She seemed quite content, and I told her that Danny would be honored that she chose his favorite morning spot for a little nap. This is the first time that I have seen her lie down on his blanket.

Mindy and Shelley had a little spat a few minutes ago. I was trying to play with Mindy using a feather teaser when Shelley jumped in and tried to play with it. Mindy's eyes got big and she quickly jumped on Shelley as if to say:"This is MINE! MINE, MINE, MINE!" Shelley let out a shriek and ran off. A few minutes later they were happily playing chase.

--------------------

+Quote Post
xxForeverxx
post Dec 13 2012, 06:40 AM
Post #95

Hi DannysMom

That photo is wonderful! It is amazing the places they like to lay. Sometimes out of their nice warm bed by the radiator mine just decide to sprawl out over the middle of the floor right where you might tread on them!

What a wonderful time for Shelley to choose to lay on his blanket. Maybe it is her way of bringing him to the festive season. I am sure he would be honoured and so proud of Shelley.

xxForeverxx

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Dec 15 2012, 04:52 PM
Post #96

xxForeverxx, thank you for your comments! smile.gif I always look forward to hearing from you. I guess maybe sometimes it gets a little too warm by the radiator and they need to cool off a bit. Yours are still young cats as well as mine, and I know Mindy and Shelley don't like it overly warm. Mindy just lays down on the floor most of the time. Shelley sometimes sits on top of the jungle gym.

My "Shell" is such a sweet cat. I think it comes from being a "mom cat" and having raised three kittens. She had an orange tabby, a grey/white one and a little diluted calico girl. I know she must have been a proud mommie. She was trying to lie down next to "sister" Mindy today, and for a few minutes it worked out okay. They were back to back and Shelley was very content, but then Mindy put her back leg on Shelley's back and Shelley let out a little shriek. Soon, they were up and a battle of the paws began, leaving Mindy sitting proudly as the victor as Shelley walked off.

This is where it started.
Attached Image

--------------------

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Dec 16 2012, 12:02 PM
Post #97

Forum Moderator

Hi, DannysMom, thank you so much for sharing with us how you and your precious Shelley and Mindy are doing, and this wonderful picture of your girls at the window. I am chuckling about your precious Shelley walking away from Mindy to avoid a battle. I'm not so sure that your precious Mindy was the "victor." My mom always used to say that the best way to difuse a fight is to walk away from the person who was trying to instigate the fight. From what you have shared with us about your precious Shelley it sounds to me like she knows when to take the high ground and when to stand her ground.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Dec 24 2012, 02:21 PM
Post #98

Dear moon_beam, this time Shelley made the first strike! smile.gif She was already napping on the couch when Mindy decided to join her and to lie down next to her. Shelley didn't like it and she struck Mindy playfully on the nose (just a short swat with the paw). Mindy retaliated and then they just sat there and stared at each other. It was "showdown at the kitty corral" until I intervened and told them that there's room for both on the couch and that they need to get along because it's Christmas. Would you know it, they listened and settled down, both napping sweetly together. smile.gif

Attached Image

--------------------

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Dec 26 2012, 01:54 PM
Post #99

Forum Moderator

Hi, DannysMom, thank you so much for sharing with us how you're doing, and this wonderful picture of your precious Shelley and Mindy. So glad they listened to you - - of course they ALWAYS hear us but reserve the "right" to ignore us. They both are very precious little girls - - I know they bring much joy and comfort to you, and they are so blessed to have you for their Forever Mom.

I hope today is treating you and your precious Mindy and Shelley kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious girls will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, DannysMom, and of your precious Mindy and Shelley. Please know you and your precious girls are in my thoughts and prayers, that I look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Danny and Tina.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------

+Quote Post
xxForeverxx
post Dec 30 2012, 01:16 PM
Post #100

Hi DannysMom

How lovely that they listened to you and sat their nicely. I have to admit it brought a little smile to my face to see that photo as after hearing what happened it looks like a photo of two siblings/friends who have been forced by their parents to sit together even though they are not happy about it! as there is that small gap and they are both facing away!

Shows you just how well they are doing at getting along though as if they did not want to then they would not have sat down nicely together at all.

xxForeverxx

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 05:16 PM