Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Meet My New Furbabies Crash And Bumbles, special needs-Cerebellar Hypoplasia
ann
post Jul 12 2009, 01:37 AM
Post #1

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 4,838

Hello Everyone, Dave and I adopted 2- 8mo old cats with CH disorder. As some of you know, Dave was very adament about not adopting anymore. This was totally his decision. He did not want me to have anymore outdoor cats. This favors everyone, I get to learn that indoor is O.K, he doesn't have to worry, and they get lots of love.
CH causes them to wobble and fall alot. They "peck" at their food because thier dept perception is poor. Once they find the right spot they are fine. They tend to be messy eaters. When they use the litter pan, they lie on thier sides, because thier balance is off. This is messy too. Bumbles can clean herself, but Crash needs to be wiped. Sometimes Bumbles will help too.
Bumbles is very affectionate and playful, Crash is still a little shy, but when he comes out from hiding he does well. Bumbles like to attack Crash when he's not looking. They put on quite a show.
This is Bumbles:Attached Image

This is Crash:Attached Image

They will never replace my Arthur, nor mend my broken heart, but they will help me to heal.
The night we got them, I felt like I was missing Arthur more than usual (if that is even possible)
Anyone ever felt that way?

Looking forward to many happy memories..Hugs to all..Ann
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
petmum
post Jul 12 2009, 02:12 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 5,842

Crash & Bumbles look very elegant, you are an amazing person to take on these splendid kitty cats, I can just imagine how much fun they wld be to watch.
When we brought our Jesse James home (a week ago today) I really missed my Buddy a lot for the next few days. Each time I saw Jesse I had to do a quick recollection of why Buddy wasn't black & white anymore. It was only for a split second but it did happen, not so much now. Though when I look @ Jesse James it reminds me that my Buddy wasn't alive anymore.
All part of the grieving process now doubt.
Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

+Quote Post
patricia
post Jul 13 2009, 04:32 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 5,599

what amazing people you are ann and dave, to take in two cats that need a little extra tlc. how blessed they are. i LOVE their names. and how beautiful the are. bumbles looks like my riley that passed over a year ago. how time flies... and yes i think we all feel the same way you do. like elaine said, part of the greiving process. when i got lucy. i cried and cried because i missed fred; who had just passed, so much more that first day,. i guess they remind us that its really over and we are moving forward. not easy to say the least, but so happy i have her in my life.
maybe cuz ive always lived on busy streets, but i prefer to have indoor pets. and they get used to it just fine. i could leave the door open and they wouldnt ever cross the threshold. well maybe just one little paw...it certainly made me worry a lot less (ive had outdoor cats as well).

cannot wait to hear all about their new cat adventures smile.gif
big ol' sloppy kiss and two legged hug from lucy, and me to bumbles and crash!
patricia

+Quote Post
Flossie's Mom
post Jul 15 2009, 01:10 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 5,211

Ann,

Congratulations to you and Dave on your new "children". They are BEAUTIFUL! Lucky them and lucky you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It takes special people to adopt special needs pets............ Authur is no doubt purring and bragging at the bridge about his parents.

Keep us posted on the adventures of Crash & Bumbles.

Ginger

+Quote Post
ann
post Jul 16 2009, 12:29 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 4,838

Hi All, it's been a week since we got Crash and Bumbles (already named, but thought it was cute and kept it)..They are ajusting very well. What treasures!..They are content inside, no intrest in even going near the door let alone looking out. Never had a cat like that. I think their sight is off, and it probably scares them. They do not like walking on the hard wood floor, very difficult for them, so we keep their food and litter box as close to the rug as possible. They are very happy, love to play and be loved.
Since they are still young (10mo) I'm going to start working with them to get them to stand in the litter box instead of lying down. It will be challenging, but I have some ideas I'm looking forward to tying out.

Their condition takes a lot by surprise, and people find it strange to have cats like that. It probably isn't for everyone, but they work well for us, and we can't be happier.
Thank you for the best wishes..I be on from time to time let you know how things are going..Hugs to all ..Ann...I certainly hope Arthur is proud of us...We miss him terribly..

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:29 AM