Forum Rules Site Rules and Courtesies

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Lost My Shelby Yesterday
Nanpacific55
post Apr 29 2018, 12:06 PM
Post #1

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 4,843

Yesterday I lost my beautiful Shelby to liver disease. She was a 13 1/2 year old West Highland White Terrier. I am absolutely heartbroken and can't seem to stop crying. I tried everything I could to save her and the vet had her on many different medicines but she continued to decline. I miss her so much. She always slept on the pillow beside me and even waited for me on the bathmat when I showered. I thought I would have more years with her. My other dog is really missing her too. We are trying to stay busy but I have this empty place in my heart. She was the sweetest dog and loved everyone. She raised the other Westie Spencer from the time he came into our lives. She was an awesome role model and a wonderful friend. In all her time with me she never chewed up anything and never had an accident in the house. She was very intelligient and understood what I was saying. I am just heartsick. I know in time I will probably get another puppy but right now I cannot imagine it. My house feels so empty without her. She was my constant companion and never far from where I was. This is the worst kind of pain I can imagine. She was deeply loved and forever in my heart.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Apr 29 2018, 12:18 PM
Post #2

Forum Moderator

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 4,861

Hi, Nanpacific, please permit me to offer you my sincerest sympathies in the physical loss of your beloved Shelby. Losing a companion is never easy regardless of the circumstances or how long we are blessed with the privilege of their company.

Nanpacific, this grief journey is one of the most painful experiences you will know on this side of eternity. It is a journey that is filled with many different emotions that can overwhelm us all at one time which is why it is frequently referred to as a horror roller coaster ride. From what you share with us there is no doubt that you did everything in your human and humane power to give your beloved Shelby a happy and healthy earthly journey.

The good news in the midst of all this pain is that the love bond you and your beloved Shelby share is eternal - - it is not restricted by the physical laws of time and space. Your beloved Shelby's sweet Living Spirit is always and forever a part of your heart and memories - - she is always and forever a heartbeat close to you.

I know so very well from first hand experience that when our hearts are entrenched in deep sorrow there are no adequate words in any language that can soothe the searing pain of sorrow. Still I hope the words I share with you will offer you some measure of comfort, support, encouragement, and hope as you travel your grief adjustment journey.

Thank you so much for honoring us in sharing your beloved Shelby with us. Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers, Nanpacific, and please let us know how you're doing.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------
In heaven's perfect garden there is no grief or pain, and all of God's creation join the angels' sweet refrain.

The most blessed way I have of knowing God's comforting love and grace is to look into the eyes and heart of God's creatures' sweet angelic face.

+Quote Post
Mistletoe
post Apr 30 2018, 01:55 AM
Post #3

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 3,246

So sorry---

Attached Image

--------------------
Not the least hard thing to bear when they go from us, these quiet friends, is that they carry away with them so many years of our own lives..." John Galworthy

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:46 PM