IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Fancy Pants
Dusty Moonrise
post Aug 23 2009, 11:44 PM
Post #1

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 5,909

Did I mention in an earlier post that I got a Jack Russell Terrier? I should have typed a Jack Russell TERROR! Fancy's motto seems to be "Eat it, and if you can't eat it, chew it into a million pieces!". She has already disposed of one poisonous snake in our yard! Having said these things, I must say that I haven't had a puppy in several years, and I find it exhilerating to play with a dog with such boundless energy! I just hope that I can "chew-proof" my home enough that my wife doesn't disown the both of us! Seriously, though, Fancy has been a balm to my grieving spirit after having lost my beloved Bitsy. The fact that Fancy is completely different from my deeply missed little chihuahua has been a blessing. I don't expect the Jack to be anything like my Bitsy Bug, and Fancy has "fit the bill"! I think that I can see Bitsy in my hearts eye giving her little "smirk" that I remember so well seeing me once again having to mediate between my dog and my wife! Maybe Fancy will have me trained sooner or later! Best wishes to ALL Jack owners!
Attached image(s)
Attached Image

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 5)
petmum
post Aug 24 2009, 04:37 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 5,842

Jack Russell TERROR....LMHO!!!!!!!!!
gr8 to hear bout your new companion.

+Quote Post
Dusty Moonrise
post Aug 24 2009, 08:33 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 5,909

QUOTE (petmum @ Aug 24 2009, 04:37 AM) *
Jack Russell TERROR....LMHO!!!!!!!!!
gr8 to hear bout your new companion.
Tnx, Petmum! Having a new little friend does not end the grief of losing another, but it does make it more bearable!
Andy

+Quote Post
patricia
post Aug 24 2009, 12:49 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 5,599

hi andy! so glad to hear you have a new little one. but OMG!!! do i know what youre going thru!!! after losing my sweet fred, lucy adopted me. well, my little terror is know as lucy-fur! shes a terror with jack russell terror! holy cow. her latest nickname is tornado cuz just this weekend, she left a path of destruction...in my apartment.. can i just tell you, cover the electric cords, dont leave anything on tables, or counters cuz they can jump. dont leave libary books laying around, or remote controls, eye glasses, water bottles (lucy figured out how to twist open the bottles). expect chewed up carpets and door molding (get bitter apple spray. it works), playing with bees and all sorts of bugs (i dont know what id do if she was playing with a snake) never ending energy, missing shoes, chewed up shoes, torn up mail, toilet paper, kleenex and everything else they can find but in return you will have never-ending joy. im so happy for you. i so agree. lucy has been my little life saver. after i lost fred i felt so lost and alone. now im to exhausted and pooped-out to even think about it:) she keeps me going and going and going. we are taking her camping in a coupla weeks and im feeling a bit sorry for those bears. they have no idea who's coming to town smile.gif
i wont mention the countless trips to the hospital (sigh) becuase she is such a little troublemaker smile.gif
i know freds "upstairs" laughing.
please keep posting. love these funny stories. makes my heart smile!

read this wonderful quote: "dogs (and cats;) are not our whole life but they make our lives whole". congratulations all of you. what wonderful adventures you will have together.
patricia

+Quote Post
TaffysSister
post Sep 6 2009, 05:51 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 6,057

Andy, he is so cute. I am so glad you got a new friend.

+Quote Post
Ken Albin
post Sep 12 2009, 11:17 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 854

What a cutie! Congrats on the new terror. It sound like you all will have many adventures together.

Ken Albin

--------------------

Daddy Cat left this world at the age of 17. His tribute page is at Daddy Cat's Tribute Page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 12:53 PM