Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Where's My Darcey?
gillian
post Sep 16 2008, 07:03 AM
Post #21

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 2,199

Day 5 ... sad.gif

I got a phone call this afternoon from a woman who saw a little tabby cat out her back garden yesterday evening. She said the cat was so beautiful that she lifted her kids up so they could see the cat too. When she saw the flyers we'd put up this morning, she said she's pretty sure the cat she saw was Darcey, especially as she had never seen that cat before, and certainly never saw cats in her back yard as she has 2 dogs.

That's the thing! I have 2 dogs who Darcey absolutely loves. I think she's trying to find home. She saw 2 dogs in the back yard of someone's house and she went to see if it was her house.

The woman said the cat looked healthy enough, but she couldn't see what colour of collar it had on or anything like that. She told me if she sees the cat again, she'll try to bring it indoors (and if anyone here remembers how Darcey feels about the indoors that'll be a stuggle ... )

The woman lives in completely the opposite direction to where the man said he'd seen Darcey on Saturday morning. I'm planning on going out this evening for another search in the area the woman thinks she saw Darcey.

Thanks to everyone for the encouragement so far. I really appreciate that there are other people who care that Darcey finds her way home somehow, as much as I do. x

--------------------
My Beloved Bono: This Void is Immeasurable
Born: 25th March 1998
Died: 16th October 2006

My Beautiful Darcey: Come Home to Me
Born: 11th August 2006
Disappeared: 11th September 2008

Bono's Webpage:

http://www.in-memory-of-pets.com/personalt...te.php?ID=62356

Bono's LS Post:

http://lightning-strike.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=3317

The Rainbow Bridge:

http://www.indigo.org/rainbowbridge_ver2.html
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
katzen11
post Sep 16 2008, 12:27 PM
Post #22

Member No.: 3,125

QUOTE (gillian @ Sep 14 2008, 06:46 PM) *
THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS THAT I GET MY LITTLE GIRL BACK. THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS PLEASE!!!

Gillian,
all my thoughts and prayers, that sweet Darcey is coming home to you very soon.
Eva

--------------------
in loving memory of my sweet babycat Felice
+ 8 december 2006

+Quote Post
myhrtisbrkn
post Sep 16 2008, 01:55 PM
Post #23

Member No.: 2,048

That sounds like promising news Gillian. I'm glad to hear it. You are getting closer....don't give up.

Thinking of you and Darcey,
Dayna

--------------------
"You in heaven...be aware. When my day comes I will be there. Then open your gates and you will see....on wings you gave, they'll fly to me"

Blessed is he who has earned the love of an old dog.

Rescue one, until there are none!

+Quote Post
sissycat
post Sep 16 2008, 02:44 PM
Post #24

Member No.: 4,783

More promising news!!!! Never look in just one area. They can cover alot of ground quickly.
All my fingers are crossed for you. Please let us know.

Hugs, hope, and prayers for you and Darcey.

+Quote Post
nickels
post Sep 16 2008, 09:36 PM
Post #25

Member No.: 2,024

Gillian,

I keep checking in. I lit candles for you last night and will continue to Pray for you and Darcey. You are getting some hopeful tips. You have a lot of people keeping you in their thoughts and Prayers.

Michelle

--------------------
Nickels a.k.a Pickels
7-6-94 to 8-28-06
I have loved you forever!

Nickels story
http://lightning-strike.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=4242

+Quote Post
sissycat
post Sep 16 2008, 10:06 PM
Post #26

Just checking to see if there were any news from you yet.

Hope, Hugs, and Prayer!!!!!!!

+Quote Post
gillian
post Sep 17 2008, 04:19 AM
Post #27

Thank you for checking in and for your support through this.

I went out yesterday evening to search the area the woman thought she saw Darcey. As I walked around I saw more of my flyers had been deliberately ripped from the lampposts, destroyed and then tossed onto the ground. It was disheartening to see. Who are these monsters? My fiancé went out a second time too till 1am; he went quite a bit further afield too.

At one point, he saw two eyes reflecting in a field. It was dark, so that's all he could see. He called to it, but the cat ran away; not sure if that was Darcey or not; I don't think it was, cause Darcey wouldn't have run away. But maybe shes changed?

She was always such a vocal cat. When I called her, I'd go out to my back yard and clap my hands and call her name, and before I even saw her I'd hear her 'miaw miaw' and then she'd trot along, before winding herself round my legs. I really miss that, cause Sasha and Sebastian don't rub up against me the way Darcey did. Darcey had to get as close as possible. She was a lovely cat. I keep saying 'was' rather than 'is'. I can't help it. It's as if she's dead ... But this is worse ... cause I really need to know what happened to her. I really need to know that she's not out there starving, or wounded, or being abused. I need to know she's ok. I'm beginning to wonder if someone has stolen her ... The animal rescue groups I've called tell me it wouldn't surprise them if some woman might have just taken her into her house and won't let her out. I can't imagine how anyone could be so horrible as to do that, especially as that person would see she's wearing a collar with a nametag and the flyers that we've put up.

I worry incase it was Darcey my fiancé saw last night, and that she isn't responding to our calls now. Perhaps somethings happened to her, shes trusted someone in the past few days and they've hurt her, and now she's not responding to our calls anymore. That she can hear us, maybe even see us, but she's won't come. If that's the case, I'll never find Darcey. She needs to help herself be found too. I worry about that most of all.

My fiancé put up more flyers.

Day 6 and she's not home. sad.gif

--------------------

Bono's Webpage:

Bono's LS Post:

The Rainbow Bridge:

+Quote Post
myhrtisbrkn
post Sep 17 2008, 04:12 PM
Post #28

Gillian,

You said Darcey loves your dogs and you thought she might be looking for them. Would it be possible for you to take the dogs with you when you searched? Might their sharp ears and noses detect her presence...especially if she were trapped or in trouble? Would she come to them?...Just a thought.

Still thinking of you and your lost one,
Dayna

--------------------
"You in heaven...be aware. When my day comes I will be there. Then open your gates and you will see....on wings you gave, they'll fly to me"

+Quote Post
gillian
post Sep 17 2008, 05:37 PM
Post #29

Dayna,

Yeah, we have been taking my CKCS Nieko (who's Darcey best friend - they were puppy and kitten together) but nothing.

It's now 11:30pm and I'm just home after cycling for 2 hours looking for Darcey. I hate making the journey back home knowing I haven't found her. So many cats have been coming up to me, but none of them Darcey. My fiancé is going to head out now to search a different direction.

I'm beginning to despair. I miss my little Darcey. It will be a week tomorrow since shes been gone.

This is Darcey with Nieko below. This is how much she loved my dogs. She was so happy with us. So happy here. She lived a good life with me, never wanted for anything. I don't understand why she's gone, why she'd travel so far away she'd get lost.

Thanks again for the support. I'll maybe bring the dogs more often. I only go out in the bike because I cover more ground with it.

OK. It's now 1.40am and my fiancé has now come home, without Darcey. No sign. He did say he heard what he thought was a crow in despair, like it had been attacked in a field where we think Darcey might be. But he never saw anything, despite searching the area. Might be best to go back during daylight hours.
Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------

Bono's Webpage:

Bono's LS Post:

The Rainbow Bridge:

+Quote Post
Mikki
post Sep 17 2008, 07:23 PM
Post #30

Member No.: 4,966

QUOTE (gillian @ Sep 17 2008, 06:37 PM) *
Dayna,

Yeah, we have been taking my CKCS Nieko (who's Darcey best friend - they were puppy and kitten together) but nothing.

It's now 11:30pm and I'm just home after cycling for 2 hours looking for Darcey. I hate making the journey back home knowing I haven't found her. So many cats have been coming up to me, but none of them Darcey. My fiancé is going to head out now to search a different direction.

I'm beginning to despair. I miss my little Darcey. It will be a week tomorrow since shes been gone.

This is Darcey with Nieko below. This is how much she loved my dogs. She was so happy with us. So happy here. She lived a good life with me, never wanted for anything. I don't understand why she's gone, why she'd travel so far away she'd get lost.

Thanks again for the support. I'll maybe bring the dogs more often. I only go out in the bike because I cover more ground with it.

I am praying for your Darcey---my mom's cat went missing for two weeks and she got him back. keep putting up flyers, calling shelters, calling her name when you are out looking for her. Stay positive, keep taking action. She could still come home!

+Quote Post
myhrtisbrkn
post Sep 17 2008, 07:53 PM
Post #31

Gillian,

Aren't they adorable. I'm inclined to think that Darcey didn't leave you under her own power. If she has been abducted, then sooner or later they are going to get tired of trying to keep her indoors. But perhaps ,in the mean time, she is reasonably safe and being cared for. Anyway that is what I am hoping.

Hang in there, love and prayers,
Dayna

--------------------

+Quote Post
nickels
post Sep 17 2008, 09:57 PM
Post #32

Member No.: 2,024

Oh Gillian, That picture is absolutely precious. Please don't give up hope. There is so much Love in your home and I just know Darcey is trying to get back home.

I have your thread on topic notification and keep checking to see if she's home yet. Kitties are so resiliant, especially ones like Darcey. I just know she's coming home soon.

Still in my thoughts and Prayers,

Michelle

--------------------
Nickels a.k.a Pickels
7-6-94 to 8-28-06
I have loved you forever!

Nickels story
http://lightning-strike.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=4242

+Quote Post
gillian
post Sep 18 2008, 07:20 AM
Post #33

Missing 1 week today. sad.gif

1:20pm: Got 2 phone calls today from men who think they saw Darcey this morning. Both in complete opposite directions of each other, and both in areas both my fiancé and myself have been checking since last week, cause it's the same 2 areas we got leads on before. My fiancé has been very kind and has taken an hour out of work to check both of the areas again for Darcey, as I need to stay with my son (who has the cold) I dunno what to think about these sightings. One of them must be wrong; it must be another tabby cat they see. Hopefully the other one is actually Darcey.

2:50pm: OK my fiancé saw a black, brown and white cat at one of the 'sightings' which was predominately white and certainly not a tabby! So that was obviously a wrong lead. I mean, there's a reason I put a photo of Darcey on the flyers! She has no white on her at all. And at the other 'sighting' there was a pure tabby cat there, but it was owned by the people across the road and it was bigger than Darcey. So my fiancé put more leaflets through doors near one of the 'sightings'. But now I'm not so sure if Darcey has been seen at all, or if people are simply seeing different cats than Darcey. He called and searched both areas, but no sign of Darcey ... sad.gif I suppose we've just gotta keep looking.

--------------------

Bono's Webpage:

Bono's LS Post:

The Rainbow Bridge:

+Quote Post
sissycat
post Sep 18 2008, 08:18 PM
Post #34

Yes just keep looking and waiting. If she happen to get under a car and take a ride she could have jumped out anywhere and is trying to get back home. Don't give up hope. So many people here are praying for her safe return too!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope, hugs, and prayers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+Quote Post
gillian
post Sep 19 2008, 10:40 AM
Post #35

Day 8: Got another couple of 'sightings' on Darcey this afternoon, but when we checked the areas, she wasn't there in one case, and in another, it was a different tabby cat, which belonged to a family nearby. It's disheartening. Got another call from a person who saw a grey and white cat ... and considering Darcey has no grey or white in her at all, that was strange ... and again disheartening. Going back out again tonight for another search, but we'll just be taking the dogs with us too, and combining walking the dogs with searching for Darcey, and following any leads we get. But that's all we can do now. It's really like looking for a needle in a haystack ... Because she's microchipped, there's always hope I'll get her back. My vets tell me they'll scan every new adult tabby cat which is registered for a microchip, because at this rate, we think she might have been stolen

--------------------

Bono's Webpage:

Bono's LS Post:

The Rainbow Bridge:

+Quote Post
myhrtisbrkn
post Sep 20 2008, 02:15 PM
Post #36

Gillian,

We're still hopeful and praying for Darcey's return.

Dayna

--------------------

+Quote Post
gillian
post Sep 20 2008, 02:33 PM
Post #37

Day 9: Another sad day without Darcey. I got a few calls today from people who claim to have seen a tabby cat which looked like Darcey, but despite checking the areas each time, there was no sign of her, despite one lead being very promising. There is an area which we have gotten quite a few calls from. I know there are tabby cats which live there, which might be responsible for that, however there was one man who said he saw a pure tabby cat under a car, wearing a black collar with the end bit of the collar sticking out a little (as it's too big on her) and that's exactly how Darcey's collar was! But the cat had gone by the time he made the call to us, and she wasn't there when we checked the area. It's difficult following leads and getting disappointed each time. But maybe we'll find her in the end.

--------------------

Bono's Webpage:

Bono's LS Post:

The Rainbow Bridge:

+Quote Post
sissycat
post Sep 20 2008, 05:48 PM
Post #38

Keeping fingers crossed for you. You are doing so much to look for her. Keep up the good work. Praying one of the phone calls will reunite you with Darcey.

Hope, Hugs, and Prayers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+Quote Post
goliath
post Sep 21 2008, 08:18 AM
Post #39

Member No.: 4,239

Hi Gillian,

Though I haven't been here in awhile, I had hoped to return and find that Darcy had come home. Both of you have continued to be in my prayers. Hang onto hope and keep thinking positive thoughts about her coming home. Perhaps someone is taking good care of her and doesn't know who she belongs to. If she got out once, she will again. As you said, she is a good hunter and will survive with her skills when she is out and about. No doubt she will be working her way toward the home and family she loves. wub.gif

Hugs,
Beth

--------------------
Topics that include Goliath are:
Death of my Furry Baby Boy Chihuahua
Heartfelt Letter to my Goliath
Goliath and Gidget Pics
Happy Birthday Goliath
Goliath's Blessings
Bouncing Baby Browser (Goliath & Gidget's New Baby Brother)
Browser Is Missing!
Goliath Aloysius 1/25/1997 til 11/6/2007
My Gidgie Girl

+Quote Post
gillian
post Sep 21 2008, 01:11 PM
Post #40

Day 10: Got a promising call today. A woman phoned to say that since Tuesday last week she has been feeding a small tabby cat without a collar, which is nervous and very skinny. Today she was at the vet and she saw a poster we'd put up, and she phoned saying the cat she'd been feeding is exactly like Darcey. She took a photo of the cat, and while I took care of the baby, my fiancé went to see the photo and he says he thinks it's Darcey! But the woman hadn't trapped the cat or anything, so she wasn't there when my fiancé went down, although he did take a walk around and call for her, but with no response ... The woman said she'd call if and when she sees the cat again, so the next thing to do is the put up flyers in that area, which is about 6 miles from our house!!!

She's still not home though ... but maybe ... maybe she will be soon.

--------------------

Bono's Webpage:

Bono's LS Post:

The Rainbow Bridge: