Forum Rules Site Rules and Courtesies

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Guailty For Wanting Another One?, I miss my Sassy but I feel lost without
Sassy Girl
post Feb 12 2008, 12:27 PM
Post #1

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 4,269

It has been just over a month since Sassy has gone missing. Some people think that someone has taken her and give her away out of my condo complex and same say it was the coyotes that got her. I just do not know.

I just feel so lonely without her and I know I could never replace her with a another cat. I live alone and so used to have a fur legged baby hanning around. I think about getting another. I would get another Maxn that was Sassy is,but than I feel so so guilty for giving up on her. Parts of me is ready for another baby and other parts say no it is not fair too Sassy. I hate this is she dead or alive living a happy life someplace.

Take care

Sandy
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Zita'sMom
post Feb 12 2008, 12:40 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 3,938

Hi Sandy

When I decided to get another cat it wasn't because I gave up on Zita. It was because of the huge emptiness she left behind. Although I am sure Zita is in spirit, if by some miracle she appeared again I would take her back no matter how many cats I had. Of course a new cat doesn't replace the old one and in expecting a "similar" cat I might have been disappointed. But I think if it is the "right" cat you will know. The special souls that we've lost cannot be replaced. However, we can make life better for another soul who might not otherwise have a caring person in their life. If it feels right, you will know.

Jan

+Quote Post
goliath
post Feb 12 2008, 04:43 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 4,239

Just because you want to seek company with another furbaby does not mean you have to give up on Sassy. You will make many happy memories with your new and different companion. Sassy's memories will always remain with you. No one can take them. Our memories become a permanent part of us in our hearts.

There are many furbabies waiting on someone to be their companion as you are seeking companionship as well. You will recognize the right companion when you meet them.

Hugs rolleyes.gif

--------------------
Topics that include Goliath are:
Death of my Furry Baby Boy Chihuahua
Heartfelt Letter to my Goliath
Goliath and Gidget Pics
Happy Birthday Goliath
Goliath's Blessings
Bouncing Baby Browser (Goliath & Gidget's New Baby Brother)
Browser Is Missing!
Goliath Aloysius 1/25/1997 til 11/6/2007
My Gidgie Girl

+Quote Post
jennybean
post Jan 10 2010, 09:23 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 6,304

A new pet can never replace the love you feel for the one you have lost, but it sure helps. It just allows you to refocus your love in a healthy way. I hope I can get to that point soon after missing my Sadie Girl.

+Quote Post
sissycat
post Jan 10 2010, 11:23 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 4,783

Sandy,
Just remember you are not replacing your sweet Sassy, but you will be offering another furbaby the chance to be loved. I'm sure Sassy would want to share such a wonderful owner with others!! In over a year and a half I have gotten 2 new kitties. Right at first I had said I didn't think I could get another. My Sissycat could never be replaced and she will always hold that special place in my heart.

If you feel it is right--Go for it!!!

Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+Quote Post
madi
post Jan 11 2010, 07:58 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 6,207

You do what is right for you Sandy, you be the judge and follow your heart.

madi xx

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 07:19 AM