Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 2 Years Ago Today, Sir Thomas
Gretta's Mom
post Dec 14 2013, 12:43 PM
Post #41

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 7,067

Hello Sir Thomas's Dad

They say that love never ends and I believe it. Every time a pang of loneliness stabs our hearts, we remember and love. We shared so much love with them that not being with them in physical form is almost more than the heart can stand. Oh, it ebbs and flows, but mostly flows. When they first come to us, we exchange pieces of each others' hearts. These we carry with us through our lives together here on earth and take them with us into the great beyond. Our fur-children go before us - sometimes long before us - and the pain of the hole in our hearts, the missing piece that the Special One is holding, into which the piece of their heart that WE'RE holding doesn't quite fit, is always with us. It's been a little over three years that Gretta (the kindest chocolate lab who ever lived) went home and nine months since Rufus (the half black lab-half Newfie) joined her. Every day I shed some tears for them, especially when I write here but at other times too.

Sir Thomas, Gretta, Rufus and every single other fur being, even those who did not have earthly parents are waiting for us at the Bridge. May they who were unloved on earth be the first to greet us, then our beloveds. No more tears ...... forever.

Gretta and Rufus's mom
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tom's Dad
post Dec 14 2013, 05:23 PM
Post #42

Member No.: 6,946

Thank you Gretta's Mom

That's a beautiful sentiment. I still feel the pain of losing Sir Thomas, as I know you do your precious Gretta and then Rufus just nine months ago. Every so often I will feel his presence in our home. I know Theresa and Tang do from watching their actions. I was thinking of Tom last night as I was flipping through channels on TV and stopped at a movie called Marley and Me on Encore. Wish I hadn't though given how it ended sad.gif Had a good cry, thought of Tom and settled in with the fur kids.

Thanks for stopping by and sharing. Blessings.

TTT

--------------------
Nature's first green is gold
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf's a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.

+Quote Post
Tom's Dad
post Dec 14 2013, 07:35 PM
Post #43

Reworded lyrics from the song "Ben". I don't know if I ever mentioned it, but Tom was an unwanted stray when he was found by my ex-room mate's co-worker. Before he came into my life and forever changed it for the better wub.gif

Tom, the two of us need look no more
We both found what we were looking for
With my friend to call my own I'll never be alone
And you my friend will see, you've got a friend in me

Tom, you're always running here and there
You feel you're not wanted anywhere
If you ever look behind and don't like what you find
There's something you should know, you've got a place to go

I used to say, "I", And "Me"
Now it's "Us", Now it's "We"

Tom, most people would turn you away
I don't listen to a word they say
They don't see you as I do I wish they would try to
I'm sure they'd think again if they had a friend like Tom
Like Tom, like Tom

--------------------
Her hardest hue to hold.
But only so an hour.
So Eden sank to grief,
Nothing gold can stay.

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post Dec 15 2013, 02:08 AM
Post #44

Sir Tom's Dad

What a wonderful song! We can all put a name of our own into it and have it express what is in our hearts. Thank you so much.

Gretta and Rufus's mom

+Quote Post
Tom's Dad
post Jun 10 2014, 06:42 PM
Post #45

Well, my precious Sir Thomas

Sunday was exactly 3 1/2 years since you crossed the bridge to Heaven. I can't believe I forgot to post then. I had been thinking about the date and you leading all up to it my precious boy. But I'm here now, and I want to tell you I think about you and miss your physical presence everyday.

Your little brother in spirit Tang is doing so well with his ear since the surgery. I just know you pulled some strings up there for us. Your little sister Theresa is well too. She likes to sit on the computer desk and stare at your picture from time to time.

We all miss you down here on Earth. Be good up there, I hope they have lots of treats for you. Love

Dad, Theresa and Tang.

--------------------
Her hardest hue to hold.
But only so an hour.
So Eden sank to grief,
Nothing gold can stay.

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Jun 11 2014, 08:00 AM
Post #46

Forum Moderator

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 4,861

Hi, Tracy, thank you so much for sharing with us your and your beloved Sir Thomas' 3.5 year angel-versary. While our companions are physically with us, we are focused on the daily blessings of their unconditional love and undivided attention. When they precede us to the angels we are cruelly reminded that no matter how much time we are blessed with the privilege of their company it is NEVER long enough, and we begin to count the minutes, hours, days, weeks, months, years we are physically separated from them.

But even though the deep grief eases, we are comforted by the love bond that is ALWAYS present, for love is eternal and is not dependent upon the physical laws of time and space. How very blessed your beloved Sir Thomas is to have you for his Forever Dad, and how very blessed you are to be his sole, and soul, heir to his eternal love.

I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, and that you will have a peaceful evening blessed with your beloved Sir Thomas' sweet Living Spirit to comfort you. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------
In heaven's perfect garden there is no grief or pain, and all of God's creation join the angels' sweet refrain.

The most blessed way I have of knowing God's comforting love and grace is to look into the eyes and heart of God's creatures' sweet angelic face.

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post Jun 20 2014, 06:22 AM
Post #47

Hello Tom's dad,

Your love for your fur-babies has inspired and moved me ever since I joined this site three years ago when my Gretta died. Like you, I continue to miss her and to love her for all her wonderful qualities and the things she taught me. These spirit-animals come to us for reasons we don't understand at first. Thene LONG before we feel like we're ready to "graduate" they go back to where they came from and we're thrwn into the deep end of the pool and have to show our stuff. It's hard. It's sad. And the lessons are never forgotten.

God be with you during all your tough days - and all your beautiful ones, too.

Gretta and Rufus's mom

+Quote Post
Tom's Dad
post Sep 8 2014, 06:45 PM
Post #48

Well, my little man Sir Thomas.

Here we are on another "8th" 3 years and 9 months ago today you joined the angels. Ten years ago today someone very special walked out of my life forever. Not a day goes by I don't think of you and her. You would have liked Allison, Tom. Like you she was very special.

I continue to feel your presence in each day. From sending little white butterflies, to keeping me from falling on a slippery and rainy day, to that beautiful sunrise Sunday morning on my way to work. Yes, my little man you are everywhere in nature's beauty and splendor. Your little sister misses you and your in spirit little brother has just that little spark of personality that reminds me of you.

Stay gold, Sir Thomas. Until we are all reunited in a better world.

Love,

Theresa, Tang and Dad.

--------------------
Her hardest hue to hold.
But only so an hour.
So Eden sank to grief,
Nothing gold can stay.

+Quote Post
Tom's Dad
post Dec 6 2014, 07:30 PM
Post #49

Dearest Sir Thomas

Day after tomorrow is December the 8th. Four years to the day you went across the Rainbow Bridge to be with the angels. I'm sorry I was not there with you when your time came. It's something I will regret for the rest of my earthly journey sad.gif

Your little sister Theresa misses you too, still looking at your picture on the desk. You little brother in spirit Tang still does little things that remind me of you. I thank you for guiding him our way from that awful scary night he was left in the rain.

But, most of all Tom, I want you know how much your dad misses you. The way you stomped all over the apartment like your big wild cousins, and then suddenly flopped on your back to demand tummy rubs wub.gif And the way you would sit on the back of the chair and pet my head with your tail. So many happy, loving memories. Be good up there and have plenty of treats in the endless sunshine. We love you and miss you. Dad, Theresa and Tang. I'll see you again.....

http://youtu.be/P7IbQyG9PL4

--------------------
Her hardest hue to hold.
But only so an hour.
So Eden sank to grief,
Nothing gold can stay.

+Quote Post
Tom's Dad
post Dec 7 2014, 04:56 PM
Post #50

One more day Sir Thomas. I'm still missing you and thinking about you.

--------------------
Her hardest hue to hold.
But only so an hour.
So Eden sank to grief,
Nothing gold can stay.

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post Dec 8 2014, 05:39 AM
Post #51

Good morning, Tom's Dad

Four years, and every day missing Sir Tom.
Four years, and every day knowing Sir Tom is in the Perfect World but in your heart of hearts, still being sad he's not here.
Four years, and every day remembering something wonderful he did
Four years, and every day having him silently watch over you and stop your foot from tripping on your way.
Four years, and every day a tear dropping and a heart aching.
Four years, and every day a smile at what a great cat he is.
Four years, and every day closer to the day you will be reunited with Sir Tom, never to be parted again.

With love,
Gretta and Rufus's mom

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Dec 8 2014, 01:18 PM
Post #52

Forum Moderator

Hi, Tracy, stopping by to let you know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers today as you commemorate the 4 year angel-versary of your beloved Sir Thomas' transition home to the angels. I do understand how you feel when you share with us: "I'm sorry I was not there with you when your time came. It's something I will regret for the rest of my earthly journey." The good news is that love is not dependent upon the physical presence - - for love reaches beyond the physical laws of time and space. Even though you were not physically with him, he felt your love close to him as his sweet Living Spirit departed his earthly physical body. And his sweet Living Spirit continues to share your earthly journey now as he always has and always will as he patiently waits for your appropriate time to join him in eternal joy.

Until then, you are blessed to be his sole, and soul, heir to his eternal love, and the blessing of sharing love with the little souls he sends your way.

I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, and that you will have a peaceful evening blessed with your beloved Sir Thomas' sweet Living Spirit to comfort you. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------
In heaven's perfect garden there is no grief or pain, and all of God's creation join the angels' sweet refrain.

The most blessed way I have of knowing God's comforting love and grace is to look into the eyes and heart of God's creatures' sweet angelic face.

+Quote Post
Tom's Dad
post Dec 8 2014, 07:32 PM
Post #53

Gretta and Rufus's mom

Thank you so much for the beautiful verse. It sums up my feelings for Sir Thomas in so much as words can. It is very much appreciated.

moon_beam

Thank you also for the kind encouraging words on this difficult day, these too are most appreciated.

And Sir Thomas, my special little angel man, a favor if I might ask? Please continue to watch over not only Theresa and Tang, but Gray Tabby and all the other waifs who I feed and try to comfort in your honor.

All my Love,

Dad

--------------------
Her hardest hue to hold.
But only so an hour.
So Eden sank to grief,
Nothing gold can stay.

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post Dec 11 2014, 06:53 AM
Post #54

Dear Sir-Thomas

Happy birthday in heaven today. There must be zillions of animals in the Perfect World but no one is more special to your dad than you. You are a big cat with a big name and a big heart. Please send some joy rays to your dad today because he is missing you today - and every day.

And get ready for that great day when your friends rush to you, panting so hard they can hardly talk, telling you that far off in the distance there is a man coming to the Bridge calling your name.

RUN, RUN, Sir Thomas, Jump into his arms. Wash his tears of joy with your sandpaper tongue. And start your new life together in the Perfect World, where you will always be happy and NEVER be parted again.

DANCE, DANCE, withe Sir Thomas perched on your shoulder. And before you realize it, the ache in your heart is gone and your hearts are filled with eternal joy.

SING, SING to the Good Shepherd who makes this all happen.

Gretta and Rufus's mom

+Quote Post
Tom's Dad
post Jun 7 2015, 04:02 PM
Post #55

Well, Sir Thomas my special little man...

Tomorrow will mark 4 1/2 years to the day you passed over the Rainbow Bridge. It's a Monday and I didn't want to forget with all the craziness that is my workday schedule.

Theresa and I still miss you terribly, and Tang is thriving here because of your angelic intervention guiding him to us. I've been seeing the white butterflies you send, and sense your loving presence keeping me safe in my daily travels. I hope you're getting plenty of treats, and have met up with the other companions whose parents on here have lost them in the Earthly journey. Be good, we love and miss you. Dad, Theresa, and your little brother in spirit Tang.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
Her hardest hue to hold.
But only so an hour.
So Eden sank to grief,
Nothing gold can stay.

+Quote Post
Tom's Dad
post Dec 7 2015, 07:17 PM
Post #56

QUOTE (Gretta's Mom @ Dec 11 2014, 06:53 AM) *
Dear Sir-Thomas

Happy birthday in heaven today. There must be zillions of animals in the Perfect World but no one is more special to your dad than you. You are a big cat with a big name and a big heart. Please send some joy rays to your dad today because he is missing you today - and every day.

And get ready for that great day when your friends rush to you, panting so hard they can hardly talk, telling you that far off in the distance there is a man coming to the Bridge calling your name.

RUN, RUN, Sir Thomas, Jump into his arms. Wash his tears of joy with your sandpaper tongue. And start your new life together in the Perfect World, where you will always be happy and NEVER be parted again.

DANCE, DANCE, withe Sir Thomas perched on your shoulder. And before you realize it, the ache in your heart is gone and your hearts are filled with eternal joy.

SING, SING to the Good Shepherd who makes this all happen.

Gretta and Rufus's mom

Thank you Gretta's Mom. That was beautiful

--------------------
Her hardest hue to hold.
But only so an hour.
So Eden sank to grief,
Nothing gold can stay.

+Quote Post
Tom's Dad
post Dec 7 2015, 07:26 PM
Post #57

Hello again Sir Thomas, my precious boy.

Tomorrow is a milestone. It will mark the 5th year to the day you had to cross the Rainbow Bridge to be with the angels and all the other people's companions. Did you find Chauncey up there? Give him a snuggle for me.

Thomas, I try to think of all the good times we had here on your earthly journey. Most of the time I can do that. But on days like this, I get sad and my eyes leak sad.gif I miss you so terribly. As does Miss Theresa and your little brother in spirit (that you brought our way) Tang

Be good up there. Run, play and get lots of treats. If you see Angel Mickey up there, let him know his mom and dad are thinking of him and looking after the waifs he sent their way.

Hugs, kisses and all our love.

Dad, Theresa and Tang.

--------------------
Her hardest hue to hold.
But only so an hour.
So Eden sank to grief,
Nothing gold can stay.

+Quote Post
Tom's Dad
post Jun 8 2016, 06:05 PM
Post #58

Hello Sir Thomas my special man.

Today is 5/12 years to the day you had to cross the Rainbow bridge and be with the angels. By now you should have met up with your little sister Theresa. Take good care of her. We miss you both with all our hearts.

Love wub.gif

Dad and Tang.

--------------------
Her hardest hue to hold.
But only so an hour.
So Eden sank to grief,
Nothing gold can stay.

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Jun 9 2016, 12:01 PM
Post #59

Forum Moderator

Hi, Tracy, thank you for sharing your and your beloved Sir Thomas' 5 1/2 year angel-versary with us. I can imagine it is particularly challenging with your beloved princess Theresa recently joining him in eternal joy. It doesn't matter how much time passes as we continue in our earthly journey - - our beloved companions are always with us in our heart and memories, they are always and forever a heartbeat close to us.

I hope today is treating you and your precious prince Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious boy will have a peaceful evening blessed with your beloved Sir Thomas', and princess Theresa's, sweet Living Spirits to comfort you. Please know you and your precious Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas, and princess Theresa.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tom's Dad
post Jun 9 2016, 02:42 PM
Post #60

Thank you moon_beam.

It is indeed difficult losing my baby girl so close to this milestone date for Tom. You and all the others on LS are a wonderful resource for support. Peace and Blessings to you as well.

TT and TT

--------------------
Her hardest hue to hold.
But only so an hour.
So Eden sank to grief,
Nothing gold can stay.

+Quote Post