4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Help Please!
jeff
post Sep 30 2010, 01:52 PM
Post #61

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 6,794

WOW alot of stuff:) thank you so much dottie, ill be checking all of this out, the cat animation on your lats post looks like my missing one. ill keep you posted if anyhting happens, thanks again:)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jeff
post Oct 1 2010, 07:41 PM
Post #62

anyone listening, i really need some moral support. its beging to become really hard to deal with. i just dont know what to do, were ahving alot of mfamily and friend problems and this just adds to the list. please just say something positive, im really depressed. thanks

+Quote Post
janika
post Oct 1 2010, 11:18 PM
Post #63

Member No.: 6,120

Dear Jeff

I am so sorry for what you are going through. Dottie and Moonbeam are giving so much brilliant practical and emotional help. I'm sure that you will be putting it into practice and will be doing everything possible to find your Kitty. Please try and stay positive. I have been a member of this forum for just over a year now and in that time there have been so many who have had a similar experience to you, and have gone on to find their precious fur babies, both kitty's and dogs. We had a missing dog in my town and she was safely found 9 months later. The owners posted notices in all the local papers (even in the surrounding counties) and also put notices up on trees/lamp posts, anywhere possible, with a photo and details of their missing Westie. Someone in the next county saw her in their paper and recognised her as a dog they'd bought from Gypsies at a 'car boot 'sale. She is now safely back with her family.
I know it's slightly different with an indoor/outdoor cat, and as you and others have said , she is probably out there having fun, doing what kitty's love best. When she's ready, she'll be back, but stay vigilant and keep looking. Have you got friends there who would help you in your search.
We are all thinking of you and willing that kitty of yours to return safely to you. Please come back here whenever you can and keep us posted.
I'm sending a great big hug from here in England.
Love Jan and my Angels and Pixie xx

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Oct 2 2010, 03:24 PM
Post #64

Forum Moderator

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 4,861

Hi, Jeff, I'm so sorry that you haven't found your precious kitty yet. Cats are so o o o elusive in being found, for sure. I don't know if you have wells or road storm drains, but if you do, you might want to check anything that your kitty might have inadvertently fallen into. When I was a little girl I had a little kitty who was very adventurous, and he got down into a street storm drain just down the street from the house but couldn't get out. He was missing for several days and I was frantically upset. (This was a different kitty from the one who went missing for 6 months). My little Willie was missing for several days - - no sign of him. One morning when my eldest sister was walking to the bus stop to go to work, she walked over the side walk storm drain cover and heard a meow -- and another meow - - and another meow. She hustled back to the house and told our dad, and before going to work he went down into the storm drain and sure enough - - there was our precious Willie. Wet and scared and filthy (which a bath took care of) - - but once again reunited with us, and more importantly - - me.

So, that's another thought that has come to mind as I have read over your posts again. I do so understand your concern and your fading hope in your heart, but please try to keep looking, and equally important - - hoping. When you least expect it your precious kitty will probably be found - - or come prancing back home as though he / she hasn't been gone at all. I know not knowing what has happened or where your kitty is is very upsetting. Just do what you can to find your precious kitty. And Jeff, please know we are your friends here. When family and friends aren't always as supportive or as kind as they could be, should be, please know we are here for you whenever you need us, and for as long as you need us.

Jeff, please know you are in my thoughts and prayers that you will be reunited very soon with your precious kitty, and please do let us know how you're doing and how things are going.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------
In heaven's perfect garden there is no grief or pain, and all of God's creation join the angels' sweet refrain.

The most blessed way I have of knowing God's comforting love and grace is to look into the eyes and heart of God's creatures' sweet angelic face.

+Quote Post
jeff
post Oct 2 2010, 05:00 PM
Post #65

thank you both, to be completly honest i am hopeing like crazy! i am praying to god, jesus and the archangels raphael and ariel. i dont really know were else to look. we dont have like tubing or drains around to look in, and our barn and grage is closed at night so i feel like i just have to wait. i am doing alittle bit better but its just really hard. i understand and thank you for telling me your experiences and knowing im not alone:) the thing that is scareing me most is that its fall and its been windy and rainy here for weeks now, and to make it worse its getting colder:( im just so scared

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Oct 3 2010, 11:58 AM
Post #66

Forum Moderator

Hi, Jeff, I do so know the fear that is in your heart for your precious kitty. Please know that survival is a very basic instinct in our beloved companions, so even though the weather is turning colder and it's rainy, etc., your precious kitty's first thought is to find a nice dry and warm place to be, okay? And it sounds like your kitty knows how to hunt for food, so he's not going hungry, either. So, he's taking care of his basic survival needs - - which may be one of the reasons why he's taking his sweet time in coming home - - he's exploring the big world right now. The hardest part for us, and for you now, is not knowing where he is so that you can bring him back home to be with you. And I do so know how terribly this is weighing on your heart and mind.

Jeff, please know we are here for you - - always - - no matter how long it takes for you to be reunited with your precious kitty. And we will here for you to share that glorious news when it happens!!! Just keep believing that it will happen, Jeff.

You are in my thoughts and prayers, Jeff, and will look forward to knowing how you're doing.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------
In heaven's perfect garden there is no grief or pain, and all of God's creation join the angels' sweet refrain.

The most blessed way I have of knowing God's comforting love and grace is to look into the eyes and heart of God's creatures' sweet angelic face.

+Quote Post
jeff
post Oct 4 2010, 08:29 PM
Post #67

thanks moon beam sory i havent really been on latley just really busy with school stuff:/ well yesterday we drove over to these people that are right behind our property and their cat lovers and they said that they ahve seen our cat over their about a week ago so we set a trap up around were their. keep your fingers crossed please:) im doing ok just streesed out about alot of stuff. well thanks again for all of your support:)

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Oct 6 2010, 04:38 PM
Post #68

Forum Moderator

Hi, Jeff, just checking in to see how things are going. I know it's only been a couple of days since you set the trap on your neighbor's property, but the good news is that they have seen your kitty friend, so you know he's probably doing okay.

I hope you are finding school okay so far this year. Are there any subjects that you really like?

Jeff, please know you are in my thoughts and prayers that you and your precious kitty will be reunited very soon, and I will look forward to knowing how things are going with you.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------

+Quote Post
jeff
post Oct 8 2010, 10:17 AM
Post #69

well not much is going on, wecaught a racoon the other day then released it. and we got another trap to use. so weve been setting them up and waiting:/ theirs not much more i think i can do. i feel like i just have to wait. thanks again all of you for your support. it has helped me out alot:) ill let you guys know if their are any developments ok:)

+Quote Post
AngelCareOne
post Oct 8 2010, 04:15 PM
Post #70

Member No.: 4,797

Hi there Jeff,

Sorry I've been gone so long. Listen, your cat's behavior may have taken on that of an outdoor cat. Please listen closely to this video. Play it several times and let your brothers, Mom and Dad hear it. It talks about "cat trails" and how to follow them. Please turn up your volume and click here: Find Your Lost Cat - Lost Outside Cats

I've found several other wonderful Websites which could help you, too. I'll post those for you as well. Jeff, ya still looking really hard and everywhere possible like I told you? Up inside cars, trucks, vans, tractors and any other kind of vehicles? What about trains? Are there any trains that pass by your place within a 400 (four hundred acre) area in any given direction from where you live? Your kitty may have taken up with some other cat friends and not be back for several weeks or more.

Have you notified your Veterinarian? If you don't have a Veterinarian, then notify all of them within many miles of where you live. A picture of your cat being placed in those Vets' offices would be great. I lost a cat when I lived in an area much like the one you describe. It was many, many years ago. Well meaning people, trying to be helpful, will catch such pretty cats and take them to their own Veterinarians in hopes that someone will call and bring their lost kitty home.

Mostly, I hope and pray that you've taken advantage of all the National Lost Pet Registries that I've given you links to fill out. And, of course, keep setting those humane traps. Set them far and wide. I posted instructions on how to easily construct your own from materials you may likely have around your shed, barn or garage.

Don't give up hope, Jeff. You're kitty will come home sooner or later. It just may be later than sooner unless you get out there and search, call Vets, fill out online forms, and do all you possibly can.

Such a dear, sweet kitty!

Please know you and your kitty are in my thoughts and prayers.

Many Comforting Hugs!

Always, Dottie xoxoxox

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Oct 9 2010, 11:35 AM
Post #71

Forum Moderator

Hi, Jeff, a thought that came to mind - - do you have a local radio station? Do they do public announcements, hopefully for free? If so, you might try contacting the manager to see if they will do a public service announcement about your kitty. Also, sometimes the local TV channels have public service announcements they run for free, and maybe you could post a "lost" announcement there. I think the TV stations will allow a photo, too. And you might check with your local cable TV service as well. You just never know what combination of "things" will lead to being re-united with your precious kitty. Of course Dottie may have already given you these suggestions. But just in case - - I thought I would share these ideas with you.

I know it's so very easy to get discouraged, Jeff, when time goes by and your beloved companion is still "out there." But please try to find some peace that you are doing everything in your power to bring him home safe and sound, and to let him know that when he comes upon your scent in his travels that you are looking for him and want him back hom. Keep calling him to you. When he hears your voice he knows you are still looking for him, that you still want him home with you. There is nothing sweeter to our furkids' ears than the sound of our voice calling them with all the love that is in our hearts for them.

Please know you and your kitty are in my thoughts and prayers, Jeff, and please do continue to let us know how things are going.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------

+Quote Post
AngelCareOne
post Oct 9 2010, 03:05 PM
Post #72

Member No.: 4,797

QUOTE (moon_beam @ Oct 9 2010, 11:35 AM) *
Hi, Jeff, a thought that came to mind - - do you have a local radio station? Do they do public announcements, hopefully for free? If so, you might try contacting the manager to see if they will do a public service announcement about your kitty. Also, sometimes the local TV channels have public service announcements they run for free, and maybe you could post a "lost" announcement there. I think the TV stations will allow a photo, too. And you might check with your local cable TV service as well. You just never know what combination of "things" will lead to being re-united with your precious kitty. Of course Dottie may have already given you these suggestions. But just in case - - I thought I would share these ideas with you.

I know it's so very easy to get discouraged, Jeff, when time goes by and your beloved companion is still "out there." But please try to find some peace that you are doing everything in your power to bring him home safe and sound, and to let him know that when he comes upon your scent in his travels that you are looking for him and want him back home. Keep calling him to you. When he hears your voice he knows you are still looking for him, that you still want him home with you. There is nothing sweeter to our furkids' ears than the sound of our voice calling them with all the love that is in our hearts for them.

Please know you and your kitty are in my thoughts and prayers, Jeff, and please do continue to let us know how things are going.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

Oh, Moon Beam. those are most excellent ideas. And it's just the kind of thing that radio stations and local TV stations love to do! We have those kinds of "special people helping" parts of our local TV news stations. One is called "8 On Your Side" ... It's on channel eight. They look for people just like you, Jeff. All three of our local TV stations have this part of their news program, but I don't recall the names of the other two right off hand ... And ... Jeff ...

If I were to tell you how much notice those parts of the news get ... The results ... The follow up stories to show it worked because the finders did indeed see the story broadcast on "8 On Your Side" and the other two, otherwise they'd never have known. Jeff, the success rate is very, very high. Up to 97%! Yes, as low as 89% ... But that's still a very high success rate indeed!

{{{{{Moon Beam}}}} Dang, you are smart. Why the heck didn't I think of that? Doh on me. I'm not familiar with the radio stations. Sorry. But, Jeff, please do give your local TV news stations a call to see if they have a portion of their broadcast devoted to causes such as yours. Better yet, please get your Mom to phone them since they take more note from an adult. But! And, yes this is sneaky, have your Mom put you on the phone too just so they can hear your voice. If your news stations do have similar programs like "8 On Your Side," I guarantee you these are the stories they're looking for, hundreds (if not thousands) of people view them, their hearts are warmed, they form search parties you don't even know about until ...

Sweet Jeff, don't give up hope. I fear that you are. Please have your Mom make those calls. Miracles happen and Angels Breathe!

Many Comforting Hugs!!!

Always, Dottie xoxoxox

+Quote Post
jeff
post Oct 11 2010, 11:16 AM
Post #73

dont worry i havnt given up hope. rigth now i kinda feel content:/ i know he is ok and will come back home, im really trying to put faith in god and angels. im still setting traps, and we keep hereing stuff walking around our back pourcha t nigth so we set a trap up their just in case. we also have one back in our woods were the neighbors ahd spotted him. we looked into the tv thing and they dont do it. we also dont have a local rdio station:/ but im positve we will get him back its just going to be a while cause hes ahving fun with another cat probly:) ive been looking not as much as i did the first few days he went missing but were keeping our eyes out and so are our neighbors and the bus driver that goes down our roads(shes a cat lover so thats good) but i let you guys know if anything happens ok. thank you all again:) bless you all

+Quote Post
jeff
post Oct 25 2010, 04:05 PM
Post #74

still nothing new has happend except the otehr day my mom thinks she saw our cat outside but it ran away to quick. we are still trying and hopeing for the best:) thank you all for everything:)

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Oct 27 2010, 02:36 PM
Post #75

Forum Moderator

Hi, Jeff, thank you so o o much for the update. Well, at least you know your kitty is still doing okay. Getting glimpses of your kitty helps to know that he's still close by. I hope this does give you some reassurance, Jeff. I hope and pray that one day soon you will be able to hold your kitty again. Please know you and your kitty continue to be in my thoughts and prayers, Jeff.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cheryl83
post Oct 28 2010, 07:43 AM
Post #76

Member No.: 6,508

Don't give up. Hope you find him smile.gif

--------------------
It broke our hearts to lose you, but you didn't go alone,
For parts of us went with you ... the day God called you home

My beautiful Angel, Daisy - I will love and miss you forever xx

+Quote Post
jeff
post Nov 6 2010, 11:41 AM
Post #77

well still nothing yet but i do need help with one big thing happening rigth now. the holidays are coming up and i feel really sad that he wont be around for thanksgiving and christmas(even tho im praying and hoping he will) alos its starting to snow out and its hard not to think that hes cold and wet out their! what can i do to make myself feel alittle better?! im just so messed up i have no idea! please hep, and thank you all for helping me so far

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Nov 6 2010, 03:47 PM
Post #78

Forum Moderator

Hi, Jeff, I'm so sorry your precious kitty hasn't come home yet. Are you and your neighbors still seeing him around? One thing for sure about your kitty - - he will go where it's warm and dry, so try not to worry about him being in the rain and snow and cold. Have you tried just putting some of his food outside on the porch like in a pet carrier or dry box of some sort to attract him to come back home? I know you've tried the traps, and I presume you're still calling him and letting him know that he is still wanted back home with you. I know this is so discouraging and upsetting for you. It's just a matter of time, Jeff - - whenever your kitty decides he's had enough of the "wild and free" living. Unfortunately this is something you have no control over.

Jeff, I am sending extra extra thoughts and prayers to you and your precious kitty that he will come back home to you in time for the holidays. Just keep calling him, talking to him when you walk through your property and neighbors as you're looking for him, and be sure to carry something tasty with you so that when you see him you can try to attract him to come close to you for the treat, and then hopefully, you can pick him up and carry him back home.

Please keep us posted as to how things are going, Jeff. You are in my thoughts and prayers every day.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------

+Quote Post
jeff
post Nov 21 2010, 12:38 PM
Post #79

HES HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!OUR KITTY IS HOME AFTER 2 MONTHS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D IM SO HAPPY, he's skin and bones but other than that hes fine! meowing and purring like crazy!!!!!!!!!! its the greatest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thank you all for your help, we are so gratfull thank you all again:D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Nov 21 2010, 01:27 PM
Post #80

Forum Moderator

Hi, Jeff, just to ditto my response to you in your "He's Home" post. I am so o o o happy for you, dear one. What a wonderful Thanksgiving this is going to be for you and your family. Hopefully your kitty has had enough exploration of the "big wide wild world" and will be content to stay in the comfort of his home and family from now on. So glad I could try to offer you some comfort and encouragement during your time of distress. Now it's time to C E L E B R A T E - - BIG TIME!!

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:08 AM