3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mr. Jingles, Barn Kitty from the Rez
Flossie's Mom
post Nov 1 2008, 03:33 PM
Post #1

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 5,211

My husband's nephew & wife live in ND on reservation land. They feed the deer & wild turkeys & had a lot of "outside" cats. I love cats (as well as dogs!) so would always admire all the new little kitties when we visited.

This spring, just before we left for our annual trip, she told me she had a siamese kitty............ IMPOSSIBLE as all the cats are "cow" cats. Black & white or black. Last year I fell in love with a mostly white kitty with a few black spots. So she had caught him, brought him inside & was "saving" him for me. However he was a very active kitty, noisey, & one of her inside cats hated him. So back to his wild Mom he went! Well, when it was time to bring them up to the house again to begin weaning them, she caught him again & as we drove in the yard.... here she came with one of the most beautiful kittens I'd ever seen!!! How was I going to tell her I didn't want him? I had my old dog who was in poor health & took all of my time & effort as well as a new dog that had adopted us just a few days earlier.

So we took him to our travel trailer & he thought he was in a palace as he'd been in a bathroom or tied to a long leash when outside for 2-3 weeks. She had named him & somehow it stuck. My husband nicknamed him Hans Schnable after a "dirty" wrestler that his Mother had hated on TV back in the 50's-60's sometime. He could hold his own with this about 1 yr old 10 lb stray dog let me tell you.

He was about 3-1/2lb in June & is now 9lb. Not an ounce of fat on him so we think he'll be a good sized boy when he grows up. He & the dog are best buddies and it has all worked out for us.

My Flossie accepted him (probably because she was old, frail & couldn't do anything about his presence anyhow) and he is a great comfort to me especially since I lost her 2 days ago.

He walks on a leash, accepts most anything you do with him. Rides in the car without any complaints. In fact today we took him for a ride without being in a cage. He got on the dash to observe things & finally settled in the back of the van on a pillow looking at the countryside and cars whizzing by.

Couldn't upload a picture as they are too big & I don't know how to downsize them. Trust me he is HANDSOME!!!!! Looks like many full blooded applehead siamese do.

Ginger AKA Flossies Mom
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ann
post Nov 2 2008, 12:39 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 4,838

What a great story. I'm happy to hear he has a happy and loving home. I wish a long healthy life for your new furbaby. Try to resize the photo to 640x480. LS sent me a photo web site once to do this with. I used my own but you can try it's splashup.com..Good luck. We'd love to see Mr. Handsome!..Ann

+Quote Post
Flossie's Mom
post Nov 2 2008, 10:19 AM
Post #3

Attached Image
Attached image(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
Jon730
post Nov 2 2008, 11:28 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 4,585

He is gorgeous! Look at the long legs! It looks like he is on his way to being a big boy!
Siamese, even outcrosses, are remarkably smart and complicated friends.
He will surely keep you laughing and confounded!

Our first cat LONG ago was one such, and we could bore the BB with endless stories about her, still.

--------------------
Miles, my friend and Cat-Wife. 3-11-2008
The Sweetest Cat in my Universe.

+Quote Post
Flossie's Mom
post Nov 2 2008, 01:33 PM
Post #5

Thanks Jon.....

I was sure I wasn't prejudiced!!!!!! I saw you've had siamese also & knew you'd agree. When I say he's beautiful my hubby says HANDSOME, he's a boy!!! He also says that dogs have a master.... cats have a STAFF!

I've actually had a couple other siamese mixes.... Percy, who's Mom came to us in November skinny as a rail when we lived in upper Michigan where it snowed about 200" per year! Solid grey cat who ended up gracing us with 2 tiny siamese kitties shortly thereafter under the Christmas Tree and would not allow us to move them anywhere else. Then I had a shelter siamese Starvin Marvin. Neither were with me long & I always wanted another one. Who would have guessed from a "cow" cat would come such a beauty?

I've had black, yellow, siamese, calico, torti & white/yellow cats. Our daughter had 2 grey tabbys. She just lost her female tabby October 27th & we lost our poodle Flossie on October 30th. Sad week for us but our other fur babies are trying to make us smile.

We understand completely about a special connection you have with one in particular even though we've had many, many cats & dogs over the years. Flossie was that one dog for me and Lady was that one cat (so far) for our daughter. I had 2 cats before that were special.... Doofus, a black kitty the neighbors called Rambo because of his antics outside. Mr. Jingles has somewhat the same personality. Then there was Baby, a white/yellow "not right" cat. Tramatized when tiny by something that killed her 3 siblings while she hid under lumber/tin pile. Had no idea we had cats living out in the woods till we saw the poor little kittens strung around our driveway in the dark one evening when we came home. Her Mother (the Calico) called to her from woods edge to comfort her while we lifted the scrap up for her to escape to the side of Mommy waiting patiently nearby. Took some doing to get her inside. Finally because Callie came in all the time she would come in for a short while. She never allowed us to pick her up or get her where she could be cornered. Had to prop the door open as she wouldn't walk by you close. Kept her for 12 years and she eventually became an indoor only cat. She was a beautiful cat & a shame that she could never be socialized. Loved her lots & grieved over her more than even my special "Doofus, Rambo aka Dammit".

Right now he's on a 160 acres (though he only roams right around the house, shop & to the edge of the pasture) but soon he'll make the trip with us to the big city of Raleigh, NC (over 2,000 miles) and be indoor only till we get back here next April. So far he is very adjustable to whatever and just goes with the flow. Cage? OK if I must.... car ride? lots to look at so OK by me...... Can't go out because it's dark? Not so much.......... but will eventually settle for a while.

Jingles in addition to being so handsome is athletic also, as these pictures will show. I have TONS of pictures of him.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image

+Quote Post
Ken Albin
post Nov 2 2008, 08:16 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 854

What an absolutely gorgeous kitty!!! You can tell from the photos that he has a lot of personality as well.

Ken Albin

--------------------

Daddy Cat left this world at the age of 17. His tribute page is at Daddy Cat's Tribute Page

+Quote Post
Flossie's Mom
post Nov 2 2008, 10:13 PM
Post #7

Thanks Ken... I think he's kind of pretty myself. But then Mom's & Dad's always think that of their children don't they? Funny how you could see his personality. He really does have one heck of a personality. Even my husband who is not the cat lover in the family thinks he's a neat cat.

I had read your Daddy Cat tribute page earlier today. I've been doing a lot of reading here for 3 days now. Very helpful to see all the tributes & realize I'm not alone in the feeling & attachment I have with my pets.

Thanks for the compliment. Wasn't sure if he was about to give a sucker punch in that one picture or practicing bow hunting for pheasant season here in ND!

Ginger

+Quote Post
ann
post Nov 4 2008, 01:34 AM
Post #8

Member No.: 4,838

He's absolutely gorgeous! Those beautiful blue eyes. So sweet and yet a killer. Does he pratice judo alot? That poor mouse. Glad you got the photos to go thru. Thanks for sharing..Ann

+Quote Post
Flossie's Mom
post Nov 4 2008, 11:19 AM
Post #9

Ann,

Glad yo think he is handsome. He does practice judo a lot as well as running, wrestling with our other new family member. He has such personality. Sometimes loving & sweet while other times very aloof. A cat thing I think!!!!

Another picture of those beautiful eyes!!!!!!!
Attached image(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
LoveThem
post Nov 5 2008, 02:13 PM
Post #10

Member No.: 3,876

What a beautiful baby! I especially love your very first picture with those gorgeous blue eyes
looking right into the camera.

A wonderful addition to your family. Such a sweetheart. All the pictures make me smile.

Judy

--------------------
LITTLE GUY - May 28, 1991 - Sept 10, 2007 - Always in my Heart.
His story: Section D&D: How do I stop crying? and also... My Boy is Gone Forever.

+Quote Post
Flossie's Mom
post Nov 8 2008, 05:30 PM
Post #11

Mr. Jingles is ready to head for North Carolina............ he is not fond of this "white stuff" we just got dumped on us here in North Dakota. Had to pull our van to the road from our long driveway with the tractor this morning so we will be able to get out when they call that Flossies ashes are back.

This snow would have been impossible for her to get around in or even stand long enough to pee in. I still miss her more than words can tell.
9 days this afternoon.

The pictures are:

First look at snow in the dorway

What the He** is this stuff

I's EVERYWHERE!!!

Let me back inside..........

Lets look at that weather report again..........

He really did come right back in & get up on the chair back & paw at the TV as if to say I want to see the weather channel again.....
Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image

+Quote Post
Flossie's Mom
post Nov 8 2008, 05:38 PM
Post #12

Tried to bundle him up for a treck outside today..........

As you will see... he preferred sans fleece vest!!!!!!!!!
Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image

+Quote Post
Flossie's Mom
post Nov 8 2008, 05:42 PM
Post #13

The results of his dislike of the warm jacket I provided...........
Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image

+Quote Post
LoveThem
post Nov 8 2008, 08:17 PM
Post #14

Member No.: 3,876

Wow...I have never seen a cat in snow before. Do they really like it?

Beautiful pictures...all of them!

Judy

--------------------
LITTLE GUY - May 28, 1991 - Sept 10, 2007 - Always in my Heart.
His story: Section D&D: How do I stop crying? and also... My Boy is Gone Forever.

+Quote Post
Timba's Mom
post Nov 9 2008, 08:19 AM
Post #15

Member No.: 5,228

What an absolute beauty he is! You must be a very proud mommie. I am sorry for your loss but it warms my heart that you have Mr. Jingles.

I guess the jacket is out because it wasn't his idea, lol. Thanks for sharing all of your wonderful photos.

Allanna

+Quote Post
Jon730
post Nov 9 2008, 11:44 AM
Post #16

Member No.: 4,585

The thing that impresses me about him is that he has the beauty of the Siamese, but the sturdy robust musculature of the Domestic.
If he were human I'd have him tested for steroids. He looks TOO GOOD, if you know what I mean.... laugh.gif

--------------------
Miles, my friend and Cat-Wife. 3-11-2008
The Sweetest Cat in my Universe.

+Quote Post
Flossie's Mom
post Nov 9 2008, 02:24 PM
Post #17

Jon,

What? My Jingles using steriods? huh.gif

But then again Marion Jones did live in Raleigh............... I even delivered flowers to her home once............... unsure.gif

+Quote Post
oldanteeks
post Nov 11 2008, 09:14 PM
Post #18

Member No.: 5,162

He is beautiful...I love Siamese cats. They definitely have a special way about them. I had one for about 18 months before she died at the age of twenty, her owner had died that was why I took her. She promptly took over the house and had her way with everything. What a personality these Siamese have. I know you will have lots of fun.

Barbara

+Quote Post
nickels
post Nov 12 2008, 09:25 PM
Post #19

Member No.: 2,024

First of all Ginger, let me apologize for calling you by the wrong name. I must have caught the end of Judy's note! OOPS!

Mr. Jingles is precious! We adopted Jasper a few months ago that is a siamese mix. Mister Jingels has more of the siamese look in his face but their bodies are very similar. LOVE THE SNOW SUIT PHOTO!! I'm looking forward to showing Jasper the first snow of the season.

My last buddy, Nickels was a siamese mix also. They are a VERY special kitty. They are also very very loving with an independent streak. Mr. Jingles is absolutely beautiful. Again, you are wonderful people. I just get all mushy for a good rescue story!

Michelle

--------------------
Nickels a.k.a Pickels
7-6-94 to 8-28-06
I have loved you forever!

Nickels story
http://lightning-strike.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=4242

+Quote Post
Flossie's Mom
post Nov 22 2008, 06:32 AM
Post #20

Thanks for visiting Mr. Jingles' thread Michelle & Barbara. Both of you seem to know how these Siamese can take over your life.

I had a black cat once that had a personality similar to what Jingles is like. Both my husband and daughter have commented that he is like Doofus was.

We have returned to our home in NC and Jingles had to meet his extended family of a 4 year old dog named Savannah..... left behind in an apartment so our daughter took her in as a small puppy and a 13 year old Maine Coon named Fat Boy who just lost his lifelong companion named Lady.

Fat Boy is extremely shy and easily intimidated. He & Lady were together since both were babies & he misses her a lot. He seems to be coming out of his shell somewhat with Jingles being here now. Savannah chases Fat Boy because he will run from her..... Not so for Jingles. He is very comfortable in his own skin!!!!

What fun we are having with 2 dogs & 2 cats who are just getting aquainted. The dogs have had a few scuffles as both are alpha females. We think golden lab mix for Savannah who is about 25# & chi/min pin mix for WeeBee who is about 14#. She seems to be the instigator in the fighting. She wants to be in charge of the playing & they get too riled up in the house & get into a scuffle. Outside they do fine. Sooooooo playing is not allowed inside.

When I get pictures of Jingles & Fat Boy together I will post them. Both are such beautiful boys.

Though I miss my beautiful Flossie, these 4 are keeping me occupied so I don't feel the hole in my heart like I would without them being here. I swore I did not want any more pets as I was so attached to Flossie and she had consumed my life with her care for several years. I felt I wanted a break from all that as well as not the attachment that comes along with it and pain at the end.

But God had another plan..... WeeBee showed up as a stray and attached herself to my husband & a niece gave Jingles to me. Something about him just melted my heart and he fit himself in. Flossie got to spend the last 4 months around them.... sometimes not so happy about their antics.... so she knows I'm not alone.

Jingles has decided it's time for me to get off here or else he's going to help do some posting..... time for his morning cuddle session with me............. Kinda like this picture... GIVE ME THAT CAMERA.... enough with the pictures!!!!!!!!!!

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:59 AM