Forum Rules Site Rules and Courtesies
> Milo The Bengal Cat Is Missing!, Missing pet
RiMom51
post Oct 13 2009, 06:48 PM
Post #1

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 6,177

Hi everyone,
I have lost my beloved 3 year old bengal cat named Milo. He is a rambunctious, adventuresome 3 year old boy. He has homes in Massachusetts and New Hampshire. He has survived bear encounters, hawk sightings and various other misadventures so I cannot believe that he is really gone. Keep hoping to hear his very loud cry and see him at the door but it's been 10 days now and there is no sign of him. I have asked the angels to bring him home so many times before that I feel like we've run out out favors.

It was pouring rain and as usual Milo wanted to go out at 6:00 a.m. I opened the door for him and our dog and they both went out. Feeling and seeing the wind and rain I assumed neither would be out for very long. The dog returned shortly but no Milo. Kept waiting for his cry to be let in but there was none.
He has wandered off before so didn't worry too much until he hadn't returned by supper time and then still no return that night. The next day searched all over and put up missing posters. Keep thinking that someone took him in from the rain......

Just need some support. I lost an older cat last year but this just seems so much harder to bear. We will be going to our home in New Hampshire which Milo loved so very much so it will be extremely difficult for me to have my other cat Maisie there without him. On one hand I want to keep hoping I'll see him again but also feel like I should accept the fact that he's gone for good. Any help and/or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.[size="2"][/size]
Attached File(s)
Attached File  miss_milo.rtf ( 283bytes ) Number of downloads: 84

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Flossie's Mom
post Oct 14 2009, 08:25 AM
Post #2

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 5,211

I am so sorry to read about Milo being missing. He sounds so much like Mr. Jingles..... adventuresome, having two homes, wanting out early every morning.

I too worry about Jingles out with owls, hawks, coyotes, porkupines, weasels, badgers & eagles. I try very hard to tell myself that should I lose him to one of these predators I will have to accept that he was doing what he absolutely loved to be doing..... out hunting also. When in town I do not allow him out because I don't want a dog or car to get him so it makes no sense really that I let him out on the farm except he is so cautious as he makes his rounds to all the places that mice live and runs like the wind when out in the open. Sometimes I have a mouse on the doorstep within 5-10 minutes of letting him out. I think the not knowing what happened would be the worst part should he not return.

I've heard of people having better luck finding a cat after dark but not sure if that would be true in Milo's case. Depends on the surroundings he is in I guess. With Jingles, he has gotten to just flat not coming when I call him at dusk anymore if he decides he wants to stay out. He has a shelterbelt of 18 rows of trees so it is impossible to walk through & find him. The rain, wind & cold usually bring him back pretty quickly these days & he's not had the desire to stay out at night.

Have you checked the local animal shelters in your area? I've found that calling and staying in the area I call from for a while before moving on to the next area is better than walking along calling. They get confused if you are calling but moving all the while. Cats especially are being slow and cautious and if they are hiding they may take a while to get to you.

I am saying extra prayers that he does get back before you leave for NH.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:59 AM