Forum Rules Site Rules and Courtesies

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> A Very Sad Day
Mistletoe
post Mar 12 2012, 04:14 PM
Post #1

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 3,246

I am not sure how much more of this I am going to be able to take. I feel as though God has really abandoned me. Today I had to put a cat to sleep. This is the 3rd one we have lost in the past 3 months.

The bad luck and heartbreak just seems to be piled on me during this time. Back in November I had an accident while I was visiting my husband in Pennsylvania. I feel down a flight of stairs in the beginning of November. I had some serious injuries--but managed to come out on top after this accident. I was in the hospital for 3 weeks and away from Florida and my 7 cats for 3 months. The people that were gonna take care of the cats for only 9 days ended up taking care of them for 3 months. They did the best that they could and I was glad to have them.

However--during the 3 months we lost 3 cats--one in December who couldn't be found. We never did know what happened to Patches. The looked all over the house for her but could not find her. We think she must have gotten out the door accidently. She wasa 18 years old--

We came home at the end of January and after being home for 2 days, I didn't see Amanda--17 years old--found her dead, hiding in a little space in the frame of our waterbed bed frame. It was easy to get in and out so it wasn't that. Don't know what happened to her.

Today has been my biggest heartbrake of all of them. Had to put our 7 year-old recue cat down--he had lymphatic cancer. His name--Mopi---he showed signs of not being right on Saturday and I took him to the vets today. His blood levels were all out of wack and he was in pain. There was nothing that could be done--So he was put to sleep about an hour ago--He was such a good cat with such a terrific personality--He is so going to be missed--I was with him and he went peacefully--but my heart is so in pieces----I just can't understand all this sadness and despair.

I just wanted to vent--this place saved my sanity when I found it yearsa ago--and I am hoping it will do the same again--I am just so heartbroken and angry---
I am having a problem finding a picture of him and will post as soon as I do--

Mary

--------------------
Not the least hard thing to bear when they go from us, these quiet friends, is that they carry away with them so many years of our own lives..." John Galworthy
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mistletoe
post Mar 12 2012, 04:54 PM
Post #2

can anyone tell me how to post his picture? Whatever I am doing--it's not working--

--------------------
Not the least hard thing to bear when they go from us, these quiet friends, is that they carry away with them so many years of our own lives..." John Galworthy

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Mar 12 2012, 04:56 PM
Post #3

Forum Moderator

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 4,861

Hi, Mary, please permit me to offer you my sincerest sympathies in the physical losses of your beloved Patches, Amanda, and Mopi. Losing our companions is never easy regardless of the circumstances or how long we are blessed with the privilege of their company. Enduring multiple losses in a short period of time is extremely traumatic and intensifies our grief.

Mary, I do so understand how heartbroken you are feeling. It doesn't matter if our loss is our first one or our thousandth - - each grief journey is unique because each of our relationships with our companions is unique. This grief journey can only be traveled one day at a time, sometimes one moment at a time. One of the many things for you to remember is that you are not alone in your journey, Mary. Each of us are here for you for as long and as often as you need us.

I know there are no adequate words in any language that can soothe the seering pain of loss that is in your heart. I can only hope that the words I do share with you will somehow offer you some comfort, encouragement, support, and hope in this time of deep sorrow for you. Thank you so very much for sharing your beloved Patches, Amanda, and Mopi with us, Mary, and I look forward to sharing your picture(s) whenever you are up to posting them. Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers, Mary, and that I look forward to knowing how you're doing.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------
In heaven's perfect garden there is no grief or pain, and all of God's creation join the angels' sweet refrain.

The most blessed way I have of knowing God's comforting love and grace is to look into the eyes and heart of God's creatures' sweet angelic face.

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Mar 12 2012, 04:58 PM
Post #4

Forum Moderator

Mary, I'm not a "tech genius". You may want to review the instructions in the L S Administration topic. If you continue to have problems, you can e-mail Marc and I know he will be very happy to help you. I hope this helps you.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------
In heaven's perfect garden there is no grief or pain, and all of God's creation join the angels' sweet refrain.

The most blessed way I have of knowing God's comforting love and grace is to look into the eyes and heart of God's creatures' sweet angelic face.

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Mar 12 2012, 05:20 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 7,464

QUOTE (Mistletoe @ Mar 12 2012, 05:14 PM) *
I am not sure how much more of this I am going to be able to take. I feel as though God has really abandoned me. Today I had to put a cat to sleep. This is the 3rd one we have lost in the past 3 months.

Today has been my biggest heartbrake of all of them. Had to put our 7 year-old recue cat down--he had lymphatic cancer. His name--Mopi---he showed signs of not being right on Saturday and I took him to the vets today. His blood levels were all out of wack and he was in pain. There was nothing that could be done--So he was put to sleep about an hour ago--He was such a good cat with such a terrific personality--He is so going to be missed--I was with him and he went peacefully--but my heart is so in pieces----I just can't understand all this sadness and despair.

I just wanted to vent--this place saved my sanity when I found it yearsa ago--and I am hoping it will do the same again--I am just so heartbroken and angry---
I am having a problem finding a picture of him and will post as soon as I do--

Mary

Mary, please accept my sincere sympathies on the loss of your three precious cats. I am very sorry that you have had so many losses in such a short period of time. Please let me assure you that God has not abandoned you. His Word promises that He is close to the brokenhearted and that nothing shall separate us from His Love. I know it may not feel this way, but God is still there. He is close, now more than ever. I lost my cat Danny a few days after Christmas, and then Tina, my surviving cat, got really sick and she may be gone soon. I know how when so much hits us at once we can get so angry and want to find someone to blame, and God seems to be the easiest target. But let me assure you that God is with you in all this. Unfortunately our sweet furry companions' bodies wear out as they age and they can get various diseases. It is the way of life on this earth and death eventually comes to all of us, sometimes much sooner than we like. And there is really nothing that can prepare us for the losses of our precious feline companions. I wish I could give you the answers that you are looking for, but I can't. Please don't give up. Hold on to your precious surviving cats as they are grieving too and need your love and support.

Mary, I wish I could find the right words to make it all better for you. I am so sorry that you are hurting so much. Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. We are all here for you in this wonderful forum to help you through this difficult time.

Hugs,
DannysMom

--------------------
Danny: March 4, 2001 - December 28, 2011
Tina: October 27, 1997 - April 28, 2012

To live in hearts we leave behind is not to die.

+Quote Post
Mistletoe
post Mar 13 2012, 05:55 AM
Post #6

Thank you all----it has helped alot--I am somewhat okay---But there is still an hurt and I miss him so much-----It was a little difficult last nite but I did get through it--Again thank you for your kind thoughts and words.

I was able to post his picture on the Facebook page for this site---
Mary

--------------------

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Mar 13 2012, 02:33 PM
Post #7

Forum Moderator

Hi, Mary, thank you so much for sharing with us how you're doing. The nights can be very challenging to get through for sure. During the day we are distracted with chores and jobs and errands and things that need to be tended to. It is when the evening comes after all the busyness of the day is at an end that we find ourselves the most vulnerable. I promise you, Mary, it will not always be this way. Eventually in your own time the evenings will not be quite so difficult to endure, and you will not need the busyness of the days to keep your mind occupied. Eventually when you least expect it you will find yourself thinking of your beloved Patches, Amanda, and Mopi, and you will find yourself smiling -- truly smiling, and you will feel your beloved's Patches, Amanda's, and Mopi's sweet Living Spirits filling your heart with their eternal love.

Mary, I hope today is treating you kindly, and that you will have a peaceful evening. Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers, and look forward to knowing how you're doing.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bobbie
post Mar 13 2012, 10:04 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 7,068

Dear Mary,

I am so very sorry for your incredibly sad losses. I am dealing with several losses myself, although right now they are human, not animal. I did lose my best friend, Trevor, the bravest little dog that ever lived, last July and still have not resolved much of anything, despite now having 2 rescue doggies.
So I do not have the strength to put my consolations for you into words right now. But please know that you and Mopi and your other precious Heavenly cats are in my thoughts and prayers daily.

I will let Trevor know about these wonderful kitties - although he already knows them in Heaven.

Please accept my deepest sympathy.

Blessings...........................
Bobbie

+Quote Post
Mistletoe
post Mar 14 2012, 04:12 PM
Post #9

Thank you for your kind words and I understand.

Mary

--------------------

+Quote Post
xxForeverxx
post Mar 16 2012, 06:23 PM
Post #10

Member No.: 7,430

I am very sorry for your loss. You have come to the best place for love and support.

Regards

xxForeverxx

+Quote Post
Mistletoe
post Mar 18 2012, 04:53 PM
Post #11

Attached Image
Tomorrow will be a week that Mopi has been gone. My tears haved diminished--I think I cried for Patches and Amanda as well--there was so many other things going on in my life--I just kinda took it. When Mopi was put to sleep--I think it all came pouring out.

I am somewhat better--as I am not crying--but there is still this heavy feeling in my heart. When I come home from work is when I miss him the most and even at night--because he slept on the bed. I know he is having a great reunion with his brothers and sisters that went before him--but he is so missed--and I miss him a little more today--so I had to write this note.

Mommy and Daddy love you Mopi and are so sorry that you had to leave us so early!!!

PS I finally did it--that is my Mopi!!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Mar 19 2012, 03:38 PM
Post #12

Forum Moderator

Hi, Mistletoe, thank you so much for sharing with us how you're doing and the wonderful picture of your beloved Mopi. This grief adjustment journey is a long and winding road, a lot of ups and downs, twists and turns and turnarounds to endure before the path finally begins to even out and stabilize. Please know we are here for you through every step of your journey, Mistletoe.

I hope today is treating you kindly, and that you will have a peaceful evening blessed with your beloveds Mopi, Patches, and Amanda's sweet Living Spirits to comfort you. Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers, and look forward to knowing how you're doing.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------

+Quote Post
pipsqueak
post Mar 19 2012, 04:25 PM
Post #13

Member No.: 7,519

Hi Mistletoe, I'm sorry for your loss of Mopi. I understand your milestone, it is a week yesterday since I lost my Raven.

I too am no longer crying but I think I still look sad from time to time as the children often ask me if I'm ok, am I thinking about Rave? Some days I'm riddled with guilt which I rationally know is not necessary, and some days I just remember her fondly. The guilty days will lessen and the fond remembering days will take over. At the moment, both make me sad but I know from experience that time heals.

Raven's brother who is still with us is now very out of sorts, he's fussing with his food, doesn't want to go outside and is my little shadow. My children are putting all of their 'cat needs' upon him (kitty cuddles, kitty playing) and he's bearing up well but is a bit more short-tempered than normal. I think he needs space to adjust to his new role which incorporates Raven's role smile.gif

I know we will not forget them but we will recover. I like to think that she is chasing butterflies or mice where the sun is shining and we will meet again one day. I'm sure Mopi is doing something similar, whatever makes him happy.

In sympathy.

Pipsqueak

+Quote Post
Mistletoe
post Mar 19 2012, 07:41 PM
Post #14

to moonbeam and pipsqueak

Thank you for your thoughts and words--They are really appreciated as this is the site that really understands the bonds we share with our "Furbabies"----

Like I said--this site has been my salvation more than once!!! wub.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mistletoe
post Mar 28 2012, 04:32 PM
Post #15

I picked up Mopi's remains on Monday and he back home and hopefully his spirit is with his buddies at Rainbow Bridge. He is still missed and his Mommy still is sad when she thinks about him. The weekends are especially hard because I have more time to miss him---It's so busy at work that by the time I get home I am so tired and go to bed earlier than I used to.

I still do get angry at times because I think it was to early for him to go-------I miss you Mopi--andd will always love you!!!!!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Mar 28 2012, 05:51 PM
Post #16

Member No.: 7,464

Dear mistletoe, I am glad that you got Mopi's ashes. It must be very comforting for you to have his remains with you. I am very sorry that he died at such a young age. Have you thought about writing a journal about Mopi or putting together a scrap book? It can help writing about him and putting together memories of him.

Hugs,
DannysMom

--------------------
Danny: March 4, 2001 - December 28, 2011
Tina: October 27, 1997 - April 28, 2012

To live in hearts we leave behind is not to die.

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Mar 29 2012, 03:41 PM
Post #17

Forum Moderator

Hi, Mistletoe, thank you so much for sharing with us how you're doing. Getting our companion's ashes back is a two-sided coin - - on the one side it is a relief to get them back home where they belong, while the other side of the coin is that it is yet another confirmation to our "new reality" that they are no longer with us in the physical form that we so long for.

Danny's Mom has made an excellent suggestion about keeping a journal and / or doing a memorial scrapbook - - or finding other ways to honor your beloved Mopi's earthly journey with you. It is perfectly natural for you to feel angry about losing his physical presence with you at such a tender age - - it is, unfortunately, a part of this grief adjustment journey. I know first-hand your heartbreak for two of my furkids entered heaven's perfect garden at the tender age of 6 years old due to cancers. My heart still wants to shout IT ISN'T FAIR - - even though I know with every breath that I take they are now restored to their former youthfulness in the company of the angels - - no more cancer, no more pain.

The only way I can honor them now is to take each day as it comes and try to do the best with it that I possibly can with the reassurance that their sweet Living Spirits are continuing to share my earthly journey just as they always have and always will until it is my appropriate time to join them in eternal joy. This is what comforts me now, and I hope somehow in some way you will find a peace and comfort in your heart, too.

I hope today is being kind to you, Mistletoe, and that you will have a peaceful evening. Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I look forward to knowing how you're doing.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mistletoe
post Apr 25 2012, 07:30 PM
Post #18

It's been a little over a month that Mopi has been gone. His picture is my desktop picture on my 2 computers--His remains are on my desk at the house--So he is kinda with me all the time. I am doing better, but I have my moments when I look at him and I feel so bad and cry---I still miss him, especially at night-----I find it awful that he was taken away---

Again--thank you all for your support--it has meant a great deal!!!!

It is not just that animals make the world more scenic or picturesque. The lives of animals are woven into our very being - closer than our own breathing - and our soul will suffer when they are gone.
Gary Kowalski, Author of The Souls of Animals

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:01 AM