Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Site Rules and Courtesies
> Caroline Just Died From Seizures, caroline just died from seizures
heatherj
post Nov 6 2008, 06:48 PM
Post #1

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 5,225

My dog, Caroline died this past tuesday morning from having over 20 grand mal seizures in an hour then falling into an almost coma-like state that I thought she might come out of. She did not and died an hour later in mine and my boyfriend's arms.
Caroline was almost three years old and was diagnosed with idiopathic epilepsy a year and a half ago. She had been taking 4 phenobarbitol a day and I would give her a dose of valium if she had a cluster of seizures. She would always come around after a few hours or a day and be her happy, beautiful self. All of my vets told me that dogs don't die from seizures and that Caroline could easily live a long life with medication and love. I gave her more love than I have ever given anything and that was not enough.
I would like to talk with anyone who has had a dog die from epilepsy.
I need to connect with someone else to heal this pain.
I live in Portland, Oregon and bought Caroline from a blue heeler breeder in Eola Hills when she was 8 weeks old. Her birth date, with her litter is 12/17/05.
I want to find this breeder again and let them know about this tragedy.
If anyone has any information they can give me about where to locate these people, I would greatly appreciate it.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:04 PM