Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Remembering Chewy, My Mr Chew Chew.
Gretta's Mom
post Sep 27 2013, 07:50 AM
Post #21

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 7,067

Hello XXForeverXX,

Thank you for remembering my Gretta, It seems so long ago that we were together that it's almost a dream, and then I remember something particular and it seems like only yesterday. I know it is the same way with you and MR Chew Chew. Someday this heartache will be over and we will all be able to join each other in the eternal place of piece.

Thank you again, xxForeverxx

Gretta and Rufus's mom
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
xxForeverxx
post Nov 6 2013, 06:44 AM
Post #22

Member No.: 7,430

Hello Gretta's Mom and Dannymom

Thank you so much for your kind words. I am sure Gretta and Chewy have met up by now and are playing happily.

Dannysmom that made me smile reading what you thought it looked like Fudge was saying rolleyes.gif it does and Chewy looks as if to say im sleeping!!

I have been thinking about him a lot lately. I think now things are not so crazy at home you have more time to think. Still brings many tears to my eyes and smiles.

xxForeverxx

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Nov 9 2013, 12:22 PM
Post #23

Member No.: 7,464

Hello xxForeverxx, I shed some tears myself looking at Chewy's picture again. I can just imagine how much you must still miss him at times. He has such pretty markings and he looks so sweet! But even though he only had a short life he did have a very good life with you. When Keelan gets older you can tell him all about Chewy and what a wonderful cat he was. Did Chewy enjoy Christmas with you? Was there anything special that you did for him?

--------------------
Danny: March 4, 2001 - December 28, 2011
Tina: October 27, 1997 - April 28, 2012

To live in hearts we leave behind is not to die.

+Quote Post
xxForeverxx
post Dec 21 2013, 01:17 PM
Post #24

Hi DannysMom

Thank you for your reply and constant support.

Chewy did enjoy Christmas with us. Especially the couple he had in his first house as we had an open fire and he use to love laying by it curled up while we sat just relaxing watching tele. Awwww I miss his cuddles.

I use to buy him so many toys this time of year and give him loads of treats. And I would get him a Christmas collar too.

Keelan notices every time I turn the laptop on that Chewy's face as my wallpaper. I still cannot bring myself to change it.

This is a very hard time of year.

xxForeverxx

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Dec 26 2013, 12:02 PM
Post #25

xxForeverxx, I think it's good that you still have Chewy's picture on your laptop as the wallpaper. That is such a nice way of keeping his memory alive, and I'm sure it brings you comfort to see his sweet face when you turn on the computer. I can just imagine how much he must have enjoyed sitting by the fireplace, all curled up and happy and warm! smile.gif You gave him such a good life and a loving home. I bet he is telling my Danny all about Christmas with you and how much he enjoyed it.
It must have been so awful when you had just gone through Christmas and New Year's and then your beloved Chewy died. I will be thinking of you these coming days. Anniversaries are so hard to get through. Take good care of yourself.

Hugs,
DannysMom

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post Jan 1 2014, 10:33 AM
Post #26

Happy New Year, Mr Chew Chew and your mom.

I love you both and am glad you came into my life through this site.

Gretta and Rufus's mom

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Jan 1 2014, 12:28 PM
Post #27

Hello xxForeverxx, I was thinking of you and Chewy. His 2 year is coming up January 3. I just re-read your original post about Chewy, how he used to play fetch with toy mice. My Danny did that too! You had everything planned so well, picked out a house carefully, and then your poor Chewy was attacked by a dog. I know how hard it is to copy when tragedy strikes and it seems our whole world is falling apart. There is nothing more heartbreaking than having to say good-bye to a beloved fur baby. These sweet little souls just give us so much love and bring so much joy into our lives. I love Chewy's kitten picture and the one of him sitting in the rabbit hutch. What a handsome boy kitty! Please know I'm thinking of you today and on Friday.

Hugs,
DannysMom

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post Jan 20 2014, 07:18 AM
Post #28

Hello Forever

I just want you to know that even though I never saw sweet baby Chew-Chew in person, I know she was a cousin to my Gretta, the kindest chocolate lab who ever lived. Her nickname was "Baby Chew-chew" because she ate everything in sight.

The tears WILL stop someday - when we are reunited in the Perfect World. I think I see a picture of the two Chew-Chews curling up together in the Perfect World.

Have a blessed day and know that Chewy's spirit is right there with you - as always.

Gretta and Rufus's mom

+Quote Post
xxForeverxx
post Jan 27 2014, 06:03 AM
Post #29

Hi DannysMom and Gretta's Mom

Thank you for thinking of me. For some reason I am finding it extra hard the last few weeks then this time last year. I think it is because now my son is older and playing etc and we have family days I think about how Chewy was suppose to be a part of this life.

It is nice to come on here and have the support we all need through these hard times and both of your words do help every time I visit this forum.

xxForeverxx

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post Jan 27 2014, 07:12 AM
Post #30

Thank you so much for remembering Gretta and Rufus - and after playing with my two I'm going right over and have a romp with Mr Chew Chew. I get enjoyment out of knowing that there is at least one onther person who gives her dogs nicknames. Both Gretta and Rufus had many many names - each lasting about 4-5 months.

Stay safe, stay warm, and stay loved, by Mr Chew Chew, Rufus, Gretta, me and all your LS friends,

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Jan 29 2014, 07:42 PM
Post #31

Hello xxForeverxx, I can so understand how you miss Chewy especially now that Keelan is growing up and you think of what could have been if Chewy was still here. I think he would have gotten used to Keelan and become good friends with him. Your Chewy was such a sweet cat and easy to get along with. I think Keelan would have enjoyed his company and perhaps snuggling with him. But despite his short life Chewy had a full life and a good life. He was loved and had a wonderful home. You are so wise to keep your cats inside. I know that in England it is so common for people to let their cats roam.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post Feb 10 2014, 07:24 AM
Post #32

Good morning Chewy's mom

I'm just stopping by to say hello and to find out how you are doing. If this is an up day for you, I'm happy for you and Mr Chew-Chew. If this is a day with sadness creeping around the edges, I want you to know that you are not alone, even on this earth. Of course, Chewy and his friends are smiling down on you. In fact, i think there is a club forming up there in the Perfect World for all the animals who were named or nick-named Chewy. If there is, I know my Gretta (Baby Chew-Chew) is attending.

Have the best day possible.

Gretta and Rufus's mom

+Quote Post
xxForeverxx
post Mar 25 2014, 06:51 AM
Post #33

Hello.

Thank you both for your lovely comments. It is hard for me to come on a lot as I am currently working two jobs and doing voluntary work around looking after Keelan. It makes me smile knowing that I will come on to a couple of comments that will help lift my spirits and lets me know people are thinking of Chewy as well as me.

February was hard. I thought about Chewy a lot. I am not sure why that particular month but I did. The biggest problem I have is the fact that I drive to and from work twice a day as I do two shifts a day and the place I tend to think the most is in my car. So I have had a lot of time to think about my Chewy. I try my hardest to think of all the good times we had. Its hard when all I can think about is the good times we COULD have had sad.gif

One thing I do know is that it is thanks to Chewy we gave Fudge, Pixie and Ellie a home as before him I had never had the urge to own a pet but he showed me just how much they can take care of you and show you love and how much they need us too.

xxForeverxx

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Mar 26 2014, 07:41 PM
Post #34

Hello xxForeverxx, I am glad that we can lift your spirits. You sure are very busy these days, and I hope you find enough time to rest in between working two jobs and taking care of Keelan. I had been wondering how you are doing. I'm sorry to hear that February has been such a hard month for you. I can relate to you thinking in your car while driving....I do that too, and it's a safe place where you can just have a good cry and you don't have to worry about upsetting a family member. I think it helps to have that time and to be able to grieve, even if it is hard. And I feel for you as you had imagined such a wonderful future with Chewy and Keelan growing up together. Chewy's death was tragic. It cut short his life and potential, but I truly believe that in the 3 years he lived he had a full and good life and was loved so much by you. His death was not in vain as he led you to give Fudge, Pixie, and Ellie a good home. In so many ways Chewy is a hero. I hope that you are feeling a bit better and doing well.

Hugs,
DannysMom

--------------------

+Quote Post
xxForeverxx
post Jun 2 2014, 06:10 AM
Post #35

Hi DannysMom

Thank you for your reply. I am feeling OK today about Chewy as you are right he is a hero. I was only thinking this morning whilst driving back from work that if it hadn't been for Chewy my love for cats would not have happened. He showed me how amazing cats are and you are right it is thanks to him I have Fudge, Pixie and Ellie.

Whenever I think of Chewy I try and hold that in my heart the fact that he was a hero to help see me through another day without him.

xxForeverxx

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Jun 3 2014, 08:09 PM
Post #36

Hello xxForeverxx, that is good that you can keep the thought in your heart of Chewy being a hero and leading you to Fudge, Pixie, and Ellie. In the grief journey some days are better than others. At certain times when I look at Tina or Danny's photos I still shed some tears, and I imagine it probably is the same with you. You had such an incredible bond with Chewy and he was such a loving and sweet cat. If we can keep the good memories in our hearts it does help. Chewy had a good life with you and he was loved.

I hope you are doing well.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post Jun 28 2014, 04:27 AM
Post #37

Hello xxForeverXX

Just stopping by to say hello and see how you are doing. Your nickname, "Mr Chew-Chew" always brings a smile to my heart. I know the two "Mr Chew-Chews (one being my Gretta who is really a Ms, Chew-Chew) are playing together in the Perfect World, just waiting for their moms to get there, too. My sister, Trevor's mom, joined them April 9. I can only imagine the parade of animals that was waiting for her. Please be well and enjoy your summer.

Gretta and Rufus's mom

+Quote Post
xxForeverxx
post Nov 4 2014, 04:45 PM
Post #38

Thank you for stopping by and thinking of Chewy. I have been a bit happier lately. I do not know whether this is because I have been too busy to stop and think and sometimes I wish I never had to stop and think again or else it would set me off. Christmas/new year is always going to be a time when I think of Chewy the most just like you DannysMom but I hope this year I can stop myself from having too many cries and instead think of all the memories I had with him and smile.

Gretta's Mom it is a nice thought all our babies playing together up there. I am so sorry to hear aof your loss. I know though if she has been met by all our amazing friends etc then she is in a good place.

xxForeverxx

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post Nov 5 2014, 07:29 AM
Post #39

Hello Chewy's mom,

I always smile when I see your nickname for beautiful Chewy (Baby Chew-Chew). That was one of my many nicknames for Gretta, the kindest chocolate lab who ever lived. Although this year tragedies have pursued me relentlessly, I still smile when I think of the two Chew-Chews playing together in the Perfect World. Truly there the lion will lie down with the lamb.

Gretta and Rufus's mom

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Nov 28 2014, 01:53 PM
Post #40

QUOTE (xxForeverxx @ Nov 4 2014, 04:45 PM) *

Thank you for stopping by and thinking of Chewy. I have been a bit happier lately. I do not know whether this is because I have been too busy to stop and think and sometimes I wish I never had to stop and think again or else it would set me off. Christmas/new year is always going to be a time when I think of Chewy the most just like you DannysMom but I hope this year I can stop myself from having too many cries and instead think of all the memories I had with him and smile.

Gretta's Mom it is a nice thought all our babies playing together up there. I am so sorry to hear aof your loss. I know though if she has been met by all our amazing friends etc then she is in a good place.

xxForeverxx

Hello xxForeverxx, it is good that have been happier. The holidays can be so tough, and I agree with you that there will always be a time when you think of Chewy simply because you loved him so much and love him still. He was a wonderful cat! I hope that you will have a nice Christmas with your loved ones, and just know that it is okay to cry. Your Chewy was so special.

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:23 PM