4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Remembering My Little Danny Boy, about my Tuxedo cat Danny
DannysMom
post Mar 17 2013, 01:06 PM
Post #41

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 7,464

Happy St. Patrick's Day, my sweet Danny. Green always was "your" color. I thought of you this morning when Mindy hopped on the bed to greet me. But she didn't lick my arm like you used to do when I petted you. I miss seeing your sweet, smiley face when I wake up in the morning. And I especially miss hearing your sweet, melodic voice. You're gone, and you won't be returning to me, but I will go and see you one day when the time comes.

--------------------
Danny: March 4, 2001 - December 28, 2011
Tina: October 27, 1997 - April 28, 2012

To live in hearts we leave behind is not to die.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tom's Dad
post Mar 17 2013, 05:29 PM
Post #42

Member No.: 6,946

DannyMom

Happy St. Patricks Day to you and your girls. I can imagine you're missing Danny and awful lot. I can certainly understand that. Thank you for sharing with us how you are doing and feeling today. I'm sure both Danny and Tina are looking down on you from the Bridge, hearts bursting with love and pride for you, their forever mom. Take care.

TTT

--------------------
Nature's first green is gold
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf's a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.

+Quote Post
xxForeverxx
post Mar 22 2013, 08:52 AM
Post #43

Member No.: 7,430

Hi DannysMom

What a wonderful photo. They look so happy together there and Danny has looked at the camera perfectly for a photo. My Ellies Birthday is march the 5th.....the same day as mine so now every year on the 4th I can easily remember your Danny's Birthday. I am sure he was watching you asking you to not go out on his birthday as you were ill as he would not want you to get any worse so do not feel bad. I am sure he had a fun day with all the other animals at the rainbow bridge. I wish I knew the birthdays of mine more. Chewy's I never knew, and Fudge and Pixie because we found them we also do not know the exact day. I am sure it was lovely to sing happy birthday to him each year. I bet e loved to hear your voice!

I hope you are keeping well today DannysMom.

I am thinking of Danny today.

xxForeverxx

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Mar 24 2013, 11:06 AM
Post #44

xxForeverxx, thanks for stopping by and sharing my Danny with me. That is so special how Ellie's birthday is the same as your's. I don't know Shelley's and Mindy's birthdays, so I had to guess and pick a date. I was always so happy to know Danny's exact birthdate. It was printed right on his little collar he wore at the pet shop. I got two cemetery vases so that I can put flowers on Tina and Danny's grave this coming Easter Sunday. I was thinking of white tulips, because the churches here always put a white cloth on the cross they have outside on Easter Sunday. I was at Kroger yesterday and they had all such pretty colored tulips there, but I especially liked the white ones.

I wish I had more pictures of Danny, but I do treasure the ones that I have and had a new photo book made of my favorites which I should be getting in the mail soon. I found this photo which shows him happily posing for the camera. It was Christmas Eve 2003 and he was just 2 1/2 years old. You can just tell how he enjoyed posing for pictures.

Attached Image

--------------------

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Apr 24 2013, 07:14 PM
Post #45

While looking through Tina's pictures I found this picture of a very young Danny playing with a little catnip toy which he loved so much. He was only about 3 or 4 months old then. Isn't he cute? I love that picture. He was the cutest little kitten, so playful and sweet. I remember how I used to be able to pick him up with just one hand. Oh how I miss my sweet boy!

Attached Image

--------------------

+Quote Post
xxForeverxx
post May 4 2013, 01:36 PM
Post #46

Hi DannysMom

Oh my god that is an absolutley gorgeous photo of him as a kitten. What fun they have playing when they are little. It is another one that shows how happy he was with you.

I dont think i have ever heard of white tulips but they sound fitting for the time of year. Did you put the white tulips at their graves in the end? i hope through the tears you also found a smile as they will be looking down smiling at you for still caring so much for them like they deserve to be.

xxForeverxx

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post May 4 2013, 02:19 PM
Post #47

Forum Moderator

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 4,861

Hi, DannysMom, thank you so much for sharing with us how you're doing, and this sweet picture of your beloved Danny. How blessed you are to have such sweet precious memories to hold close to your heart - - to be the one blessed to be his heir to his eternal love and to bear the name of being his Forever Mom.

Thank you so much for honoring us in sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Danny. I hope today is treating you, and your precious Mindy and Shelley, kindly, and that you and your precious girls will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. Thank you for the blessing of your friendship, DannysMom, and of your precious Mindy and Shelley. Please know you and your precious girls are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Danny, and Tina.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------
In heaven's perfect garden there is no grief or pain, and all of God's creation join the angels' sweet refrain.

The most blessed way I have of knowing God's comforting love and grace is to look into the eyes and heart of God's creatures' sweet angelic face.

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post May 5 2013, 02:37 PM
Post #48

xxForeverxx and moon_beam, thank you so much for sharing my Danny with me. This is one of my favorite pictures. He was the cutest little kitten, and seeing that picture makes me want to hug him again.

xxForeverxx, I did put white tulips on Danny's grave and orange tulips on Tina's grave. They had run out of the white ones, and I figured orange would be nice for Tina as it matches the orange in her fur. Thanks for saying that Tina and Danny will be looking down and smiling at me for caring for them. I just cannot forget them. They had been such a big part of my life. Danny was such a happy little kitten. He would always do a little dance in his litter box which kicked out the litter, but I didn't mind. He was just being happy and silly. When he was little he would often sit next to me on the couch while I studied for exams and read my books. He would often bring me one of the feather teasers and lay it down at my feet and look up at me and meow.

--------------------

+Quote Post
xxForeverxx
post May 28 2013, 03:17 AM
Post #49

Hi DannysMom

The second you said orange tulips on Tina's grave I thought of her beautiful coat. I think that was a wonderful idea.

Haha a dance in the litter tray? That must of made a mess but well worth seeing! Never heard of a cat being so happy to go to the toilet rolleyes.gif He was a very special cat though so of course he had unique qualities like this! He acted a bit like a dog then in trying to get you to play with him by dropping the toy at your feet. Did it work? Did he get your attention? I am sure he did.

xxForeverxx

+Quote Post
Jake'sGrandpa
post May 28 2013, 06:56 AM
Post #50

Member No.: 7,738

Attached Image

Your Danny certainly was a beautiful cat, DannysMom.

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Jun 1 2013, 01:38 PM
Post #51

Jake's grandpa and xxForeverxx, thanks for stopping by and remembering my Danny boy with me. He was quite a handsome boy kitty indeed, and I still miss him so sometimes. Just last night I was thinking of him and wishing he was here with me.

xxForeverxx, yes, when Danny dropped the toy at my feet I would pick it up and throw it again for him and he would bring it right back. He was such playful cat and so active in his younger years. I didn't think he had a heart condition when he got older, but I did wonder sometimes why he was always sleeping so much and seemed to tire easily when playing. These past few days I thought a lot about what it will be like when I see him again and I imagine him leaping into my arms. Oh how I'd love to feel his soft fur again! Danny was really too big to fit on my lap, but I would sometimes gently pick him up and put him on my lap and he enjoyed it, but as soon as Tina came around he would jump off my lap as if he knew how jealous she would get.

I saw a pair of house finches on the rooftop the other day and they looked at me. I wondered if they could possibly be the same ones who used to come every year and build their nest on my balcony. Danny always enjoyed watching them so much and they loved Danny, singing to him from the balcony. He truly liked birds and did not seek to harm them. Danny was always fascinated by the finches. Sadly, they stayed away last year.

--------------------

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Jun 30 2013, 01:21 PM
Post #52

Whenever I look at Danny's pictures I get a lump in my throat and I just want to scoop him up and hold him real tight. I am missing my sweet kitty boy today on my birthday. Last weekend Mindy was sitting on top of the couch like Danny used to while I was watching a movie. I couldn't help but looking at the sweet mix of black and white fur and for a minute I thought it was Danny sitting up there and it made me happy. I realized how I still miss him, even after 1 year and 6 months. I love my girls, but I miss having a boy kitty. Danny was my first and only boy kitty, and he was such a little angel, handsome and sweet. I love looking at his pictures, that sweet face with the pink nose and the bright green eyes. On days like these I miss him very much. Life is different without him. He had been with me for so long that it just seemed inconceivable that he should ever leave me. Danny was always so patient with Tina, putting up with her jumping on his back and wrestling with him.

--------------------

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Jun 30 2013, 03:49 PM
Post #53

Forum Moderator

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 4,861

Hi, DannysMom, thank you so much for sharing with us how you're doing, and your wonderful treasured memories of your beloved Danny. Yes, even though we have other precious companions to share our lives with, our hearts still know that life is "different" without the sweet precious physical presence of our beloved companion(s), This doesn't mean that we love our precious companions less - - it simply means that the love bond we share with each of our companions during our earthly journey together is uniquely individual.

I hope today is treating you, and your precious Mindy and Shelley, kindly, and that you and your precious girls will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. Thank you for the blessing of your friendship, DannysMom, and of your precious Mindy and Shelley. Please know you and your precious girls are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Danny, and Tina.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------
In heaven's perfect garden there is no grief or pain, and all of God's creation join the angels' sweet refrain.

The most blessed way I have of knowing God's comforting love and grace is to look into the eyes and heart of God's creatures' sweet angelic face.

+Quote Post
xxForeverxx
post Jul 15 2013, 05:44 AM
Post #54

Hi DannysMom

Awwww bless him for moving when Tina came. That shows how gentle he was as he did not want to upset her. Wow he was a big cat if he couldn't fit on your lap......either that or your a very petite woman happy.gif

I think it is a good thing that Mindy laying there could remind you of your sweet Danny as it means you can remember him through another gorgeous baby. It is hard when just for a second you think....."Dannys back" or "Chewys back"......it doesn't last long of course as you know it is not true but it happens but I do not regret getting Ellie who has the same markings as Chewy as this just shows how much of an impact he had on my life as I chose someone who reminded me of how beautiful he was.

Your Danny will always be a special cat.

Thinking of you DannysMom

xxForeverxx

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Jul 20 2013, 12:16 PM
Post #55

moon_beam and xxForeverxx, thanks for sharing my Danny with me. I can't believe that in December it will be 2 years since he's gone. xxForeverxx, Danny weighed 17 pounds. He was quite a big kitty boy and had trouble fitting on my lap even though I'm 5'10''. He couldn't fully stretch out and that made it a bit awkward. But he enjoyed sitting next to me on the bed and would put his front paws on my leg. I taught him that. I think it was probably very comforting for you that Ellie had the same markings as Chewy. I know it was comforting for me to bring home a Tuxedo kitty.

I have learned to live without Danny, but sometimes when I look at his pictures the memories of him still bring tears to my eyes. He was such a special cat, truly a one in a million. Danny was always so happy and fun loving. I always laughed when I saw him shred the used wrapping paper that I would leave on the floor for him. He had so much fun doing that. And I so enjoyed hearing his happy voice. He used to give these snappy greetings in his sweet high-pitched voice. I so miss hearing his sweet meows. Danny was always so well behaved too.

--------------------

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Jul 28 2013, 02:34 PM
Post #56

When I went to the pet cemetery today I found Danny's marker covered with mowed grass. I hadn't been there since May, and it was just good for me to pay a visit to his resting place. I felt guilty that I hadn't been there in a while. It's not like I have forgotten about him, but it's hard to go there and look at his marker and to know that he is not in my life. I very much miss his sweet presence at times, how late at night he used to come into the living room with a happy greeting, wanting me to play with him. He was such a laid back and happy little cat. Nothing really seemed to worry him too much. He didn't get upset when I used to go on vacation. He always looked at me as if he wanted to say:"Don't worry, I will be just fine." I remember how he sat happily snuggled into his kitty condo, looking out of the window and watching the snow flakes fall when we had that big snowstorm a few years ago. He always made me smile when he rolled over on his back and showed me his tummy.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tom's Dad
post Jul 28 2013, 04:36 PM
Post #57

Member No.: 6,946

Hello DannyMom

I'm sorry to hear Danny's marker was covered with grass. I hope you were able to speak with the staff about keeping it clear. I can understand the heartbreak and sorrow of visiting his final resting place. But you also remember the good times and how much joy he brought into your life, and always will through his eternal living spirit. Thank you for sharing. I hope today has been otherwise kind to you and your girls, and that you all have a blessed evening. TTFN

TTT

--------------------
Nature's first green is gold
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf's a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Jul 29 2013, 08:48 PM
Post #58

Tom's Dad, thanks for stopping by and for your kind words. I wish you could have known Danny. He was such a sweet and happy little kitty boy and so well behaved. About the mowing...I guess they don't rake the grass after they mow. We don't pay for any kind of maintenance there as the mowing is done by volunteers, so I really don't want to complain about it. I'm just glad I saw it and was there to brush away the grass and make Danny's name visible again. I just can't put anything on his grave until mowing season is over which is sometime in October.

--------------------

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Sep 2 2013, 04:43 PM
Post #59

Even though I haven't posted about Danny in a while he is certainly not forgotten. I have one of his pictures on top of my scanner right next to my PC monitor. I love seeing his sweet little face with that big pink nose and those beautiful green eyes. Danny was incredibly handsome, and he had a heart of gold. Sometimes I wish I could see him coming in the living room once again, greeting me with that sweet, cheery voice, rubbing his face against my chair. When I visited my folks a couple years ago I brought back a nice toy, a mouse on a wand. It quickly became one of Danny's favorites. I remember how he enjoyed playing with it so much. Unfortunately Mindy broke it. No toy is really safe with Mindy for long. I still kept the toy, can't bear to throw it out. I miss seeing Danny sitting in the kitty condo in the evening. He so enjoying looking out the window over the whole neighborhood. Oh the stories he could tell me! I bet he knew everybody's routine. I regret that I never took a video of Danny. I always meant to get around to it, but never did. He had this funny habit of purring while he ate. He couldn't even wait for me to finish pouring the food in his bowl, he would just dig right in and purr. When he was a young kitten he sometimes dunked his toys in the water bowl. It made a big mess, but it also made me laugh.

--------------------

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Sep 5 2013, 10:02 PM
Post #60

Last night something unexpected happened. I was playing with Mindy. She was on the floor and had this feather teaser with her. Seeing her lie on her back with the teaser next to her reminded me all of a sudden of Danny. I remembered how he once "posed" for the camera with a similar blue-feathered teaser, holding it between his paws just so and looking at the camera. Just looking at the color of that teaser brought back this memory of Danny so clearly and it was like I was there with him once again. Tears started welling up in my eyes and I got overwhelmed with grief. It hurt so much to remember and to have that memory come alive so vividly as if I was reliving it with him here. I couldn't stop crying, I was so choked up. I guess that's why I don't like to dwell on memories of him. When I catch myself remembering something I always try to stop the memory before it becomes too much. I just block it out. But sometimes the pain wants to come out and oh did it come out yesterday! I was surprised by the intensity of this grief "attack". It's been almost 2 years. Why do I still feel like this? The memories of "that" day at the vet came back as well and I remembered the vet tech walking away with Danny's body over her shoulder, his head flopping helplessly to the side and his lifeless eyes staring back at me. That was such a horrible thing for me, and I still have a hard time with it.

--------------------

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 06:42 PM