IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Site Rules and Courtesies

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Another Loss In The Family, Trevor Forever (Bobbie's beautiful spaniel) went home yesterday
Gretta's Mom
post Jul 23 2011, 06:59 PM
Post #1

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 7,067

Hello all

I'm at the home of my sister Bobbie trying my best to stand by her during her saddest moments. Trevor, the bravest little dog who ever lived, went to the Perfect World yesterday. Thank you to all of her Lightning-Strike friends who have been such a miraculous help to her during the crushing anticipation period. We're having more than our share of difficulty getting back on the site - I had to e-mail the SysAd and have him manuall reinstate me.

I'll help her do the same, but in the meantime, if you have some words of encouragement for her, why don't you just respond to this message and I'll share them with her.

Thank you all so much. We'd be lost without our Lightning-Strike family.

Gretta's mom
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
raerae777
post Jul 23 2011, 07:14 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 7,183

I've been thinking of you and Bobbie. I'm so glad that you are able to be there for her. I know Cinder and all the other wonderful creatures were there to help Trevor over. I know nothing I can say can make Bobbie feel better, I still feel lost. Tell her that I am thinking and praying for her.

Much love.

Cinder's Mama

--------------------
"The dog is a gentleman; I hope to go to his heaven, not man's." -Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post Jul 23 2011, 07:55 PM
Post #3

Thank you so much RaeRae. Only people who have loved and been loved by their true soul animals can understand this awful experience. I know Trevor has met two new friends in the Perfect World: your Cinder and my Gretta.
Thank you for being there for us.

Gretta's mom

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Jul 23 2011, 07:58 PM
Post #4

Forum Moderator

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 4,861

Dear Bobbie, just stopping by to let you know you're in my thoughts and prayers. I do so know what you are going through. We are here for you, dear Bobbie. May you know through all of this deep pain you are feeling now that your precious Trevor is forever grateful to you for all you did for him during his earthly journey, and that he is always with you - - as you are with him. I am looking forward to knowing how you're diiing, Bobbie.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------
In heaven's perfect garden there is no grief or pain, and all of God's creation join the angels' sweet refrain.

The most blessed way I have of knowing God's comforting love and grace is to look into the eyes and heart of God's creatures' sweet angelic face.

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post Jul 23 2011, 09:13 PM
Post #5

Hello, all my wonderful LS friends, including those, like me, that are still having trouble getting back on the site AND my sister Jeanne!

First, thank you for your loving, supportive and gentle words to me about Trevor. It means so much to have you by my side and all your loving companions with Trevor. He has 6 brothers (Crocker, Birney, Kelly, Jasper, Rudy and Adam) and 1 cousin (Gretta) watching out for him and with all his new friends, he'll feel even better. I think he's already had one party because we had one terrific thunderstorm with lots of rain, here in Reisterstown this morning. I just know it was him. And he may be checking out a potential girlfriend, too. There is a little wonder named Sophie that is in that Heavenly Place over the Rainbow Bridge, for 7 years now, and she sounds like his type. (another friend's little girl)

If I sound awfully cheerful, I am not. I am 1/2 step away from bursting into tears, driving to the Humane Society cemetery and digging my way to him with my bare hands. I miss him more than human words can say and I am loving him even more. His daddy wrote him a letter and gave both me and his Grandmom (L. Parsley) a framed cop. Mine is hanging in our hallway. I can see it many times a day and read it whenever I want to. NOTHING of Trevor's, including his unused potty pads, is moving in this house for now. And it won't until I am ready and it's OK with Trevor. Trevor didn't have any toys because he had lost the ability to play (due to his neuro problems) and he had so many comforters that I can't chose another special one. He is buried on top of his most favorite comforter. I also wrote him a letter, one copy is with him and one is with me.

Right now I am so tired and so empty without Trevor that I am not addressing many of my feelings. They will come with time. Trevor's daddy and his Auntie (Jeanne) are being very helpful, encouraging me to talk about Trevor or anything I want to and letting me to just about anything I want to.

So, I am going to tell you about Trevor's burial. The cemetery was started in 1927 and is part of a game reserve developed and presenrved by a very forward looking and acting woman, so there are tall trees everywhere and Trevor lis in the shade of one of them. His Grandmom and I planned the service on Thursday. First came the comforter; then she and I, and our hubbies all put various things into the grave that were a significant part of Trevor's life, such as his leash, treats, pictures, holy card of St. Francis, letters, etc.; then she and I gave Trevor one last hug and kiss (he was wrapped in a very soft, favorite blanket (that was one of the hardest parts for me - I wanted to hold him forever); Mark and Stan lowered Trevor's body into his grave and onto all his momentoes; Mark & Linda placed a soft blanket over Trevor's body; each person in attendance placed some of the eart onto Trevor and into his grave. Soon, we left the cemetery, where the wonderful and sensitive cemetery director, filled in the grave and placed a special spray of flowers from Linda and me, on top of this grave, along with a wodden marker that had some of the words to "You Are My Sunshine". The marker will stay until Trevors headstone arrives in about one week. OH! And Jeanne sang a most wonderful, touching song she "wrote" called The Soul Dog's Lullaby".
Later that afternoon I went out and sat with Trevor for about 45 minutes in 106 degree heat, but it was the most peaceful and only place I wanted to be.
Jeanne and I went by and said hello to Trevor this morning, after his thunderstorm/party and I'll be going every day for quite awhile.

The house is so empty without my Trevor Forever and I look for him everywhere. What I do know is that I gave him the best love I could and he did even more in return because he taught me lessons that I need to write down in 6 foot letters to remember and follow for the rest of my life.

Again, thank you, everyone, for your messages of love, sympathy and suport. I will get my own site again, one of thise days. Until then,,,,

Blessings to all..............
Bobbie

+Quote Post
JoanneL
post Jul 23 2011, 10:08 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 6,957

My deepest condolences to all of you on the loss of your beloved Trevor. I also woke to that thunderstorm today down the road from you and thank him for the rain, if he sent it to us. I am sending hugs your way and as Moon_Beam said we know your pain. Many people do not understand the love we can have for a person with fur and 4 legs but those of us here do. I am glad you were able to arrange his burial in such a lovely spot. I also had considered burial there but have opted to have my babies cremated and home with me.

Anyway, you may be reading this through tears as I am crying writing to you. Just know that there is much love here for you and your family. Trevor was a lucky guy to have you all for his family.

Joanne

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Jul 24 2011, 10:10 AM
Post #7

Forum Moderator

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 4,861

Dear Bobbie, thank you so much for sharing with us about the celebration of Trevor's earthly journey on Friday. The resting place sounds so beautiful and peaceful.

I'm smiling at the marker with some of the words from "You Are My Sunshine." I used to sing that to my beloved Oslo all the time, and still find myself singing it sometimes - - sometimes without my realizing it at first - - and then I stop and realize my Oslo must be close by - - and this is very comforting.

Bobbie, there is no rush to change anything. Your life is already going through a dramatically painful adjustment. Just take your time - - one day at a time, one moment at a time - - and please know each of us are here for you to help you in every way we can.

I hope today is being kind to you, my friend. Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers, and look forward to knowing how you're doing.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------
In heaven's perfect garden there is no grief or pain, and all of God's creation join the angels' sweet refrain.

The most blessed way I have of knowing God's comforting love and grace is to look into the eyes and heart of God's creatures' sweet angelic face.

+Quote Post
LoveMyMickey
post Jul 24 2011, 12:54 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 7,071

Dear Bobbie.....I just now posted on your other thread, but again I want to say I am so sorry for your loss of Trevor. You did give him the best love and care that anyone could possibly give.

The cemetery and burial sounds so beautiful. RIP Sweet Trevor.

Love and Hugs wub.gif

LoveMyMickey

--------------------
"Love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation."

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 05:53 PM