Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Site Rules and Courtesies
> Songs That Remind You Of Your Lost Loved One
KeriTiasMom
post Oct 7 2006, 01:00 AM
Post #1

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 2,138

Today I've been in a sort of softly melancholic mood...not deeply depressed...not happy. just a sort of in-between state...not numb...just a gentle sadness as if the loss of my Tia is finally becoming a permanent part of my life in my mind. In this mood I felt drawn towards certain songs, songs with certain "feel"s to them. Music has always been an integral part of my life...highlighting my happy times and punctuating my sad ones. These songs I will share here with y'all supported me today and I feel they say out loud (in words and music) how I feel about my loss. I'll include the lyrics to one of the songs. The other is in nationality (these are both from my favorite musician, Hyde, who is nationality).

Do you find any songs in particular seem to jump out at you as meaningful...that they seem to speak to you personally about your lost loved one(s) or about your feelings about that loved one? Let's share

When I feel sad but grateful to my Tia I listen to this song, "Shallow Sleep," by Hyde. This is the piano version with English lyrics. It's sad but the lyrics are so meaningful to someone who lost a loved one. Please give it a listen.
This is the link to the song and below are the lyrics:
Link to "Shallow Sleep (English, piano version)"
"Shallow Sleep" (lyrics and music by Hyde)

I just saw you
Beyond the course of time
A room that we once shared
But my memory's a haze
Forgetting what was said

I gently held out my hand
And in that perfect moment
You disappeared - I lost you over again

In a shallow sleep I dreamt I was seeing you
Just how I remembered
Brimming with tenderness
And somewhere in the calm
A feeling that nothing had ever changed
Your presence close beside me till I wake

I just saw you
A moment far too brief
Before the daylight came
But my heart is beating fast
Perhaps we'll meet again

Just how I remembered
Brimming with tenderness

I see you - until I wake from shallow sleep

An artist without a brush
Can't paint upon the canvas
Without you here - there is no colour
A colourless landscape

Just how I remembered
Brimming with tenderness

I see you - shallow sleep

This song, called "Season's Call," is another one by Hyde. This one is more upbeat and reminds me of the few times (perhaps the manic upside of a manic depressive mood swing..haha) that in the midst of my grief I feel a sudden welling up of joy, of gra***ude for my Tia and for her presence in my life. As some of the English lyrics of this mostly nationality song state, "because you taught me how to love I feel I can do anything." This song is about a feeling, a sureness that there is a higher power by the feeling of inner joy and peace that the faith one has provides them. I also interpret it like this...When I think of Tia and how she has now passed on I don't always feel sad. When I look at it and step outside of my sad feelings I feel an inner peace and a sudden feeling of joy to think that somewhere, inside of me, she is still there and will never die. This is what I think of when I hear this song...my faith that Tia is still with me, only now, in her spiritual form, she will never leave me as her mortal form did.
Hyde "Seasons Call" video

Edit: I'll purposefully misspell this so you can see what I mean...every time I type Jpnese this changed it to "nationality"...in case you're wondering what that meant:)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- KeriTiasMom   Songs That Remind You Of Your Lost Loved One   Oct 7 2006, 01:00 AM
- - Simba's Daddy   When I came out of the vets and started my car aft...   Oct 7 2006, 09:46 AM
- - slbrock59   Shannon by Henry Gross   Oct 7 2006, 02:12 PM
- - Kurbysma   "Home" by Michael Buble. It tears me ...   Oct 8 2006, 10:42 PM
- - lurchergirl   Snow Patrol - Chasing Cars. Reminds me of sleepin...   Oct 17 2006, 11:52 AM
- - DJ1976   right now the only song that really runs through m...   Oct 21 2006, 06:20 PM
- - Cleo 1   Unforgetable by Nat King Cole. Cleo 1   Oct 28 2006, 03:12 AM
- - DJ1976   Cleo 1, my baby's name was Cleo as well. Good ...   Oct 31 2006, 04:57 PM
- - Forever Jake   When I started the car to go to the vet to have Ja...   Nov 8 2006, 08:54 PM
- - JOANNE   For Raggs I Will Always Love You, by Doly Parton. ...   Nov 9 2006, 07:44 PM
- - Dpaina   All of them! The most of all though Who you...   Nov 16 2006, 02:59 PM
- - gunnersmom   How to save a life - The fray "Where did I g...   Nov 16 2006, 03:04 PM
- - Rich   Please go to youtube and enjoy DOG SONG 2 Better w...   Feb 25 2010, 01:34 PM
- - BullyMama   Since Maggie's death when I hear this song I t...   Feb 26 2010, 01:50 AM
- - Gemini's Mom   Since Gemini's passing this song runs through my m...   Mar 1 2010, 10:03 PM
- - Smudge's Mom   "Do You Realize" by the Flaming Lips. I...   Mar 15 2010, 07:55 AM
- - Lei-Lei'smom   Leibchen's song is "My Heart Will Go On...   Apr 18 2010, 11:35 PM
- - Foxysmummy   "footprints in the sand" By Leona Lewis,...   Apr 28 2010, 08:14 AM
- - Cheryl83   I thought I would repost this song here (I've ...   Jun 11 2010, 07:32 AM
- - MissingHolly   When Holly was younger my favorite song was Jewel ...   Jun 17 2010, 11:49 PM
- - Diamond-Bear   Fly To The Angels by Slaughter Pictures of you Oh...   Aug 4 2010, 10:37 PM
- - luvmypets   When we were driving Dakota to the Vets that cold ...   Aug 5 2010, 03:49 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 03:11 PM