Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 6 Months Ago...my Sweet Mickey
LoveMyMickey
post Aug 22 2011, 12:31 PM
Post #1

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 7,071

My Sweet Mickey....

Aug. 22, 2001- We brought you home to live with us.
Aug. 22, 2011- 6 months ago the Angels took you home to live in Heaven's
Beautiful Garden.

You came to us as this frisky 5 year old and grew into this still frisky 14 year old.

My sweet boy...there are soooo many loving, happy, and fun memories, too many to write here.
But they are in my heart and soul to stay forever......I found this poem for you, my little one:

Golden Memories
They say memories are golden, well, maybe that is true.
I never wanted memories, I only wanted you.
A million times I cried.
If love alone could have saved you, you never would have died.
In life I loved you dearly, in death I love you still.
In my heart you hold a place no one else could fill.
If tears could build a stairway and heartache make a lane.
I'd walk the path to Heaven and bring you back again.
Our family chain is broken, and nothing seems the same.
But as God calls us back one by one, the chain will link again.

I love you my sweet Mickey Boy....I sent a donation today to help a
little Malti-Poo girl. I know you would love her.

Love Forever from your Mama and Daddy..XOXO

--------------------
"Love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation."
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post Aug 22 2011, 04:12 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 7,067

Oh Love My Mickey

That poem is THE saddest poem I have ever heard. Many people here in the USA use it in people's obituaries. For three years after my mother passed, I couldn't even read the words, "If memories were a staircase" without breaking out in sobs.

Please know that your beautiful Mickey is remembered and loved by all your Lightening Strike friends and all their fur babies who are now in the Perfect World with your Mickey. There they continue to guide our steps, watch over us, love us and are loved by us exactly as they were when we could see and hold them. They've "made it." Now we have to live lives that honor their lives so we can make it there too.

Thank you SO much for sharing the pictures, thoughts and the poem.

Gretta's mom

+Quote Post
nurse2b013
post Aug 22 2011, 05:50 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 7,184

Thank you for sharing that poem. It is beautiful and made me cry!

I know Mickey is watching you from Heaven, and misses you as much as you miss him. (((Hugs))) as you remember him, today and always!

Jodi

+Quote Post
leejaye
post Aug 22 2011, 05:56 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 7,103

Dear LoveMyMickey, Sending you some HUGE hugs today, thankyou so much for the lovely photos of Mickey - and the poem is beautiful (even if it did make me cry), please know Purszi and I are thinking of you and Mickey Leejaye PS The donation to the little maltipoo girl is a beautiful tribute to your Mickey, he must be so proud of his Mum

+Quote Post
Cheryl83
post Aug 23 2011, 06:29 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 6,508

Thinking of you, LoveMyMickey.

I know the 6-month mark is hard.

Thank you so much for sharing those precious photographs of your boy, he has the cutest little face ever. You can tell his sweet nature just by looking at his pictures.

I can picture his sweet, happy little face at the Bridge, wagging his tail, and playing with all of our furangels. I just know that he is much-loved up there.

Hang in there,
Cheryl x

--------------------
It broke our hearts to lose you, but you didn't go alone,
For parts of us went with you ... the day God called you home

My beautiful Angel, Daisy - I will love and miss you forever xx

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Aug 23 2011, 03:22 PM
Post #6

Forum Moderator

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 4,861

Hi, LoveMyMickey, just checking in with you to see how you're doing, and to thank you for sharing your and your beloved Mickey's six month angel-versary with us. What a handsome fellow he is - - I adore his red harness - - how striking it is on him. He wore that harness to help keep him safe in your loving care during his earthly journey - - but now he is doesn't need to wear it - - unless he wants to, as the angels have an exact replica for him - - to show off how his mom kept him safe.

Thank you so much, LoveMyMickey, for sharing your beloved Mickey with us, and for your loving, caring words of comfort and hope. I hope today is being kind to you, my friend. Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers, and look forward to knowing how you're doing.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------
In heaven's perfect garden there is no grief or pain, and all of God's creation join the angels' sweet refrain.

The most blessed way I have of knowing God's comforting love and grace is to look into the eyes and heart of God's creatures' sweet angelic face.

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post Aug 23 2011, 07:02 PM
Post #7

Hi LoveMy Mickey,

I'm coming up on Gretta's six-month anniversary soon - and it's 4 days after my birthday. I think I'll move her date up and my date back by 2 days each so we can share the same day. Mickey is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO special. I know all the LS dogs, cats, bunnies, ferrets and all other kinds of fur babies in the Perfect World had a big party for him - and he took the floor for hours bragging about the most wonderful mom on earth - YOU!

Keep well, my friend,

Gretta's mom

+Quote Post
Tom's Dad
post Aug 23 2011, 07:34 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 6,946

A beautiful poem LoveMyMickey (definately tear worthy) and the pics as well. 9 months next month for Sir Thomas. 5 years, 10 years, it's never enough time. Hugs

TTT

--------------------
Nature's first green is gold
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf's a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.

+Quote Post
tahoeden
post Aug 24 2011, 01:48 AM
Post #9

Member No.: 6,484

Sorry for your loss. I know there are so many "firsts" that bring pain. The first month without Mickey, the birthdays, holidays, 1/2 year. It's been close to 16 months for me, and I'm still struggling. It's often difficult to come to this site now and see all the pain. Your poem captured the love you had (have) for Mickey. Peace.

Dennis

+Quote Post
LoveMyMickey
post Aug 24 2011, 06:32 PM
Post #10

My Dear Friends.....I thank you ALL for your kind and comforting words. Everybody here has helped me so much even though everybody is hurting. I feel that we all have been so blessed to have found our little soulmates.....I hope we all can find peace someday.....

Hugs,

LoveMyMickey

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bobbie
post Aug 24 2011, 11:58 PM
Post #11

Member No.: 7,068

Dear LoveMyMickey,

You have done so much for me and now I want to tell you how much you are loved for loving your Mickey so much, for so long. Your Poem was perfect in describing now and all our futures.

Six months.....a minor eternity. But you've made it this far and are an inspiration for those of us who aren't very far long yet.

Give yourself a hug from me & Trevor and tell Mickey we love him, too!

Bobbie

+Quote Post
Peggy's Human
post Aug 25 2011, 02:42 AM
Post #12

Member No.: 7,037

Dear LoveMyMickey,

You've been very much on my mind this week. I know we're both hitting our 6 month anniversary of loss this week and I know the pain you're feeling. I am so sorry and wish I had the magic words to help ease the pain in your heart. I love the poem you posted for your sweet Mickey. It's beautiful and brought tears to my eyes - actually, I had to stop reading and then go back to keep the waterworks from starting. It's still so painful and I know you feel the same way. I'm sure Mickey and my little Peggy are spending time playing together, until we can be with them. Please know you and Mickey are in my prayers and I hope you're doing well.

Big cyber-hug to you,

Peggy

+Quote Post
LoveMyMickey
post Aug 26 2011, 06:22 PM
Post #13

Dear Bobbie and Peggy...Thank you both for your kind words......

Bobbie.. there isn't a day that goes by that I don't think of you and sweet Angel Trevor. I hope your days will get better.

Peggy.. I remember our 6 months was the same week. You lost your Peggy on my husband's birthday 4 days after we lost Mickey. I hope you are doing better too.

Hugs to you both,

LoveMyMickey

--------------------

+Quote Post
LoveMyMickey
post Sep 28 2011, 12:54 PM
Post #14

My Dear Sweet Angel Mickey, wub.gif

It has been 7 months and 1 week since you went to be with the angels. I cooked the last of your frozen chicken breasts yesterday. Through tears I cut them in little pieces like I did for you. I gave our little black stray cat some in your honor. I remember you saying "hi" to our little strays.......Sweet Mickey, we miss you more every day, but you have made your "sweet living spirit" known to us in many ways.....We haven't put all your things away, but of course you probably know that.

You remember the little girl Malti-Poo that I gave a donation to in your memory, well, last night her picture wasn't on the website and that scared me. I emailed them and the lady said she was okay and that her foster mom wanted to keep her, but they don't have much money. So daddy and I decided to keep helping them with a little donation each month.

Sweet Mickey, I know you will meet up with her in the future when she becomes an angel. She is 9 years old and has had some health problems. Her name is Concheta and here are two pictures of her...................Until later, my baby boy, always remember mama and daddy loves you with all our heart and soul. XOXOXOXOXO

Concheta

--------------------

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Sep 28 2011, 05:46 PM
Post #15

Forum Moderator

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 4,861

Hi, LoveMyMickey, thank you so very much for sharing with us your heart-filled love letter to your beloved Mickey - - and for the adorable pictures of your "foster" child Concheta. It is so o o wonderful that you will continue to help the foster family with financial support so that they can keep Concehta in their family. And how special that you gave the homeless waif a helping of your beloved Mickey's chicken. Your beloved Mickey has never known - - once he came into your heart and home - - hunger, and it is so very special that you offer nourishment to those who are not fortunate to have this security in loving honor to your beloved Mickey.

I hope today is being kind to you, my friend, and that you will have a very peaceful evening blessed with your beloved Mickey's sweet Living Spirit to comfort and cheer you. Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers, my friend, and always look forward to knowing how you're doing.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------
In heaven's perfect garden there is no grief or pain, and all of God's creation join the angels' sweet refrain.

The most blessed way I have of knowing God's comforting love and grace is to look into the eyes and heart of God's creatures' sweet angelic face.

+Quote Post
leejaye
post Sep 28 2011, 06:14 PM
Post #16

Dear LoveMyMickey, Thanks for sharing your lovely letter to Mickey - you can bet he is so proud of his mum! Moon_beam beat me to it and spoke all the words that are in my own heart for you, sending you huge hugs my friend, Leejaye

+Quote Post
Tom's Dad
post Sep 28 2011, 07:23 PM
Post #17

Member No.: 6,946

LoveMyMickey

I wanted to add my "ditto" to what's been said about yout letter to your precious Mickey. I too was touched by your generosity to the stray kitties. I know of at least ONE special man cat that's keeping him company these days smile.gif

--------------------
Nature's first green is gold
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf's a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.

+Quote Post
LoveMyMickey
post Sep 29 2011, 01:07 PM
Post #18

Thank you all, my friends!

I got a heartwarming email from Conchetta's foster/forever mom last night. She is so grateful for the help. She said she told Conchetta that somebody that she had never met, loves her. And Conchetta gave her kisses.

UPDATE: 7:00 PM...Little Concheta needs prayers. Her mom was giving her a belly rub last night and discovered a lump in one of her breasts. She has surgery tomorrow. This breaks my heart.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post Sep 30 2011, 06:37 AM
Post #19

Dear Love My Mickey

My special prayers are storming heaven today for little Conchetta (and you and your hubby for being SOOOOOOOOOOOO generous and finding such a wonderful way to honor Mickey and help another dog and her mom). I don't know this for sure but let's hope that, like in humans, most of these lumps turn out to be benign. OK, all you spirit animals: Mickey, Gretta, Trevor, everybody .... "Everything is going to be all right."

Gretta's mom

+Quote Post
leejaye
post Sep 30 2011, 06:42 AM
Post #20

Dear LoveMyMickey, Adding my prayers for little Conchetta, I know Mickey and Mischief will send her all the help they can - huge hugs for you my friend, Leejaye

+Quote Post

25 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:09 PM