IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Site Rules and Courtesies
6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Remembering The Good Times, What are some fond memories of your pet?
goliath
post Mar 3 2008, 10:22 PM
Post #41

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 4,239

As I was looking at my scrapbooks tonight I came across all the vacation pictures of our travels in our RV.

In them is a picture of Goliath in his favorite place up on the dashboard of the RV.
He had a very big pillow with his name on it that he layed on. I loved watching him up there, so peaceful and content. He was in his glory up there taking everything in and enjoying the time.

On one of our spots to stop for the evening, I took Goliath out for a walk. There was another dog that came up to him and began to bark very loud. Goliath prompty ran up my leg, under my shirt, and popped his sweet little face out of the neck of my shirt. My hubby and I laughed sooooooooo hard.

The memories of our camping trips made me biggrin.gif so much. It just felt so good to remember and to feel happy and cozy with these memories that will stay in my heart and mind forever.

I will love Goliath til the day after forever...... wub.gif

--------------------
Topics that include Goliath are:
Death of my Furry Baby Boy Chihuahua
Heartfelt Letter to my Goliath
Goliath and Gidget Pics
Happy Birthday Goliath
Goliath's Blessings
Bouncing Baby Browser (Goliath & Gidget's New Baby Brother)
Browser Is Missing!
Goliath Aloysius 1/25/1997 til 11/6/2007
My Gidgie Girl
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
goliath
post Mar 10 2008, 08:46 PM
Post #42

When I came home this evening I went to the kitchen to make a bowl of salad. As I was cutting up carrots, my Gidget attempted to walk across the kitchen floor. (She hates that floor...LOL) But, she loves carrots.

I was reminded about the times Gidget would run up behind Goliath and nip him in the butt. Goliath learned very quicky that if he ran for the kitchen she would not pursue him and get his butt nipped.

This is just one of many happy memories I have of my Goliath. wub.gif

--------------------
Goliath and Gidget Pics
Happy Birthday Goliath
Goliath's Blessings
Browser Is Missing!
My Gidgie Girl

+Quote Post
goliath
post Mar 16 2008, 07:45 PM
Post #43

When replying to another thread earlier, regarding nail trimming, I was pleasantly reminded of my own memories in trimming Goliath's nails.

When he was just a little puppy I wanted him to have a positive association with nail time. So, I got him a peanutbutter bone that he would lick while I manicured his nails.

Five months later we had Gidget. Nail trimming time became a contest between the two of them. All either of them had to do was see the clippers and the race was on.

Goliath usually won the first sitting as he would jump into my arms and hold his right paw up.

Gosh I miss that sweet little Goliath of mine. Those paws will remain on and in my heart forever. wub.gif

--------------------
Goliath and Gidget Pics
Happy Birthday Goliath
Goliath's Blessings
Browser Is Missing!
My Gidgie Girl

+Quote Post
Cooler
post Apr 21 2008, 03:59 PM
Post #44

Member No.: 2,076

I'm trying so hard to stop the tears & focus on the good memories. I lost Sammie over 2 months ago & the pain is still acute at times. Now I find myself crying for both kitties (the other I lost over a year ago). It's such good therapy to count my blessings but I still wish I could move faster through the pain.

Thank you, God, for the gift of my wonderful sweet "girls". I was blessed with 17 & 18 years. The deepest & purest love of my life! So many wonderful memories. Litter mates but so different. Tabbie was sweet & simple. Sam was serious & deep. Tabbie was always laying on her back with her belly & feet up. Sam did not sleep much, always on patrol. Every day Tabbie would lick Sam's face & Sam would gently hit her. They had their certain spots on the bed. They each had certain rooms in the house that were theirs. Both delivered toys to use, often howling as they did so. Sam loved to play fetch, over & over & over. Tabbie loved the feather duster so I bought her one at the dollar store so she could carry it everywhere. I'm still finding tiny mice hidden all over the house. Wonderful memories, hopefully the happy times will take over all the sadness I feel.

Thanks for giving me a place to share.

+Quote Post
goliath
post Apr 25 2008, 09:48 PM
Post #45

QUOTE (Cooler @ Apr 21 2008, 04:59 PM) *
Both delivered toys to use, often howling as they did so. Sam loved to play fetch, over & over & over. Tabbie loved the feather duster so I bought her one at the dollar store so she could carry it everywhere. I'm still finding tiny mice hidden all over the house. Wonderful memories, hopefully the happy times will take over all the sadness I feel.

Thanks for giving me a place to share.

Recently I found one of Goliath's bimple bones tucked into the couch. His little gnaw markings were all over it. He used to spend hours chewing on those bones. I love remembering him chew away in such content and security. He held them between his two front paws to nibble on them, the same way a little human boy would hold up a big sucker. Sometimes I would put one of these bimple bones in the pocket of my pants or robe. Goliath would bury his nose deep into my pocket and not give up until he had retrieved his special possession.

Each time I discover these souvenirs that Goliath left behind, I smile more and more. smile.gif And you will too.

--------------------
Goliath and Gidget Pics
Happy Birthday Goliath
Goliath's Blessings
Browser Is Missing!
My Gidgie Girl

+Quote Post
goliath
post Jun 13 2008, 09:20 PM
Post #46

Tonight I was laying on the couch thinking of how Goliath used to love to lay on my chest or between my knees. I always felt so much peace and security when he did that with me. As I was thinking of how wonderful Goliath felt, my baby Browser jumped up on the couch all by himself for the very first time. He too came right up to my chest, laid his sweet little head on my neck and gave me one of his lushious tiny licks. Then he took Goliath's small urn that I wear around my neck on a chain and held it with his paws and fell fast asleep.

All felt good and right tonight like everybody was here including Goliath. wub.gif

--------------------
Goliath and Gidget Pics
Happy Birthday Goliath
Goliath's Blessings
Browser Is Missing!
My Gidgie Girl

+Quote Post
myhrtisbrkn
post Jun 13 2008, 10:38 PM
Post #47

Member No.: 2,048

Charles and I were laughing today remembering how Sadie would leap on his feet when they were under the covers, and proceed to savage his toes. All the while making the funniest little grunts and squeals that sounded for all the world like some little person fighting for their life. Charles would kick his leg high in the air and she would ride it like a cowboy on a mechanical bull. She was such a fiery little thing!

How we miss her. sad.gif

--------------------
"You in heaven...be aware. When my day comes I will be there. Then open your gates and you will see....on wings you gave, they'll fly to me"

Blessed is he who has earned the love of an old dog.

Rescue one, until there are none!

+Quote Post
Deanna
post Jun 29 2008, 11:15 AM
Post #48

Member No.: 4,792

One of the fondest memories of my Zoe ... was when we were reunited when we were away from each other. Whether it was just coming back from a quick errand or if it two days.... she greeted me with the same excitement, when I came in, she jumped up and down on my leg until I picked her up (in which I did almost immediately) rubbing her back and covering her with kisses, while she licked my face. Oh, how wonderful it was.
~Zoe -Forever In My Heart wub.gif ~
Deanna
Attached image(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
lfowler
post Jun 30 2008, 06:16 PM
Post #49

Member No.: 4,815

It was always so funny whenever I started singing either with or without the karaoke machine, Bailey would come to me and sit right at my feet or by my side (or in my lap if I was sitting on the floor) and act so thrilled that I was singing to her. She was my #1 fan just as I was of her!

It's also funny to think about how each time my partner or I got out of her sight, she would begin a cute little howl just until you peeked around the corner, out of the shower, over the stair rail, etc. to let her know you were just a few steps away from her.

I loved the idea of writing a special memory on seperate pieces of paper! I will definitely do that to help in my healing process!

+Quote Post
ann
post Jul 21 2008, 01:35 AM
Post #50

Member No.: 4,838

The best remembrance, It would have to be every moment I spent with my baby, Arthur. I especially loved how smart he was. He lived with a friend, and everytime there was something new in the house he had to lead me to it. My friend had bought a new va%% While Arthur was there, I looked at the old va%% cleaner, asked if he had fixed it, questioned if it was a new one. Arthur went upstairs, I followed thinking he wanted to go out, he cut thru the kitchen, then the livingroom. There was a brick wall with 2 archways to hold the wood for the the stove. One half had wood the other, where he led me, was a new va%% cleaner. Needless to say my friend couldn't hide anything from me with him around.

+Quote Post
LarrysMom
post Aug 6 2008, 01:06 PM
Post #51

Member No.: 4,886

The memory that first comes to mind is when I realized that my beagle Larry could "tell time." It was my custom to take a short nap on the couch after work. A couple of weeks after Larry joined my family I was sound asleep as usual when I was shocked awake by Larry's fog horn bark in my ear. Standing behind him were my old border collie Bebe and my daughter dog Max. It was 6:10 p.m and they usual ate at 6:00. Larry was telling me I was late and the others had a "yeah! what he said" look.

+Quote Post
Candy's Dad
post Aug 8 2008, 06:57 PM
Post #52

Member No.: 4,801

QUOTE (lfowler @ Jun 30 2008, 06:16 PM) *
It was always so funny whenever I started singing either with or without the karaoke machine, Bailey would come to me and sit right at my feet or by my side (or in my lap if I was sitting on the floor) and act so thrilled that I was singing to her. She was my #1 fan just as I was of her!

It's also funny to think about how each time my partner or I got out of her sight, she would begin a cute little howl just until you peeked around the corner, out of the shower, over the stair rail, etc. to let her know you were just a few steps away from her.

I loved the idea of writing a special memory on seperate pieces of paper! I will definitely do that to help in my healing process!

Oh man, I just had to comment. Candy actually did the oposite, whenever I started to sing, she would start barking at me and run for the backyard. LOL!

God, I'm not THAT bad.

Man I miss her so much.

+Quote Post
Starbellied1975
post Aug 9 2008, 11:06 AM
Post #53

Member No.: 4,898

When I was 19 I broke my ankle so bad it required surgery. Every night I laid with my casted leg elevated in bed and my Angel would lay right next to it purring like she was trying to make it feel better.

You could hold a conversation with her. You'd say something like, "Hi Ang, how are you today?" and she would look at you as you spoke, like she was understanding what you were saying and she would meow back. Then you would say (for example) "oh that's good to hear, I'm doing well myself" and she'd meow back a few times. It would go on for as long as you would sit and talk to her.

She liked peanut butter. LOL... She loved yogurt... Oh man did she love American cheese! She used to purr so hard that her little body trembled when she was happy. wub.gif

My pretty girl...
Attached image(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
Omarmommy
post Aug 12 2008, 08:26 AM
Post #54

Member No.: 4,900

All my memories of Omar were fond memories. I was trying to think of 'one' but can't. He was like a human. He was bad...sweet...and funny. Even up until about May of this year he would get this burst of energy like he was a puppy again...run around the house sliding across carpet or wood floors...get himself caught up in a corner somewhere...put his butt up and bark like crazy...just to take off again. It amazed me because we knew he was sick...but he had so much energy. I miss him being out back after a rain, getting soooo muddy that I would have to carry him up to the bath...and hose him down. He hated water. He would tear out of the bathroom when he was done, and rub himself all over the carpet making this funny growling noise. He was just such a silly boy. I miss him so much.
Attached image(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
jds_mama
post Sep 5 2008, 11:35 PM
Post #55

Member No.: 4,951

wub.gif

We lost J.D. just this past Tuesday (9/2/08). He was a 12 year old blue heeler and one of the best dogs/kids anyone could ever ask for.

Me and my boyfriend were talking about how funny he was. When he was a puppy, people had told us to put him in a box with a clock to stop him from whining. Well, all J.D. wanted to do was nudge the clock with his little nose and whine louder. We'd have to put him in bed with us to calm him down. Almost 7 years ago, J.D. and Pitiful had their first littler of puppies (9 of them). John (my boyfriend) was working nights at the time and J.D. decided he needed to wake up and take care of the pups. J.D. very carefully picked up one of the babies, carried him into the bedroom and laid him on John's pillow. It was hilarious!!!

We miss him soooooooooooo much!!!!! sad.gif

+Quote Post
sunrize
post Sep 6 2008, 01:56 AM
Post #56

Member No.: 4,953

Attached Image This is my first post. My beautiful friend died 6wks ago today.This has been a very hard day for me. Her name was Lady Athena Bella. She had inoperable oral tumors. She and my parakeet,Kirty, were very good friends. It always amazed people how they loved each other.Kirty died 2yrs ago from a tumor too. He was 9yrs old and Athena was 12 yrs. I miss them both so much.They were quiet a pair. He could say Tina and would whistle for her.He even barked like her. He was an exceptional little friend. He could say so many phrases. I wish I could hear them now.

+Quote Post
shannon2183
post Oct 16 2008, 01:56 PM
Post #57

Member No.: 5,117

Attached ImageI just lost my Beautiful Min Pin Penny on Sunday. She was 4.

Man...what do I choose to write about??? Every time was a good time with Penny. Here's just a very brief list of the cute things about her, or the silly things she did:
  1. She loved it when you would blow in her face. She always gave us kisses on the face, but if you blew at her, she'd go crazy. Sometimes I would pull my face away, because she'd just be licking it like crazy, and she would take her little paw, and pull my face back.
    She was a mother hen. She would clean her little brother's eyes and ears. If he put up a fight, she would put her little paw on his head to hold him still. Before you know it, they'd be asleep in eachother's arms. That was a daily occurance.
  2. She had this little head that was no bigger than an apple. We used to call her Apple Head.
  3. She did something we called Tuck n' Run. She'd get so excited and start running, but her back legs would go faster than her front, so her little but would be tucked under as she ran
  4. She loved bubbles in the tub. She would lick them and paw at them.
  5. if you couldn't find her, she would be tightly curled in a blankie...one of many in the house
  6. She would wake me every morning at 5am...on the dot.
  7. She loved belly rubs. If we were lying on the bed reading, she would stand over our feet for her belly rub.
  8. She would flirt in the morning.
  9. If we put our hands under the blankie, she would attack them...and get so excited.
  10. She loved birds. If we said "where are the birds" no matter where we were in the house she would go to a window and look up.
  11. She knew sooo many words: Treat, hungry, walk, wickity (which we used to diguise walk, cuz she'd get so excited, but she figured that out too), Greenies, Cage, Birds, Daddy, Mommy, kisses, sit, roll over, lay down, and on it goes.
  12. To teach them to roll over, we used treats...so after a while, she would just start rolling around the floor over and over again thinking she'd get a treat.
  13. When she started walking really fast, she always veered off to the left.
  14. She would look at me out of the corner of her eyes sometimes when she was too lazy to lift her head..she was so gorgeous
  15. She kept the kitchen floor clean.
  16. Her feet would always slide on the kitchen floor, so she was nervous to walk across it..so she would run quickly from one rug to the next.
  17. She looovvved walks.
  18. She was a little lover. She would always comfort you and loved anyone who she meet...and they all loved her.
  19. In the bath, she always needed a toy. We'd give her a cap off of the shaving creme...and she'd go crazy...even dunk her head under the water
  20. After she pottied, she would kick the grass w/ her back legs.
  21. Sometimes she would tantrum by stomping her front feet, and do her moanies and groanies. Usually when I would tell her to potty, and she wouldn't have to go.
  22. She'd eat her whole meal in 10 seconds flat.
  1. If we started playing, such as wrestling, she'd run out of the room and come back with her favorite toy of the day...usually her monkey or froggie. If you told her, go get your monkey, she'd bring it, if you said, get your bally, she'd get it. She was amazing smart.
  1. If you said "Let's take a ride..." She would run straight to the door. Once you opened the car door she would jump right in. She was the BEST traveller.

*She loved the rain and the snow. She was born in Tucson, so we had a dirt backyard. But we're from Wisconsin/Minnesota, so when we'd visit family, she bounded around in the snow. She loved to run out in the rain. When it would thunder, she'd run so fast and look up at the sky. We just moved to North Dakota, and we were so happy to have a big grass yard they could run in, and she would get to have snow all winter. sad.gif

I could come up w/ hundreds. This just goes to show the tremendous joy and happiness our pets leave us with. I'll always have those memories.

I love you PenPen!

+Quote Post
Dianaa
post Oct 24 2008, 11:41 PM
Post #58

Member No.: 5,153

Shannon,

Penny reminds me of Yogi! What a darling, beautiful face.

Our I.G. Yogi was also such a funny nutball. She really did not like to be inconvenienced in any way-- which included her sleep. My hubby and I both love to gab with each other and whenever we dared talk too late at night--Yogi would suddenly let out this tremendously annoyed groan from under her blankets. It was like, "Can't you people see I'm trying to SLEEP here?" It was always so startling--like a neighbor had just pounded on the wall-- we'd hush up guiltily, and then start laughing.

Diana
Attached image(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
shannon2183
post Oct 28 2008, 10:29 AM
Post #59

Member No.: 5,117

I'm telling ya Diana, our girls are probably best friends right now! Penny would also get annoyed at bed time. In fact, she would make a loud sigh when we would move her or disturb her sleep. Or she would make a nest with her blankies...which took her forever -- she would scratch and bite and move them all around, then lay down, but noooo it was never quite right, so she'd start all over again. I remember ever night saying "ok pen...lay down!" and she would, then you'd hear her sigh. Her brother, Jax, is more the grump...he'll groan if you bug him (we call him grumpmeister).

Also, if it was bed time, we would say "night night" and they'd jump up in the bed. But then sometimes I'd start doing something else, and they would come and "remind" me it was bed time. Eventually they would give up and I would see my nicely made bed was all rumpled, because they burrowed under:)

I can't help but smile at Yogi's picture and your stories because it's just like my girl.
~Shannon

+Quote Post
goliath
post Oct 29 2008, 09:22 PM
Post #60

Should you ever disturb my Gidget while sleeping, you can count on getting a LQQK from her like this. laugh.gif

Attached Image

--------------------
Goliath and Gidget Pics
Happy Birthday Goliath
Goliath's Blessings
Browser Is Missing!
My Gidgie Girl

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:38 AM