12 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> It's A Tuxedo Girl, a new friend to comfort me over losing my Danny boy
DannysMom
post Sep 23 2012, 12:41 PM
Post #61

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 7,464

Miss Mindy loves feather teasers, but unfortunately she also always breaks them as they are not "Mindy-proof". She'll find a way to break off the feather thing and then she brings it to me to play with. I try to fix them, and yet she still breaks them. Sometimes she wedges them under the couch or under a table to see if she can get them back out. She likes solving "problems".

Last night I was looking for Shelley and so surprised to find her with Mindy on the "bug watch" downstairs by the door. They were sitting side by side, and Mindy was keeping an eye on the left side of the door while Shelley was guarding the right side. This is the first time I have seen them on bug watch together. Mindy is rather obsessed with it. She can sit there for hours, waiting for bugs to come in. She still is very fond of "her" green bag and likes to curl herself up in it.

Attached Image

--------------------
Danny: March 4, 2001 - December 28, 2011
Tina: October 27, 1997 - April 28, 2012

To live in hearts we leave behind is not to die.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Sep 23 2012, 03:28 PM
Post #62

Forum Moderator

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 4,861

Hi, DannysMom, thank you so much for sharing with us how you, your precious little Mindy and Miss Shelley are doing. Thank you for the wonderful picture of your precious little Mindy. She looks so contented and happy which is a tribute to you - - her Forever Mom -- and the loving care she receives.

I hope today is treating you and your precious girls kindly, DannysMom, and that each of you will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, and of your precious little Mindy and Miss Shelley. Please know you and your precious girls are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Danny and Tina.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------
In heaven's perfect garden there is no grief or pain, and all of God's creation join the angels' sweet refrain.

The most blessed way I have of knowing God's comforting love and grace is to look into the eyes and heart of God's creatures' sweet angelic face.

+Quote Post
xxForeverxx
post Sep 26 2012, 07:03 AM
Post #63

Member No.: 7,430

Oh my......you always know how to make me smile with your pictures. That is fantastic. She looks so......content rolleyes.gif

I bet they really are starting to work well as a team. In that photo she has her eyes slightly open as if she is saying "yes take a photo.....then rub my belly" laugh.gif

xxForeverxx

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Sep 28 2012, 05:56 PM
Post #64

xxForeverxx, I'm glad you enjoyed the picture. smile.gif It is one of my favorites. She does indeed look so relaxed, and I believe I did rub her tummy after I took the picture. Mindy often rolls over on the floor and allows me to rub her tummy. It is something I enjoy immensely and a tradition that started with my sweet Danny boy.

Miss Mindy and Miss Shelley had another spat where Shelley got a bit too aggressive for Mindy's liking (she wants to win the fights). First, Mindy hissed and growled and flattened her ears back, but Shelley just stood there and looked at her. Quickly, Mindy swatted Shelley's nose with her paw 4 times as if to say:"Take that!" Shelley flinched, but kept looking at Mindy as if to say:"Oh, yeah? Is that all you got?" Mindy just gave her a disgruntled look and walked away. She doesn't hold grudges though and always comes back to play with Shelley.

--------------------

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Oct 7 2012, 05:05 PM
Post #65

Here is a great picture of my sweet Miss Mindy that really shows off her beautiful golden eyes. Mindy is a gentle kitty girl who enjoys being petted. Lately she has surprised me with unexpected, quiet visits to sit on my lap. She enjoys sitting with me for as long as I let her. Mindy growls and hisses when Shelley jumps on her back, but she doesn't hold a grudge and always enjoys playing with Shelley. Their friendship continues to delight me and I so love seeing my "girls" play together.

Attached Image

Isn't she so beautiful with her little white socks and her white bib? smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Oct 8 2012, 03:24 PM
Post #66

Forum Moderator

Hi, DannysMom, thank you so much for sharing with us how you're doing and for this lovely picture of your beautiful Mindy. There's an oldie song that goes "you ought to be in pictures" - - your beautiful Mindy reminds me of that song. She is so photogenic.

I'm so glad your precious girls enjoy each other's company, as I know how much your cherish theirs. I am so glad you have your precious Mindy and Miss Shelley to share your earthly journey and they have you for their Forever Mom.

I hope today is treating you and your precious girls kindly, DannysMom, and that each of you will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, and of your precious little Mindy and Miss Shelley. Please know you and your precious girls are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Danny and Tina.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------
In heaven's perfect garden there is no grief or pain, and all of God's creation join the angels' sweet refrain.

The most blessed way I have of knowing God's comforting love and grace is to look into the eyes and heart of God's creatures' sweet angelic face.

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Oct 11 2012, 11:31 PM
Post #67

My girls are on the "night watch". I was fortunate to snap this picture. I so enjoyed seeing them together like this, side by side, sharing a window seat. Mindy and Shelley are so precious and I am so blessed to have them in my life. They are teaching me lessons about friendship and how good it is to have a friend.

Attached Image

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tom's Dad
post Oct 12 2012, 06:31 AM
Post #68

Member No.: 6,946

That's priceless smile.gif

--------------------
Nature's first green is gold
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf's a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Oct 12 2012, 02:24 PM
Post #69

Forum Moderator

Hi, DannysMom, ditto Tracy's observation -- this photo is priceless!! I know you will forever cherish this memory. Thank you so much for sharing your precious Mindy and Miss Shelley with us.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------

+Quote Post
madi
post Oct 14 2012, 07:20 AM
Post #70

Member No.: 6,207

So happy for you, I have a special place in my heart for tuxedo kitty cats. I lost my tuxedo boy 3 years ago now, he died tragically and it broke my heart.. Eleven months later I adopted another tuxedo boy and I knew once again what it was like to be happy.
Your Danny looked like a beautiful dear boy and your Mindy looks like a real cutie, just adorable. xx

PS, I adopted my new boy from a rescue home, which led me to fostering cats for that same home. I now have 4 adopted cats of my own, plus 6 foster cats and very close to being minus one husband. I also have 2 rescue dogs, so a pretty full, but loving house.

Luv Madi xx

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Oct 14 2012, 02:05 PM
Post #71

QUOTE (madi @ Oct 14 2012, 08:20 AM) *
So happy for you, I have a special place in my heart for tuxedo kitty cats. I lost my tuxedo boy 3 years ago now, he died tragically and it broke my heart.. Eleven months later I adopted another tuxedo boy and I knew once again what it was like to be happy.
Your Danny looked like a beautiful dear boy and your Mindy looks like a real cutie, just adorable. xx

PS, I adopted my new boy from a rescue home, which led me to fostering cats for that same home. I now have 4 adopted cats of my own, plus 6 foster cats and very close to being minus one husband. I also have 2 rescue dogs, so a pretty full, but loving house.

Luv Madi xx

Madi, I am sorry for the loss of your tuxedo boy, but so happy to know that you adopted another tuxedo boy. The Tuxes are indeed special cats, very loving and gentle, and so smart! smile.gif My Danny was a very happy, laid back Tux boy who loved getting his tummy rubbed and playing with feather teasers. Looking into his sweet, smiley face always warmed my heart. Mindy is just as sweet. She mostly talks in baby-like screeches, and she also loves getting her tummy rubbed.

How wonderful that you have adopted 4 cats as well as fostering 6 others plus 2 rescue dogs! smile.gif You do indeed have a full house, full of love! When Mindy and Shelley (my calico) snuggle with me at night I feel so loved and protected. They are my sweet, fur-covered little angels! smile.gif

Thanks for your post.

--------------------

+Quote Post
xxForeverxx
post Oct 19 2012, 11:07 AM
Post #72

That picture of them sitting together is really a fantastic picture. It shows you just how far they have come already on their journey. It's a photo you will look back on in years to come. Mindy has a very strong personality by the sounds of it and she wants what she wants but at the same time as she is such a caring cat that is why she doesn't hold a grudge long. Two very special kitties who haven't replaced and never will replace Danny and Tina they have just taken over the job of protecting you so Danny and Tina can have their next part of life running wild and playing with all the other fur babies up at the bridge.

xxForeverxx

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Oct 27 2012, 01:58 PM
Post #73

xxForeverxx, thanks so much for your kind words. It is always good to hear from you! smile.gif You are right in saying Mindy has a strong personality. Sometimes when we play and Shelley want to join Mindy runs her off by chasing after her. But she always likes grooming Shelley and playing chase with her.

I had thought hurricane season was over and we had dodged it, but here comes hurricane Sandy, taking aim at the East coast. So, this will be my first hurricane with Mindy and Shelley. We're already getting a bit of wind and rain here, and by Monday morning Sandy should be here. I can deal with the wind and rain, but I don't need any power outages right now. Be glad you don't have hurricanes in England!

I had to remove an overgrown claw sheath on one of Mindy's extra toes. I didn't know she had TWO extra toes on her left front paw, so I had always missed that one. It was almost cutting into her paw pad. I trimmed it real gently and then the whole sheath came of and exposed a clean, white claw. Mindy let out a small gasp, but she wasn't hurt. And she was so thankful that the thing was off. She seems more active now and scratches less. Of course, now I can't call her "OddPaw" any longer, but that's okay. She is still my "Mindy Goldeneyes". smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Oct 27 2012, 03:37 PM
Post #74

Forum Moderator

Hi, DannysMom, thank you so much for sharing with us how you and your precious Mindy and Shelley are doing. So glad you were able to get Mindy's nail taken care of. I can imagine how painful it would have been if that nail had begun to dig into her paw. Mindy is so blessed to have you for her diligent Forever Mom.

Hope you and your precious girls are safe from the effects of Hurricane Sandy. Have begun to hear about coastline evacuations along the VA shore on the news and wonder if you and your girls will also need to seek shelter on higher ground.

I hope today is treating you and your precious girls kindly, DannysMom, and that each of you will have a very safe, peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening, and that you will not be adversely affected by Sandy. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, DannysMom, and of your precious little Mindy and Shelley. Please know you and your precious girls are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Danny and Tina.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------

+Quote Post
xxForeverxx
post Oct 31 2012, 10:55 AM
Post #75

Hi DannysMom

I have seen the news over the last few days and how awful hurricane Sandy has been and is still being. I hope you are ok and Mindy and Shelley. Please let us know as soon as you are able to.

You saying about Mindy's two extra toes has made me think that maybe the little minx wanted a thumb so badly lol It is something that makes her Mindy though smile.gif

xxForeverxx

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Oct 31 2012, 01:18 PM
Post #76

xxForeverxx, thank you so much for stopping by and for your concern. You are very kind. Thankfully we never lost power during hurricane Sandy. I live in southeastern Virginia and we were really spared from the destructiveness of Sandy. We did have lots of wind and rain and it can somewhat wear you down hearing the constant howling of the wind and the rain lashing against the windows, but it is nothing compared to what people in New Jersey and New York went through. Mindy and Shelley slept more than usual during the hurricane. They were just real quiet. Apparently Sandy is the largest hurricane recorded on record to date. She was just so monstrous, over 700 miles wide.

I hope you are well. When is your baby boy due? I'm sure Pixie, Fudge, and Ellie will welcome him with open paws. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
xxForeverxx
post Nov 9 2012, 05:58 AM
Post #77

Hi DannysMom

I am glad to hear that you were not hit that badly. Mindy and Shelley probably new something was not right hence there quietness. At least they have a nice home to relax in with someone to look after them and cuddle them when they are scared.

Is the weather a lot better there now?

Our little boy is due on the 25th February. So I am almost 25 weeks. I actually watched a video online of my friends little girl the other night and the little girl was cooing away and all three of mine ran into the sitting room with their ears pricked up looking around, eyes dilated, as if to say there is an intruder in the home haha!

How is Mindy today?

xxForeverxx

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Nov 10 2012, 12:41 PM
Post #78

xxForeverxx, thanks so much for stopping by. The weather is better now, definitely. We had a bit of a nor'easter just this past week, but it wasn't too bad as most of it stayed off our coast.

That is so funny how your cats came running when you played the video of your friend's little girl. I'm sure they will do just fine with your little boy. It may take them a little while to get used to him, but they should be alright. It will be quite exciting for them I'm sure.

--------------------

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Nov 10 2012, 12:50 PM
Post #79

Miss Mindy gave me quite a scare this morning. I heard her cough and found her crouched low on the floor, trying to cough and she sounded very congested and it looked like she was having trouble breathing as it looked like her lungs were working real hard. It reminded me of Tina, and I got so scared and rushed her off the vet, crying all the way in the car and Mindy was meowing quite a bit.

Thankfully, the put her on oxygen right away, and they checked her out. Her lungs sounded fine, but the vet thought that her sinuses might be congested or that she could be having some acid reflux. They gave her a steroid shot to calm down the inflammation and gave me some carafate to give her twice a day to help soothe her throat. They also want me to try some Pepcid on Mindy to see if that helps. Her heart and lungs sounded fine.

The bad news is that she gained 1 whole pound since July and is now at 11.4 pounds. She has GOT to lose weight seriously! I suspect she eats most of Shelley's dry food in the morning, so I will give a bit less to Shelley. I'll just really have to restrict her portions and try to get her to play more to get her weight down. It really worries me.

I guess in hindsight maybe I overreacted a bit this morning, but I was soooo scared that something was seriously wrong with her and I didn't want to take any chances. I'm just so conditioned to expect the worst that I thought I was going to lose her like I lost Danny.

--------------------

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Nov 10 2012, 03:12 PM
Post #80

Forum Moderator

Hi, DannysMom, I can so understand your concern for your precious Miss Mindy. You did the very right thing in taking her to see her doctor, DannysMom. Upper Respiratory distresses - - whatever the cause may be - - can invade the lungs very quickly - - so you did the very RIGHT thing in getting your precious Mindy to her doctor before her lungs became involved.

I hope the medication will help your precious Mindy. I also understand your concern about her weight. You may need to feed them separately, if you're not already doing this.

I hope you and your precious girls are being able to enjoy the rest of this beautiful autumn day together, and that you and your precious Mindy and Shelley will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, DannysMom, and of your precious little Mindy and Shelley. Please know you and your precious girls are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Danny and Tina. Please let us know how your precious Mindy is doing.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 06:46 PM