8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hello Purszi, A new baby boy!
leejaye
post Sep 7 2011, 12:29 AM
Post #41

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 7,103

Hi moon_beam, Aaagh! The battle of the collar is lost! I got up this morning and not only no collar but another gouge on his face - I think he chewed on the collar and the plastic edge has scraped him, I felt the edge of the collar and it's quite rigid so I could see how it might have injured him. So that collar is in the bin, we are going back to the fabric break apart and I've decided to take it off him at bed time, since he seems to have these collar battles during the night...also, he is booked for THAT operation tomorrow, he has tried to have his way variously with my arm and Bandit (who stands completely still with the most confused look on his face when this hapens!), my little boy is growing up! Sob! So quickly! He has also been getting a bit rough with his play, so maybe the op. will calm that down a bit too...anyway, wish us luck!Hope all is right in your world my friend, sending snuggles to Noah, Leejaye
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Sep 7 2011, 04:38 PM
Post #42

Forum Moderator

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 4,861

Hi, leejaye, thank you so much for sharing with us how you and your precious Purszival are doing. So sorry that the "battle of the collar" continues. Sounds like a good idea to try removing it at night - - perhaps in time he will come to accept wearing it all the time. Part of any relationship is "compromise" - - and if your precious Purszival sees that you're willing to "give a little" then perhaps in time he'll "condescend" to wearing the collar all the time. Our feline furkids do tend to have an "independent" mind.

Not sure by the timing of your post if it is today, September 7, or "tomorrow" (September 8) that your Purszival is having his "manhood" surgery, but whichever day is the procedure I truly hope and pray that all goes well, and his recuperation is uneventful. Please do let us know how things go. And yes, this procedure should eliminate some of the "inappropriate" advances, much to Bandit's relief.

Hope life is treating you and your precious Purszival kindly. Please know you both are in my thoughts and prayers, and am looking forward to knowing how you both are doing.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------
In heaven's perfect garden there is no grief or pain, and all of God's creation join the angels' sweet refrain.

The most blessed way I have of knowing God's comforting love and grace is to look into the eyes and heart of God's creatures' sweet angelic face.

+Quote Post
leejaye
post Sep 7 2011, 07:06 PM
Post #43

Hi moon_beam, It's the morning of the 8th here and I dropped Mr Purszival off early for his operation - I can pick him up at 3 this afternoon. I know this is a really standard operation but a little bit of my brain didn't want to drop him off for it, I trust our vet implicitly, so I don't know where this feeling is coming from...just a bit of mum paranoia I think! I'll post again when I pick him up. Feline furkids definitely have very independent minds! This is part of the reason I've always loved cats in particular -I love all animals, but I've always been a cat girl! Thanks for taking the time again to catch up with me and Purszi, we really appreciate it! Snuggles to Noah and a huge hug for you Leejaye

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Sep 7 2011, 08:35 PM
Post #44

Forum Moderator

Hi, leejaye, it's always stressful when our furkids are undergoing medical procedures. This is another testimony to how much we love them - - how deeply we love them and want to protect them - - not wanting them to be in pain for any reason - - wondering if a part of them is afraid and not being able to be there to reassure them. You and your precious Purszival are in my thoughts and prayers, leejaye, and am looking forward to sharing your news that all is well.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------
In heaven's perfect garden there is no grief or pain, and all of God's creation join the angels' sweet refrain.

The most blessed way I have of knowing God's comforting love and grace is to look into the eyes and heart of God's creatures' sweet angelic face.

+Quote Post
leejaye
post Sep 8 2011, 12:06 AM
Post #45

Dear moon_beam, You always manage to articulate the thoughts behind the thought - thankyou!! I picked Mr Pursz up earlier than i thought, he's a little groggy but otherwise fine - I took him to see Bandit when we got back to mum's (Bandit seemed worried all the time Purszi was away at the vets! I don't know what he will do when we eventually go home...) and he wanted a game!! Sadly I had to tell them both "No", the vet recommended Purszi have a couple of days of Quiet Time while the little wounds heal...I hadn't thought about the mechanics of the operation and was forgetting the procedure is simpler than with girl cats (duh, of course), I was remembering Mischief's recovery from that operation, she was miserable, Purszi seems like he will bounce back pretty quickly...well, I'm off to spoil him some and see if he'll tolerate a longer snuggle while he is still a bit sleepy!! (He's such a little boy, not too keen on that mushy stuff!) Hope you had a pleasant evening with Noah and that tomorrow is a good day for you, hugs and purrs from Leejaye and Purszival

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Sep 8 2011, 05:42 PM
Post #46

Forum Moderator

Hi, Leejaye, thank you so very much for sharing with us how Purszival did with his surgery. I know you will be keeping a close eye on your precious Purszival during his recuperation. Be sure to keep watch for any swelling. Will he need any stitches removed next week?

Yes, I do so relate to your Purszival's being "not too keen on that mushy stuff!" My Noah will only allow a certain amount of "mommy mushy stuff" too. There are times when I wish I could pick him up in my arms and hold him when he's sleeping, but I know moving him would only wake him up and then the "mood" would be lost. So, I'm thankful for the moments he "permits" me to hold him.

I hope today is being kind to you and your precious Purszival. Again, I am so o o o o glad to know that he is home now and well into his recovery. Please know you and your precious little boy are in my thoughts and prayers. Please give your precious Purszival a hug from "auntie moon_beam", and I am looking forward to knowing how you both are doing whenever possible.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------

+Quote Post
leejaye
post Sep 8 2011, 07:13 PM
Post #47

Hi moon_beam, Mr Purszival looks pretty good this morning, no swelling or anything - i had to use some wound guard spray (a bitter licking deterrent) because he was trying to lick the wounds, I hope it didn't sting, he gave me a horrified look and ran away, although i was squirting a somewhat personal place, poor boy...no stitches to have out, so I just have to try to get him to relax and rest - a challenge!! I jokingly told him he shouldn't look so cute then I wouldn't want to cuddle him - he wriggled away, like you, I am so grateful for the snuggly moments he chooses to share, I'll pick my moment and give him his hug from Auntie Moon_beam! Hope you and Noah are having a lovely evening, take care my friend, Leejaye

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Sep 8 2011, 09:53 PM
Post #48

Forum Moderator

Hi, Leejaye, thought I'd stop by before shutting down this gizmo for the night - - it's 10:43 p.m., and tomorrow morning 6 a.m. will come around very quickly - - when it's time to begin the process of going to work another day. Thank goodness tomorrow is FRIDAY!!!

So glad your Mr. Purszival is doing well - - no swelling. When I have had to assist my furkids with their "personals" I have always told them that I was really not getting "fresh" with them - - but that mommy sometimes needs to "assist" in their "delicate" areas. Yeah - - good luck on getting him to rest and relax!! Your sweet precious boy is so blessed to have you for his Forever Mom.

I hope you and your Mr. Purszival are having a very peaceful and blissful evening, and that your day tomorrow will be filled with many wonderful and delightful moments. Please know you and your little boy are in my thoughts and prayers, and look forward to sharing your news.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------

+Quote Post
leejaye
post Sep 9 2011, 01:34 AM
Post #49

Hi moon_beam, 6am is an unpleasant hour - well, when it's followed with a day at work it is...hope you got a good sleep and Friday flys for you...Purszi has been yelling to go and play with Bandit so we had a supervised visit which ended when Bandit wanted to check out Purszi's wounds, mmm, so much for relax and rest!! Apart from being bored, Pursz is really doing quite well - the weather (which has been absolutley beautiful) turned cold and wet today, so it's a good day to keep him in anyway. He went outside before, I think it was the first time he has walked on wet ground, he was flicking each paw as it touched the ground, quite a funny dance!! Anyway my friend, hope your Friday is fantastic, snuggles to Noah and hugs from me Leejaye

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Sep 9 2011, 04:01 PM
Post #50

Forum Moderator

Hi, leejaye, it is now Friday evening here in Virginia, and it is the BEST time of the day for me because I am home with my precious little Noah for the weekend. I live for Friday evenings Monday through Friday.

So glad to know that your precious Purszival is doing well today. Yeah, most kitty kids - - no matter how big they are - -generally do not like getting their feet wet - - although there are a few exceptions to that like my Eli. For them it must be like it is for us when our shoes get wet in the rain - - walking on sloshy paws doesn't really sound appealing, does it?

I hope you and your precious Mr. Purszival will have a very peaceful and blissful evening, and a wonderful weekend whatever you do. Please know you and your little boy are in my thoughts and prayers, my friend, and am looking forward to sharing your news.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------

+Quote Post
leejaye
post Sep 10 2011, 04:05 AM
Post #51

Hi lovely moon_beam, Thankyou so much for taking some time from the precious hours you have with Noah at the end of the week - after being self employed for some time my circumstances have changed and I'm about to get back on the 9 to 5 treadmill, I have been so very fortunate having so much time with my boy, oh I'm going to miss him, on the other hand I know I will always have money for whatever he needs - like you, I suspect that I will find myself living for the weekend and at least I have the thought of him to get me through the days...I was really surprised at the wet foot flicking because, as I mentioned before, he is such a water kitty - I flicked the hose at him the other day and he came running to stand in the spray! You wouldn't even know that he had been for surgery, he's charging around on those big floppy feet just like usual - I think it will be ok to reunite him with Bandit tomorrow. Our room at mum's is outside the house and as soon as mum lets Bandit out in the morning he comes and knocks on our door (one solid rap) to come and see if Purszi can come out to play, mum suggested that when I start work I bring Purszi over here for the day so the boys don't get lonely, if I can work out the logistics I think this is a good idea, I had been worried about them missing each other when I finally go home...Hope you and Noah have the loveliest weekend hanging out together and relaxing before you have to face another week, sending huge hugs for both of you, Leejaye

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Sep 10 2011, 10:15 AM
Post #52

Forum Moderator

Hi, leejaye, I can so relate to what you say about Purszival's reaction to wet feet. Like your precious little boy, my Eli would romp and play in water too, get in the shower with me - - and yet - - when he was outside and it started to rain he would come lickity split into the house because he hated getting WET. Now, will you please tell me what the difference is??????? It made a HUGE difference to him, for sure!!!

I LOVE the idea of your mum doing "kitty day care" with Purszival. That would be totally awesome!!!! Not just for Bandit and Purszival - - but for your mum as well. If not every day, then maybe two days a week - - or whatever your schedule can manage. I hope all goes well with your new job. What job will you be doing?

I hope you and your precious Purszival will have a GRAND day with your mum and Bandit. Please know each of you are in my thoughts and prayers, leejaye, and am looking forward to sharing your news.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------

+Quote Post
leejaye
post Sep 10 2011, 07:54 PM
Post #53

Hi moon_beam, It's sunny again and Bandit and Purszi have been reunited! A good day already!! Mmm, the job - I've returned to my retail roots, nothing special, just a means to an end, I have to admit my main enthusiasm is the prospect of regular reliable income (even if it's not much) and knowing I can take care of Purszi - when the bee stung him I had to borrow money from my mother in law to take him to the vet, my mum paid for his operation,at least I had people who would help but I felt like such a loser and such a bad mum...I'll try to get some pics of the boys playing outside today and post them this afternoon! Hope you had a lovely evening my friend, snuggles for Noah please, Leejaye

+Quote Post
leejaye
post Sep 11 2011, 03:05 AM
Post #54

Here are some pics from this afternoon - I let Purszi off his lead so he and I and Bandit could play chasings! He discovered the frangipani tree, subsequently I had to climb it to get him out of the top (hardly climbing in this tree, but I don't know how many years it is since I climbed any tree!!) Purszi's favourite hangout to annoy Bandit is the bottom of the water feature in the middle of the pond - for the life of him, Bandit cannot work out how he gets on there and gives him this amazed look whenever he does!! Hope everyone had a lovely weekend, Leejaye

Attached Image Attached Image

Attached Image

+Quote Post
LoveMyMickey
post Sep 11 2011, 12:42 PM
Post #55

Member No.: 7,071

Oh leejaye...The pictures of Bandit and Purszi are sooooo cute! Bandit is looking at Purszi and saying, "where do you get all that energy?"........Purszi in the tree saying, "Mum, come and get me, you're still young."....And Purszi by the water looks like he's saying, "I'm king of this place and don't you forget it!"......Thanks for sharing the pics.

Leejaye, Congratulations on your new job. I hope it all works out well for you. The time with the boys will be even more precious.....You and all your family are in my thoughts and prayers.....Thinking of Angel Mischief too...

Hugs,

LoveMyMickey

--------------------
"Love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation."

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Sep 11 2011, 03:35 PM
Post #56

Forum Moderator

Hi, leejaye, thank you so much for sharing with us how you and your precious Purszival are doing. The pictures are WONDERFUL!!! Thank you so o o much for sharing them with us.

I do understand your desire for financial independence and stability, and I hope your new job will bring that to you and your precious Purszival. I hope today is treating you, your precious Purszival, your mum, and Bandit kindly. Please know you and your precious little boy are in my thoughts and prayers, along with all of your family, and always look forward to sharing your news.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------

+Quote Post
leejaye
post Sep 11 2011, 08:39 PM
Post #57

Hi moon_beam and LoveMyMickey, Glad you liked the photos - how much has Purszi grown??! He's getting the look of a real little cat (rather than kitten) about him. I don't start the job til next week so I'm living it up with my little man as much as I can this week, hopefully the weather stays nice so we can spend every day outside! Thinking of you both and hoping the universe is kind to you, hugs, Leejaye PS moon_beam, a hug for Noah for me?

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Sep 12 2011, 01:48 PM
Post #58

Forum Moderator

Hi, leejaye, enjoy this precious time with your precious Purszival. You will cherish it always. Hope today is being kind to you and your little boy. Please know you and your precious Purszival are in my thoughts and prayers, and always look forward to sharing your news. Thank your for the hugs for Noah, and please give your precious little boy a hug from "auntie moon_beam."

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------

+Quote Post
leejaye
post Sep 16 2011, 02:14 AM
Post #59

Hi moon_beam! Purszi, Bandit and I have pretty much spent the last couple of days outside, the weather has been beautiful - sunny, with the slightest breeze to take the edge off the heat. I had to do an online induction before I start this job, so I took the laptop out to the yard - I didn't get much done! I was too busy watching Purszi pull Ninja Cat Move # 364 - in his efforts to pursue Bandit I'm sure I saw a couple of modified somersaults - forwards and backwards (careful always to land in a defensive position!), some standing leaps with front paws raised, the sideways flying leap with extended front and back paws, and, possibly, a cartwheel. I don't know who gave him the Book of Ninja Cat Moves, but he has obviously studied it thoroughly! He waits until Bandit is distracted, looking at something (anything, Bandit being Bandit) then tears out with one of these crazy moves, gives Bandit a few slaps, then tears off into a hiding spot in a clump of shrubbery - I could watch it all day! You are so right moon_beam, these are precious memories we are making, I have been so fortunate...Well, I hope your Friday speeds by - I will be at a face to face induction course tomorrow (how much induction can a person do??!), Grandma and Bandit will be babysitting Pursz, wish them luck!! Snuggles for Noah please, and a bit of spare Sydney sunshine for you both, leejaye

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Sep 16 2011, 07:23 PM
Post #60

Forum Moderator

Hi, leejaye, it's always a blessing logging in to share your news. Your precious Purszival is quite the acrobat!! I can envision your Purszival going through all of his "moves" and poor Bandit - - "hey, what - - where did that come from?? Who did that?? Ohhhh -- okay Mr. Purszival - - just you wait - - hey - - that's not fair!!" Watching our furkids is more entertaining that watching the "stuff" on TV.

We could use some Aussie sunshine. We're only in the 60's here - - about 25 degrees cooler than normal, and it's cloudy. Definitely feels like autumn, and next week autumn will officially begin.

I hope you and your precious Purszival will have a very pleasant and blissful evening, and a wonderful weekend. As I give my little Noah his "auntie leejaye" hugs, please give your precious Purszival "auntie moon_beam" hugs. Please know you both are in my thoughts and prayers, my friend, and always look forward to sharing your news.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 07:56 PM