Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Site Rules and Courtesies
> Crying Over A Walk
LeoTheLion
post Feb 25 2012, 11:01 PM
Post #1

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 7,468

I lost my baby, Leo the Lion a Husky, at the beginning of this month, February 5. Leo and I used to go for 2 hour walks about 5 to 6 times a week (the 1 to 2 days I couldn't walk him I generally got someone else to walk him). Since his passing I haven't done a walk, but I need to train for a excavation that will deal with a lot of walking/hiking. I decided to ask my sister's boyfriend if I could walk his dog, another Husky named Bella (she is a dorky looking Husky, all gangly), because I don't like walking alone or with other people (they tend to slow me down). So I was calling him to tell him that I was going to take Bella for a walk, but as soon as the phone started ringing I started crying. Just the idea of taking another dog for a walk is heart breaking for me. Since I got Leo he was the only dog I walked and now that Leo is gone I kind of feel like I would betraying him because walks were our time (that and giving him my cheese from my food. Can't eat it, but he could and he loved it!).

The idea of going for a walk with another dog is not the only thing that bring me to tears, but it is the only one I can really justify the tears. (I stopped eating certain foods, stopped watching certain shows/movies and stopped going the certain places because they are what we used to eat or do together).

--------------------

Leo the Lion June 17,2008 to February 5, 2012

Buddy July 21, 2006 to June 7, 2013
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:26 AM