Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Welcome Tang, New Beginnings
moon_beam
post May 25 2011, 04:31 PM
Post #21

Forum Moderator

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 4,861

Hi, Tom, thank you so much for sharing with us how you and your fur tribe are doing. Isn't it great when a plan works - - like "Tang proofing" the recliner? When there is a little tyke in the household you do have to "furchild proof" to protect against potential hazards. You're doing a GREAT job, Tom!!!

And how precious that both your sweet precious Theresa and your precious little Tang were at the door greeting you. Communal nuzzles are wonderful, aren't they? I am so o o happy for you, Tom. Thank you so o o much for sharing your new family member with us.

Tom, I hope today is being kind to you and your precious furkids. Please know each of you are in my thoughts and prayers, and look forward to knowing how each of you are doing.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------
In heaven's perfect garden there is no grief or pain, and all of God's creation join the angels' sweet refrain.

The most blessed way I have of knowing God's comforting love and grace is to look into the eyes and heart of God's creatures' sweet angelic face.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tom's Dad
post May 25 2011, 08:01 PM
Post #22

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 6,946

Thanks all for the well wishes. Day 2 with no Tang under chair, so I guess I'm onto a working plan for that. Right now they are at separate ends of the hall engaging in a staring contest and nodding off LOL biggrin.gif

Hoping for a peacful evening and counting the hours till the holiday weekend. Peace all smile.gif

--------------------
Nature's first green is gold
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf's a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.

+Quote Post
LoveMyMickey
post May 26 2011, 12:00 PM
Post #23

Member No.: 7,071

Hi Tom's Dad...I'm glad your "Theresa and Tang" day went well. That's funny about the staring contest. biggrin.gif .......Looks like you'll have good weather for the holiday weekend, well deseved after all these storms.

Have a good afternoon and evening.

LoveMyMickey

--------------------
"Love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation."

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post May 26 2011, 02:57 PM
Post #24

Forum Moderator

Hi, Tom, thank you so much for sharing with us how you and your fur tribe are doing. Sounds like you are finding much joy in watching your precious Theresa's and Tang's antics, and I am SO O O O O happy for you. This is what your precious Sir Thomas wants for you, and I know he is grinning from ear to ear saying, "enjoy, dad - - I'm still with you, always and forever - - and thank you for giving Tang the gift of your heart, for he is a gift to you from me."

Tom, I do sincerely hope and pray that you, your precious Theresa, and your little tyke Tang will have a WONDERFUL holiday weekend. Perhaps sometime you will be able to share a picture of your furkids with us. Please know you and your fur family are in my thoughts and prayers, Tom, and will look forward to knowing how each of you are doing.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------
In heaven's perfect garden there is no grief or pain, and all of God's creation join the angels' sweet refrain.

The most blessed way I have of knowing God's comforting love and grace is to look into the eyes and heart of God's creatures' sweet angelic face.

+Quote Post
Tom's Dad
post May 26 2011, 07:48 PM
Post #25

Yes, I am also starting to think this was all Tom's doing. I beleive he found this little waif and led him to that vet nurse's house to lead him to me. It's coming up on 6 months now that Sir Thomas has been gone, and it's a bittersweet feeling indeed. But he's not really gone is he? He's there everyday watching over me , Theresa, and Tang. I think Theresa is starting to "play" with him the way she did Tom - takes little playful bats at him as he passes while she's on her side. I guess the real test will be to see if she starts to play "hide and ambush, then run" like she did with her big brother. Peace out smile.gif

--------------------
Her hardest hue to hold.
But only so an hour.
So Eden sank to grief,
Nothing gold can stay.

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post May 27 2011, 06:38 AM
Post #26

Member No.: 7,067

Hello Tom's dad

You are so right! Tom most definitely did send Tang-y to you. I think it's one way our spirit-animals take care of our hearts when they cross over. That they found us in the first place is nothign short of miraculous - and now they're somewhere - we don't know where but we know THAT - and still watching over our hearts just like they did when we could see them with our physical eyes. Thank you for sharing your wonderful saga with us. Hope you have some good times this long weekend.

Gretta's mom

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post May 27 2011, 10:35 AM
Post #27

Forum Moderator

"It's coming up on 6 months now that Sir Thomas has been gone, and it's a bittersweet feeling indeed. But he's not really gone is he? He's there everyday watching over me , Theresa, and Tang."

Hi, Tom, I know what you mean about the angel-versaries being bittersweet. In the beginning of our deep grief, it truly feels as though we are disloyal to our beloved companions for "continuing on" - - how can we possibly go about our daily lives WITHOUT the physical presence of our beloved companions who brought meaning and purpose to our lives? It feels so cruel, because our hearts are filled with such pain - - both emotionally and physically. As we continue in our earthly journey we slowly begin to realize that this is what our beloved companions want for us - - to continue on - - but not as an empty shell filled with sorrow and grief and guilt - - but to continue to be able to feel them with us in our hearts and our memories - - and with us in our daily routines just as they always were and always will be.

AND so that they can bring to our hearts NEW joys - - as your precious Sir Thomas has brought little Tang into your and Theresa's heart. AND knowing that your hearts will ALWAYS have a special place for only Sir Thomas - - Tang is not a "replacement" - - he will have, and already has - - his own special place in your heart that only Tang can fill. This, dear Tom, is what your precious Sir Thomas wants for you, and I am SO O O OO O O HAPPY for you and your precious Theresa.

Tom, thank you so very much for sharing your precious Sir Thomas, Theresa, and Tang with us. I hope you and your fur family will have a WONDERFULLY long holiday weekend, please know you are in my thoughts and prayers, and I will look forward to sharing how you and your fur tribe are doing.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tom's Dad
post May 27 2011, 07:50 PM
Post #28

Well, tomorrow I go back to Banfield with Tang to get him on a wellness plan and a check up to "officially" become his dad. He and Theresa and behaved quite well, all considered. Wish us luck smile.gif

--------------------
Her hardest hue to hold.
But only so an hour.
So Eden sank to grief,
Nothing gold can stay.

+Quote Post
kaylasmom
post May 28 2011, 11:43 AM
Post #29

Member No.: 7,099

Hi Tom's Dad,

Congrats on your new addition to the family! I read what you said about Tang and the balcony and I wanted to tell you that there is a balcony mesh wrap you can get in most baby stores. I used it when my son was small and we were in a second story condo. I left it up even after my son was larger because Kayla was such a little girl that she would "twine" herself around the balusters. Scared me a few times!

Here's hoping you have good balcony sitting weather and enjoy your long weekend with Theresa and Tang.

Shelby (kaylasmom)

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post May 28 2011, 02:33 PM
Post #30

Forum Moderator

Hi, Tom, congratulations on making your and Tang's adoption "official." This is such good news. I am so o o o very happy for you, your precious Theresa, and little Tang.

Hope each of you are having a good day, Tom. Please know you and your precious fur tribe are close in my thoughts and prayers and look forward to knowing how you're doing.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tom's Dad
post May 28 2011, 04:49 PM
Post #31

Thanks kaylasmoms, moon_beam. Well, he is doing just fine and is up to date on all his vaccinations. He won't need to be back until July, Theresa in December. They were kind enough to waive the registration fee as they had done with Theresa. Which is 54.00 I really didn't have extra to spend. I only had to pay the first months premeum on the wellness plan - 18.95 - I guess they just wanted to make sure he would get to stay in his new forever home, what ever it took. My thanks to them. He was hard to get in the carrier this morning. I think he thought I was "returning" him. Poor thing. I assured him that "You are not a defective toaster, little Tang, we are just going to make this official" He seemed to calm down after that, and the fact he already knew everybody at Banfield was good too. Both are safe and sound making Zs smile.gif

I thought about some kind of mesh for the balcony, but I'd need to check with the apartment manager first. Besides, he does not seem to be doing that anymore - just hangs is front paws out a little. Much safer for sure. Peace all.

--------------------
Her hardest hue to hold.
But only so an hour.
So Eden sank to grief,
Nothing gold can stay.

+Quote Post
LoveMyMickey
post May 28 2011, 05:16 PM
Post #32

Hi Tom's Dad....I am sooooo happy for you, Theresa, and Tang. I know Tom is up there somewhere smiling down on you all. I'm glad Tang checked out okay. That was nice of them to waive the reg. fee. We need all the savings we can get these days.

Thank you for sharing your little fur family with us and keep us updated. I hope you all have a safe and happy holiday weekend.

LoveMyMickey

--------------------

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post May 28 2011, 06:25 PM
Post #33

Forum Moderator

Hi, Tom, thank you so much for letting us know how Tang's check up went today. I am so o o thrilled that they waived the registration fee for you. That truly was very thoughtful of them. Our furkids do understand what we say to them, and I'm glad little Tang understood that it was just a visit - - not a "return".

Glad to know little Tang is settling in better on the balcony. Since the mesh would not be a permanent addition to the structure of the building I don't think your landlord would have any problems. But still you may be wise in checking with the management first.

I sincerely hope you, your precious Theresa, and little tyke Tang will have a very peaceful and enjoyable evening. Please know you and your fur tribe are in my thoughts and prayers, and look forward to knowing how things are going.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tom's Dad
post May 30 2011, 12:20 PM
Post #34

Well, it looks like my plans didn't work out sad.gif It's just too hot, and I'm worried that would not be good for Tang. He's been sneezing off and on and watery eyes here and there. I do know heartworms can cause resperatory issues, and extreme heat does not help. Plus the central AC has been acting up. The on call maint. tech was here yesterday and it started working after he reset the breaker for the ubit. I've had to do it often myself to "jump start" it (sigh) at the moment it's working, and he brought a window unit for the bedroom that I have on energy saver stand by. He said he's put a ticket in for tomorrow. So much for our holiday plans....

--------------------
Her hardest hue to hold.
But only so an hour.
So Eden sank to grief,
Nothing gold can stay.

+Quote Post
LoveMyMickey
post May 30 2011, 05:13 PM
Post #35

Hi Tom's Dad....I thought about this heat that it might be too hot for your and furbabies' plans today.....I hope Tang gets better from the sneezing and watery eyes. Maybe he is allergic to something. Anyway I hope he is okay.....I also hope the AC problem gets fixed.

Thank you for sharing your adventures with your furbabies with us. You, Theresa, Tang, and Tom are always in my thoughts and prayers.

Have a cool evening.

LoveMyMickey

--------------------

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post May 31 2011, 04:05 PM
Post #36

Forum Moderator

Hi, Tom, thank you so much for sharing with us how you, your precious Theresa, and your little Tang are doing. The old saying goes, "The best laid plans of mice and men". Still, you and your fur tribe are together, and that's all that really counts.

I was thinking the same thing as our good friend LoveMyMickey -- that Tang may have allergies - - which are worse during hot weather, as well as other health issues like heartworms. So, the best thing is to stay inside and find "fun" stuff to do together. I hope your "super" is able to fix your AC so that it works properly without any "jump starting".

Tom, I hope today is being kind to you, your precious Theresa, and little Tang, and that each of you will have a peaceful and COOL evening. Please know you and your fur tribe are in my thoughts and prayers, Tom, and look forward to knowing you're all doing.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tom's Dad
post Jun 1 2011, 06:18 AM
Post #37

We stayed inside and did our best to stay cool. They were here again yesterday and did some more work. AC seems to be working OK so far.

--------------------
Her hardest hue to hold.
But only so an hour.
So Eden sank to grief,
Nothing gold can stay.

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Jun 1 2011, 02:09 PM
Post #38

Forum Moderator

Hi, Tom, glad to know you have cool air blowing to keep you and your fur tribe comfy. It is very hot - - unseasonably hot - - here in Virginia with temperatures in the 90's. I finally bit the bullet and turned on the AC to the upstairs unit on Monday, and am very glad I did. Little Noah is much more comfortable - - after all he is wearing a fur coat. The basement living quarters in naturally cooler, and since cold air sinks, the air from the upstairs AC unit helps to cool the basement as well. I use a fan to circulate the air. I do have a separate heat pump / AC unit for the downstairs but will only use it as an absolute last resort - - can't afford the extra electric cost unless it is an absolute necessity.

Hope today is being kind to you and your precious Theresa and your little Tang. Please know you and your fur kids are in my thoughts and prayers, Tom, and look forward to knowing how things are going.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------

+Quote Post
LoveMyMickey
post Jun 2 2011, 10:56 AM
Post #39

Hi Tom...I hope you and your sweet furbabies are still keeping cool, and that Tang is doing better with his sneezes.
It has been unseasonably hot here too, in the capital city. But today is a little better, getting in the lower 80s.

You and your furbabies are always in my thoughts and prayers. Keep us updated when you can.

God Bless..

LoveMyMickey

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tom's Dad
post Jun 2 2011, 07:54 PM
Post #40

Thanks moon_beam, LovesMyMickey

AC has been working better than ever so far. They are leaving the window unit foir a while just in case. Good thing too because Saturday is supposed to heat index of 100 - Tang and Theresa are starting to get used to each other. Tang is starting to "talk" more (poor pitiful meow, but God love him he tries) He continues to keep me company getting out of the shower and chatting with me. Theresa quit sleeping in the bed for a while and was holed up in the spare bedroom at night. I've been keeping that door closed now, and low and behold both my babies were in the bed on either side of me this morning! I guess I no longer have a side of the bed and and am relegated to the middle wink.gif

Tom's 6 month angelversary is coming up next week. More on that later, I'm trying not to think about it sad.gif

--------------------
Her hardest hue to hold.
But only so an hour.
So Eden sank to grief,
Nothing gold can stay.

+Quote Post

358 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »