Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Dogs With Sarcomas--a Question?
ladywolf
post May 8 2010, 08:42 PM
Post #1

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 6,254

Hi--

Ladywolf and I are well-known on the Death and Dying Pet Support section of this forum. She is dying slowly of one or more sarcomas--I don't know what kind--on the inside of one of her back legs. The tumors are subcutaneous--there's one I can feel and the other has just caused her leg to swell up terribly. But she still has a good quality of life, so she is still with us...

Here's my question. The tumors are on the INSIDE of her right hind leg, but for the first time today, I noticed some seeping of pus-y stuff on the OUTSIDE of her leg, where there is no tumor. I have cleaned it off and trimmed the hair really short, and I can't find an open wound, but the area goes on seeping.

Does anyone have any experience with anything like this? It looks for all the world like a puncture wound or something else NOT related to the tumors, but try as I may, I can't find a wound. It's just seeping out onto her fur.

It's Saturday night, of course--no way to take her to a vet, and I probably wouldn't anyway, since it seems minor. I just wonder if it is the harbinger of something worse to follow?

Any similar experience, I would appreciate hearing. Or words of comfort...

Big hugs--

Margi and Ladywolf
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post May 9 2010, 11:48 AM
Post #2

Forum Moderator

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 4,861

Hi, Margi, keeping the "wound" clean is good, which you already know. There are some types of tumors that get really nasty in the last stages, so this could be the first "sign" of that happening. I wish you could take your precious girl to a vet - - a compassionate vet - - for an evaluation at this point. A vet who could give you answers and advice as to what to expect now and how to help Ladywolf through the process.

I hope someone who has had this experience can read your post and give you some better information and comfort. I have done an initial internet search but haven't come up with anything yet.

Margi, please keep us posted as to how things go for both you and your precious girl. She is always a "good" wolf.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------
In heaven's perfect garden there is no grief or pain, and all of God's creation join the angels' sweet refrain.

The most blessed way I have of knowing God's comforting love and grace is to look into the eyes and heart of God's creatures' sweet angelic face.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 11:06 AM