IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Clint And Charles, Heavens, we are up to 12 cats now!
Ken Albin
post Dec 27 2010, 11:56 PM
Post #1

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 854

About 10 weeks ago I got a call from a former coworker at school. Her neighbor had found 3 kittens living in a backhoe cab in their back yard. She only wanted to keep one cat and, the usual story, was going to dump the other two cats at a kill shelter. The shelter already told her they were full and if she brought them in they would be euthanized. She knew I rescued cats and I suppose some sense of guilt drove her to ask me if I could help try to find them a home before she dumped them. I ran up with a carrier and took them home with me. Of course they instantly bonded with me and we kept them. They are two bundles of energy who love to chase each other and play. Clint and Charles get along great with the others here and give the older cats lots of exercise! laugh.gif Charles is on the left in the photo.

Ken Albin

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------

Daddy Cat left this world at the age of 17. His tribute page is at Daddy Cat's Tribute Page
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
janika
post Dec 28 2010, 07:02 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 6,120

They are gorgeous Ken, and I know that they will both have a wonderful life with you and your extended family. Please keep us posted, and more pics when possible.

Jan and my Angels and Pixie x

+Quote Post
Flossie's Mom
post Dec 28 2010, 09:44 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 5,211

I have my hands full with two so cannot imagine 12 Ken.

The one we added, Tango, looks much like your two new additions. He is a huge thing, 22 pounds after losing about 8 pounds, and likes to throw that weight around. I kept him away from the dog & cat for about 3 weeks and every time they did happen to be in the same area he would hiss like mad. Still does when the mood strikes him!

Cannot even imagine trying to deal with 12 if any are like this guy. He is a very nice cat but I think he needs a home by himself. Time will tell I guess & we will add 2 more and a dog in late spring....... guess I'll be asking your advise when that happens.

You are a Saint to help all these poor cats & kittens. I admire anyone who is willing to help save them from whatever fate may have dealt them. It's a wonderful thing you are doing.

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Dec 29 2010, 05:33 PM
Post #4

Forum Moderator

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 4,861

Hi, Ken, congratulations on your new furkids Clint and Charles. Your home reminds me of the Mother Goose story of the old lady and the shoe - - or something like that - - always room for one more. In fact, there is a movie with Cary Grant called "Room for One More" - - great "oldie" movie.

How blessed Clint and Charles are to have found their niche with you and their new fur siblings. May you, Clint, and Charles have a long, healthy, and happy life together. Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful news with us.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------
In heaven's perfect garden there is no grief or pain, and all of God's creation join the angels' sweet refrain.

The most blessed way I have of knowing God's comforting love and grace is to look into the eyes and heart of God's creatures' sweet angelic face.

+Quote Post
katzen11
post Dec 31 2010, 06:09 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 3,125

welcome
Clint and Charles wub.gif

beautiful sweet catboys
You did the right thing, adopting Ken as Your dad biggrin.gif

yes, I do like those good news too