Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Twister
Dusty Moonrise
post Aug 19 2010, 11:49 AM
Post #1

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 5,909

Had to share with all how well Twister is doing...hard to believe that I found him just last April, as he is well over 50 lbs. and growing! Finally had to put in a new pet door. May have been better to have just hinged the bottom half of the door, eh? Haven,t found a new bed large enough yet, just spread a blanket out next to my bed. (Yeah, right, Dad, like I'm gonna sleep on that!). Most of the times, he sleeps draped over my legs! You can get the feeling back in your feet after awhile! Sorry I haven't commented on others' posts, just haven't had time for much besides work lately! Thanks to ALL who have shared stories and pics of their "newbies"!

Andy

"Jus too big for my bed!"
Attached image(s)
Attached Image

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cheryl83
post Aug 19 2010, 03:21 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 6,508

I love this picture. Thanks for sharing and making me smile smile.gif

--------------------
It broke our hearts to lose you, but you didn't go alone,
For parts of us went with you ... the day God called you home

My beautiful Angel, Daisy - I will love and miss you forever xx

+Quote Post
Dusty Moonrise
post Aug 20 2010, 08:00 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 5,909

QUOTE (Cheryl83 @ Aug 19 2010, 03:21 PM) *
I love this picture. Thanks for sharing and making me smile smile.gif

thnx, Cheryl...the great thing about "newbies" is that they can make us laugh while at the same time crying over lost ones. Thanks to the person(s) who saw the necessity of adding this forum in addition to the ones dealing with loss and grief. Too many times I hear the comment "I'll never have another..." yet the ones saying this have no idea how much of a balm to a grieving soul a new friend can be! As a child, and as an adult, I read Dr. James Herriot's books, and his advice was to immediately get a new pet. While this may not be appropriate advice for everyone, I do feel that people need to open their hearts to other pets, when they feel it is time. Heaven knows, I didn't mean to bring in another dog, having already gotten a Jack Russell Terror shortly after Bitsy, but my heart went out to this little fuzzball of a puppy so obviously lost! Although, I don't know exactly what happened to the "little" part! Thnx also for your comment on my other post! Bless you!

Andy

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 07:22 AM