3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mr. Jingles, Barn Kitty from the Rez
Jon730
post Nov 22 2008, 08:55 AM
Post #21

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 4,585

This guy is gorgeous! He sounds like he really has that Siamese personality...and still looks like he is spending a lot of time at the gym.

"Robust" and "Siamese" do not aways happen in the same package. I hope your Hunk gives you decades of joy!

--------------------
Miles, my friend and Cat-Wife. 3-11-2008
The Sweetest Cat in my Universe.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Flossie's Mom
post Nov 22 2008, 02:25 PM
Post #22

Member No.: 5,211

I agree Jon with your assesment of Mr. Jingles............

He has personality plus and is quite the hunk. He was tiny when I got him but felt like he was a strong little thing right from the beginning. Hence the membership to the local gymn. Wanted to be sure he remained buff.

I just know he is my new "love connection" pet. My black cat named Doofus (AKA Damnit!!!) had a personality like Jingles. Not afraid of the devil himself. He hid in the bushes & jumped out as dogs as they walked by our house when very young. Our neighbor called him Rambo.

Our daughter thinks I now have another spoiled brat who only has eyes for me. But he also has eyes for WeeBee as seen in one of the pictures I've attached.

First picture is how short those long legs were the day we got him. Collar was so big it went around his neck twice but we can't even get it on anymore.

Next one is with his best buddy WeeBee. He has to give her a good cleaning every day and sometimes several times a day.

Will post a picture of him trying to make friends with our daughter's Maine Coon......... the Maine Coon is 13 & just lost his lifetime cat companion 3 weeks ago. He's been very lost without her so we hope the two will become buds in a couple of days.
Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image

+Quote Post
Flossie's Mom
post Nov 22 2008, 02:29 PM
Post #23

Mr. Jingles trying to become best friends with Fat Boy.

Fat Boy lost his lifelong companion 3 weeks ago and has been pretty much hidden out under the bed or in a closet.
Attached image(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
katzen11
post Nov 23 2008, 01:49 PM
Post #24

Member No.: 3,125

QUOTE (Flossie's Mom @ Nov 22 2008, 08:25 PM) *
WeeBee. He has to give her a good cleaning every day and sometimes several times a day.

that photo is just too cute
thank you for sharing smile.gif
Mr.(handsome)Jingles, FatBoy, WeeBee
remembering your beloved Flossie
Eva

--------------------
in loving memory of my sweet babycat Felice
+ 8 december 2006

+Quote Post
Flossie's Mom
post Nov 29 2008, 08:43 AM
Post #25

A follow up on the comment about Jingles' long legs.........

His tail is about the longest I've seen on a cat.... just measured it & it is over 12 inches long.... this cat is just over 7 months old so we are wondering just how big he'll get. We noticed the big paws & long tail when we first got him. He got very lanky as he grew so fast and is now beginning to really fill out. Need to get him a Bow Flex so he can stay in shape rolleyes.gif

He sure likes to groom himself. Guess when you are this handsome you've got to spend time to keep yourself up wink.gif
Attached image(s)

+Quote Post
LoveThem
post Nov 29 2008, 05:35 PM
Post #26

Member No.: 3,876

Thanks for the pictures. He is so gorgeous..front, back..with tail...just all over.

I really like the earlier picture of him with Weebee...now that is a priceless picture.

You have a lovely family.

Hugs to them all. I know your Angel Flossie is wagging her tail like crazy on her cloud...at seeing how everyone is blending together. Remember..unconditional love is truly unselfish and that is why she can wag her tail.....like crazy.

Judy

--------------------
LITTLE GUY - May 28, 1991 - Sept 10, 2007 - Always in my Heart.
His story: Section D&D: How do I stop crying? and also... My Boy is Gone Forever.

+Quote Post
Flossie's Mom
post Dec 4 2008, 09:43 PM
Post #27

Pork Rinds anyone? Then a nap!!

Attached image(s)

+Quote Post
Jon730
post Dec 5 2008, 08:33 AM
Post #28

Member No.: 4,585

Haha! Look at all the teeth dents in that cover! Determination! Did he succeed?

I logged on to tell you I met a cat who looks like him yesterday! I visited someone and they had a Siamese mix with his colors.
But Chloe was a somewhat plump female, and not quite the strong hulk he is.

She was a great cat, though and a real spoiled charmer.
I regret not bringing my little camera. It usually resides in my belly bag (Called a "Purse" by some friends of mine..ugh..) but was left behind on the charger.

--------------------
Miles, my friend and Cat-Wife. 3-11-2008
The Sweetest Cat in my Universe.

+Quote Post
Flossie's Mom
post Dec 5 2008, 10:38 AM
Post #29

He did not succeed as I took it away............ he rolled that tub around the living room & tried every angle possible.

We keep thinking he is a dog in cats' skin. His favorite thing is playing with WeeBee and throwing her down (or himself to get a good hold underneath & dig her belly with his hind "hands").

I have every idea when he stops growing and SLOWS down he will fill out. Then WeeBee better watch out.

He loves pompoms but WeeBee gets them & tears them up as fast as she can. So we got him a good supply.......... WeeBee even got ahold of 2 at a time one day with one sticking out each side of her mouth.

Take your "purse" next time to get a picture of his plump look alike. Would love to see her.
Attached image(s)

+Quote Post
Flossie's Mom
post Jan 28 2009, 12:36 PM
Post #30

I have just figured out how Jingles voted in the last election................ he has been mum on his political affiliation..................

He had just jumped on his favorite TV watching perch.... right in front of it... up close & personal..... I had Fox News on and one of the graphics swirled out from a small circle to fill the entire screen as some loud sound effects blasted out and he litterly flew backwards onto the floor as if he'd been attacked & stood there staring at the screen for a long time.

I'm convinced he's a Democrat and afraid of Fox News. Had this kind of a look on his face............ Where is the camera when you really need it?

Oh, well, he is now helping with some cleaning.....................
Attached image(s)

+Quote Post
myhrtisbrkn
post Jan 28 2009, 04:14 PM
Post #31

Member No.: 2,048

He's just gorgeous, Ginger. He reminds me very much of my beloved Siam-max, "Fleas" ( although he was a seal-point). He was a big boy with big personality. Sorry to hear Jingles suffers from Fox news phobia. laugh.gif

Dayna

--------------------
"You in heaven...be aware. When my day comes I will be there. Then open your gates and you will see....on wings you gave, they'll fly to me"

Blessed is he who has earned the love of an old dog.

Rescue one, until there are none!

+Quote Post
Flossie's Mom
post Jan 28 2009, 06:18 PM
Post #32

Thanks Dayna........... I think he's gorgeous too! And his personality matches. This cat pretty much gets away with anything & everything.

When my neice handed him to me I fell immediately in love with him. He was beautiful then and so strong I couldn't believe it. Smart cat too. My last cat was a beautiful cat but that is the only thing she had going for her. I'd not had a cat in about 2-1/2 years when we got him. Mostly because we had Flossie that really was a round the clock care for me and we knew we'd be traveling. Cats do not always travel so good I've found. I'm going to get him one of those walking jackets for our trip this summer. He did good on a leash but I'm not walking him here as I think he'd want out after that and he's pretty quick. Ran down the stairs once & right out the door before I knew he was there. Hasn't tried that for a long time.

He is such a people cat and so adaptable. Has to be whereever the action is. Be it the kitchen (might miss food you know) the living room or the bathroom.

Rides in a car so good it amazes me. He made 1 trip over 1,000 miles round trip and then traveled over 2,500 miles one way with us. When we stopped at our son's for a visit, he marched right in & inspected the entire house like he was going to live there.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image

+Quote Post
myhrtisbrkn
post Jan 28 2009, 06:38 PM
Post #33

Ginger,

Fleas used to travel by air ( underneath my seat ) with me between Austin and Amarillo, when I was in college. We usually had about a 3 hr lay-over in DFW. airport. I would get him out of his carrier and hold him in my lap. He would be every bit as calm and relaxed as if we were at home snuggling on the couch. He would draw a crowd of admirers, including the security people who inspected him and his carrier before boarding. People often asked me what tranquilizer I gave him, and were incredulous when I told them he was always like that.

Sounds like my Fleasy and your Jingles had much in common...including being very loved.

Thanks for the beautiful pics. of your amazing boy. wub.gif
Dayna

--------------------
"You in heaven...be aware. When my day comes I will be there. Then open your gates and you will see....on wings you gave, they'll fly to me"

+Quote Post
LoveThem
post Jan 29 2009, 01:42 PM
Post #34

LOVE YOUR PICTURES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and STORIES!!!!!!

Please keep them coming.....................

Especially him riding the mop to "help". Now he sounds like my rescue kitty, Lucky...a nose in everything!

Judy

--------------------
His story: Section D&D: How do I stop crying? and also... My Boy is Gone Forever.

+Quote Post
Flossie's Mom
post Feb 3 2009, 11:50 PM
Post #35

New game at our house................ Jingles loves to jump high in the air and do all kinds of fancy twists & turns so I gave him a real workout this morning. He finally stretched out panting and looked like he had really accomplished something................ then passed out! I cannot believe how high he jumps and throws himself like a rocket sideways sometimes. He flew into the glass doors on an antique curio cabinet & never missed a beat..... bounced off it & kept on going!
Attached image(s)

+Quote Post
myhrtisbrkn
post Feb 4 2009, 12:44 AM
Post #36

It never ceases to amaze what athletes cats are. And they almost look innocent when they are asleep, don't they. laugh.gif

He's beautiful, love the pics!

Dayna

--------------------

+Quote Post
LoveThem
post Mar 2 2009, 09:11 PM
Post #37

Looking for update photos of this boy......

I looked at all your pictures again just now and each one made me smile bigger.

That one of him riding in a car...wow he is so good to just lie there.

Lucky likes to ride too but he enjoys being in a box so he can't look out the window like Mr. Jingles is doing.

Really great pictures. I always come here for smiles. You made my day today.

Judy

--------------------

+Quote Post
Flossie's Mom
post Mar 3 2009, 07:30 AM
Post #38

OK Judy, I only have a couple of new pictures................... We have another new trick lately.

One day I had the drawer to a small china cabinet open to look for something (kind of the "catch all" drawer) so of course Jingles had to get in there & see what was there. I had some halloween glow in the dark stick on things in there... mouse, bat, spider etc. He, of course, found the mouse & was out of there!!!!!!!!!!!! He batted it around the kitchen till it went under the stove. I got a yardstick to get it out and there I found two more of his mice! Well, let me tell you, it only took that one time of the yardstick for him to figure out I could now retrieve his mice when he lost them. All this time I thought he was trying to clean under the stove while it was his mice under there.

Now he lays by the stove looking pittiful and when I even REACH for the yardstick he is wild eyed and meowing like crazy. Something he only does if I go outside & walk the dog or get out the yardstick. He is a quiet chirping cat. Even if there is no mouse under the stove & I reach for the yardstick, he thinks there is one for me to get out & heads for the stove meowing as loud as he can.

He gets so excited and is poised at the corner ready to leap on this mouse as I drag it out and sometimes pounces before I get it clear out & bats it right back under there. I put them up a lot as the dog grabs them every chance she gets & tears them to pieces. So Jingles "goes shopping" in my hiding places when I'm not looking & gets them out. He knows where they are and no matter how high I put them he goes after them. He went "shopping" the other night about 4 times while I was upstairs even though hubby was using the spray bottle to get him off the tall cabinet. Must be a stubborn Siamese.... is that an unusual trait for Siamese?

Even though I miss my Flossie like crazy, I must admit that this cat has really got me wrapped around his big paw! We're not sure of his date of birth, but judging the time frame that his Mom brought him up to the house from under the outbuilding and when he was able to be neutered, I have decided to "assign" him Flossies birthdate. She would have been 18 on the 15th of this month so Jingles will be 1 year old on that date. That should make the date a double reason to celebrate. I had so much wanted Flossie to make it to that date and she sure gave it a try. I know I could have selfishly hung on to her longer, but it would not have been fair to her. She had endured enough over the years so to live longer with her body tired and failing would have been extremely selfish and almost cruel. She gave so much and asked so little it was the least I could do for her.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image

+Quote Post
LoveThem
post Mar 3 2009, 12:23 PM
Post #39

Great pictures and great story. I got Lucky a mouse that I could make run with a remote control but it doesn't work at all and then I looked it up online and everyone that bought one said..don't buy it, it doesn't work. I got it in a local store so I didn't know that but I have the receipt. Lucky loves to bat balls around, small soft ones and golf balls. He is a whizz at batting them under the coffee table and runs around knowing they will come out the other side, if not, he lies just like Mr. Jingles in that picture and gets it out with his paw.

You wondered about being stubborn...Lucky is very much that way...won't listen until he sees us actually get up and head for the squirt bottle....then he listens. Don't have any answers to get more cooperation from him.

Thanks for the update. I really enjoyed it.

Judy

--------------------

+Quote Post
Flossie's Mom
post Mar 11 2009, 07:53 AM
Post #40

Mr. Jingles has a full time job and takes it seriously................. WeeBee gets a daily "facial" as hubby calls it. More than a facial when he gets insistant about it. WeeBee doesn't object and sometimes even goes up to him & lays down with her face/neck right in his face so that he knows it is time wub.gif
Attached image(s)

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 08:20 PM