2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bonnie
BonniesMom
post Sep 8 2011, 09:03 PM
Post #1

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 7,247

In memory of my Bonnie Lou, May 29, 1999-July 30, 2011.
The sweetest girl in the world who only wanted to be where I was. She has my heart forever.
Attached image(s)
Attached Image

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bobbie
post Sep 8 2011, 09:18 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 7,068

Dear Bonniesmom,

What a sweet, darling, lovely girl! And Bonnie Lou is a perfect name! We know that she is in that Perfect Place over the Rainbow bridge, feeling fine and waiting for Mom to arrive. Meantime, she has a million new friends to keep her company.

Peace and blessings to you, also!
Bobbie

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post Sep 11 2011, 07:35 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 7,067

Dear Bonnie's mom

Those eyes, that beautiful soft coat - Bonnie is a big angel in a tiny body. How she must have brightened your life while she was here on earth. How she is waiting to "just be with you" - forever this time - in the Perfect World to come.

Blessings and peace,

Gretta's mom

+Quote Post
BonniesMom
post Sep 16 2011, 03:01 PM
Post #4

Thanks for the comments about my little girl. I really miss that sweet face.

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post Sep 21 2011, 06:43 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 7,067

Good morning Bonnie's mom

Just stopping by to say again how BEAUTIFUL MS Bonnie is and what a friend she IS - not was - because our soul-mate animals have just disappeared for a while and we WILL be reunited one day in the Perfect World. She still just wants to be where you are - and she is - but we humans just can't see them for a while.

Have a good day.

Gretta's mom

+Quote Post
BonniesMom
post Sep 29 2011, 11:38 AM
Post #6

Thank you, Gretta's Mom!

I haven't had a chance to check in for a few days. Have been doing some extra work lately. I still think of my Bonnie whenever I take my other little girl outside to play, or when we sit on the couch at night to watch TV, or when we cuddle on the bed. It's like a big hole in the world where she used to be. You wouldn't think somebody so little would have taken up so much space but her spirit was HUGE and filled with love. She will always be her momma's little girl. Can't wait until the day I see her again.

+Quote Post
LoveMyMickey
post Sep 29 2011, 12:32 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 7,071

Hi Bonnie's Mom...Bonnie Lou is so cute...I hope you're doing better, but I know what you mean about so many things reminding you of your sweet Bonnie.......I get this big empty feeling too when I look around and see Mickey's favorite spots in the house and looking out in the big back yard where we would take walks and say hi to the neighbor's dogs through the fence......It will be a glorious day when we all can be with our precious babies again.....God Bless..

LoveMyMickey

--------------------
"Love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation."

+Quote Post
BonniesMom
post Oct 7 2011, 11:22 AM
Post #8

I am missing you so much this week, Bonnie! I miss having you following me everywhere I go, your sweet little doggy kisses, holding your warm little furry body and having you look at me with all the love in your eyes. I still can't believe you're gone! Twelve years wasn't long enough. Every time I go to the vet to pick up something for your sister I think of you and all the drives we took for all your doctor's appointments, and how you'd sit so quietly in my lap like a good little girl, and how you'd sneak and give me a doggy kiss every now and then while I was driving. It seems unreal that you're not in the car with me. Your daddy and your sister miss you very much too. I can't wait for the day I see you again. Until then, keep having fun and enjoying your new life.

+Quote Post
BonniesMom
post Oct 17 2011, 12:08 PM
Post #9

My Sweet Girl:

I had a little cry over you this morning. I found a package on the front porch from the cremation people. It was a certificate of cremation and a little sad poem. You were cremated August 1 so I have no idea why I just now received this, didn't even know I was supposed to get a certificate. It was unexpected and the poem made me cry for a few minutes.

Thinking of you all the time. Your sister is such a funny girl. I think she is turning into you in some ways. She's become my shadow just like you used to be. Maybe you told her to take extra good care of Mommy for you.

I hope you are being happy and playing with your older brother and all your new friends. Your Mamaw says she knows you are OK and you are being spoiled by your other grandparents that went on to heaven before you.

Can't wait to see you again!

Mommy

+Quote Post
BonniesMom
post Oct 30 2011, 09:30 PM
Post #10

My precious and special girl:

Mommy is missing you very much today. I can't believe it's been 3 months since I lost you. The world is less sunny without you. But I know you have been in Heaven for these 3 months and you have made so many friends there. Tell your brother Mommy still loves and misses him. I bet you are still amazed how strong your little body is again and how fast your legs can run. I'm sure everyone there has fallen in love with your wonderful sweet spirit just like I did. I bet there are so many folks wanting you to sit in their laps that you can't decide who to sit with first.

Mommy loves you. You were worth it all, everything I ever did for you and the grief I feel now. Knowing you was one of the greatest joys of my life. I will be along to see you someday. Keep having fun until I get there, then I want to hold you in my lap for a long time.

+Quote Post
BonniesMom
post Nov 3 2011, 12:09 PM
Post #11

I'm missing you more every day, little girl. It's so unfair that you had so many illnesses over your short 12 years on earth and didn't get to stay with me longer. Most of your illnesses were little viruses or infections and nothing life-threatening but it seems like you had way more than your share. The vet always thought it was because you were born undersized and maybe had a weak immune system. Poor thing, you never got all your hair or all your teeth and you never could really bark. I wish you'd never had a bad day in your whole life. You deserved nothing but health and happiness and I know you have that now and forever. No more pills, insulin injections or trips to the doctor. Now you feel good every single day and are the happiest little girl in Heaven, twirling merrily like you always used to do. Mommy wishes she could have healed you when your kidneys failed. My poor baby was so sick those last 3 days. I'm sorry if I did wrong when I put you to sleep rather than letting you go on your own. I couldn't stand seeing you so sick and I didn't want you to pass on without me there to hold you. I hope you felt loved and cared for when you passed over into that perfect world where you will never be sick again. I am so glad we had 10 playful years together before you started having health problems. That's the way I remember you most, so active and playful, running around the house squeaking your toy in your mouth. I used to tell your daddy that was the sound of joy.
Have fun today with all your new playmates. Save some fun for me too. I will be along later on.

+Quote Post
BonniesMom
post Nov 7 2011, 05:57 PM
Post #12

Bonnie Lou:

Mommy is missing you today. Your daddy and I were in the store picking up some things for your sister over the weekend and your daddy picked up a little toy that squeaked and I thought I was going to cry my eyes out in the store. The squeaky sound is so much a part of you, running happily all over the house with your toy. You brightened so many of my days with your joyful personality.
I was also thinking about how you preferred being fed with a spoon, only that was just a special treat. Sometimes you were picky and would only start eating if I fed you with a spoon, you little spoiled girl. And I remember how you loved mashed potatoes and how you'd get on your hind legs and twirl around whenever I turned the mixer on because you knew a spoonful of potatoes were coming.
Your sister just doesn't enjoy her Nylabones without you around to play tricks on her with them. Could you please tell her it's OK to have fun with them anyway? She sometimes gives one of the bones a kiss but she doesn't chew them anymore since you went to Heaven. I think she misses having someone to argue with. You two were always like a couple of toddlers fussing with each other. There was never a dull moment around here with the two of you, even though I know you secretly loved each other. I saw you cuddling when you thought I wasn't looking!
Mommy loves and misses you. I am sending kisses to Heaven.

+Quote Post
BonniesMom
post Nov 12 2011, 11:11 AM
Post #13

Bonnie:
Your Mommy is thinking of you today! I wish I could hold your tiny warm body and smell your fur and kiss the top of your little head. I miss you every time I take your sister out to play, just picturing you running all over the yard, howling your silent little howl. She stopped looking for you a few weeks ago. It broke my heart that she kept looking for you and now it breaks my heart that she stopped. I guess she finally figured out you weren't coming back. She has not really been herself since you went to Heaven, though. Seems like she just doesn't have as much fun.
I am really missing you with the holidays coming on. I would like to honor your memory and take supplies to the animal shelter since you are not here to buy presents for at Christmas. I thought your sister and I could drive down there and take presents to all the puppies and kitties. Remember last year when I took pictures of both of you in your Santa outfits? All our Facebook friends thought you were adorable. You were always so sweet about letting me put outfits on you and also about wearing your pretty stylish sweaters to the vet. Everyone thought you were the cutest doggie ever. I bought your sister one of those cute vest harnesses because you know how she was always trying to chew her harness off. The vest is too snug for her to reach under to chew it and hopefully it will solve that problem. Remember how many harnesses and leashes she chewed up? Poor you, you never got all your teeth and you never chewed things up, you just liked your squeak toys. Send some extra love to your sister, she has a urinary tract infection. It seems to be clearing up but the meds are upsetting her tummy. She's had two infections since you passed over and I really think it's because she has grieved for you and her immune system is a little down, so if you could, could you please let her know you're OK?
Loving you forever and ever and ever!
Mommy

+Quote Post
BonniesMom
post Nov 15 2011, 08:14 PM
Post #14

My sweet little Bon-Bon:

Wishing you were here on the couch snuggling with me like you always did. You were such a cuddly little girl. Your daddy and I and your sister are still missing you like crazy.

I was thinking about how we used to call you Bon-Bon sometimes. You answered to pretty much anything, didn't you? You were just so happy to be with people you didn't care what nickname we called you. Anyway, I remember the time somebody gave us a big box of handmade bon-bon candy at Christmas. Your daddy had set the box in an odd place the night before and then couldn't find it. He was wandering around the house saying, "Where on earth are those bon-bons?" And you were following him every step, trying to get in front of him so he could see you, like you were saying, "Here I am! Here I am!" I watched you guys doing that for a few minutes, with him repeating "Where are the bon-bons?" and you jumping repeatedly in front of him and staring at his face like you thought he was looking for you but for some strange reason just couldn't see you. Then I absolutely cracked up because it was so funny.

I feel like wandering around the house looking for my Bon-Bon, but maybe you really are here, only I just can't see you right now. Someday we will see each other face to face again and we will be so happy.

Love forever and ever,
Mommy

+Quote Post
BonniesMom
post Nov 21 2011, 08:35 PM
Post #15

Bonnie girl, Mommy loves you so much!!!! Thinking of you as always. Wish I could see your little face and that I could see you running and playing with all your new friends. I like to imagine you running through the most beautiful grass ever, with pretty flowers because you loved smelling flowers and sometimes biting them, you funny rascal. Remember the time you bit the flowers off all my geraniums? I think about you playing with your brother Dave and all your new buddies there. You are safe now and will never be sick ever again.

Your sister actually made a little friend this weekend. I know! I was surprised too! She doesn't even like dogs! But this was a little Shi-Tzu named Peggy Sue and your sister really liked her a lot. Peggy Sue was a little wary of her but her mom said she always is a little afraid of other dogs. It was really cute how your sissy perked up and wagged her tail all over the place. She seems to be depressed even more since she stopped looking for you. I think she realized you weren't coming back and it made her even sadder. But I take her to your grandmother's shop a lot and I guess she is now the official greeter. She greets everyone who comes in and they all pet her and talk to her.

Wish you were here to spend Thanksgiving with us. I feel your absence all the time. I will never stop loving you and I will never stop being happy I had twelve wonderful years with you.

Sending you many many kisses until I see you again,
Mommy

+Quote Post
BonniesMom
post Nov 29 2011, 06:24 PM
Post #16

Bonnie Lou:
Mommy is thinking of you today and every day and I always will! I miss you just as much now as I ever did. I can't wait for the day when we are all together again and you will be young and healthy and we can play all the little games you loved to play. I found one of your pretty sweaters the other day. We are getting some snow this evening and this is the kind of weather when you needed sweaters to keep you warm. I especially love your white and lavender one that your grandmother knitted. I am keeping all of your little outfits forever. I'm storing them in the trunk in the bedroom. I slept with your pillow for a long time but now I have put it in the trunk with your toys and clothes. I wanted to make sure I didn't wear your pillow out. I want to keep it just like it was.
Please send your sister some extra love. I'm taking her to the vet tomorrow. She still keeps having problems with bladder infections. I'm going to have them check her out really good and do some blood tests to make sure we aren't missing a more serious problem. I couldn't stand losing her too. I got her some new interactive toys where she has to work to get the treats out of them. Those have been keeping her pretty busy in the evenings. She has really missed you a lot. You would be proud of what a traveling dog she has become. You know how she hated the car but now she loves it! You were always the good one in the car while she shrieked and blew the horn and so on, and once she somehow managed to snap pictures with my camera, but now she is a calm little girl and loves to go places.
Please also send some extra love to everyone on this forum who is missing their pets. We all miss you little guys so much, and it is especially hard with the holidays coming on, not having our fur-babies with us. I will miss dressing you in your Santa outfit to take your picture by the tree with your presents.
I better go now and get some dinner on the table. Your daddy will be here soon. I am sending you kisses from all of us.
Love forever,
Mommy

+Quote Post
BonniesMom
post Dec 5 2011, 09:47 PM
Post #17

Bonnie Lou baby:

Mommy is thinking of you so much today! Your daddy and your sister and I have been sitting in the dark with the Christmas tree lights on. It doesn't seem right that you aren't on the couch with us. I had no idea that last Christmas would be your last one! I had so much hoped you would make it another year or two. I knew I would lose you before your sister, but there was no way I could have ever been prepared to let you go. I am so glad I took extra time off last winter, and that I had some snow days off work last winter, so we could spend extra time together. I remember it so well and those memories are precious to me. You loved trudging through the snow and I have pictures of you playing in the snow last year. It was almost up to your belly but you kept plowing around through the yard.

I took pictures of your sister in her red scarf and your brother's old reindeer hat! She is so cute! At first she kept trying to take the hat off but after a few minutes she sat and posed like such a pretty little doggie! Your brother never liked the hat either. It was a gift from somebody, I don't remember who. All our Facebook friends have been admiring her. She's very popular, just like you were.

Her blood tests last week didn't come out as well as I'd hoped. Her liver enzymes were elevated somewhat, but the vet isn't seriously concerned right now. She has some medicine to take for it and we are going to recheck her in a few weeks. Her white blood count was slightly up but probably because she still had a little bladder infection, so now she has a different antibiotic. They x-rayed her abdomen to make sure she didn't have any kidney or bladder stones and she didn't. The other organs looked fine. And guess what? Her cholesterol is high! You know what that means: a diet! She is not happy about that. We are going to have to switch to healthier low-fat treats. I know if you were here you would laugh. The two of you bickered so much with each other. You know how she loves her food and has always been just a tiny bit pudgy. She says don't you dare laugh at her! She knows you love her, no matter how much you guys used to squabble like toddlers.

Well, Bonnie Lou, I hope you will enjoy your first Christmas in Heaven. It must be a relief to feel young and healthy again. Give your brother a big smoochie from me and tell him Mommy loves him forever. I know you probably miss us, even though you have so many new friends, but Mommy will see you again and we will never have to say goodbye. Won't it be wonderful when the two of us can run and never get tired and just play all day long?

I love you forever and ever and ever,
Mommy

+Quote Post
BonniesMom
post Dec 21 2011, 01:21 PM
Post #18

Bonnie:

Mommy is thinking of you and wishing you were here. Christmas just won't be the same without you. I was looking at your picture in the Santa suit from last year with your pretty little face peeking out from under the hat. I can still think about you and smell your fur and can almost feel your soft hair. You were such a snuggly girl and you wanted to be with me all the time. I really miss that.

I am troubled about many things and I wish I could see your sweet funny face. You always knew how to make me feel better. You and your sister seemed to know when I needed extra love from my fur-babies.

Speaking of your sister, she is doing much better and hopefully will not get any more of those awful old bladder infections. She has also cheered up a bit lately, so if you told her you want her to be happy, thank you!

I hope you are enjoying your first Christmas in heaven. I wish I could see you and know that you are happy and healthy again. Make all these new fur-babies feel welcome when they get there. Their mommies and daddies miss them very much.

I love you forever,
Mommy

+Quote Post
BonniesMom
post Jan 8 2012, 03:27 PM
Post #19

I love you, Bonnie, and I really missed you through the holidays. I still dream about you almost every night and the dreams are so real I can feel you in my arms and smell your fluffy fur. It's been over 5 months and I miss you just as much.

Your sister feels a lot better now. She doesn't seem to be depressed anymore.

Mommy loves you forever, precious angel.

+Quote Post
BonniesMom
post Jan 18 2012, 04:45 PM
Post #20

My beautiful Bonnie:

Thinking of you today, but I bet you already knew that. Sometimes I almost think I hear your tiny little bark or hear your toenails on the floor. I am missing you today and wishing you were here. You will always be Mommy's precious girl.

Loving you forever and ever,
Mommy

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:35 AM