Forum Rules Site Rules and Courtesies

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Prayers For Hope
Jem
post Dec 2 2012, 05:06 PM
Post #1

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 7,846

Please say a prayer for my german shepherd Hope. She is in desperate need of prayer. She is 14.8 years old, which I know is old for a german shepherd, but of course we want them to live forever. She was having some slow down in movement due to arthritis. She had acupuncture in August which didn't help all that much. This past Thursday I took her for her first laser treatment along with an injection of Adequan (glucosamine). By the next day she was almost completely paralyzed in her hind legs. She could not walk without us supporting her. I called the vet they said to bring her in for her next laser treatment yesterday because it might help. When the vet reexamined her she said that she was completely paralyzed in her hind legs and was feeling me out to see if I wanted to have her euthanized (although she did not come right out and say that). I said I was not ready to let her go as long as she was otherwise healthy. I tried putting her in a doggie wheelchair today but she wasn't too happy with it. I'm sure it will take some time for her to get used to it. She has always been a very independent, stubborn girl. She also has not eaten yesterday or today. I'm hoping that she is just too exhausted from the evaluation on Thursday where I'm sure they had to manipulate her limbs and the two laser treatments. I'm making sure she's urinating, but she is drinking quite a bit. I'm so worried about her. I don't want to lose her yet. This is such a hard week. Yesterday was my husband's birthday, Thursday is my son's 21st birthday and Tuesday is the anniversary of my father's death. Emotional week??? You bet! I have put her on all the prayer chains for pets I could find and I have been praying all weekend for her to St. Rochus (patron saint of dogs) and St. Francis. Please add your prayers for Hope so that she can walk again. I'm not ready to lose her. Thank YOu. JEM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jem
post Dec 3 2012, 07:18 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 7,846

Update on Hope: We are in desperate need of prayers right now. Hope is not doing well. She has only eaten minimally since Friday, but she drinks quite a bit. She tried to move her one leg yesterday morning, but was not interested this morning. Please lift her up in prayer. She's such an angel. Everyone who has ever met Hope loves her immediately. Please send extra prayers for her today. Thank You.

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Dec 3 2012, 11:35 AM
Post #3

Forum Moderator

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 4,861

Hi, Jem, please permit me to offer you my sincerest support and encouragement in this time of medical crisis for you and your precious Hope. From what you have shared with us it sounds like you are doing everything in your power to help her through it. The paralysis could be temporary, although long-term - - are you doing any form of physical therapy with her? Having experienced paralysis myself many years ago, I know how concerned you are for your precious little girl. Through many months of physical therapy, I was able to regain limited use of my right leg - - this is something you may want to talk to your veterinary practitioner about - - and seeking a second opinion may also be helpful. This does not mean you do not trust your primary veterinary practitioner -- it simply means that you are obtaining an evaluation of your precious Hope's medical status from a practitioner who is able to give you a better objective &%^ysis on your precoius Hope's condition, available treatments, and prognosis.

I know the possibility of having to let go of your precious Hope's physical presence with you is very heartbreaking. Sometimes this is, in reality, the only thing that can restore our companions to their former youthfulness - - physically apart from us in the company of the angels. Please know that whatever you decide on behalf of your precious Hope we are here for you, with you, and beside you in each step of your and your precoius Hope's journey.

Thank you so very much for sharing your precious Hope with us, Jem. Please know you and your precious girl are in my thoughts and prayers, and please let us know how she is doing.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------
In heaven's perfect garden there is no grief or pain, and all of God's creation join the angels' sweet refrain.

The most blessed way I have of knowing God's comforting love and grace is to look into the eyes and heart of God's creatures' sweet angelic face.

+Quote Post
BobsMama
post Dec 7 2012, 06:31 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 7,839

QUOTE (Jem @ Dec 3 2012, 08:18 AM) *
Update on Hope: We are in desperate need of prayers right now. Hope is not doing well. She has only eaten minimally since Friday, but she drinks quite a bit. She tried to move her one leg yesterday morning, but was not interested this morning. Please lift her up in prayer. She's such an angel. Everyone who has ever met Hope loves her immediately. Please send extra prayers for her today. Thank You.

Sending prayer your way, please let us know how dear Hope is doing?? *hugs*

+Quote Post
Pippin's Mom Kel
post Dec 8 2012, 04:18 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 7,510

Jem, sending positive thoughts your way and Hope's way. How are you both doing?

--------------------

When you are sorrowful, look again in your heart, and you shall see that, in truth, you are weeping for that which has been your delight.
- Kahlil Gibran

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:08 PM