Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Elizabeth Hodgkins, D.v.m., Esq., New book - "Your Cat"
Muffins
post Jun 27 2007, 02:00 PM
Post #1

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 245

Hi Everyone:

Well, I've been waiting for this book to finally come out and it's in the stores. I'll be ordering my copy today through Amazon. (We have a Barnes & Noble membership card, but....it looks as if it's less expensive @ Amazon. Depends on shipping costs).

Your Cat: A Revolutionary Approach to Feline Health and Happiness

http://www.amazon.com/Your-Cat-Simple-Secr...82968775&sr=1-1

Here's a book description that's on the Amazon website:

Book Description

“Dr. Hodgkins’s discussions are provocative, and disturbing, and the problems they identify will not be easy to rectify quickly. Nonetheless, they are long overdue.”
---Alice Villalobos, president of the American Association of Human-Animal Bond Veterinarians and Director of the Animal Oncology Consultation Service, Woodland Hills (Torrance, CA) and Pawspice Care Clinic (Norwalk, CA)

In this controversial new book, dedicated veterinarian Elizabeth M. Hodgkins, D.V.M., Esq., raises the alarm regarding the serious flaws in the commercial diets we feed our cats and the nutritional diseases that result. Your Cat turns today’s conventional wisdom of cat care on its head with completely new yet remarkably easy-to-follow guidelines for every cat owner.

Features include:

The real problem with pet foodsParasites, vaccines, and litter-box trainingObesity and feline diabetesPreventative nutrition for the older catThe ten great myths of cat care
From kitten-rearing to the adult cat’s middle years to caring for the geriatric cat, Dr. Hodgkins explores the full spectrum of proper cat care, as well as rampant deadly feline diseases like hyperthyroidism, asthma, skin allergies, and gum disease. She provides an explanation of the origin and thorough discussion of the very latest treatments. Illuminated by brief case histories from illness to health, this indispensable manual is one book that every modern cat owner must have on their shelf.

I first heard of Dr. Hodgkins when I went to her website, "Your Diabetic Cat".

http://www.yourdiabeticcat.com/

My husband and I made changes in our kids diet (got rid of all dry cat food), in February, 2007. It was clear to us that her blood sugar levels were not getting any better AND her severe IBS (which she had ever since we brought her home from the shelter in March, 2004), was still quite bad.

Just about one week after Ms. Lucy had her last kibble, her diarrhea was gone!! (I still knock wood when I say that). She was having much more normal BM's -- We were amazed, and can only imagine that our girl was feeling much more comfortable!!

After I joined "Your diabetic cat", I saw that people were feeding their furcats either raw food and/or some Fancy Feast varieties that are wheat gluten free. (as well as "grain free" canned Wellness).

Shortly after, we decided to order raw chicken food through Feline's Pride. (http://www.felinespride.com/aboutus/mission.aspx) Now that her diet consists of 90% raw chicken (the rest, FF & Wellness), her stools are completely normal. (again, knock wood rolleyes.gif )

Ms. Lucy's insulin requirements have gone from 5 - 6 units every morning to .8 - 1.0 units every morning. This is a major improvement!! We couldn't be happier.

As usual, I've just babbled on ...... but, I did want to share information about Dr. Hodgkins new book, as it might be of interest to others.

Peace & Love to you all,

Denise

--------------------
Our Beloved Girl, Ernestine (AKA) "Ernie-Bird"
April, 1984 - February 7, 2004
***AFFA***
Forever, you will ALWAYS live on in our hearts!
DEPARTED FROM EARTH, NEVER FORGOTTEN.... Love, Mom & Dad xoxoxoxoxo

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." Immanuel Kant

"Think occasionally of the suffering of which you spare yourself the sight" Albert Schweitzer
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 09:19 AM