Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Pixie
janika
post Feb 24 2010, 01:44 AM
Post #1

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 6,120

Hi everyone,

Well it will soon be 6 months since our darling Noushka left us. I have felt so lost and empty without her. The acute pain has been diminishing gradually, but the tears still flow, not as often now, and the 'Happy' memories seem to be more frequent than the 'sad' ones these days. Thanks to everyone who helped me and supported me on this site. I have made some very good friends. Our 'Angels' have brought us together.

Now for my news. I'm sure that if you have been reading my post for Noushka and Tasha you will have seen the mention of a certain 'Pixie'.

I had started thinking that maybe it was time for us to bring a new fur baby into our pet-less home. I had very mixed feelings, I knew I could never replace my Angels but I just felt that I had room in my heart for another. While I was searching for Samoyed puppies, I saw this little face looking at me from the screen. Not a puppy but a Samoyed cross, or maybe even a German Eurasier(not quite sure), but with biscuit ears, just like Noushka. She was within days of being euthanased when she was saved by a wonderful couple who have started up a 'no kill' rescue centre on their farm.
They had called her Pixie, she came with no history, no microchip, no tag, nothing, just a very sweet nature. We went up to see her on Saturday and she has been home with us ever since.
When we first saw her we couldn't believe how 'tall' she was. She is probably only around 1 year old. She still has the energy and playfullness of a puppy at times, but is house trained and also very well behaved - most of the time. Just have to try and calm her when certain, (not all tho'), 'new' people enter the house as she loves to play-bite, arms, shoes, butts, anything she can get hold of. No aggression, just playfulness, but she has very big teeth ! Just seems to be exuberence, she is so pleased to greet people. She didn't do it at all with young grandson and was extremely well behaved around him. My poor dad seems to be her favourite for these boisterous greetings. If anyone has experience of the this 'play biting' and has any answers as to how we can 'nip' this behaviour in the bud, I would be grateful to hear any advice. I don't want to 'crate' her, or keep her restrained for too long as she is so well behaved apart from this and does listen and obey most commands.
The other strange thing is when we are out on our long country walks, not the urban walks when she is on a short lead and very well behaved with no problems. During our country park walk yesterday, we kept her on an extendable lead as not sure we can trust her off lead yet. Everytime a lead-less dog approached (twice actually) she would look at them on their approach and then lie right down on her front. If they came too near she would then get up and try to pull to get to them. Not baring teeth or showing aggression, but as she is so big it was hard to keep hold of her. Luckily the two owners with these dogs put them on their leads and held them back so there was no major incident. I've never had a dog do this before. Any ideas please.
She is such a love and we want to try and give her a wonderful home, she so deserves it.
Well I wanted to share my news with you and hopefully you may be able to help me once again, with all the wealth of experience on this site.
Thinking of you all and hoping that for the older postees, you are finding peace and your days are improving all the time, that those Happy memories are taking over from the sad. For the new people, I must say, that if you are like I was you will feel that you will never feel 'happy' again. That the sadness is just too much to bear. I can honestly now say , that things will get better for you, but it takes time to heal from the pain of losing our darlings. Talking to other like minded people on here is such a help, and hopefully you too will be helping someone else through their pain. I send my love and prayers to you, that you can get through this dreadful time of grieving. Our darlings would hate to see us so sad.

I'll try and post a photo of Pixie soon.

Hugs
Jan and Pixie, and my Angels.
Love to my Darling Angel girls Tasha and Noushka, and Dear Angels Sooty, Vikki, Frosti, Binky, Charlie and Bailey- who are forever in my Heart and soul, God bless them all.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- janika   Pixie   Feb 24 2010, 01:44 AM
- - janika   Pixie x   Feb 24 2010, 02:15 AM
- - PucksMom   Awww! She's such a cute little girly gir...   Feb 25 2010, 06:55 AM
- - janika   Thanks PucksMom I will certainly try that. I'm...   Feb 25 2010, 10:17 AM
- - janika   I'm getting worried about Pixie as she hasn...   Feb 25 2010, 08:21 PM
- - janika   Good morning all Pleased to report that after pla...   Feb 26 2010, 03:53 AM
|- - madi   Hi Jan, so glad Pixie's appetite has picked up...   Feb 26 2010, 08:06 AM
|- - BullyMama   QUOTE (janika @ Feb 26 2010, 02:53 AM) Go...   Feb 26 2010, 01:07 PM
- - janika   Thanks BullyMama For the last 2 days Pixie has e...   Feb 28 2010, 06:03 AM
- - Brutus   I'm so glad she is working out for you Jan...i...   Mar 9 2010, 08:43 AM
- - janika   Thanks Sonya Yes Pixie certainly has made us smi...   Mar 14 2010, 08:57 AM
- - Foxysmummy   Jan, Pixie is so beautiful, I'm so glad she...   Mar 15 2010, 09:44 AM
- - janika   Thanks Irene We are very lucky that Pixie came int...   Mar 15 2010, 10:32 AM
- - Foxysmummy   Aww bless her, you'll get there with the train...   Mar 15 2010, 10:36 AM
- - janika   Hi to all my friends, old and new on here. Just to...   Mar 28 2010, 05:02 PM
- - janika   PIXIE Well...   Apr 18 2010, 04:27 AM
- - smokey/lady/max   Hi Jan and Pixie Jan I love Pixie's pictures....   Apr 19 2010, 09:52 PM
- - Foxysmummy   She is beautiful Jan, I'm glad she's bring...   Apr 20 2010, 08:38 AM
- - janika   Thanks so much Anna and Irene. Thinking of you bot...   Apr 20 2010, 04:14 PM
- - Westiesam/Sharon   Hi Jan Pixie is so beautiful -- She looks like she...   Apr 22 2010, 06:25 AM
- - janika   Thanks Sharon, for the kind words. I hope you...   Apr 22 2010, 05:12 PM
- - janika   Well we are flabbergasted about a discovery that ...   May 2 2010, 03:14 AM
- - smokey/lady/max   Hi Jan, That is so nice of you to share Pixie...   May 3 2010, 09:24 PM
- - smokey/lady/max   Hi Jan I keep missing you, I am thinking of you a...   May 6 2010, 08:46 PM
- - janika   Thanks Anna Yes 5th February, I was so excited tha...   May 8 2010, 04:18 PM
- - janika   PIXIE Lots of you have been asking about dear Pi...   May 11 2010, 04:19 PM
- - smokey/lady/max   hi Jan I love the picture of your angel sent Pixi...   May 11 2010, 05:52 PM
- - Foxysmummy   Oh what a lovely story. Pixie really was sent to y...   May 12 2010, 07:48 AM
- - Mymadi   Congratulations Jan!!! What a DOLL...   May 12 2010, 11:04 AM
- - smokey/lady/max   Hi Jan and Pixie Sweet Pixie was seen in the cr...   May 12 2010, 09:25 PM
- - janika   Thanks everyone, and thanks Anna for the beautiful...   May 14 2010, 08:33 AM
- - janika   Just thought I'd share another Pixie pic. Sh...   May 30 2010, 06:29 PM
- - smokey/lady/max   Hi Jan and Pixie Jan Pixie looks like she is actu...   May 30 2010, 11:32 PM
- - janika   Dear Tahoeden wanted to see some pictures of Pixie...   Jun 4 2010, 02:30 AM
- - janika   Dear Dennis I'll pop this back to top of boar...   Jun 14 2010, 01:39 AM
- - smokey/lady/max   Hi Mum I am being such a good girl while you po...   Jul 3 2010, 11:52 PM
- - janika   Thanks Pixie (And 'Furry' God Mother Anna ...   Jul 4 2010, 02:39 AM
- - Honey   Bless her, Pixie is simply adorable and she looks ...   Jul 8 2010, 08:06 AM
- - janika   Well at last I've managed to upload a few mo...   Aug 19 2010, 08:53 AM
- - janika   This is Pixie 'Sticky beaking' from both...   Aug 19 2010, 03:22 PM
- - Cheryl83   Yaaaaay! Jan, it's soooo good to see rec...   Aug 19 2010, 03:30 PM
- - smokey/lady/max   Jan Pixie is just beautiful. I love the pictures o...   Aug 19 2010, 11:42 PM
- - janika   Thanks everyone, yes she's a real beauty. x D...   Aug 22 2010, 12:08 AM
- - janika   I would like to introduce our Dear Pixie to Ange...   Sep 2 2010, 02:16 AM
- - janika   Hi All This is my latest pic of Pixie and Pixie...   Dec 5 2010, 06:15 AM
- - moon_beam   Hi, Jan, just getting caught up on your thread. T...   Dec 11 2010, 10:40 AM
- - madi   Jan, I haven't seen this photo before, it...   Dec 12 2010, 08:35 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 09:27 AM