Forum Rules Site Rules and Courtesies

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> My Sassy Girl Is Missing, Lost my best friend
Sassy Girl
post Jan 16 2008, 06:04 PM
Post #1

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 4,269

My bad day's started on 1-11-08. I let my Sassy out at 5:30 am and that is the last time I have seen her.

I live in a Condo complex,I knew she had her little rouite around my condo. She is a very friendly cat. She is a manx no tail. If my neigbors had'nt seen her in couple of days they would call and ask if she was okay. She really liked the dog's. She had one that she really likes. If that dog and her owner was out of there walk sassy would come running out to greet the dog and they where both happy to see each other. There other dog's that she would waite outside for there owns to come out for there walks and she would greet and talk to them.

I have looked under every shrub and tree and decks and no sign of her. It is like she just whent in to thin air. I have my whole complex looking for her. She dose have a mirco chip. She has never done this before. I normally let her in the mornings before I go to work and she is in by 6:30 there has been times that she did not come in and her grandmom had to come over and get her out of trouble,and than when I get home from work she goes out for acouple of hours but she checks in about every half hour to 45 mins.

On friday I let her out like always do and I go over to a neigbors house to use there spinning bike and she will walk me over or come in when she is done doing her thing a waite for me,but friday I didnt see her so I called her acouple of times and nothing I when in and got ready for work and still nothing so I called my mom who live just up from me to by and get her in. I went looking for her before I went to work and still nothing so I went into work late and my mom came down and we looked for her. I went to work and came home at lunch time and looked for her and my mom came by acouple of times to look for her and no sign of her.

I printed up lost posters and took them around my complex and my mom and I looked around all over my complex and no sign of her fur or collar. My neigbors looked around to.

I did get a couple of calls saying that had hearded of some coyotes around. I hope they are wrong.

I have only three things that could have happend 1-she is locked up some place,2-somone has her or she got caught by a coyote or she is hurt and can not get home.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cheesy
post Jan 16 2008, 06:21 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 4,246

Sassy Girl,
I am so sorry to hear about your kitty being missing. Please know that my heart goes out to you, and that I am praying for her safe return. I hope that you will keep us posted on what is going on, and let us know of any developments. Please also know that you have support here, and it is a safe place to vent, and cry, and just be.
Have you checked with any local shelters? I think that may be a good place to look.
hoping and praying for you and your Sassy,
Cheesy

--------------------
[FONT=Optima][SIZE=1][COLOR=orange]Cheddar:September 2 02, my world got brighter, cause I brought you home. July 21, 07, I thought my world dimed because you left it. The light that you brought me lives on, thru me, in my heart you can never dim.

+Quote Post
John B
post Jan 17 2008, 09:27 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 2,744

I'm sorry to hear that Sassy is missing. she sounds like such a special girl. I know that no matter what happened her absence is so hard. I hope you find her soon.

--------------------
Sadie (named after the Beatles song "s e x y Sadie") came into my life when I rescued her from a cage in the SPCA in 1991. Then she was taken from me when she ate the tainted IAMs food in 2007. You will always be in my heart and thoughts, Sadie. There will never be another like you!

Rev 5:13 And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, [be] unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever.

+Quote Post
Zita'sMom
post Jan 18 2008, 01:48 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 3,938

Hi

I am wishing you the best for a positive outcome for your Sassy. I know how you feel. My Zita went missing early on October 21st and was never seen since. No-one in the neighbourhood had seen any sign of her but there had been a cougar (I found out too late) roaming the area. It is so painful when you don't have evidence of what has happened. I did hear many stories from other people about cats returning home after weeks, months and even years. I think you can judge your own pets' behavior best. I know my Zita would have been home if she had a choice and I am sure at this point that she was taken by a cougar. But I don't mean to sound pessimistic for you either. Strange things happen like cats getting into cars etc. I used a poster with a number you could tear off at the bottom and I did get many calls but none of the cats turned out to be her. I also dropped them off at all the vet's offices and anywhere within a reasonable "cat" walking distance and in various neighbourhoods throughout our city. If your girl is very friendly you never know if someone may have taken her in....

All I can say is I know your pain and I hope so much for you that the outcome is a happy one.

take care

Jan.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 07:12 PM