Forum Rules Site Rules and Courtesies

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> She Would Have Been A Year Old On Wednesday
Lynsey
post Aug 23 2008, 02:05 PM
Post #1

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 4,724

It has been just over four months since I lost Purdy. Her death has just been so difficult for me to accept. I adopted two kittens five weeks after she passed away. They have helped to ease the loneliness and get me back into a routine, but I still think about Purdy all the time. In the days immediately after her death I wanted to die because the pain was so bad. I felt that I had lost everything. Purdy really was the light of my life.

Heidi and Coco are lovely kittens. I do love them but I don't have the same bond that I had with Purdy. This probably down to the fact that they have each other, and don't pay me as much attention. Sometimes I look at them and want to cry because I can't help thinking that something bad is going to happen to them. I am so scared them getting sick.
Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
britt09
post Aug 23 2008, 02:29 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 4,924

First off let me say i am so sorry for you loss of purdy!

but i kno exactly how you feel when it comes to not feeling the same bond. the day i lost my buttons we had to go out and get another kitten for my older cat. And sometimes i find myself looking at Delilah and thinking that i would rather her be buttons. I feel horrible for thinking such things because i know that its not her fault buttons is gone and all she wants is love.

once again i am terribly sorry lost your baby!

--------------------
*BrItTaNy*

+Quote Post
sissycat
post Aug 23 2008, 02:34 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 4,783

I offer my sympathy for Purdy. She was beautiful and so are Heidi and Coco!!!!!
Like another person said-- The pain of loosing a furbaby is the price we have to pay to love them. We know sooner or later we have to face it since their life span is shorter than ours. However it is not any easier. I too am afraid of loosing another cat. My loss was about 3 months ago and I still have both her sisters. I now find myself watching them like a hawk. (Sissycat's death was a terrible accident where she got hit by a car.) When they go out I am constantly watching their every move. I am sure they get tired of it. But I just couldn't handle something else to happen.
The pain will become less intense as time passed. I know it is hard to believe that right now but it does. They will be in our hearts forever.
I too want another kitty, but my problem is i'm afraid I can't bond with it. I have looked several times at the shelter, but have no connection with one yet. Maybe someday.

Many Hugs to You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+Quote Post
openhearted87
post Aug 23 2008, 07:36 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 4,836

QUOTE (Lynsey @ Aug 23 2008, 02:05 PM) *
It has been just over four months since I lost Purdy. Her death has just been so difficult for me to accept. I adopted two kittens five weeks after she passed away. They have helped to ease the loneliness and get me back into a routine, but I still think about Purdy all the time. In the days immediately after her death I wanted to die because the pain was so bad. I felt that I had lost everything. Purdy really was the light of my life.

Heidi and Coco are lovely kittens. I do love them but I don't have the same bond that I had with Purdy. This probably down to the fact that they have each other, and don't pay me as much attention. Sometimes I look at them and want to cry because I can't help thinking that something bad is going to happen to them. I am so scared them getting sick.

they are all so beautiful. im sorry for your loss. purdy looks like a darling little angel. i lost my 1 year old baby to f.i.p. a little over two months ago. i know how hard it is to lose a young one.what did she pass from? it hurts the most because we have so many high hopes and plans for them even though fate had its own plan.i believe that our baby angels came here to teach us something. there isnt a day i dont miss my baby acorn. i know how hard it is. they can change our whole lives with their own short lives. i wrote this poem. i hope it helps.

Baby Angels 8/7/08

You left before your time
Why do some have to leave so young?
Before they truly experiences things, the song of life is sung
In an instant they are a memory and not right before us strong
Where have they gone, the ones who left too soon?
There are more tears than the days you’ve lived
What is there to blame? What is there to forgive?
No reason to come and be taken back so quickly when they loved so freely
Some little ones change our whole life with only a short time here
One moment they brought endless smiles but at the thought of them now there is a tear
Baby angels, you never had long enough, it’s so rough
But you had just enough time to touch so many hearts
For that you live on and we will never be apart, just the way it was meant to be from the start

Corina

with love corina and her angels

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Aug 24 2008, 09:52 AM
Post #5

Forum Moderator

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 4,861

Hi, Lynsey, the anniversaries can be so difficult because they remind us that we are missing our beloved furkid. It is understandable that your relationship with Heidi and Coco is different because they are their sweet individual selves. Rest assured, Lynsey, they DO need you. They are comforted by your presence. They are kittens and everything they are seeing is for the first time - - - just like a human child. They need your presence to keep them safe and strong and healthy and happy. Lynsey, unfortunately we do not possess the power to totally stop illness or prevent accidents or any other sorrowful thing. That is why it is SO IMPORTANT to love our furbabies, and our human loved ones, with all our hearts each and every minute of each and every day. Purdy is always with you in her sweet living Spirit, so of course you will often think of her and the living memories you have of your life together. Heidi and Coco need you to love them for who THEY are, and I know you will come to bond closely with them as Purdy wants you to and as they need you to. We are here for you to help you, Heidi, and Coco through this adjustment, Lynsey, and please know you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------
In heaven's perfect garden there is no grief or pain, and all of God's creation join the angels' sweet refrain.

The most blessed way I have of knowing God's comforting love and grace is to look into the eyes and heart of God's creatures' sweet angelic face.

+Quote Post
ann
post Aug 25 2008, 01:06 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 4,838

QUOTE (moon_beam @ Aug 24 2008, 10:52 AM) *
Hi, Lynsey, the anniversaries can be so difficult because they remind us that we are missing our beloved furkid. It is understandable that your relationship with Heidi and Coco is different because they are their sweet individual selves. Rest assured, Lynsey, they DO need you. They are comforted by your presence. They are kittens and everything they are seeing is for the first time - - - just like a human child. They need your presence to keep them safe and strong and healthy and happy. Lynsey, unfortunately we do not possess the power to totally stop illness or prevent accidents or any other sorrowful thing. That is why it is SO IMPORTANT to love our furbabies, and our human loved ones, with all our hearts each and every minute of each and every day. Purdy is always with you in her sweet living Spirit, so of course you will often think of her and the living memories you have of your life together. Heidi and Coco need you to love them for who THEY are, and I know you will come to bond closely with them as Purdy wants you to and as they need you to. We are here for you to help you, Heidi, and Coco through this adjustment, Lynsey, and please know you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

I am sorry for your loss. Purdy looks so sweet. I agree with Moonbeam, they look very young, but in time you will bond with them too. Whenever we accept a furbaby into our lives we have to accept any conciquences. Indoor/Outdoor, injury or sickness it seems inevidable, even just plain old age. But your giving coco and Heidi a good loving home, which is what they need. I know your pain with Purdy. It's been almost 3mo I suffered my loss and I've cried everyday. I felt strongly about letting him out and giving him his freedom. It was a slow and protective process on my part. He wouldn't be out if no one was home, he wouldn't be out at night, but the older he got the more I had to let him do his thing and be a cat. I thought I was strong. He was so happy being out, that I tried to convince myself if he dies outside he dies happy. The end. Well not quite, I'm not strong and the pain of losing him is so great. Would I do it again. Absolutely. To give love and receive it back is greater. You'll see that with Hiedi and Coco. Enjoy thier playfulness. Purdy is alway with you. Maybe there is something you can do with them that you use to do with Purdy. With me, I had a cat many years ago, I never thought I would have another like her or love another like her. I tried hard to teach Arthur the things I knew and had with Daisy, well, he was his own cat, but I was able to do a few things that brought back her memory. Like playing hide and seek and I use to say Hi in a certain tone and she'd mimick it. Just b4 he died he did the same thing. It was real special to me. Peace and healings.. hugs.. Ann...and Openhearted your poem is just lovely. I'm sure it touched everyones heart like it did mine.

+Quote Post
LoveThem
post Sep 2 2008, 06:49 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 3,876

You won't have the same bond as you had with Purdy. Purdy had her special bond with you and each of these kittens will too. If they don't pay you as much attention as you would like, then pay extra to them and it should come back to you.

You can't cry for the future. It has its own tears at that time and doesn't need earlier ones.
You can take joy in how they are now. They live in the moment and you have to also. These are the golden times we never forget. They are precious in their own right.

Don't worry about them getting sick. If we all felt that way, no one would ever take in one of these babies anymore and they would all be unwanted and then they would get sick cause no one was watching them.

It has always helped me to believe that when it is the time for something to happen, it does and we can't prevent it. If we prevent something....it was meant for us to do that. Let the future take care of itself. Just be their Mom...they need you very much...and..instead of worry...think warm..thoughts...think love.

Hugs to you and your sweethearts. You will do just fine and so will they. We just can't let ourselves think any other way. It does no good. It does not help us each day. And the worst part is it robs us of the pleasure of the happy healthy days that will ....be our best memories but right now...we can actually be living them.

Judy

--------------------
LITTLE GUY - May 28, 1991 - Sept 10, 2007 - Always in my Heart.
His story: Section D&D: How do I stop crying? and also... My Boy is Gone Forever.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 01:17 PM