Forum Rules Site Rules and Courtesies

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Please Don't Shoot Me Dear Ls Team - I'm Just The Messenger
AngelCareOne
post Dec 25 2008, 01:26 PM
Post #1

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 4,797

Dear LS Support, other Administrators and Moderators, I hope you realize first of all that my topic title is that famous line from ... Well, I can't remember where it originated but it does appear to fit the "crime" (which is breaking of LS rules) I'm about to commit. Please let me explain ...

We're all aware that there are those occasions, anniversaries, holidays and more which bring added misery to those who are already suffering gosh awful terrible grief, sorrow, pain, loneliness, sometimes guilt and outright devastation due to the loss of their beloved fur and/or feather kids. And where do these people go to talk about it and pray for some modicum of comfort? They come to the perfect place which is this safe haven.

I've read several threads and many posts since about 7:30 AM this morning and it's going on 1:15 in the afternoon where I live. Why can't I find any words, images, songs or ... Something to ease the suffering I'm seeing? Well, I suppose it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out the answer to that question. But, there is something I can offer and it's an escape so to speak ... Even if just for a few minutes. Something to brighten your members' Christmas Day ...

I wish to make two posts on one thread as a Christmas gift to hopefully bring a smile or at least take people's minds off their terrible losses for a short while. One post is a video of the most magnificent Christmas lights on a home which flash in time to the awesome song called "Wizards in Winter" performed by the Trans Siberian Orchestra. It is truly breathtaking. However, there are members like Ann who have dial up connection and find it difficult and sometimes impossible to access videos. Therefore, I chose the second post to be very cute, adorable, glittering Angel kitten twins and made up sort of a story to go along with it. It's lovely.

Here's the "criminal" part: Since most of your members go to the "Death and Dying Pet Support" area seeking comfort, I wish to temporarily make those posts there. Please rest assured that I'll perfectly understand if you move the thread to the "New Beginnings" or "CyberShoulder Room" area straight away. After all rules are rules. However, I do wish to request that the thread be allowed to remain in the "Death and Dying Pet Support" area for just a couple days before moving it for the reasons I've already given. I sure hope I ain't in any trouble and, again, I promise that I will perfectly understand should any of the LS team move the thread straight away since it is in the wrong place.

Thank you for your consideration and I wish all a most Blessed Holiday Season filled with Love, Light, Hope and Faith.

Always,
Dottie xoxoxox
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
LS Support
post Dec 25 2008, 04:54 PM
Post #2

Forum Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

happy holidays Dottie, i will move the posts to cybershoulder room after the new year.

here is a link to the post(s) discussed above: http://lightning-strike.com/forum/index.ph...ic=5099&hl=

--------------------

click map

Visit Our Website

Support This Site

Pet Loss Blog

Pet Loss Books

While all people here help each other, there are
times where an advanced degree of help may be needed.

If at any time you feel overwhelmed or consumed
by grief, it is always best to seek professional help.

+Quote Post
AngelCareOne
post Dec 25 2008, 07:25 PM
Post #3

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 4,797

Thank you very much MD Cohn and Happy Holidays to you and yours, too. Hugs!

Always,
Dottie xoxoxox

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:59 PM