jenpij
post Aug 1 2005, 10:38 AM
Post #81

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 1,044

Name: MAGEE
Breed: Golden Retriever
Date of birth: March 14, 1997
Date of death: July 17, 2005 of lymphoma in my husband's arms after 12 days of chemo - which the vet said would give her 6-9 months
Favorite things: Swim, Swim, Swim....retrieve her ball, being with people always

Not a day goes by I don't think of you my sweet Magee....sleep well my love
Attached image(s)
Attached Image

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Noriko
post Aug 1 2005, 05:13 PM
Post #82

Member No.: 1,042

My furbaby:
Name: Midnight
Date of Birth: October, 1993
Died: Auguest 1st 2005
Breed of cat- Beautiful black shorthair
Middy came into my life: sometime in 1993
Favourite nicknames: Middy, Midders, Midnight-fat, Cuddles, Fatty-bo-Batty, Steak, Football, Bones, Midnight Cat ( I used to call her little silly names when she was fat and when she was skinny) and MIIIIIIIIIDNIIIIGGGHHHHHTTTT!!!! ( I yelled it whenever I saw her... poor kitty prolly scared her but I said it with love)
Favourite activity: sitting in the grass outside, rolling in the dust, playing with her red ribbon and listening to Jazz music

My beautiful Middy is at peace now and forever smile.gif

+Quote Post
lizzy
post Aug 10 2005, 02:21 AM
Post #83

Member No.: 1,073

Name: Ixty
Breed: crazy inbred barn kitty
Born: sometime July 2000
Died: August 9, 2005 of renal failure
Nickname: Monkey
Favorite activities: sunbathing near plants, curling up with me, drinking out of the faucet, sitting in the bathroom during a shower, rolling around outside, adventuring

Ixty, you taught me how to balance independence and self-preservance with softness, playfulness, and humor. I always wished I could be more like you. You are the most wiley, funny, brazen, loyal, comforting, and overall amazing creature I've ever encountered. Thank you so much for coming into my life. I love you infinitely and I know you love me too.[COLOR=gray]
Attached image(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
QuakerParrot
post Aug 10 2005, 06:57 AM
Post #84

Member No.: 490

A wonderful idea!!

My Furbaby:

Name: Dexter
Date of Birth: April 17th, 1999
Date of Death: Murdered August 17th, 2004
Nicknames: Dekkie Boy, Decker, Big Mouth, Dexter Man
Favorite/Funny Things: He would run in from outside and grab as many Ol Roy "dinner rounds" in his little mouth as he could (6 was his record!) Whenever we would leave, even for a little bit, he would greet us at the door with an "offering" something, anything he could get in his mouth. Various offerings: the toilet brush, a bra, underwear, a 200$ deck of antique cards, the cat (twice), his mother, and my favorite; we brought home a couple my husband worked with for dinner and Dexter met us at the door with my daughter's bag of Kotex!
Least Favorite Things: Ciarra (the little demon child down the road) riding in a car (he got car sick) baths/water and the vacuum cleaner.

--------------------
Dexter, you will forever be in my heart. I've missed you everyday since you were taken from me on August 17th, 2004 but we will meet again.

God said: "What you do unto the least of Mine, so you have done unto Me."

Heaven is by favor; if it were by merit your dog would go in and you would stay out.  Of all the creatures ever made [man] is the most detestable.  Of the entire brood, he is the only one... that possesses malice.  He is the only creature that inflicts pain for sport, knowing it to be pain.  ~Mark Twain

Please, help Dr. Branson Ritchie fight PDD!! If you have even a dollar or two, or just some spare time to donate, go to The Stop PDD Website and help us end this killer! The bird you save might be your own!

+Quote Post
samhaincat
post Aug 20 2005, 02:04 PM
Post #85

Member No.: 1,088

This is a lovely idea

My Furbaby: a long haired black (non colourpoint himalayan)

Name: Zody
Date of Birth: February 22, 1987
Date of Death: August 20, 2003
Nicknames: Zoed, Bodhi Wodhi, Pumpkin, handsome boy
Favorite/Funny Things: Would lovingly bite my hand, then lick it as if to say 'you belong to me and I love you). Would steal little red felt santa clauses off the tree, happily drool them into soggy lumps and then bounce around them like a rubber ball. Gave the most wonderful hugs, his big furry arms around my neck, his hind legs around my waist - then purr in my ear. After we tried to catch one of the other cats who effortlessly evaded us, Zody got annoyed, pounced on her and sat on her till we got her. He was an excellent guard cat and he was a quiet steady peacefull presence in my house, unless of course it got too close to dinner time. I also loved his kinky tail that curled over his back like a corkskrew and his little vampire fangs that made him look downright scarey at times. I also adored how much you loved your silver shaded 'girlfriend" Nymph who is still with me, even though the two of you were both fixed, you still 'mated' up to a year before your death.
Least Favorite Things: Trying to comb hair mats out of his tummy - literally needed steel gloves for that job as he transformed into an bad tempered panther.

I miss you Zody, you will always be with me. wub.gif
Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
Nymph (my silver girl): May 3, 1987-September 23, 2005
Spicey (my golden girl): July 18, 1989-Aug. 17, 2005
Zody (my black boy): February 22, 1987-Aug. 20, 2003
AS well Mushi, Mr. Wonderful, Blackie, Trixie, Neptune
Love you all forever and always

+Quote Post
samhaincat
post Aug 22 2005, 04:26 PM
Post #86

Member No.: 1,088

My Furbaby: a small shaded golden persian girl

Name: Spicey
Date of Birth: July 18, 1989
Date of Death: August 17, 2005
Nicknames: Little Sweetness, Spiceball, Monkey, Pumpkin

Favorite/Funny Things: Would bat around cats twice her size without an ounce of fear. Would have a complete hissy fit if someone tried to steal or come anywhere near a new catnip toy of hers. Would bless me if I sneezed by making a cute little chirpy meow. Would kiss the tip of my nose. Would curl her little paw around my finger as is she was holding my hand. She had an incredible adventurous spirit and aside from ceiling fans was virtually fearless. Never bit or scratched when being combed, was always very gentle.

Least Favorite Things: Ceiling fans were scarey. Not being the centre of attention and then going to pee somewhere inappropriate to turn the attention back on herself.

I miss you my little Spicey, you will always be with me. wub.gif
Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
Nymph (my silver girl): May 3, 1987-September 23, 2005
Spicey (my golden girl): July 18, 1989-Aug. 17, 2005
Zody (my black boy): February 22, 1987-Aug. 20, 2003
AS well Mushi, Mr. Wonderful, Blackie, Trixie, Neptune
Love you all forever and always

+Quote Post
lawzfeehily
post Aug 25 2005, 04:16 PM
Post #87

Member No.: 1,103

My furbaby:
Name: Joey
Date of Birth: 26/07/2005
Died: 22/08/2005
Luba came into my life: 26/07/2005
Favourite nicknames: baby, honey, sweety
Favourite activity: being a kitten

--------------------
user posted image
Maybe I have been here before
I know this room, I've walked this floor
I used to live alone before I knew you
I've seen your flag on the marble arch
Love is not a victory march
It's a cold and it's a broken Hallelujah

+Quote Post
lawzfeehily
post Aug 25 2005, 04:22 PM
Post #88

Member No.: 1,103

My furbaby:
Name: Littleone
Date of Birth: 26/07/2005
Died: 24/08/2005
Luba came into my life: 26/07/2005
Favourite nicknames: sweety, cutie pie, honey
Favourite activity: being a kitten

--------------------
user posted image
Maybe I have been here before
I know this room, I've walked this floor
I used to live alone before I knew you
I've seen your flag on the marble arch
Love is not a victory march
It's a cold and it's a broken Hallelujah

+Quote Post
Gingergirl
post Aug 26 2005, 02:41 AM
Post #89

Member No.: 1,076

Ginger. 4 years old.
Died on 8-10-05 Sudden cancer

Favorite things: Walks, camping, parties, soft stuffy toys, other dogs and cats, babies, fireworks.

Dislikes: Baths, People pulling on her floppy ears, loud music from any live band, And, she'd get quite offended if anyone talked about her.

Special trait: Ginger only knew the word kiss in french. "Bisous Bisous" and you'd get a kiss.

When Ginger was 7 months old, just 2 weeks after she was spayed, she was hit by a car and nearly died. Lost half her spleen, broke her front leg, and had massive internal injuries. Her love for me was her will to recover. It was the broken leg that became eaten with cancer and killed her in the end.

Issues: Ginger lived most of her life in so much pain, yet was cared for with so much love that she'd never even been swatted with a newspaper. Because of her pain, she was super sensitive to everyone elses pain. She had "issues" as we called it. She would sulk in a corner for ages if I was working or too busy to play. She'd get seriously depressed over the smallest thing. She never got into any trouble. No garbage stealing, excessive barking, you could leave a pizza on the coffee table and she'd guard it, but she wouldn't touch it.

Of all the smart and sweet dogs I've ever met, I've not met one with the sensitivity and intelligence that Ginger had. Had she been healthy, she could have been a therapy dog. I would pretend to lay on the ground needing help to get up. She'd stand by my side, her sore crooked legs locked to hold my weight. I'd pretend I was using her to get up and praise her with "Yea!!! Ginger can help people"!! We'd do this over and over and she would smile and wag her tail like crazy. She looked so proud of herself.

She played football too. She'd always get the ball past me and drop it in the basket and I'd yell "Touch down"!

I will always love this dog. If it's true that your pets will greet you when you die, I'm no longer afraid to pass on myself as I know my precious Ginger will be there to meet me with healthy limbs and her big goofy smile.

+Quote Post
Steph
post Aug 26 2005, 08:10 AM
Post #90

Member No.: 363

OP here. I'm just astounded by how this thread has grown. I'm glad that our furbabies live on here. I just read up on all the new ones on here. I'm so sorry that all of you lost your special friends. I guess my Luba has a lot more company now!
I wish you all healing, and that you reach the state of peace that comes with time (sometimes a lot of time) after a death.

--------------------
"My heart has joined the thousand, for my friend stopped running today."
- Watership Down, Richard Adams

+Quote Post
RubysMom13
post Sep 4 2005, 11:48 PM
Post #91

Member No.: 1,117

In remembrance of Ruby
5/13/1986 - 9/4/2000
Five years ago my precious girl departed from this world to the realm of spirit.
Five years ago, in grief, I found this message board and found comfort here.

I know now that love cannot die and the Ruby is with me still and for always.

Thanks to all who share here.

Claire

+Quote Post
dflagel
post Sep 13 2005, 02:10 PM
Post #92

Member No.: 1,125

Name: Molly
Born: April 21, 1994
Died: September 8, 2005
Molly came into our life: July 15, 1994
Favorite nicknames: "Mollymeister", "Mol", "Mollykins", "Mollygirl"
Favorite activities: Sleeping on the front portch, watching the bird feeders from her window perch, chasing deer out of the front yard, and basking in the sun

We miss you Molly and can't wait to see you again. We will look after you brother Ted for you.
Attached image(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
BogiesMom
post Sep 13 2005, 03:30 PM
Post #93

Member No.: 1,129

My Sweet Bogie: Thank you my baby boy for giving daddy and I close to 10 magical years with you. We miss you so much and love you with all our hearts. Rest in peace my beloved and greatly missed boy.

Born: 10-26-95 We got him at 8 wks old. Just the cutest little handful of blonde fur.

Died 9-8-05 after a 2 day illness resulting in a diagnosis of multiple organ inoperable cancer.

Favortite nicknames: Mommy's little boy, Daddy's big boy, Bogieboy, my little peanut, to name a few.

His favorite activities: Pleasing his mommy and daddy was THE single most important thing to Bogie. Watching his squirrel friends out the window, then running like crazy to chase them away. Going for a ride in the car. Going to see his girlfriend, Lady (black ##er that died 2 yrs ago). He just loved being WITH us. It didn't matter what we were doing, as long as it was together.

(I have tried attaching his picture several times and it says 'you cannot upload this kind of a file'. If anyone has the time and patience to offer any suggestions to help me, I would surely appreciate that.) He's such a beautiful boy, I'd love to share his pic.

This post has been edited by LS Support: Sep 13 2005, 06:28 PM

+Quote Post
LS Support
post Sep 13 2005, 05:59 PM
Post #94

Forum Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

bogiesmom, files cannot have spaces in their names, and the extension (jpg, gif, doc, etc.) needs to be in lowercase for the software to find the attachments acceptable. i have inserted what you sent into your post above smile.gif

great pics fellow pet lovers, do take care to watch your file sizes (w x h) and byte size (kb) for those who have older computers.

--------------------

click map

Visit Our Website

Support This Site

Pet Loss Blog

Pet Loss Books

While all people here help each other, there are
times where an advanced degree of help may be needed.

If at any time you feel overwhelmed or consumed
by grief, it is always best to seek professional help.

+Quote Post
LS Support
post Sep 13 2005, 06:06 PM
Post #95

Forum Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

please continue posting to this thread HERE

note: clicking link will open up a new window, for those running pop-up blockers.

--------------------

click map

Visit Our Website

Support This Site

Pet Loss Blog

Pet Loss Books

While all people here help each other, there are
times where an advanced degree of help may be needed.

If at any time you feel overwhelmed or consumed
by grief, it is always best to seek professional help.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5
Closed TopicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:44 PM