IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Site Rules and Courtesies

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Too Many Losses And Now Clyde Is Gone Also, German Shepherd Died Thursday Aug.22.
Chief
post Aug 25 2013, 08:10 PM
Post #1

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 8,078

Hi, I am new to this forum. I lost my big beautiful male 9 yr old German Shepherd suddenly Thursday night. He was playing, ate a good supper and then wanted his evening truck ride. My friend, myself, and my two other German Shepherds went for a ride. He was fine and even had a treat while out for his ride. We arrived home. He hopped out of the truck, made it about 15 feet, keeled over and was gone. I tried to bring him back and he took his last breath while I was doing mouth to mouth on him. He had been healthy and I did not know he was sick. My dogs have the best medical care available.

His autopsy done on Friday showed he had dilated cardiomyopathy. Sometimes with this there are no symptoms.

I watched my Mom die the same way just 5 years ago on September 28. She keeled over and there was nothing I could do to help her either. Died in a very similar way. My Dad died the following day on September 29. This is not a joke. It really did happen.

A few short months after the deaths of my parents I lost my entire family due to estate fights. My 3 German Shepherds were all I had. I don't think I can go on. I can't take any more loss.

Chief

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Scarlett's M...
post Aug 25 2013, 08:48 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 8,044

I am so sorry to hear about all your losses. I am currently grieving the loss of our furry baby and am devastated. I read your post and had to reach out to you. I know that words can not remove the pain you are feeling just wanted to let you know that I am sending you healing energy and wanted to let you know that you are not alone. This forum is helping me and my husband with our grief - you are amongst friends here and many will reach out to you.

+Quote Post
janika
post Aug 26 2013, 03:33 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 6,120

Dear Chief

I am so very very sorry for the sudden loss of your beloved boy. We too lost our beautiful big Akita, Pixie in a similar way 29th May this year. Vet said 'heart failure'. She was perfectly healthy (or seemed so to us) and then gone. It seems so unfair, but the one thing that's getting me through is that she didn't suffer for long, it was so sudden.. poor consolation, I know when the loss is so devastating, but no way would we want our darlings to suffer.

You have been through so much. Life does seem very unfair at times, and it seems hard to carry on. Our loved ones be they human or furry's bring so much to our lives, and in time you will be able to smile when you think of them. I'm managing this now at times, still shedding lots of tears, but I just think they have just moved on to a better place and are watching over us. They will always be part of us, always in our hearts and souls.
It's hard to find the right words, but just knowing that we are not alone sometimes helps . This forum has helped me through the loss of 3 of my darling dogs. I have made some very good friends on here who I chat to regularly on FB. WE all have been through this heartache and we have a common bond.
Your other babies will be needing lots of love and care as they will feel the loss of their 'brother'. They will be so much comfort to you. Please give them all a hug from me.
Take care of yourself, Chief. Try and get out with your friend and all your dogs if you can. Yes it will be painful but I'm sure your darling will be running along at your side and happy that you can carry on.
Thinking of you.
Jan and my Angels xx

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Aug 26 2013, 06:24 AM
Post #4

Forum Moderator

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 4,861

Hi, Chief, please permit me to add my sincerest sympathies in the physical loss of your beloved Clyde. Losing a companion is never easy regardless of the circumstances or how long we are blessed with the privilege of their company. Losing a companion so unexpectedly intensifies the grief.

Chief, please let me try to reassure you that what you are feeling is very normal deep grief - - very painful both emotionally and physically, yes - - still very normal. Clincial professionals now recognize that the grief journey for the physical loss of a beloved companion is identical to the physical loss of human family member or friend. In many ways I can personally relate to the heavy burden of sorrow you are going through with the physical loss of both your parents and the compounding sorrow of a rift between you and family members due to estate settlements - - while now having the added burden of the unexpected physical loss of your beloved Clyde to deal with. Indeed, going through all the losses you have including now the sudden physical loss of your beloved Clyde can make you feel like you have suffered "the last straw" - - and seriously wonder how on earth you can struggle to carry on now.

Chief, this grief adjustment is filled with many different emotions that can overwhelm us all at one time - - it is a journey that is frequently referred to as a horror roller coaster ride. It is a journey that can only be traveled one day at a time, sometimes one moment at a time, in your own way and in your own time - - for you are now on a journey that cannot be reconciled in a minute, an hour, a day, a week, a month, or even 6 months - - for you are now on a journey that is filled with all the "first withouts" and the memories that right now seem too painful to endure that include "this time yesterday, last week, last month, last year".

But as Scarlett's Mom and Jan have so comfortingly shared with you, please let me add my reassurance that you are not alone in your grief adjustment journey. Each of us here do understand what you are going through, and we are here for you for as long and as often as you need us. You are among friends here, Chief.

The good news in the midst of this very painful journey is that the love bond you and your beloved Clyde share is eternal - - it is not restricted to the physical laws of time and space - - for your beloved Clyde is always and forever a part of your heart and memories, Chief - - he is always and forever a heartbeat close to you. And hopefully as your deep grief eases you will feel your beloved Clyde's sweet Living Spirit continuing to share your earthly journey as he always has and always will - - thus giving you the comfort, strength, and courage to continue living your life in a way that will honor the legacy of eternal love you and your beloved Clyde share.

I know all too well from first hand experience that when our hearts are entrenched in very deep grief there are no adequate words in any language that can soothe the seering pain of sorrow. Still I hope and pray the words I share with you will offer you some measure of comfort, support, encouragement, and hope as you travel your grief adjustment journey.

Thank you so much for honoring us by sharing your beloved Clyde with us, Chief. Perhaps sometime you will feel up to sharing a picture of him with us, but only if / when you want to. Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers, Chief, and please let us know how you're doing.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------
In heaven's perfect garden there is no grief or pain, and all of God's creation join the angels' sweet refrain.

The most blessed way I have of knowing God's comforting love and grace is to look into the eyes and heart of God's creatures' sweet angelic face.

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post Aug 27 2013, 01:54 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 7,067

Dear Chief

How can the human heart endure so many losses in such a short time. Your nother and father - how much they must have loved each other to pass into heaven together. and just reading your post about your beloved Clyde tells me that they taught you to have a hugely loving heart like theirs. It sounds like some family members didn't quite learn the lesson. do not worry about them. Every family has some and it's their loss not to go through life with that great love in their hearts.

You filled your life with your beautiful shepherds - no more wonderful and understanding a family can be found. One thing about animals, though, some of them don't show any symptoms except a sudden death. Last spring I lost my beautiful half lab/half Newfie named Rufus. I had to go half a continent away to help care for my sister with cancer so I left Rufus in the care of his loving foster mother (he was a rescue). One day i got a call from her that Rufus had thrown up the night before and wouldn't eat his breakfast.. Long, painful story short, he had a huge tumor on his spleen which had spread to his heart. These tumors are not solid but are masses of newly (mal)formed blood vessels. Even a fall can cause them to rupture and the animal to bleed to death. At supper time I got a call from the Vet School to which my wonderful vet had taken him asking me what I wanted to do. There was only one answer and my heart is still broken.

Chief and Rufus are now in the Perfect World. They have shed their physical bodies and become spirits. Spirits can be in two places at once, so they are also where they ever were - right by our sides, guiding us, protecting us, and, most important, loving and being loved by us. Sometimes you can feel their presence, especially right after they have gone home. The only thing that has changed is that we can no longer "sense" them by sight, hearing, smell or touch. But that does NOT mean they are NOT. They are. And they waiting for us in the perfect World, where we will join them never to be parted. Meanwhile, the heartache - that never gose away - is there because we have exchanged parts of each others' souls. You are carrying a piece of Clyde's soul and he is carrying a piece of yours. The missing piece will ache until you are reunited. Then eternal happines will be yours.

Remember this: that the pain we feel when someone departs is in proportion to the love we have for them. Clyde loves you beyond measure. And you love him beyond measure. This bod of love will sustain both of you until you see each other again.

Gretta and Rufus's mom

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 02:14 PM