Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Shelley, a loving 'mommie' Calico
moon_beam
post Jun 17 2012, 09:36 AM
Post #41

Forum Moderator

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 4,861

Hi, DannysMom, thank you so much for sharing with us how you, your precious Mindy and baby girl Shelley are doing. Sounds like your Mindy is going through a "tom boy" stage - - and what better way to let the energy out than rough housing with a fellow house mate!!! Poor baby Shelley - - it's a challenge being the "under cat". But she has her Forever Mom on her side, and she knows you will not let her "big sister" hurt her, as I'm sure little Mindy would not want to anyway. Sounds like your baby girl is a "lady" - - I'm soooo glad you have both your precious Mindy and baby girl Shelley in your heart and life.

I hope today is treating you and your precious girls kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious fur family will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. Thank you so much for sharing your precious baby girl with us. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, DannysMom, and of your precious girls. Please know you, your precious little Mindy and baby girl Shelley are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news, and your treasured memories of your beloved Danny and Tina.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------
In heaven's perfect garden there is no grief or pain, and all of God's creation join the angels' sweet refrain.

The most blessed way I have of knowing God's comforting love and grace is to look into the eyes and heart of God's creatures' sweet angelic face.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Jun 20 2012, 04:25 PM
Post #42

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 7,464

Moon_beam, thanks for stopping by and commenting on my girls. They bring me so much joy, and I am glad they get along so well, because I had hoped so much that Shelley would be a good friend to Mindy. I think Shelley can put up with Mindy's antics, because she raised three kittens, and they were probably very rambunctious with their mommie.

I finally caught the girls on film, so you can see how much fun they're having. Notice Shelley's patient look as Mindy is play biting her.

Attached Image

--------------------
Danny: March 4, 2001 - December 28, 2011
Tina: October 27, 1997 - April 28, 2012

To live in hearts we leave behind is not to die.

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Jun 21 2012, 10:29 AM
Post #43

Forum Moderator

Hi, DannysMom, thank you so much for sharing with us how you, your baby girl Shelley and precious Mindy are doing. Shelley certainly looks like she's "down for the count" with Mindy on top of her. Shelley is a very patient little sister, and a wonderful housemate for Mindy and you.

I hope today is treating you and your precious girls kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious fur family will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. Thank you so much for sharing your precious baby girl with us. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, DannysMom, and of your precious girls. Please know you, your precious baby girl Shelley and little Mindy are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news, and your treasured memories of your beloved Danny and Tina.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------
In heaven's perfect garden there is no grief or pain, and all of God's creation join the angels' sweet refrain.

The most blessed way I have of knowing God's comforting love and grace is to look into the eyes and heart of God's creatures' sweet angelic face.

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Jun 23 2012, 04:42 PM
Post #44

Yes, Shelley was "down", but not "out"! smile.gif Here are the girls, playing paddy cakes. They are almost the same size, not much difference between them. Shelley is more large-boned and muscular than Mindy, and this is due to her Siamese heritage. I think she is probably 1/4 Siamese. I sure wish I knew more about her history. Shelley likes walking up to Mindy to get her dose of loving, a good "washing" behind the ears and on the head. I am just still so amazed at how well they get along. Yesterday, Mindy tried her hand at chasing after a toy ball, but Shelley always interfered and ran off with it.

Attached Image

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tom's Dad
post Jun 23 2012, 05:08 PM
Post #45

Member No.: 6,946

DannysMom

Awwwww. That is just TOO cute! I with Theresa and Tang got along like that.

--------------------
Nature's first green is gold
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf's a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Jun 24 2012, 12:37 PM
Post #46

Forum Moderator

Hi, DannysMom, thank you so much for sharing with us how you, your precious Mindy and baby girl Shelley are doing, and this wonderful picture of your girls. Sounds like Miss Shelley is coming out of her shell, feeling more confident, and finding ways to "best", or annoy, her big sister (even though Miss Shelley is older than Mindy, Mindy is still her "big sister" in "seniority") - - such as running off with the toys!!!! I know how concerned you were for awhile when your baby girl joined the household that perhaps Mindy might not accept her. I am so oooooo thrilled for you and your precious girls that Miss Shelley is finding her own place with her Forever Home.

I hope today is treating you and your precious girls kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious fur family will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. Thank you so much for sharing your precious baby girl with us. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, DannysMom, and of your precious girls. Please know you, your precious Miss Shelley and little Mindy are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news, and your treasured memories of your beloved Danny and Tina.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Jun 25 2012, 06:56 PM
Post #47

Thank your for your kind words, moon_beam. I too am thrilled that Mindy and Shelley are getting along and are playing together. Last night Mindy was stalking Shelley and blocked her path when she came around the couch, but Shelley just jumped right over Mindy and sped away. Mindy looked dumbfounded and didn't know what to do. Mindy also had Shelley in a prolonged headlock last night. Her little paws were wrapped so tight around Shelley's neck that I thought she was going to strangle her. Poor Shelley shrieked and freed herself from Mindy's grip. I don't know why Mindy likes to play rough like this.

Today, after I brought Shelley back from the vet, Mindy was very affectionate towards her and gave her a good "bath". She seemed glad to see Shelley and was mindful of her vet visit and treated her gently. Shelley had some diarrhea with streaks of bright red blood (Hematochezia). She didn't have a fever and seemed okay otherwise. Still, it worries me as I don't know what's causing it, and I'll have to keep an eye on my little girl. I am very concerned about her and just hope it's nothing serious. This is the second incidence of the bloody diarrhea. The first time it was caused by food she couldn't tolerate, but this time there has been no change in food.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tom's Dad
post Jun 27 2012, 06:50 PM
Post #48

DannysMom

I do hope your Shelley will be OK. I cross posted in my thread as well. Hugs and prayers. TTFN

TTT

--------------------
Her hardest hue to hold.
But only so an hour.
So Eden sank to grief,
Nothing gold can stay.

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Jun 27 2012, 07:01 PM
Post #49

QUOTE (Tom's Dad @ Jun 27 2012, 07:50 PM) *
DannysMom

I do hope your Shelley will be OK. I cross posted in my thread as well. Hugs and prayers. TTFN

TTT

Thanks for the hugs and prayers! I'm becoming quite attached to Miss Shelley and hope she lives at least 20 years! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
xxForeverxx
post Jul 3 2012, 07:13 AM
Post #50

Member No.: 7,430

I find it the best thing to watch my cats play fight like yours are in the photos. My boy Fudge and the new addition Ellie will sit facing each other just staring and then suddenly one will take the jump and they will both be on the floor. Its hilarious!

I hope Shelley is ok. I am sure she will be fine. Keep us up to date about her situation. Its lovely that Mindy welcomed her home so lovingly though. That just shows how special Mindy is.

xxForeverxx

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Jul 3 2012, 06:35 PM
Post #51

xxForeverxx, thanks for stopping by. I always look forward to hearing from you. I am so glad that Ellie is getting along so great with Fudge. Shelley is doing much better, thanks to the Florentero probiotic tablets. She always meows excitedly when I put them in her bowl. She is such a talker! She chirps, grunts, and squawks! When she sees a bug she meows to let me know and won't rest until I investigate. Mindy always goes on bug patrol down by the door at night to keep the crickets from coming in. It's funny, because Danny used to do the same thing.

--------------------

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Jul 4 2012, 03:19 PM
Post #52

This is a nice photo of Miss Shelley where you can see her soft, green eyes. She really has such gentle eyes. Miss Shelley has graduated from Kitty Play 101 with flying colors. Yesterday she made Mindy hiss while wrestling with her. Shelley is now well versed in all the ins and outs of kitty play. Drill sergeant Mindy has successfully 'toughened' her up. smile.gif

Attached Image

--------------------

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Jul 4 2012, 03:52 PM
Post #53

Forum Moderator

Hi, DannysMom, thank you so much for sharing with us how you, your precious Mindy, and baby girl Shelley are doing, and for sharing this wonderful picture of your beautiful baby girl. I am so chuckling at her graduation from Kitty Play 101. So Mindy is now having the tables turned on her. That is so funny.

I'm so glad that Miss Shelley is doing so well with the Florentero probiotic tablets. I know this takes a concern off your mind because it seems like since she's been on them she has been doing better with her digestive system. I hope this continues to be the case, my friend. She was such a young baby when she had her kittens and she did not receive the proper care she needed during her motherhood time which does take a toll on the physical body. I am sooo glad she now has you for her Forever Mom.

I hope today is treating you and your precious girls kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious fur family will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. Thank you so much for sharing your precious baby girl with us. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, DannysMom, and of your precious girls. Please know you, your precious Miss Shelley and little Mindy are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news, and your treasured memories of your beloved Danny and Tina.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tom's Dad
post Jul 4 2012, 04:53 PM
Post #54

Awwww. What a great picture of miss Shelley!

"Soft kiity, warm kitty. Little ball of fur. Happy kitty, sleepy, kitty. Purr, purr, purr."

--------------------
Her hardest hue to hold.
But only so an hour.
So Eden sank to grief,
Nothing gold can stay.

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Jul 8 2012, 04:34 PM
Post #55

Tom's Dad, thanks for stopping by and commenting on Shelley's picture. Yesterday was a very special day for me and Miss Shelley. She actually sat with me and let me cuddle her for a little bit. She is not a lap cat, so I was very surprised. She purred like crazy and her whole body was vibrating with the purrs. I told her how much I appreciate her and that we need to do this more often. She rubbed her head against my hand and licked my hand and looked at me so gently with those soft green eyes. Oh, what a wonderful feeling to be loved by this little kitty! smile.gif

The past few days we have been so miserable because of the heat, and my AC is not keeping up. I am supposed to get a new compressor now, because it is not operating as efficiently as it should. I hope that will help. It is 86 in here and it just won't budge. It feels like a giant oven, and I just want to jump in a tub full of ice water.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tom's Dad
post Jul 8 2012, 04:44 PM
Post #56

DannysMom, you are welcome. (The song is from TBBT, it just seemed appropriate)

I'm so sorry your AC is still acting up. Do you live in an apartment? If so, I'd be kicking some maintenance butt. When mine acted up last year, the weekend guy at least brought me a window unit. But even with that...yeah I feel your suffering.

So glad to hear of your special moment with Shelley. Tang did that in the beginning, as did Theresa. Rescues are so very thankful and affectionate. Actually, I kind of miss Tang on the back for the chair petting my head with his tail the way Tom used to rolleyes.gif

I hope you get your AC fixed ASAP and can somehow keep cool. TTFN

TTT

--------------------
Her hardest hue to hold.
But only so an hour.
So Eden sank to grief,
Nothing gold can stay.

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Jul 9 2012, 11:59 AM
Post #57

Forum Moderator

Hi, DannysMom, thank you so much for sharing with us how you and your precious Miss Shelley are doing. How sweet that she cuddled with you in your lap. I know this means a great deal to you, and hope this "special moment" will evolve into an ongoing tradition for you both to enjoy.

I hope you are able to get your AC unit fixed quickly. About 3, maybe 4, years ago I had to have a new compressor installed in the unit to the upstairs - - and of course during the hottest part of the summer. Hopefully this repair will be covered by the apartment management so that you will not have to pay for it.

I hope today is treating you, your precious Miss Shelley and little Mindy kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious girls will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. Thank you so much for sharing your precious Miss Shelley with us. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, DannysMom, and of your precious girls. Please know you, your precious Miss Shelley and little Mindy are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news, and your treasured memories of your beloved Danny and Tina.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Jul 10 2012, 05:30 PM
Post #58

Tom's Dad and moon_beam, thank you both for stopping by and posting comments. Hopefully they will fix the AC tomorrow if the weather is better. They did get the part in today. Miss Shelley has a bad case of tapeworms! Yikes! I am so glad that she pooped on the floor today, because I wouldn't have seen the worms otherwise. I suspected that the last time I had her at the vet, but they didn't find anything. Sigh! I took both Shelley and Mindy, because Mindy could have it too and I don't want to have to go back there with her another time. The vet tech said she never saw so many tape worms in a cat's poop. I felt so bad. This is all my fault. I wished poor Shelley could have been treated for this sooner. Both my girls were so good at the vet, but Mindy got very concerned when they took Shelley in the back room. I told her that she'll be back shortly. Mindy is so protective of Shelley and they just love each other as if they were litter mates. They both got a pill to kill the tapeworms and another pill to kill the fleas. I can't put any topical flea treatment on either of them, because they play with each other and lick each other's head and neck. They were so good about taking the pills.

Shelley is weighing in at 8 pounds now, so I need to start giving her a bit less food from now on. Mindy unfortunately weight 10.4 (gasp!) pounds!!! She really shouldn't weigh more than 9 pounds, so I have to watch her portions even more. I don't care for the weight control food as it really doesn't help. It has a bunch of carbs which makes them even more hungry.

Mindy and Shelley seem to be inseparable. Just a few minutes ago, Mindy was snuggled up against Shelley's body and she was "washing" her again. I LOVE my girls! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tom's Dad
post Jul 10 2012, 06:37 PM
Post #59

DannysMom

So sorry to hear about the tape worms sad.gif Theresa had a bout of that a while back. The only thing that's really been wrong with her other than that upper resp/inner ear infection scare when I first got her. But, they gave us some medicine and flea prevention and it cleared right up. Sound like your girls got the same. Hope they feel better soon. TTFN

TTT

--------------------
Her hardest hue to hold.
But only so an hour.
So Eden sank to grief,
Nothing gold can stay.

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Jul 11 2012, 01:29 PM
Post #60

Forum Moderator

Hi, DannysMom, thank you so much for sharing with us how you, your precious little Mindy and baby girl Miss Shelley are doing. I hope this finds you and your precious girls doing well and in good spirits.

Hope the medication for the worms will help them. You may want to use disposable gloves when you clean their latrines, and of course I know this goes without saying - - wash your hands thoroughly afterward.

Sounds like your precious girls are doing well otherwise and enjoying each other's company. And I know you are enjoying having them in your heart and home. I hope you will be able to get the AC unit fixed today so that you and your precious fur tribe will be more comfortable.

I hope today is treating you, your precious Miss Shelley and little Mindy kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious girls will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. Thank you so much for sharing your precious Miss Shelley with us. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, DannysMom, and of your precious girls. Please know you, your precious Miss Shelley and little Mindy are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news, and your treasured memories of your beloved Danny and Tina.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:22 AM