Forum Rules Site Rules and Courtesies

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Life Is Too Short
trace123
post May 5 2005, 09:42 AM
Post #1

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 647

This site provides us all with an outlet to express our grief and support for one another during what is truly a most difficult time. I have to wonder why some feel that they have to use this site for any other purposed than it was orignally intended.

Life is far too short to have to deal with such nonsensical drama and animosity. We are on this site for for a reason, not to engage in juvenile back-n-forth bantering with one another. If that is your desire, take it to another board somewhere else.

The long, mean-spirited, venomous diatribes that have become commonplace on her are pointless and serve to only alienate those who this site was designed to help, grieving owners of "family" who have passed on. For some, lashing out is a way to deal with grief, however, name calling and angry rhetoric should never come into play in any of our posts.

I hope that we can all keep it civil and be kind to one another. If not, what is the point of coming here in the first place?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Romeo's_daddy
post May 5 2005, 11:03 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 589

Trace,
I understand what you are saying and believe me when I tell you that I am embarrased to have to be a part of the ongoing problem. Unfortunately, pretending it never happened is not a viable solution. By doing so would cause the underlying feelings to remain only to surface again at a later time. I feel that except for a 24 hr period of time, I have kept my comments civil and have done my best to explain my position in a non agressive manner. In the event this situation continues over the next week, I simply will leave in order to stop the others from having to be subjected to this. I rarely post for my own support anymore so if I need to stop coming here the impact will not be hurtful to me. In any event, there are also other boards I can go to if I feel that I need some support or advice. We'll see what happens. I hope you can understand my position.

+Quote Post
trace123
post May 5 2005, 11:09 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 647

My posting was not directed towards any one particular member or another. I just know that when I first came upon this site, I needed support in what was my darkest hour. I received that from so many kind souls on here. Regardless of what has transpired between members, I would hope that we could remember back to when we all stumbled on to this site for the first time; with hearts full of sorrow, grief and pain.

This site is a living breathing testament to humanity and our love for our departed furbabies. As I said earlier, life is too short for drama. Let's all play nice, fore all members of this site are here for no other reason but to grieve and support one another.

+Quote Post
LS Support
post May 5 2005, 02:25 PM
Post #4

Forum Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

what i always suggest to people experiencing an overload of emotion is to take a break.

L-S can be a 'heavy' place for many people who remain for a while. it is the reason why i no longer can read most of the posts here,
after nearly 9 years in this community the sadness and grief is just too much to deal with day in and day out.

--------------------

click map

Visit Our Website

Support This Site

Pet Loss Blog

Pet Loss Books

While all people here help each other, there are
times where an advanced degree of help may be needed.

If at any time you feel overwhelmed or consumed
by grief, it is always best to seek professional help.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 10:50 AM