Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tom's Dad
post Apr 2 2012, 06:25 PM
Post #2

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 6,946

LoveMyMickey

What a handome group of doggies! I'm sure they are all up in Heaven looking over you and frollicing with Sir Thomas and all the other fur babies.

--------------------
Nature's first green is gold
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf's a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.

+Quote Post
Cheryl83
post Apr 3 2012, 09:54 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 6,508

Thank you for sharing these beautiful fur-babies with us. I'm sure they're all having a lot of fun together at the bridge smile.gif

Take care, Cheryl

--------------------
It broke our hearts to lose you, but you didn't go alone,
For parts of us went with you ... the day God called you home

My beautiful Angel, Daisy - I will love and miss you forever xx

+Quote Post
LoveMyMickey
post Apr 3 2012, 06:37 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 7,071

Thank you Cheryl and Tracy. When I get the time I would like to share some stories about them. smile.gif

--------------------
"Love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation."

+Quote Post
Cheryl83
post Apr 4 2012, 11:06 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 6,508

Oh, we would love to hear all about them, when you get the chance smile.gif

--------------------
It broke our hearts to lose you, but you didn't go alone,
For parts of us went with you ... the day God called you home

My beautiful Angel, Daisy - I will love and miss you forever xx

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post Apr 22 2012, 06:07 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 7,067

Love My Mickey

Thank you for sharing these incredible pictures of your "pack". Each one of them radiates that special love that comes from having found a soul-mate and a forever home.

Thank you also for your words of comfort, care and support for me over the past year. It's been a ride for both of us. I send my love, care and what strength I have to you today and every day.

Gretta is so lucky that she has these three incredible friends up where they all live.

Take care,

Gretta's mom

+Quote Post
LoveMyMickey
post Jul 15 2012, 01:01 PM
Post #7

1979 - 1990....Mugsy Princess, (purebred Bassett)
We got her from a divorced couple, a relative. They had two Bassetts, the wife took one and soon afterward it got run over and died. We took Mugsy, had her for about 9 years. She was so sweet and good natured. One afternoon she and I were sitting side by side on the back porch steps, (different house than where we live now). All of a sudden she put her big paw on my leg while looking straight ahead as if to say, "are we having fun yet?"

She loved to eat, but one day while outside, I gave her a raw oyster. She smelled it, then kept rolling on it. She probably said to herself, "that's nasty." She did gain weight after we got her and our vet always teased us about our big Bassett.
We had a fenced in back yard, so we let Mugsy out one summer night to do her business. All of a sudden she started barking and chasing a opossum. The opossum sat on top of the fence with Mugsy underneath. Mugsy scared the poop out of that opossum and it landed right on top of her. Good thing it was summer because I had to use the water hose to give her a bath.

One year Mugsy got real sick with pancreatitis. The vet gave her an IV and meds. She got well, but had to take digestive enzymes the rest of her life.

She also loved to ride in the car with her right front leg perched on the passenger side window like a person. She got a lot of attention from people. When we told her to speak she would say Grrrrrrrr.

A few months before she passed away, we noticed a bulge on her backside, some kind of growth in the muscle. It pressed on her intestines and spine and made it hard to go to potty. She had surgery, but the vet said it was too large to remove. She recovered from surgery and did okay for a few weeks. Then she lost her appetite and went downhill from there. One morning as we were getting up, we heard her moaning in pain and couldn’t get up. We knew she was in a lot of pain and the decision had to be made. So on that cold March 24, 1990 morning with snow flurries, my husband laid her on the front seat of the car and drove her to the vet. The vet came out to the car and ended her pain. We buried her in our back yard.

This was interesting, the person that gave us Mugsy just happened to be driving by our house that morning and felt something was going on because our car was parked close to the front door. He came back by later. Needless to say, we were all heartbroken and I still get tears thinking of “Mugs”, my big baby girl.

And then came little Annie a few months later.

1989 – 2001……Annie, (Maltese/Poodle)
A neighbor who lived across the small creek behind our house gave us Annie. They both worked during the day and had to leave her at home alone. She had separation anxiety and would chew on things while they were gone. So they would tie her up outside but she would often get loose. I would talk to her over our back fence. One day I saw Annie all curled up in their next door neighbor’s yard looking sad like she had been fussed at. Anyway I went around in our front yard and was trimming a bush. I looked down and there was Annie sitting and looking up at me so sad, as if to say, “will you help me?” I made her a bed on the back porch and she slept the rest of the day. When her daddy owner came home we told him what happened and he said they wanted to “get rid of her”. So we gladly took her.

Then in 1997 that little creek overflowed and flooded our house, lost almost everything. Anyway Annie was always a sweet little girl, went with us everywhere and, even in the furniture store to buy new furniture. She even lost most of her separation anxiety and learned to like riding in the car. We lived in a motel and an apartment for a few months until we found this house we live in now.

Annie was afraid of thunder and would shake. She also couldn’t stand any clicking sounds, but she didn’t mind me trimming her toenails. She always loved her baths and brushing. She was a great kisser too. She loved to take walks and play with her toys. After dinner I would say, “go computer” and she would follow me into my computer room. She would fluff up one of her beds and go lay somewhere else. When we told her to speak, she would sneeze.

She had a good life here with us and then her kidneys began to fail in 2001. She got an IV at the vets and I helped her eat and drink here at home, but she went downhill pretty fast. So in the afternoon of March 23, 2001 we knew we had to release her from her pain and weakness…We brought her back from the vet, fixed her real nice in her little bed with a blanket, toys, and her collar with my name on her name tag. We put her in a heavy duty plastic container and buried her in our backyard flower garden. She was my little “baby girl” for about 9 years. It still hurts as I write this.

And then came Mickey 5 months later.

1996 – 2011…..Mickey…(Maltese/Pekingese)
Our neighbor who worked at the vet clinic brought us a picture of 5 year old Mickey and said the couple could no longer care for him because of their health problems. I was still grieving for Annie and after I thought about it for a few days, we went to their house and got him. He made no fuss and sat in my lap as if he had known us for years. We all were in tears when we left their house. We fell in love with Mickey immediately.

We brought him home and fed him. He jumped up in his new daddy’s chair and took a nap as if he had lived here forever. He would sleep with us on our bed just like Annie did. But of course we bought him other beds also. I have written a lot about him in other threads but what really made us laugh was when he would make funny noises while fluffing up his bed and then sometimes go lay somewhere else. He was a little gentleman, he would never come in the bathroom when I was in there, unless he was getting a bath. He would stretch out on the hallway floor and wait for me to come out.

I have made a few craft items over the years, mostly stuffed animals and pillows. I have them laying around in a spare room and Mickey would go in there with me, sniff the animals, and then look at me as if to say, “I know these are yours mommy and I won’t bother them.” (he never did)….. He loved to lay on newspapers. When we would spread the Sunday paper on the floor to read it, he would lay down on it. Also we have a small hallway closet we keep newspapers in to be recycled. When we opened the door he would jump in and sit on them……..Of course, he loved his walks and playing with his many toys. He had a small soft football that he really loved and almost wore out. Pupperoni doggie treats were his favorite, but he liked other kinds too. When we told him to speak, he would sneeze or bark, sometimes at the same time. He spoke English one time. He was in the other end of the house when I called him and he kind of barked and howled out, “I ow awnt to.” (sounded like I don’t want to). He loved baby talk. One day Mickey and I were close to his bowl of water, so I said, “Git chew a nank”. So after that, if we both were close to the water, he would look around at me until I said that. Then he would drink. Thunder or fireworks didn’t bother him, but he didn’t like for us to trim his toenails. He loved to go in the basement with us during a severe storm warning. He would cuddle between us on the couch. (Oh , it is so lonely down there now.) He knew what “go computer” meant and we would share a snack in here. He also knew what “go bed now” meant and he liked for me to tuck him in.

One year he developed Mediated Immune Hemolytic Anemia. But with the right medicine we got him well. He also developed a heart murmur and did well for several years, always lively and happy. Then in Feb. 2011, his heart meds stopped working as well and he went downhill in a few days. He had Congestive Heart Failure. Some days were pretty good and some weren’t. The day he passed he had a pretty good day, had gotten up early and ate some hamburger and rice, plus water. He even barked at a neighbor later that day. In the late afternoon, his daddy and I were sitting in the living room. Mickey got in his little bed to take a nap, but all of a sudden he got up and passed out on the floor. We got down on the floor and comforted him until his last breath. He wasn’t in any pain because he was unconscious. We put him in his little bed, in a heavy duty plastic container. We put in some treats, toys, his collar with my name on his tag, and leash. Before we covered him with the little quilt I had made, we left it open for awhile. I would go over and kiss him several times before it was time to say goodbye. That was Tuesday, Feb. 22, 2011. We buried him beside Annie in our back yard flower garden. We had him for almost 10 years.

All three of these furbabies were special, but Mickey was/is “special special”. I believe God sent us this “special one” because he knew it might be our last. (I wish we could have cloned him.)

“Mickey, Annie, Mugsy, you all made our life complete. I know you all are enjoying Heaven’s Beautiful Garden, the Perfect World. We hope to join you all some day. We love and miss you so much.”

XOXOXO Your Mommy and Daddy XOXOXO

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bobbie
post Jul 15 2012, 10:59 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 7,068

Dear LoveMyMickey,

What an amazing and loving tribute to your three incredible children! From your descriptions, I feel that I know all of them! Oh, I can just feel the love and joy you gave to each one, in their own special ways. Only you and your hubby could do that. I tell you, there are some pretty proud doggies in Heaven right now, who have all the bragging rights for several days!

For some reason I did not remember that Mickey died on the same date as Trevor, only 5 months earlier. There is a reason for the special bond they have. What gorgeous and wonderful doggies! They are the lucky ones because they have you as their mommy and daddy.

Again, thank you for your precious poem that will be laminated and read to Trevor next Sunday (July 22nd). Plan to laminate my new letter to him, as well as anything his daddy or his grandparents wish to write. His grave will be covered with Beanie Baby dogs (the whole thing, not just around the edge) and he will have lots of flowers, too. We don't have a camera that would record that much space, but there will be pictures and so many memories.

LoveMyMickey, you are truly an angel on earth! Every Tuesday, I think of Mickey.

Have a good day tomorrow. I get my CT scans done in the morning - I'll prbably glow in the dark tomorrow night!

I LOVE YOU, LOVEMYMICKEY! wub.gif
XOBobbie

+Quote Post
LoveMyMickey
post Jul 28 2012, 06:33 PM
Post #9

Dear Bobbie,

Thank you for your kind words....It was an honor to write Trevor's poem and that you read it at his anniversary celebration...I hope it's okay with you for me to put Trevor's Tribute here along with my doggies.........Bobbie, you have been a good friend and helped me so much during the worst part of my grieving process. As long as this old brain functions, I will never forget you and Trevor......Love and Prayers, LoveMyMickey...

2008 – July 22, 2011

Ode To Trevor

The sweetest, bravest, kindest, Buff Cocker Spaniel ever.

One year ago today, sweet boy,
The angels took you away
To that Perfect World called Heaven
Forevermore to stay.

You were rescued to your forever home
Carrying so much fear and pain.
But with tender love and gentle care
Your mommy always helped you
Feel better again.

Everybody knew you had
Such a pure and loving heart.
But it was such a short time
Before you had to depart.

You taught us humans
So many meaningful life lessons
Before you had to leave,
But we never did quite learn
How not to grieve.

Your Sweet Living Spirit
Will help your family along the way.
Their pure undying love for you
Is in their heart to stay
Forever, Trevor

~~LMM~~

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bobbie
post Aug 4 2012, 11:01 AM
Post #10

Dear LoveMyMickey,

You are such an amzingly kind and thoughtful person! You know just when to pop in and say hello to Trevor and/or me and I always love it!

THANK YOU so much! especially today.

Love, wub.gif
XOBobbieXO

Dear Mickey,

Now I know why you are always bragging about your mommy (and daddy)! Incredible! You are so lucky and I'm so happy for you and your brothers and sisters.

Have FUN in Heaven today!

Love, wub.gif
XOAuntie BobbieXO

+Quote Post
Bobbie
post Aug 11 2012, 05:50 PM
Post #11

SPECIAL MESSAGE FOR: LoveMyMickey

RE: YOU

We knew you were special from the first day each of us saw you. So we just want to shout it out loud (are you listening?): YOU ARE THE BEST! laugh.gif wub.gif

+Quote Post
LoveMyMickey
post Aug 11 2012, 06:55 PM
Post #12

Oh My Sweet Angels!!! wub.gif

I thought I heard a Heavenly Noise and it was all my Angels. THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!!!! You all are the best too!!!!

Thank you also, Trevor's mommy, for helping with the message. smile.gif

I Love You All!!! wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif

XOXO LoveMyMickey XOXO

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bobbie
post Aug 12 2012, 10:10 PM
Post #13

OK, kids!!!!! Let's say it again and again and again................Mommy, you are the BEST!!!!!!! happy.gif happy.gif happy.gif

We'd say it louder, but Ms. Bobbie doesn't know how to work any of the settings on this site. So just close your eyes and you will hear all three of us:

WE wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif YOU, MOMMY!!!!!!!

Love,
XOMugsyXO, XOAnnieXO, XOMickeyXO

Me, too, Auntie LoveMyMickey!!!!!! XOTrevorXO
Don't forget me! XOGrettaXO

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post Aug 19 2012, 07:01 AM
Post #14

Hi Love My Mickey, Annie and Mugsy,

Thank you to a special friend. No wonder these three miracle dogs all chose you for their mom. Have a blessed day, my friend.

XOXO
Gretta and Rufus's mom

+Quote Post
Bobbie
post Aug 20 2012, 09:31 AM
Post #15

Dear LoveMyMickey,

This past weekend exhausted me, although I am proud that I could live through most of it! You are on my mind and in my heart constantly - forver! wub.gif

I LOVE YOU, MUGSY! wub.gif

I LOVE YOU, ANNIE! wub.gif

I LOVE YOU, MICKEY! wub.gif

Everybody gets a wub! wub.gif

With love,
XOAuntie BobbieXO

+Quote Post
Bobbie
post Sep 1 2012, 11:11 AM
Post #16

Hello Everybody!

Well, here WE are - all of us! Mugsy, Annie, Mickey, Trevor (and his brothers), Gretta and by proxie, Rufus! I kind of like this area better now - not as much critical scrutiny by those that are still hurting so much that they need to lash out to know they are still being.

Sit a spell, let us read and reread your mom's beautiu tributes to you and let's always check up on each other!

I'm going to write to Trevor later today.

I LOVE YOU, ANNIE, MUGSY and MICKEY!!!! wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif
and, OF COURSE, your mommy, too! wub.gif

XOAuntie BobbieXO

+Quote Post
LoveMyMickey
post Sep 5 2012, 06:34 PM
Post #17

Sending some LOVE to my Angel-Babies and our friends....

XOXOXO Your Mommy XOXOXO wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post Sep 7 2012, 06:28 AM
Post #18

Hello Love My Mickey

What a wonderful person you are to have these three incredible dogs choose you as their mom! And once again thank you so much more than words can say for all the support (and beautiful pictures) that you are giving Bobbie. Every one of your beautiful messages goes straight to her heart and gladdens it. We love you.

Gretta's mom (a Musketeer)

+Quote Post
JennC
post Sep 7 2012, 10:55 AM
Post #19

Member No.: 7,746

Thank you for sharing, I enjoyed reading about them.

+Quote Post
LoveMyMickey
post Sep 7 2012, 05:47 PM
Post #20

Gretta's Mom....Thank you so much for your kind words. I thank you and Bobbie for being faithful friends.

JennC....I'm glad you enjoyed my stories.

LoveMyMickey

--------------------

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 01:29 AM