IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Site Rules and Courtesies
4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Welcome To Our New Members!, Post your introductions here....
Arnold
post Aug 4 2004, 08:05 AM
Post #21

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 419

Hi MD and everyone else. MD - I join the others in saying a huge thank you for this site. I lost my Arnold only 3 days ago and the pain has been so intense . . . but being able to talk with others and share stories has already helped. And I go home and share what I read with David, trying to help him heal each day as I know he will not take part in a support group of any sort. This particular posting area, the Cybershoulder Room - is a good idea. It gives us a chance to get to know each other a little more personally and perhaps talk about other things than our loss - because you know, that's important too. We all need to make sure we have other things in our life than just our grief.

I'm amazed at how many of you are from Columbus, OH and/or surrounding areas. My son is a Junior at the Columbus College of Art and Design out there. I've been there only once - to take him to the school for registration. I had planned on visiting this month but the vet and animal hospital bills from this past weekend kind of ate up what I would have spent on making the trip.

I'm Nanci, and I live in Wisconsin. I am 51 and manage a small I.T. Department. Since I spend a good part of my day writing computer code, I also have access to the web so can sneak out here when I'm feeling a really bad bout of pain coming on. I love to garden and play tennis in the summer; in the winter I play racquetball several times a week. I have also gotten into scrapbooking this past year and, when I'm able to actually look at all the pictures of my Arnold I will scrapbook them into a memory book. I live with my significant other (aka David, or S.O.). We are both divorced and have 4 children between us. We plan to marry some day but right now finances are getting in the way. All of our children are off to college so Arnold was really our last little one at home.

I look forward to getting to know you all, both in the loss forum and here.

--------------------
Nanci
Arnold's Mom
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
LS Support
post Aug 4 2004, 11:45 AM
Post #22

Forum Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

welcome nanci, i am glad this site has been comforting for you, it can be such a great resource to "let it all out."

--------------------

click map

Visit Our Website

Support This Site

Pet Loss Blog

Pet Loss Books

While all people here help each other, there are
times where an advanced degree of help may be needed.

If at any time you feel overwhelmed or consumed
by grief, it is always best to seek professional help.

+Quote Post
Laura
post Oct 31 2004, 09:44 AM
Post #23

Member No.: 537

I just wanted to thank you for having this site. I just wish I knew about 2 years ago when my dog died, it would have been really helpful. I was really upset when she died, she was too young and it could have been prevented. She used to get out of the yard and go for walks and the guy across the road kept putting out snail bait. She'd eaten boxes of it before and survived but this time her heart just gave up sad.gif If we'd tied her up earlier she wouldn't have gotten out and eaten the box of snail bait. I know it sounds bad to say we tied her up but it was the only way she'd stay in the yard, she dug under the fence all the time. So my neighbour killed her and we couldn't do anything about it cos we didn't have proof or something. We know it was him because they're the only one's in the neighbourhood who don't have dogs, and he also hates dogs. Mum rang the RSPCA and the Council and there was nothing that could be done.

I'm 19, in Australia. She died 2 days before my 17th birthday and the day before my year 12 exams started. I hate my neighbour for what he did to her.

I'm gonna add this to my favourites smile.gif It'll be good to be around people who love their pets as much as I do.

--------------------
Cassie: 10/1/1996 - 11/9/2002. I love you, I miss you.

+Quote Post
LS Support
post Oct 31 2004, 03:44 PM
Post #24

Forum Administrator

I'm gonna add this to my favourites  It'll be good to be around people who love their pets as much as I do.

yes, this is the best way to get help to people...help spread the word whenever you know someone in need. welcome to the site smile.gif

--------------------

click map

Visit Our Website

Support This Site

Pet Loss Blog

Pet Loss Books

+Quote Post
Kathleen032
post Oct 31 2004, 09:56 PM
Post #25

Member No.: 536

Dear MD,

Thank you so much for having such a wonderful website. LS has been an answer to my prayers. For the last 6 weeks I've just been going crazy trying to stifle the grief I've been feeling over my lost baby, Shiloh. I thought I was the only person that was having such a difficult time dealing with my pet's passing. It's been nice having a place to share my emotions, my sadness, my stories...my loss with wonderful, kind people that are experiencing the same thing I'm experiencing.
Again, thank you.
Kathleen

--------------------
Shiloh and Hobbie, you're both gone from my arms, but forever in my heart.

Shiloh
1999 - Sept. 17, 2004

Hobbie
Aug. 14, 1996 - May 30, 2005

+Quote Post
LS Support
post Nov 1 2004, 12:46 PM
Post #26

Forum Administrator

i agree kathleen, why stifle when you can talk to others who feel the same way. im glad this resource is
available to everyone, wasnt much around when i lost tribble 8 years ago (then again, the web was still
kinda new too). welcome to the site and sorry to hear about Shiloh.

--------------------

click map

Visit Our Website

Support This Site

Pet Loss Blog

Pet Loss Books

+Quote Post
Bronte's Mom
post Nov 18 2004, 05:13 PM
Post #27

Member No.: 544

Hey MD and all the other furbaby parents,
My name is April, I've been surfing this site ever since I lost my 12 year old cat Bronte on October 30th. This site keeps me sane and lovingly connected to other mourners when I'm not at work. I live in San Diego and I'm a paramedic. Go figure I can spot and treat human ailments from a mile away, but couldn't tell my baby was sick. I feel for each and every one of you, and thank-you MD for a site that I can cry and help support others. It gets a little trying I suppose for friends and family who may not relate to grief of animal loss on this level. My roomate actually said that death of a pet is not like death of a parent, but more like losing your favorite pair of shoes...You really are bummed when you notice that there not in your closet.... Suffice is to say, I restrained the urge to throttle her on the spot. She was attempting to be understanding, I think. Anyways, thanks for all you support and advice. Big hugs, April

--------------------
My sweet angel Bronte, I miss you every second.

+Quote Post
LS Support
post Nov 19 2004, 12:26 AM
Post #28

Forum Administrator

welcome to the site April! glad you found us, but wish you didnt need to. over the years i have discovered at least one thing about pet loss: either you feel strongly about the passing of an animal or you dont. those who come here do feel strongly, and it makes the site and the support if offers strong as a result.

--------------------

click map

Visit Our Website

Support This Site

Pet Loss Blog

Pet Loss Books

+Quote Post
jan
post Nov 19 2004, 02:33 AM
Post #29

Member No.: 317

Hi, everyone!

My name is Jan and I live in a suburb of Atlanta. I found LS in early May, after the completely unexpected and devastating loss of my sweet lab girl, Phoenix. And, I am so grateful I found this site!

My husband and I have 6 other dogs (we used to be a foster home). We had a total of 9 dogs of our own to begin with - 3 have gone to God.

Mike and I have been married almost 20 years (next May) - we're human childless, but have plenty of canine love.

I'm an administrative assistant ( who is currently unemployed due to being laid off b/c the company I was with is going under). So, I'm actually enjoying spending the extra time with my babies right now.

+Quote Post
Rusty's Mom
post Feb 25 2005, 08:11 AM
Post #30

Member No.: 605

Dear MD,

My thanks, also for this wonderful site. It has been a lifesaver for me after the loss of my precious Rusty. I feel so fortunate to have happened upon LS and to have "met" all of its caring members. Thank YOU for caring so much about animals and the people who love them.

Lynn

--------------------
Rusty, I will always love you and never forget you. Thank you for more than 7 wonderful years.

XXOO

+Quote Post
LS Support
post Feb 25 2005, 08:48 AM
Post #31

Forum Administrator

the forums have been quite busy the last few months, both a blessing and a curse i suppose. i am glad people find LS of use in their time of need though.

--------------------

click map

Visit Our Website

Support This Site

Pet Loss Blog

Pet Loss Books

+Quote Post
IndysMom
post Feb 25 2005, 09:06 PM
Post #32

Member No.: 651

Hello all.
I too am grateful to have found LS. (MD, I would have never survived without it!)
I was so distraught after losing my little Australian Terrier, Indy on Dec. 28, 2004. I thought my level of grief was abnormal and many didn't understand my pain. My prayers were answered when I found the site.
The kindness of others have helped me through some very tough days.
Thank you MD, and all LS members.
Fran

--------------------
Regency's Independence
"INDY"
7/4/94 - 12/28/04

+Quote Post
kiarasmom
post Mar 3 2005, 07:33 PM
Post #33

Member No.: 726

Hello all!!
I'm so glad I found this site. My name is Terri and I live in Ohio. I have six rescued dogs, six cats and two ##atiels. All of my dogs are older. Four of the six have serious health problems and I know I'm facing some tough decisions in the future. My animals are my babies, as I'm sure is true for so many of you. I can't imagine what I'm going to do without them and how I'm going to deal with that pain. I've lost animals in the past and it's brought me to my knees. The stories and support I've read on these forums gives me hope that I'm not alone. It's so reassuring to know there are others out there who love their furbabies as much as I do.

--------------------
Terri and the Critter Crew
Dogs: Sage, Kiara, Casey, Rogue, Sydney & Samson
Cats: Scout, Lexie, Tigger, C.C., Merlin & McKenzie
Birds: Noelle and Nikki

+Quote Post
Africangirl
post Mar 5 2005, 09:35 AM
Post #34

Member No.: 741

Hi Everyone!

My name is Avril, and I have lived in Norwich, UK since May 2003 when I moved from South Africa with my 3 very special cats, Shanti, Austin and Little Patch. I am a very young 50 year old, my wonderful husband died very suddenly 15 years ago, and my cats are my world!

I came across this amazing site the other evening when I was sitting here feeling so very alone, and anticipating the fact that I was about to lose my beloved Shanti. My very special and beautiful girl had been ill for many months, and to this day we have no idea of just what was wrong. She was only 10 years old, but this awful cruel disease ravaged both her beautiful body and phenomenal mind. From the start, early last year, things seemed to steadily snowball, and I did absolutely everything I could to try to help her. It has horrified me to watch her steady decline this week, in particular, and when she was finally put to sleep Friday lunch time it was with a sense of excruciating pain but deep relief that she was set free, at last!

I am devastated to have lost such a very special little girl, who has played such an important role in my life for almost 9 years. I am a passionate animal lover and have lost many very dear pets in the past. Somehow this time it is so much more painful, and I am completely devastated. I know I will heal with time, but right now my entire being is wracked with the pain of having lost Shanti. In the end she had lost all dignity, and I have absolutely no doubt whatsoever that I gave her the Greatest Gift I could have when she was put to sleep yesterday.

I am completely heartbroken, but I do still have two extremely special furbabies. They also need extra love at this time, and I will give them both the care they so richly deserve.

I am so grateful to those here who have been so kind and supportive to me, and I will be sticking around here for a long time. It is wonderful to be able to support each other as we grieve for our dearly loved pets that have departed from this world

It is just a little over 24 hours since my beloved Shanti died. I am totally broken hearted, but I am consoled to know that her bright, beautiful spirit is free at last, and that this cruel, unknown disease that ravaged her body and her mind can no longer have any control over her.

I will take her ashes back to South Africa next time I go, and scatter them on a hillside overlooking Grahamstown, her home, where I scattered my beloved husband's ashes all those many years ago

RIP my angel ... you are free now and your suffering if over at last my precious girl!

+Quote Post
litebrez
post Mar 16 2005, 01:24 PM
Post #35

Member No.: 590

Huge applauds to the genious of Lightning Strike!

The awesome memory of your "dear friend", Tribble.........lives on by your special tribute........creating this remarkable support site for those who love and lost their
signifcant other...........as myself, with the passing of my child like pomeranian, Esabella.

I am not into surfing the web, but was driven to be somewhere during those depressive, dark days...........Finding Lightning Strike was my life support site. I spent endless hours day and night reading, writing and listening to people like myself who were lost, lonely, sad and depressed. Being here with this group is like having another family..............they truly give from their hearts with their caring support.

My friends call me Ellie May....saying I should have been a veterinarian.......instead of a nurse because of the love I have for animals and it is so true. I have had a great life with my cats and dogs over the years. I use to raise pomeranians. I still have Coco who is going to be sixteen years old in November. She had twenty two puppies over the years and Esabella came from the mother, Anastashia in the first litter. Because I was a traveling nurse, I had to narrow my family down to Coco and Esabella.

Last Thanksgiving, we were driving to the Carolina's when Esabella went into respiratory arrest. She passed away at the animal hospital after the wonderful doctor's worked endlessly for eight hours to save her life. I held in her in my arms as she left this world on November 23, 2004.

It has been and still is painful each day in missing her with all my heart. But, I am stronger now. I really don't know how I would have been............without being here.

Thank you..........MD and everyone who give much more than you can ever imagine as we share our love, sadness and joy..................together.

Litebrez.............in Florida

LMYE

+Quote Post
bohummer
post Mar 21 2005, 10:50 PM
Post #36

Member No.: 765

Thank you for setting up this site. Since joining I have posted two topics on the site in memory of my mini schnauzer, Bo. It has helped just to be able to write things about my love for him that I wanted others, even strangers, to know.
He was such a good boy....
and I will miss him so.
Your comrade in sorrow..........................

+Quote Post
LS Support
post Mar 22 2005, 11:00 AM
Post #37

Forum Administrator

welcome to everybody ive missed since the last time i said hello. getting married in june to a wonderful lady and we are way behind in everything, so
time is sparse at best. hope y'all find comfort here, i am glad to have provided the source for you to heal.

--------------------

click map

Visit Our Website

Support This Site

Pet Loss Blog

Pet Loss Books

+Quote Post
LS Support
post Apr 29 2005, 03:05 PM
Post #38

Forum Administrator

*bump* for the newest members since i last posted (over a month ago). glad you found LS, hope all of us can be of help to you!

--------------------

click map

Visit Our Website

Support This Site

Pet Loss Blog

Pet Loss Books

+Quote Post
Doxiemom
post May 1 2005, 02:31 PM
Post #39

Member No.: 858

Hi My name is Levona,
My friend was surfing the web last sunday and she ran across this site and showed it to me. I haven't felt like looking into it until today. Last Saturday I lost my baby Blackie. I have gone through the motions of life but inside I feel empty. Blackie was a black and tan silver dapple Doxie. She was on of the babies of my other two Doxies. Blackie was first born. Wilma was so young I was afraid she wouldn't know what to do but she did and finally I held the precious little squirming baby in the palm of my hand and I was hooked. We ended up adopting out the 2 little boys to good families (that was hard) but we had to keep the little girls. Blackie was always a little "fraidy cat" but she was bigger than her Momma and her sister. She was so funny. My Doxie's are my children. My husband and I don't have any children by choice. I teach school and now have my mom living with me. That's enough people to take care of for me. Two weeks ago on Sunday morn. Blackie some how hurt her back. She started dragging her hind legs. We took her to the vet and he said she had ruptured a disc in her back. If she made it she would never walk again. I was devistated. We decided to take her home and see what we could do for her. We contacted people that make doggie carts for dogs with this problem. They had good advice for us. By Thursday she was looking stronger and had less pain. By Friday evening though she started going down hill. She had got weaker and weaker and quit eating and drinking and she died Saturday April 23rd at 6:15pm. I have been crying off and on since. My family is not real supportive. They like animals but think they are just animals. My friends understand more. It is just so hard right now for me. This is not the first Doxie baby I lost either. My very first Doxie was Rufus. He was also a black and tan silver dapple. He was hit and run by my neighbors teenage kids on purpose. They had to come across the road to hit him. That was 5 years ago. This new death is just jaring the old one open also. I just need a place to talk about my feelings and this seems like a good place for it

+Quote Post
Jazzygirl
post May 2 2005, 10:40 PM
Post #40

Member No.: 777

Hi Levona!
Welcome to LS. This is a great place and I know for myself I have found great comfort here.
Please tell us more about Blackie in the Death & Dying support section. I am so sorry for your loss and share your pain and grieving.
Audrey

--------------------
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
You are his life, his love, his leader.
He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart.
You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
~Unknown

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:31 AM