14 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Missing My Babies Today
Jess
post Jul 30 2009, 08:17 PM
Post #21

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 5,759

Happy Birthday, Lynette. I'm sure your babies are smiling down at you today and sending you lots of love on your special day.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dusty Moonrise
post Jul 30 2009, 08:42 PM
Post #22

Member No.: 5,909

QUOTE (lynette @ May 25 2009, 09:44 AM) *
It's been seven weeks since we had to send Hunny to meet Lily. I still miss her so very much. Most of the day is fine, but every once in a while it's just like being hit by a tidal wave. Just a sudden wash of pain and sorrow for both Hunny and Lily. I can't believe it's been 11 months since Lily had to leave. I wish I could see them again. I have them both on a pet memorial site too, but I find it hard to go there since Hunny left. It's such an empty feeling without them, even though we have four other dogs. It's not the same. I wish they could have lived a lot longer. I sure hope these pups live to a ripe old age.

Just having a blue morning I guess.

lynette, I, too, have had hard time today, even though it has just been a month since I had to bury the love of my life, a 3&1/2 pound chihuahua named Bitsy! Yes, it hits me just as hard! Yes, it has ben so empty! But, following advice from my favorite Veterinarian Author, James Herriot, I took in another pet shortly after Bitsy passed. Fancy, a Jack Russell Terrier, is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING like my lost little chi! But, that is exactly what I and my family needed! If I had goten another chi, I would have constantly been trying to compare it with Bitsy, a comparison which would have been on SO many levels to have been unfair!

Grieve while you must, but, please consider taking in another little friend! You can NEVER replace either Hunny or Lily, but what you CAN do is share the love you had for them with another pet who is just as deserving!

Andy

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
petmum
post Jul 30 2009, 08:55 PM
Post #23

Member No.: 5,842

beautiful words Dusty Moonrise & oh so very true.
Go Gently Lynette
elaine

+Quote Post
lynette
post Jul 31 2009, 04:18 PM
Post #24

Member No.: 5,667

Thanks for all your kind words and birthday wishes.

It always brings tears to my eyes to read these posts.

We have four pups now. We adopted Izzy, a 4 year beagle ( a puppy mill rescue) just ten days after losing Lily. Izzy was surrended on the same day Lily flew to heaven. Sometimes, I like to believe that Lily gave up her place with us so that another baby could have the same love and affection that she was blessed with after she too was rescued from a humane society back in 2001.

Then we got Barney in November, he was just 8 weeks old, another beagle. Then just two weeks before we gave Hunny her angel wings we adopted Casey, a 6 month old beagle/cavalier cross. Hunny knew all three of them and loved each one. We had hoped that Hunny would have slipped away in her sleep, but I think she fought as long and hard as she did because of the pups. It still breaks my heart to think that we had to let her go.

And then just three weeks after Hunny left, George showed up at my workplace. I took him home because it was a Friday and I couldn't possibly leave him here all weekend. We looked for his family for about a month - no one phoned!! So now, we have George, a full blood border collie. We think he's about 1 1/2.

So, we have a full house again. My husband believes that Hunny sent George to watch over the beagles. Kinda sweet, but I'm not so sure about that.

Anyway, so we now we have two boys and two girls, three of whom nobody wanted. And they will never take the place of Hunny or Lily, but they each have their own special place in my heart.

I just hope that they live long healthy lives.

Take care everyone. And thanks again.

Lynette.

+Quote Post
petmum
post Jul 31 2009, 07:28 PM
Post #25

wow lynette that's gr8 news about your new fur family.
I like to think like you that hunny left so you cld hve izzy & george well I kinda like your husbands idea bout him too.
We still miss our fur companions and always will, I'm so glad you were able to love again.
elaine

+Quote Post
lynette
post Aug 14 2009, 10:10 AM
Post #26

Hi Hunny and Lily.

I am missing you both so very much today.

I have such a heavy heart today. Don't know why, just one of those days I guess.

I wish you could both come home - I could really use a hug.

Anyway, just wanted to say I love and miss you both so very, very much.

I love you babies.

Love Mum.

+Quote Post
tokolos
post Aug 14 2009, 10:45 AM
Post #27

Member No.: 6,021

Lynette:

I'm so sorry for how you're feeling today. I'm feeling the same way; my heart is heavy to the point that I feel like someone is sitting on my chest.

It's been one week since Magnus passed, and I'm missing him terribly. What I wouldn't give to go home, pick him up and just snuggle on the chair watching nothing in particular on TV.

+Quote Post
trevor
post Aug 15 2009, 03:43 PM
Post #28

Member No.: 5,997

QUOTE (lynette @ Aug 14 2009, 11:10 AM) *
Hi Hunny and Lily.

I am missing you both so very much today.

I have such a heavy heart today. Don't know why, just one of those days I guess.

I wish you could both come home - I could really use a hug.

Anyway, just wanted to say I love and miss you both so very, very much.

I love you babies.

Love Mum.

Lynette, sorry you were having such a rough day yesterday. Hopefully today will be better. I don't know about you but the weekends seem to be the hardest for me. Not that I don't miss Keesha a ton during the week but for some reason the weekends are really difficult. Isn't it strange how some days just hit you harder than others? You can have a few "ok" days and then all of a sudden it just hits you like a ton of bricks. Like you with Hunny and Lily I would do just about anything to be able to hug and kiss Keesha one more time...anyway take care.

+Quote Post
patricia
post Aug 17 2009, 01:22 PM
Post #29

Member No.: 5,599

dear lynette
i hope youre doing better today. im so sorry you were having a rough day. something that we all go thru. once they leave us, our lives are never the same again are they? just know that lucy and i send you a big big bear hug from california. and i bet if you give your littles ones at home an extra squeeze, lily and hunny will feel it "upstairs".
you are not alone.
patricia

+Quote Post
lynette
post Aug 17 2009, 03:49 PM
Post #30

Thanks Patricia.

I'll give them an extra big hug tonight and send a kiss "upstairs".

Thanks you so much.

+Quote Post
patricia
post Aug 17 2009, 05:43 PM
Post #31

QUOTE (lynette @ Aug 17 2009, 01:47 PM) *
Thank you Patricia.

The tears fell as I read your comforting words.

Thank you so very much.

Lynette.

dear dear lynette

i only say it because its the truth. it is so easy for us to stay behind and lay guilt on ourselves. lets honor their life by remembering how wonderful they were during our lifetime. they are born into this earth without one mean, angry bone in their body and they leave us the same way. if they were capable of having these emotions as we are, then they would be human... but lily and hunny would not want this for you. they would want you to release the heavy heavy burden you carry. they would want you know how much they will always love you and how much you mean to them. you gave them a beautiful life lynette. thats the part we all need to hold on to. how sad that we so quickly forget the happy moments with our loved ones and only choose to hold on to those horrible last moments. by doing so we do not honor them. i know how easy that is as i do it too. one moment at a time lynette. start chipping away at this horrible guilt that you carry. you dont deserve it and i know we can be our own worst enemy. you are such a wonderful person and i want you to know that. the comforting words that you have shared with everyone here have helped me tremendously in my own recovery. let your words be a comfort to you. if you say them believe in them for yourself too. lily and hunny would want you to be happy again as happy as when they were by your side. you are the only person that can release that guilt. its ok to miss them and grieve for them. i still grieve for my very first pet that i had when i was 6 but dont let the anger and guilt torment you. you are an amazing and loving individual. i can tell.
you are not alone i am and we are here to hold your hand. i want you to be happy again. and so does lily and hunny....
big big hug!
patricia

+Quote Post
lynette
post Aug 18 2009, 09:38 AM
Post #32

Thanks Patricia.

Today I said goodbye to my old friend
I pray some day we get to meet again
under one more clear blue sky
up there where the eagles fly

And we'll go walking in the sunshine
with a big smile on our face
race the river to the ocean
go splashing in the waves
and I'll wrap my arms around you
we'll be together once again
and I'll tell you how much I've missed you
my old friend

Yeah, I know you're up there looking down
on that rainbow bridge we talked about
there's a place for me and you
sonewhere up there behind the moon

And we'll go walking in the sunshine
with a big smile on our face
race the river to the ocean
go splashing in the waves
and I'll wrap my arms around you
we'll be together once again
and I'll tell you how much I've missed you
my old friend.

This is a Johnny Reid song - I just love it. Apparently this is what he wrote about this song -

"This song was written the day I had to say goodbye to "My Old Friend" Wallace. I was given 7 minutes to relive 14 years, this proved to be impossible, as I watched and felt him go to sleep for the last time, I held him in my arms. I continued to hold him and tell him how much he meant to me. I drove home alone and with a broken heart went straight to my music room and wrote this song.

His love and friendship will live forever in my heart. His song is not a song of sadness but a song of celebration for the life and all the time we spent together."

Hunny and Lily -and all my other babies up there at the Rainbow Bridge - this song is for you too! I love you all with all my heart and soul. And I hope we'll get to walk together again in the sunshine.

Love you babies.

Love Mum

+Quote Post
patricia
post Aug 18 2009, 07:23 PM
Post #33

so tough to read but so beautiful. i cant wait for that day! i imagine a sea of our furry friends and as we call out their names they run and jump in our arms to never part again. i cant imagine a happier day.
thank you lynette!!!
patricia

+Quote Post
lynette
post Aug 19 2009, 12:47 PM
Post #34

Dear Hunny and Lily.

I hope you guys are having lots of fun up there.

I miss you both so much.

Today is Barney's birthday. He turns one today. It's gonna be sad not to have you both here with us today. I know you'll be here in spirit though. I know there will be lots of birthdays when I get there.

We baked him a cake - a doggy recipe of course. He'll be excited. I know you'd be so proud of him Hunny.

Casey's is just a couple weeks away too.

I gave Izzy a great big hug and kiss yesterday and asked her to pass it on to you when she sees you again. She often looks up at the ceiling like she's looking at someone. I like to believe she's looking at you Hunny and you too Lily. I know you never met Izzy, Lil. I think you two would have gotten along so well.

Anyway, just wanted to say I love you and I miss you. And that I'll be thinking of you later when we give Barney his birthday cake.

Love you both.

Love forever, Mum

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

+Quote Post
honey's dad
post Aug 19 2009, 11:28 PM
Post #35

Member No.: 6,001

lynette, thanks for the pleasant read, happy bithday Barney and Casey, stay well all , Scott

+Quote Post
chele
post Aug 22 2009, 05:49 AM
Post #36

Member No.: 6,044

Happy (belated) Birthday Barney! I hope you enjoyed your cake and helped ease your Moms pain.

+Quote Post
lynette
post Aug 25 2009, 11:27 AM
Post #37

It's been 14 months since Lily left and almost 5 months for Hunny. I stopped exercising about a week before we sent Hunny to Lily. I haven't been able to get back into it. I just don't have the desire to. I just don't seem to really care about much these days. I love my babies of course, more than anything, but I dunno life just isn't the same. I used to go for long walks with Hunny and Lily. I haven't done that since Lily left.

How do I get back to "normal"? How do I get back the desire to take care of myself? How do I get back the desire to care about other stuff? I'm assuming this is all part of the grieving process or maybe I just don't want to anymore. Life certainly has changed since losing Hunny and Lily. So many things just dont' seem as important as before. I hate coming to work.

It's been such a cold wet summer this year, maybe it's just that. Maybe because I haven't been able to spend much time outdoors that I still feel - depressed. Maybe I just need help.

I don't know what to do. I had thought about not coming here anymore. I love reading others stories and trying to help them through their loss and pain, but sometimes it just drags up my pain too much. And sometimes I think it's just slowing down my own healing. But I just can't seem to stay away from here. I guess maybe I still need this. I'm just so sad as I write this.

I'm just thinking out loud I guess.

Hunny and Lily - I miss and love you so much.

+Quote Post
petmum
post Aug 25 2009, 11:39 PM
Post #38

Dear Lynnette,
I'm glad you came on here,it's good to vent where no one will think you are strange.
I know this virtual support isn't the same as being able to talk to you directly, though it is a link that I know will help get you thru your grief.
Each of us have our own unique journeys thru grief though one of the many "universal" links is the pain we feel after our losses.
The struggle to feel "normal" whatever that is!!!!! (if anyone knows what that "normal" is PLEASE let me know!!!!!!!!!) often times is almost unbearable isn't it?
Go back to one minute, one hour, one whatever it is that gets you thru the day...slow & steady is the way to go....remember to 'breathe' out deeply, then 'breathe' in slow & long then out again..........
{{HUGS}}} to help you thru your day.
elaine xx

+Quote Post
patricia
post Aug 26 2009, 12:33 PM
Post #39

[quote name='lynette' date='Aug 25 2009, 09:27 AM' post='52444']
It's been 14 months since Lily left and almost 5 months for Hunny. I stopped exercising about a week before we sent Hunny to Lily. I haven't been able to get back into it. I just don't have the desire to. I just don't seem to really care about much these days. I love my babies of course, more than anything, but I dunno life just isn't the same. I used to go for long walks with Hunny and Lily. I haven't done that since Lily left.

How do I get back to "normal"? How do I get back the desire to take care of myself? How do I get back the desire to care about other stuff? I'm assuming this is all part of the grieving process or maybe I just don't want to anymore. Life certainly has changed since losing Hunny and Lily. So many things just dont' seem as important as before. I hate coming to work.

It's been such a cold wet summer this year, maybe it's just that. Maybe because I haven't been able to spend much time outdoors that I still feel - depressed. Maybe I just need help.

I don't know what to do. I had thought about not coming here anymore. I love reading others stories and trying to help them through their loss and pain, but sometimes it just drags up my pain too much. And sometimes I think it's just slowing down my own healing. But I just can't seem to stay away from here. I guess maybe I still need this. I'm just so sad as I write this.

WOW! i can relate to everything you said here. its something i never thought i would share but i feel better knowing that im not alone. dont get me wrong. i love my lucy with all my heart and she has made my life bearable but life has changed. i just like spending time with her. i dont care about getting together with friends or taking care of myself and i hate work because im away from her. sometimes i wonder if its because im so scared of losing her too. and just like you ive considered not coming to this site anymore because it does conjure up those feelings of deep sadness that im trying to push down so much. i promised fred that i would keep doing it and i would hate for him to be disappointed… but at the same time i cant stay away because i feel so not alone here. ive wondered the same thing: is it grieving or is my life going to be like this from now on?
ive also thought we are torn in two. i know for me, i have great days when i dont think about fred and riley being gone but then i feel so bad because im afraid if i dont think about them i will forget them. its silly i know but its true. and then all of a sudden i have these great days when i think of my fred and riley and know they are happy and running and not sick anymore and then i fall. its got to be part of grieving and i keep trying to swim up to the surface. you have to too lynette. weve got to believe that better days are ahead. can i give you some advice? take it with a grain of salt. but maybe you should take time off of this site. take time for yourself and to love barney and izzy. maybe take a 10 minute walk sometime just by yourself, not with your new furkids just you. so you can be alone with your feelings. and noone to distract you. and then maybe have barney join you on the next walk and mark it as a new beginning and a new commitment with your baby. maybe go a different route, one thats only for you and your. that way your route(s) with hunny and lily are memorialized.
hang in there lynette. your not alone. we are all in this hell together. you are in my thoughts!
patricia

+Quote Post
lynette
post Aug 26 2009, 02:21 PM
Post #40

Thanks Patricia.

I needed to hear that someone else had these feelings too.

Thanks for the advice.

+Quote Post

14 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:39 AM