2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> My Sweet Peaches
kimm
post Apr 1 2007, 01:04 AM
Post #1

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 2,272

I'm heartbroken. I just lost my sweet kitty Peaches yesterday.

She was diagnosed with intestenal lymphona in Oct. 2006 which we decided to treat with chemo. She responded really well & was feeling good up until the last 2 days. But the cancer had spread to her kidneys & she couldn't fight that. She went downhill SO FAST. She left us no choice but to put her to sleep.

I think I am bit numb right now. Thanks for all your help.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
toonie
post Apr 1 2007, 06:18 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 2,632

What sorrow you have been through and how hard it must be to say goodbye to Peaches. Remember that love never dies, it is just tranformed that's all. Hug your gentle Samoyed, she will need you too. Take care , keep talking to us, our hearts know too well what you are going through. Peaches was very lucky to have been yours.

+Quote Post
little brown dog
post Apr 1 2007, 09:21 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 2,760

I am so sorry for your loss. We just let go of both our dog and cat in a two week period. Numb is the perfect description.

Please be gentle with yourself and allow yourself to feel however you need to feel. Know that one day you will be able to celebrate Peaches' life and smile at your memories.

Please accept my deepest condolences on the loss of Peaches.

+Quote Post
Furrys Mum
post Apr 1 2007, 10:25 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 2,577

Dear Kimm,
I'm so sad to hear that your beautiful Peaches has lost her battle. She looks so lovely. She had those extra months with you, thanks to the treatment & I'm sure she was showered in love all the time.
Take care, Judith

+Quote Post
Moose Mom
post Apr 1 2007, 01:28 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 2,225

kimm

I'm so sorry you lost your beautiful Peaches. It's hard to fight for them and then lose them. Try to take care of yourself.

Thinking of you and Peaches

--------------------
Lori
For some of my Bridge kids.
Butch 1974-1996
Alex 1981-1996
Moose 1996-2006
Mommy loves and misses you guys. She remember's all of you, even though it's too many to name each one. I can't wait to see you again.

+Quote Post
kimm
post Apr 1 2007, 01:43 PM
Post #6

Thanks everyone, for your kind words of encouragement & sympathy. It is so hard to walk around this house & not see her. Seeing a sunbeam on the floor that she's not laying in (anywhere there was a sunbeam, Peaches always found it!!!) Making lunch yesterday & not seeing her trying to mooch a piece of ham. Missing her little leaps and hugs & kisses. Her sweet little habits.....these are what have been waking me up from what little sleep I've gotten the last couple days, jumping up with the thought "she's gone" hitting me like a hammer.

I'm so grateful to have found all of you here at this site. This is too difficult to go through without the support of people who have also experienced this loss. My hubby has been so good through this, he is also in pain but tries to be strong for me. Zusha, my Samoyed, is also very sensitive to our emotions. As soon as I start to shed a tear she is at my side, whining & pawing at me like she's saying "please don't be sad Mommy". I know I will start to heal in time. But now all I'm thinking is that I just miss her so, so much.

+Quote Post
ryancat
post Apr 1 2007, 02:30 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 2,187

Kim,I'm so sorry you lost your sweet baby Peaches.I know how hard it is to lose a beloved pet like you have.Our boy Sox was very healthy for most of his life but then he got feline diabetes and one day he became very ill.His kidneys had started to fail and there wasn't anything else they could do for him.We had to make the decision to put him to sleep.It was the hardest thing I've ever had to do so I know the heartache you are feeling.It will never really go away but in time you will learn to live with it.Now after almost 6 months without my boy I can think back on all the happy memories I have of him and I don't think about his passing like I did when it first happened.Now when my husband and I talk about him it's mostly with smiles and laughter about all the crazy stuff he did when he was around.It's just too painful to keep reliving his awful last day.Peaches was blessed to have you for a mom and you were able to give her a few more months of good quality time.Be good to yourself and allow yourself to grieve in whatever way you need to.All of us here understand what your going thur and we'll be here to listen when you need us.Take care and I send my heartfelt condolenses.Sincerely,Renee (Sox's mom)

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
radgirl
post Apr 1 2007, 03:27 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 2,503

I am so sorry to hear of Peaches death. The first three weeks were a blur to me, hang in there.Just know that you did all you could for Peaches and she knew how much you loved her.

I'll be thinking of you........my sincerest condolences....

Misty's Mama

+Quote Post
AlleysMama
post Apr 2 2007, 07:40 AM
Post #9

Member No.: 2,356

I'm so sorry you had to say goodbye to your dear Peaches. Sometimes the choice is taken from us, but sometimes we must make the choice ourselves to end their suffering. Believe me, I know how hard that decision is to make. You did the right thing though, because she is healthy and whole now at the rainbow bridge.

It has been almost four months since I had to let me Alley go, and not a day goes by without me missing her and grieving for her. I know there are no words to comfort you right now, but know that we are here for you. Someday you will see your sweet girl again.

--------------------
Read Alley's Story

May 1, 1997 to December 9, 2006 - Always in My Heart

+Quote Post
Lucy1Josie2
post Apr 2 2007, 10:18 AM
Post #10

Member No.: 2,758

Kimm, I'm so sorry about Peaches. It sounds like she stayed with you as long as she could, until you in your love let her go ahead of you. Don't doubt that you will see her again someday, as surely as you can still talk to her now in your heart.

Thinking of you with deepest sympathy,
Michelle

+Quote Post
slbrock59
post Apr 2 2007, 01:47 PM
Post #11

Member No.: 25

Kimm,
I'm terribly sorry about your Beloved Peaches. You're in my thoughts and prayers today.
Steve

--------------------
You left paw prints on our hearts.

+Quote Post
kimm
post Apr 2 2007, 06:41 PM
Post #12

Hi everyone,

You all are the best. I have taken so much comfort in your words over the past few days. None of us deserves the pain we've all been suffering.

What I think we need to remember when we're hurting is that the amount of time we spent making the hard decision at the end when they were so sick, and the pain that comes with finally letting go, is insignificant in comparison to the many wonderful times spent with them during the good days. I am grieving Peaches' loss so much but to me the years I had with her were all so, so worth it. No regrets. Nothing but love.

+Quote Post
Moose Mom
post Apr 3 2007, 08:12 AM
Post #13

kimm

I so agree with you. In the end the pain, while it seems overwelming now, is small and the joy and love were huge. It hurts every time but all the years of love are so worth it. We are so lucky to have all the love they give us.

Peaches was so beautiful, and she sounds like a very special soul too. I'm sorry you lost her, but I'm glad you knew her. Thank you for letting us start to know her too. She is forever in your heart.

Love

--------------------
Lori
Butch 1974-1996
Alex 1981-1996
Moose 1996-2006
Mommy loves and misses you guys. She remember's all of you, even though it's too many to name each one. I can't wait to see you again.

+Quote Post
Hani&Bruno
post Apr 3 2007, 05:41 PM
Post #14

Member No.: 2,770

QUOTE (ryancat @ Apr 1 2007, 12:30 PM)
Now after almost 6 months without my boy I can think back on all the happy memories I have of him and I don't think about his passing like I did when it first happened.Now when my husband and I talk about him it's mostly with smiles and laughter about all the crazy stuff he did when he was around.

This sounds so soothing, and I'm sure it will give all our friends, especially those in raw pain right now, a much needed hope! Thanks to you Renee (Sox's mom) for sharing these beautiful words with us!

+Quote Post
vizsla-angel
post Apr 4 2007, 03:13 PM
Post #15

Member No.: 2,400

I'm so sorry for your loss Kimm,
Peaches looks like such a sweetie. I lost my vizsla-boy Copper to cancer on New Year's Eve. That decision to stop fighting isn't easy.

I would like to say more, but I'm a little drained. (Sometimes I think I should just cut & paste condolences...) Please know that you, and everyone else here, are in my thoughts and prayers.

Peace&Love
V

--------------------
Help a "throw away" ~ adopt a gun-shy hunting dog or retired greyhound.
www.petfinder.com

+Quote Post
ryancat
post Apr 4 2007, 06:10 PM
Post #16

Member No.: 2,187

Hani and Bruno,thank you for your kind thoughts about what I wrote.It's truly the way I feel.I think most of us who found this site around the same time are starting to feel that way.It's just too hard to keep on thinking about the sad times and I don't think my boy would want me to do that anyway.He was such a lover boy and would want me to be happy again.All the posts I've been reading today have made me so so sad, I wish there was something I could say to those of you who are hurting so much.I hope you know that your in my thoughts and I pray that things get better for you soon.Your never alone.....Sending warm hugs to all of you, Sincerely,Renee (Sox's mom)

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
kimm
post Apr 4 2007, 06:56 PM
Post #17

I think I am feeling a little bit better today. I finally called the vet today & asked about her blanket, which we carried her into the vet's wrapped up in & which she finally went to sleep on. I didn't even think about her blanket until Sunday. Finally today I asked them about it & they kept it for me. I can pick it up when I pick up her ashes. I don't know why, but I feel very comforted knowing I will be getting her blanket back. I lost her on it, but it was hers. I think I am grasping at every little thing possible that relates to her. I have all her medications, doctor's paperwork, toys, scratchy posts, etc. all packed away in a box. I can't bear to throw them away yet (maybe I never will). I know her things will never replace HER, but I just feel comfort knowing they are they are still here if I need them.

+Quote Post
Furkidlets' Mom
post Apr 4 2007, 11:34 PM
Post #18

Member No.: 961

I think we all grasp at every little thing that we can that has our babies' essence attached to it. If we could bottle the very air that they breathed, we would do that, too. At 7, going on 8 months, I still have put away very little of my Nissa's things. Just this week I started placing a few pieces of her 'paperwork' (condolence cards, a few of her mountainous medical records and the like) into a special grey binder just for her (and a black one for her brother), and broke down badly again, so was unable to continue.....only 5-10 minutes at a time, is all I can take of this sort of activity, as every little attempt serves to make me feel the finality of it all. Every time I use one Nissa's supplements for myself, the same feeling overwhelms me and I feel sick in my heart and stomach. Every object I touch that I used for her needs, same thing again.

I could also relate to not only your Peaches' (and my Nissa's) leaps, hugs and kisses, but those sunbeams you spoke of before. I used to share some of Nissa's with her, as they 'caught' her, and then me, in their warmth. Now, I think even the sunbeams are lonely without her sprawled out in them to have a little bath and then a soothing, warm snooze. They will forever look incomplete to me now....just as I feel w/o my girl's physical being.

So there's no need to rush this process for yourself. Only do things as you feel okay enough to. Having Peaches' blanket back (perhaps even to cradle her ashes in?) will be a comfort, I'm sure and I'm so thankful the vet thought to put it reverently aside for you. It's good that you're feeling a little better for now, for whatever small moments of peace we find are also moments of strength that we need for the long journey ahead of us. Take care and know you can return here anytime you need us.

And speaking of those sunbeams.....
Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
"I dropped a tear in the ocean. The day you find it is the day I will stop missing you."

[center]~Anonymous~

<div align="center">"Not flesh of my flesh, Nor bone of my bone,
But still miraculously my own.
Never forget for a single minute,
You didn't grow under my heart - but in it"[/center]

~Fleur Conkling Heylinger~

>^..^< >^..^< >^..^< >^..^< >^..^<

"For one species to mourn the death of another is a noble thing"

~Aldo Leopold~

<span style='font-size:9pt;line-height:100%'>Life is life - whether in a cat, or dog or man. There is no difference there between a cat or a man. The idea of difference is a human conception for man's own advantage. ~Sri Aurobindo

Spay now or pay later, the interest is killing us.

</span></div>

+Quote Post
Moose Mom
post Apr 5 2007, 01:18 PM
Post #19

kimm

Their things, that is so hard. What to do with them? The blanket we took our Moose kitty to the vet on the night he passed we had cremated with him. It was his blanket too. He never went anywhere in the car without it.

I divided his things into two piles. Good memories and hurting memories. Any of the hurting ones I threw away, I didn't think we needed to remember those. The good ones, his toys and things are in a small curio cabinet and his urn is on top.

Love

--------------------
Lori
Butch 1974-1996
Alex 1981-1996
Moose 1996-2006

+Quote Post
kimm
post Apr 5 2007, 06:40 PM
Post #20

Lori, I love your idea about separating the "good" vs. "hurting" memories. My husband & I are both trying to do this in our hearts.....trying to focus on the good times we had with Peaches rather than the painful ones. Over the last couple days he has been telling me about sweet little incidents he recalls that involved her, incidents that were brief but tugged at his heart. I never even knew about them until he told me just now. We both laughed when he talked about it.

Furkidlet's mom, I'm glad to hear that your sweet Nissa was a sunbeam fan too. That is the most adorable picture!!! You understand what I mean about sunbeams, they are such beautiful things, but seeing them empty on the floor is so, so hard. But I am sure both Peaches & Nissa are enjoying plenty of sunbeams where they are now.

There was a message for me when I came home from work tonight that Peaches' ashes are ready for me to pick up at the vet's. I can't believe they got them back so quickly, she passed less than a week ago. I don't know how I will handle this, or what I will do when I get them home. My husband is concerned that putting them out on display will bring back sad memories for us. I expect that I (hopefully WE) will be comforted by seeing them, a physical reminder that she is still with us. I won't know for sure until I get them home.

In the mail today also I received a sincere, hand-written sympathy card from my vet on our loss of Peaches. I was very touched by this & am grateful that my baby was looked after by a very compassionate man & his staff.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:00 AM