Forum Rules Site Rules and Courtesies

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> I Just Realized...
Pamela
post Apr 26 2005, 11:29 AM
Post #1

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 548

I have been gone for a couple of weeks I have just finished reading some post old and new. One thing that sticks out to me is the things that we have all learned from this chapter in our lives....the summary would read something like...and even though so many things have been said about the computer it has enabled us in a great time of pain and agony to be comforted and to comfort. We have been able to reach out to one another in a way we couldn't just a few years ago. Here by accident...I dont think so..So many things we have learned about our selves and one another...how much the same we all truely are, and our connections to one another. My heart has been overflowing with the words typed to me and others..truely overflowing. I still say I dont know what I would have done without you guys. I will be forever grateful and you will reconize me in our heaven, I will be the one with the big smile on my face and I will be singing it is true I knew it was true. Love Pamela

--------------------
Moose, you were a gift for my heart and my soul. I am so thankful to have had you. I love you forever My Mooser.1995-2004
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Norah'sMom
post Apr 26 2005, 12:26 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 769

You are so right, Pamela. Thanks for posting this. I really hope that our babies know how much we talk about them and miss them. They probably have a lot of other things on their minds now though, with all that must be going on at The Bridge. But one day we can tell them all about this site and the friends we've met here. Love, Jenny

--------------------
Alice Mae Bennett ("Allie") was born around May of 2003. She came home to us in July. On March 10, 2005, she became ill with a condition called mesenteric torsion or volvulus. It is a twisting of the small intestine which is nearly impossible to diagnose. Once symptoms begin it is usually too late to save the intestine by surgical means. There are no known ways to prevent it and its causes are also unknown. It is extremely rare, especially in medium-size females like Allie. It is more common in males of large breeds, like German Shepherds.

Allie was a sweet, happy and loving soul. I will miss her every day. Thanks for giving us these last two years, little girl. We'll always treasure them.

+Quote Post
Ann H
post Apr 26 2005, 04:47 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 538

Dear Pamela, Yes we all are the same for we all have broken, shattered hearts, and wounded, bruised souls. We share the fact we all had and have intense love for our babies and that love never leaves us.

We all have compassion in our hearts for one another and are able to reach out to those who hurt just like we all do. We comfort one another and a lot of us have come to love one another. I could not have made it without all of you either. Even through my loss I am blessed with loving caring friends.

One day we will all meet in Heaven and what a reunion we will have with our babies and each other. I know without a doubt in my mind our precious babies who loved with the purest love ever known to man, other than the love of God will be there.

Pamela I said in another post that I want the last sentence in the last chapter in my life to read... And God blessed me and restored that which I lost just like Pamela said He would.
Love, Ann

--------------------

My girls went to the Rainbow Bridge 6 weeks and 3 days apart.
Snookie had cushing's disease, and later developed diabetes. Both had cancer, Snookie had cancer of the liver, and Chili Bean had cancer of the pallet. Chili Bean was our son's chihuahua but we kept her often throughout her life and she stayed with us for the last 9 months of her life. Chili Bean also had asthma and heart failure. We will see you in Heaven my precious darlings.

Snookie Lynn Howard
2-04-94 - 12-26-04

Senorita Chili Bean Bubbles Howard
11-05-94 - 11-11-04

+Quote Post
Rusty's Mom
post Apr 26 2005, 07:28 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 605

Dear Pamela,

What you said is so true. We are all very much the same. Everyone here is so connected. I think there are going to be a lot of smiling LS members in Heaven! wub.gif Meeting all of these wonderful people and their beloved pets has been such a comfort to me that words cannot express my gratitude for finding this site. I don't think we're here by accident either. I cherish my LS family and will never forget any of you.

Love,
Lynn

--------------------
Rusty, I will always love you and never forget you. Thank you for more than 7 wonderful years.

XXOO

+Quote Post
Jazzygirl
post Apr 26 2005, 09:43 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 777

As if to further prove that this is true....the tenant upstairs told me today that her cat got outside yesterday. She was beside herself and wasn't sure what to do.
So, I told her everything that I had read on here. I told her to post fliers, talk to the neighbors, post on local websites, post in an ad in the local paper. She is going to leave food out and keeping looking around the neighborhood.
Had I not read everyone's advice on here, I wouldnt' have been able to help her. It is my hope that she finds her kittie. She said it was an indoor cat, so it had no collar on, and that he was 10 yrs old and shy. I feel so bad. I hope he returns home. I'm going to have hope that the power of LS will reach out and help the kittie.

--------------------
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
You are his life, his love, his leader.
He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart.
You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
~Unknown

+Quote Post
luv_my_catz
post Apr 28 2005, 08:51 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 789

Pamela,

Thank you for posting what I have been thinking about the folks here ~ I have a huge amount of gratitude for all the caring and unconditional support that I have found here not to mention the unbelievable pet photos that have truly warmed my aching heart ~ here I have been able to find friends ~ and mostly what I appreciate is the incredible way that compassion and caring and love can reach out globally to each one of "us" wub.gif I am truly amazed and forever grateful ~

Sincerely, Kathryn

--------------------
Peace Be With You ~ Kathryn ~ Angel Amber ~ Angel CC~ and Sammie

I lost my Amber Tabby Girl of nearly 20 years on 3/28/05 after a valiant battle with end stage CRF. Always a beacon in the storm ~ steady and true.

C.C was my purebred White Angora I lost to cancer on 10/22/05 at age 13~ A Big Gentle yet Oddly Eccentric Creature ~Through his congenital deaf ness ~He brought an innocent joy to my life and light to my heart

I also adopted an 8 yr old Burmese named Samantha who led me back into my own room ~ still a stranger to me ~ she sweetly gives peace to Amber's final days spent there and lights my way to see in the darkness of the spaces that my precious CC has left behind.

+Quote Post
Kathleen032
post Apr 28 2005, 08:17 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 536

Dear Pamela,

Such a profound statement you've made! I've often felt that Shiloh's death was not in vain...it brought some beautiful people in to my life. I truly do consider this website my second family. I've been deeply touched by so many people here. It really has renewed my faith in humanity.

Thanks for sharing this thought.
Love,
Kathleen

--------------------
Shiloh and Hobbie, you're both gone from my arms, but forever in my heart.

Shiloh
1999 - Sept. 17, 2004

Hobbie
Aug. 14, 1996 - May 30, 2005

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 10:00 AM