IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Rufus (little Brother) You've Saved My Life, Gretta sent you to me, I know that
Gretta's Mom
post Mar 3 2013, 07:59 PM
Post #1

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 7,067

Hello Baby Rufus (although you're not a baby - half black lab, half newfie, 100#, nine years old. But Gretta did send you to me after she went to the Perfect World. She saw the lonliness and the emptiness of arms with nobody to snuggle with and a heart with love but no one to lavish it on. We've been through some times, haven't we Rufie? You've taught me so many things. Things about the difference between a boy dog and a girls dog, things about just wanting to be within petting distance, things about barking menacingly when someone bumps against our door. Oh Rufus, now I am far away from you trying to help my sister who has very bad colon cancer and had a giant operation in a faraway city.

Oh, Rufie, I miss you so much. Your auntie has two cocker spaniels - adopted, like you - one of them is a BEAUTIFUL black and white spotted two year old who is a love bug named Dreamer and one a black-with-white-blaze nine-year-old holy terror (re)names Kelly - after another Kelley Auntie had many years ago. Oh how I wish I had my big, black Rufus. Dreamer makes your "funny noise". He does it when he's sitting down begging for food (politely, of course).

Rufie, we are so lucky that you have another mom - the foster mom LE you lived with for two years before I adopted you. She was so sad to see you go. She cried when we signed the papers and you and I drove away. You're one lucky dog to have two mommies who love you so much.

You were with me when I fell down an smashed my ankle. We were on our early morning walk. You stayed right by my side, circling around me, protecting me. We won't be doing our 44 block walks for a long time, Babyface. I have a giant boot on my leg and can't put that side on the floor for three more weeks. Then I have to keep on wearing the boot for a while. I know you'll still love me even if our walks have to be shorter. Maybe I'll put you in that doggie day care on Grand Avenue for a day or two a week, so you'll make some doggie friends and won't just be penned in at home.

Ruife, Little Brother, your mom is acting very bad right now. Today I shouted at my own dad about why he coulnd't hear when he had two of the best hearing aids in the nation and why he complains all day about not pooping and then two days later wants to go to the emergency Room because he has diarrhea. He can't help it. His mind is gone. It's hard to work in a three storey house with a broken ankle. Please love me even though I'm not really a nice person sometimes.

Everything would be OK if only I had your soft ears and fur under my fingers to pet. Me on the recliner and you lying beside me on the floor.

I love you, Rufus. Please don't forget your mommie, OK?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:15 AM