2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Fred's Watching Over Me!, My new beginning with Lucy
patricia
post Apr 7 2009, 01:18 PM
Post #1

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 5,599

it's been a while since ive posted. my life has been slightly chaotic ever since my little lucy has come into my life. she came exactly one week after fred got sick. i didnt want her at first but how can we say no to any furry creature that needs a home. shes a little terrier (or as i prefer to call her: a terror) mix and shes about 7 1/2 months old now. she was rescued from a kill shelter in LA, at about 4 months, and then the new owner decided that it was too much for him so he released her into the streets. her foster family found her laying by the side of the road as she'd been hit by a car. they rushed her to er and paid for all her medical/surgical bills. when she was finally ok to go home, her foster family found her owner. i guess he felt remorse and posted missing signs everywhere. they met with him and asked him to help with half of the payments and he refused and in fact rejected her again, saying he was single and didnt have time to care for her. her foster parents took her in but unfortunately could not keep her. my fred sent her my way and now shes found her forever home. it wasnt easy. the first day i cried and cried because i missed my fred so much. and i was angry! how could i take in a dog so soon afer my little cat had died? but this was all part of freds master plan. it came to a point where i called some friends and confessed that i would not be able to keep her. that was the pivotal moment: because i remember lucy looking at me with her beautiful sad eyes begging me not to give her away again. at that exact moment, i knew that i couldnt do that to her and i would have to make it work. it didnt take long for me to fall absolutely head over heels in love with her. missing fred? its still not easy. i come to work and turn on my computer to freds sweet little face and i will just lose it. or i listen to one of his songs and i sob. i dont know when that pain will go away. but i do know that as the clock tics daily, i look forward to getting home because i know my little lucy goosey is waiting for me. she loves to go on her walks, just me and her. and she loves coming back home and turning into what i call "lucy-fur" where her eyeballs start spinning and she goes a little crazy. then she settles down right next to me, hopefully i will have treats for her, and falls asleep. i have to wake her in order to go outside one last time and then she runs into her crate for the night. well, she runs because she always has a little cookie in there waiting for her. i love waking up in the middle of the night to hear her little snoring. and in the morning? well its hard for me no to open her crate door immediately. i think im more excited to see her than she is to see me. shes my little monkey. people tell me that little rescue animals know they are rescued and are doubly grateful to be with us. but i say, im the one thats grateful…to have her in my life. she makes me laugh again, and smile and when she wraps her little paws around my neck and lays her little head on my shoulder, or tries to eat my earring, well, i couldnt ask for more. my wonderful fred: i love you so much and i will never never never forget you. thank you for giving me lucy. she will never replace you but she makes me happy again just like you always did my little sweet. momma loves you forever!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
patricia
post Apr 7 2009, 01:19 PM
Post #2

QUOTE (patricia @ Apr 7 2009, 11:18 AM) *
it's been a while since ive posted. my life has been slightly chaotic ever since my little lucy has come into my life. she came exactly one week after fred got sick. i didnt want her at first but how can we say no to any furry creature that needs a home. shes a little terrier (or as i prefer to call her: a terror) mix and shes about 7 1/2 months old now. she was rescued from a kill shelter in LA, at about 4 months, and then the new owner decided that it was too much for him so he released her into the streets. her foster family found her laying by the side of the road as she'd been hit by a car. they rushed her to er and paid for all her medical/surgical bills. when she was finally ok to go home, her foster family found her owner. i guess he felt remorse and posted missing signs everywhere. they met with him and asked him to help with half of the payments and he refused and in fact rejected her again, saying he was single and didnt have time to care for her. her foster parents took her in but unfortunately could not keep her. my fred sent her my way and now shes found her forever home. it wasnt easy. the first day i cried and cried because i missed my fred so much. and i was angry! how could i take in a dog so soon afer my little cat had died? but this was all part of freds master plan. it came to a point where i called some friends and confessed that i would not be able to keep her. that was the pivotal moment: because i remember lucy looking at me with her beautiful sad eyes begging me not to give her away again. at that exact moment, i knew that i couldnt do that to her and i would have to make it work. it didnt take long for me to fall absolutely head over heels in love with her. missing fred? its still not easy. i come to work and turn on my computer to freds sweet little face and i will just lose it. or i listen to one of his songs and i sob. i dont know when that pain will go away. but i do know that as the clock tics daily, i look forward to getting home because i know my little lucy goosey is waiting for me. she loves to go on her walks, just me and her. and she loves coming back home and turning into what i call "lucy-fur" where her eyeballs start spinning and she goes a little crazy. then she settles down right next to me, hopefully i will have treats for her, and falls asleep. i have to wake her in order to go outside one last time and then she runs into her crate for the night. well, she runs because she always has a little cookie in there waiting for her. i love waking up in the middle of the night to hear her little snoring. and in the morning? well its hard for me no to open her crate door immediately. i think im more excited to see her than she is to see me. shes my little monkey. people tell me that little rescue animals know they are rescued and are doubly grateful to be with us. but i say, im the one thats grateful…to have her in my life. she makes me laugh again, and smile and when she wraps her little paws around my neck and lays her little head on my shoulder, or tries to eat my earring, well, i couldnt ask for more. my wonderful fred: i love you so much and i will never never never forget you. thank you for giving me lucy. she will never replace you but she makes me happy again just like you always did my little sweet. momma loves you forever!

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
myhrtisbrkn
post Apr 7 2009, 04:06 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 2,048

They don't come any cuter than that! I know Fred approves. God Bless you for your good heart!

Hugs,
Dayna

--------------------
"You in heaven...be aware. When my day comes I will be there. Then open your gates and you will see....on wings you gave, they'll fly to me"

Blessed is he who has earned the love of an old dog.

Rescue one, until there are none!

+Quote Post
Flossie's Mom
post Apr 7 2009, 06:16 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 5,211

No wonder you kept her!!!! What a darling little dog. Both of you are so lucky that Fred made arrangements for you to meet!

I'd take her in a minute myself.....................

+Quote Post
LoveThem
post Apr 13 2009, 01:59 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 3,876

i think im more excited to see her than she is to see me. shes my little monkey. people tell me that little rescue animals know they are rescued and are doubly grateful to be with us. but i say, im the one thats grateful…to have her in my life. she makes me laugh again, and smile and when she wraps her little paws around my neck and lays her little head on my shoulder, or tries to eat my earring, well, i couldnt ask for more. my wonderful fred: i love you so much and i will never never never forget you. thank you for giving me lucy. she will never replace you but she makes me happy again just like you always did my little sweet. momma loves you forever!

Patricia,

You have just said it all so beautifully. This is how New Beginnings do help. Giving Lucy a forever home...just gave you some forever love again. My new boy, Lucky, was rescued from a kill shelter and like Lucy was dumped in the streets by the new owners but a neighbor took him to the local SPCA here and that's where we found each other. Maybe it is as you say about rescue animals being doubly grateful.....I know Lucky absolutely loves people. We had a handyman come to the house one day and Lucky tried to climb up his pant leg to be held. I never saw such behavior in a cat. So maybe..there is something about "rescue" babies. You and Lucy have your own special connection now. And I am sure Fred approves...because these babies love us so very much....our happiness is what makes them happy. (And some people wonder why we think of these beautiful ones as special happy.gif ).

Her picture is so sweet. Her eyes say it all, don't they? Give her a special hug just for being her.

Judy

--------------------
LITTLE GUY - May 28, 1991 - Sept 10, 2007 - Always in my Heart.
His story: Section D&D: How do I stop crying? and also... My Boy is Gone Forever.

+Quote Post
lynette
post Apr 15 2009, 02:27 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 5,667

How sweet.

I have a similar story. We lost Lily, 8 years-old last June 24 suddenly and totally unexpectedly. It was extremely devastating. We rescued her April of 2001. She had been found on the streets of Winnipeg. No one seemed to know her past, only that no one had come looking for her. We adopted her and like you said it's like they know. She was the sweetest thing ever. So loving. All she wanted was for someone to love her and in return she gave back tenfold. She knew what love was, so I've always wondered since her death if she had had the love of an older person who had passed away. And poor Lily got lost in the aftermath of that death. I like to believe sometimes that she is reunited with that person, because I'm sure that they loved her too.

Anyway, Lily flew to heaven June 24, 2008. On that very same day, a puppy mill owner had surrended his beagles and spaniels to the local humane societies, over 90 dogs, a couple were pregnant. We ended up adopting Izzy just 11 days later. She was one of the puppy mill rescues. She was estimated to be 4 years old. She was so terribly afraid of absolutely everything. She had no idea what to do with love or affection. She was scared of her own shadow. She bolted on us several times and there were a couple where we thought we might never see her again. She found her way home an hour or so later. Thank goodness. And I have to admit there were times in the first month or two where I doubted if we'd made the right decision in adopting her. I would never have given up on her, but it did cross my mind a few times.

She certainly has come a long way since then. She still has her days, but thankfully they are becoming fewer and fewer. I know she may never be 100% but I think she'll come pretty close. Hunny, our other dog when we adopted Izzy took her under her wing. Unfortunately, Hunny had just been diagnosed with cancer at that time, and she wasn't able to get around like she would have wanted to. But Hunny, a golden retriever, looked out for her. She showed her it was ok when someone wanted to hug and kiss her. Hunny taught her a lot about love. And then in November, we got a 10 week old beagle boy, Barney. He proved to be priceless in helping Izzy. He showed her how to handle affection and how to give it back too.

Izzy certainly has made great improvements. She comes looking for love and affection. Like I said she still has off days, but we're getting there. Unfortunately, we just said "so long" to Hunny April 4th and all of us, including the pups, and Casey, another beagle we got just two weeks before Hunny left (another dog someone didn't want!) are missing her so, so much. But we all know she's in a better place with Lily.

I think Izzy is happy to have found us. I know we are glad she came to us.

Maybe Lily thought it was time for us to share our love with another precious baby. Lily had a wonderful life with us and I knew she knew how much she was loved by all of us. Maybe she wanted to share that with Izzy. Lily was such a good, kind-hearted little angel. I hope she and Hunny are happy and healthy up there at the Rainbow Bridge. I just wish Lily had met Izzy, because I think they would have been great friends too.

+Quote Post
patricia
post May 11 2009, 09:11 PM
Post #7

i must confess that i havent logged on to this part of the site in a while. today for some reason i decide to write about lucy's adventures and saw there were other responses:
judy, im so so glad you have lucky. he sounds like such a little sweetheart. what a "lucky" little boy. you have such a big heart for rescuing him and he knows it. big hugs to you and everyone who rescues our little ones and give them a second chance! and thank you for your kind words. i will give lucy a big hug. she actually gets tons of them from me, to a point where she has to put her little paws on my face to stop me smile.gif
and lynette, what a sweet sweet story. im so sorry about lily and hunny. we all know how hard it is to lose them. but big hugs to you as well for bringing izzy into your life. what a wonderful story. it gave me chills. i know that izzy is so happy and she loves you so much more for taking her in and loving her for who she is. she WILL get there. and i choose to believe that lilly does know izzy. i like to think that lilly is looking out for izzy.

as for my lucy it will be two months soon that ive had her and boy has she created havoc. funny havoc, or i should call it i-can-laugh-about-it-now havoc two months and two trips to the er. (sigh) this last one was a little night mare. i had taken lucy on a hike this past sunday (she requires more exercise than richard simmons). we have a wonderful hiking trail right where i live. being the worry wart that i am, i made sure i reminded myself to be on the lookout for snakes, spiders and any other creepy crawler that lucy might consider "treat's". the only thing i didnt even consider? a bee. we had just finished the hour and a half trek and she dragged me into a lawn so she could lay down in the shade. the next thing i know is she's pawing her little face and i knew something was wrong. as i yelled "leave it" she spit out a little honey bee. who knew a tiny little bug could cause such misery? my little lucy did not cry however but i knew she was not ok. thank goodness her doctor is just down the street and openn on sundays. so i rushed her in and lucky for her, she was seen immediately. in the meantime, this mom was hysterical as i had to leave her at the hospital for a few hours while she was being observed. so it was mother's day and my mom, her gramma, had come to visit her (not me mind you). instead, lucy was in the hospital and mom and gramma were sitting on the couch crying because we missed her already. oh my goodness, it hadnt even been an hour. how pathetic. she came home a few hours later and mom and gramma were beaming. its amazing how our little ones make us so happy. i couldnt imagine my life without her, even though shes (to date) seen the inside of er twice now, chewed up the door trim, my shoes, my cellphone, attempts to protect me by barking at dogs 10 times bigger than her, dragged me down the street and almost requiring surgery to sew my arm back in place, jumped on her grammas face while she was asleep and pretty much the biggest little trouble maker ive ever had. and i love her to pieces smile.gif well im happy to report, she starts basic training in a couple of weeks. phew! im just hoping that its not turned around and its her telling me to sit and lay down smile.gif i miss my fred every, every day but lucy is my new little angel. heck i may be able to retire soon as i was informed that she looks like rod stewart! (yep! you heard that right. this from her new teacher.) she may be my angel and my retirement fund. watch out for tour dates coming your way soon wink.gif i just have to teach her to hold a mike... (kidding of course) thanks for letting me share. she makes me so happy. more adventure stories to come, im sure of it!

+Quote Post
patricia
post May 26 2009, 03:11 PM
Post #8

excerpt taken from "the lucy chronicles" by patricia smile.gif well if you can believe this, lucy ended up in er again the following week. my weekends are for her and she runs me ragged. it so happened that on saturday, i took her to the dog park in the am (a rest from the wicked bees) and then drove around running errands. she loves car rides as she sits behind me, literally she becomes my head rest. when we got home in the late afternoon, i thought she would poop out but no. no rest. i was the one that pooped out. she was bright and alert as they come, wondering why i wasnt continuing to play with her. 15 minutes i said just a 15 minute power nap. after all what could happen in 15 minutes? a lot, i know now. i set my alarm and passed out even though i really wasnt. although i was asleep i was still wondering why it was so quiet out there. quiet = trouble! before my alarm could ring lucy was right next to me waking me up. she wanted to show me the little mountain of vomit. oh no big deal i told her. ill clean it up. you must have eaten too fast... as i groggily walked out to the kitchen, i was startled and immediately awake as i saw the cause of the "hurling". she had managed too bring down a bottle of medication, that i kept out of her reach, that i kept as a memory to my fred that had recently passed away. it was there with his little bowl and other items to remember him by.
i dont know how. i believe she has flying powers when im not looking. she brought it down and chewed it open and drank half of the contents. hence the silence. i immediately called the dr and he asked me what the medication was. i replied that i didnt know because she ate the label too. the only thing i could tell him was i think it was to help stop fred's vomiting. my only consoliation at the time was that i knew it wasnt harmful, although could it be harmful to a dog? he asked me to rush her in. i love this hospital because they love all my pets and i must admit i chuckled (thru the fear and tears) when the receptionist picked up the phone and talked thru the intercom, exclaiming "Lucy's here" and all the techs came running to say hi and to quickly take her back. that was the worst five minutes of my life. im such a bad mom, what if shes not ok. well you know the drill. no one else could make me feel any worse. but then her dr came out and he had tears in his eyes. my heart sank. oh my god. what have i done? i must have gone pale because he smiled and said dont worry, (as he wiped his eyes). i then realized they were tears from laughing so hard. turns out the medicaiton WAS harmless. it was a liquid laxitive. and the only side effect would be... well i think you know. SO RELIEVED, i took her to visit gramma and even though i was careful about taking her out every 10 minutes or so... needless to say, it wasnt pretty. i spent the next two hours steam cleaning her carpet. my little lucy! gramma and momma love you very much smile.gif i went home and started putting things away in boxes. im going to end up living out of boxes again...but thats ok at least lucy's ok smile.gif

this past weekend took lucy to huntington dog beach (CA). i will admit i was worried! the day had started with pulling her back a second before her little mouth clamped down on a bumble bee that was sitting in front of the door. that dog is quick! and now we were going to the beach? what was i thinking? should i have bought her little floaties? would she get stung by a jelly fish? is there an er nearby? happy to report that she only tried to eat the seaweed twice, and swallowed a small sea shell but otherwise no trip to the er this weekend! hip hip hooray! she loved the water when it was going away from her and not coming towards her. but unbelievably she didnt swallow any. she of course had to say hi to every single dog that was there. but thats ok, she's very friendly and outgoing, even with the great dane that towered over me. her tail never stopped wagging, until we got home that is and she pooped out for three hours straight. (and so did i:) an earthquake wouldnt wake her up. we love that! peace and quiet smile.gif now thats progress. if only the beach wasnt an hour and a half away....

+Quote Post
jasonsmom
post May 26 2009, 06:31 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 5,492

She certainly keeps you on your toes!!! She is very cute and could fool you into thinking she would be "no trouble". I don't know where they learn that skill, but it seems the cuter the animal, the more havoc they can create.

+Quote Post
patricia
post May 27 2009, 12:47 PM
Post #10

smile.gif boy you're not kidding. it didnt help that the foster family kept repeating what a good little girl she was. that should have been my first clue! i keep threatening to pack up all her toys, buy her a one-way ticket to fresno and drop her off at the bus station. kidding of course. she truly is the little light of my life and is this crazy? but she has changed my life! i used to be such a workaholic. i could stay in the office till 1,2 or 3 in the am but since i got lucy, i cant wait to get home to her. i miss her all the time when im at work and am constantly looking at the time. so strange. im currently reading another dog training book (any new tips will help:)
i forget what this ones called but this am i wish i had had my camera handy as it was classic! although i do not condone dogs or anyone ripping library books i was taken aback that of all the books i had brought home, she chose THAT one to start into. i heard the commotion but thought she was ripping the label off my water bottle so i let it go a little bit longer. but the noise didnt stop so i walked out and sure enough i thought her little head would fall off she was shaking the book so hard. for all you book lovers like myself, please dont worry! the book is safe and sound! she was just enjoying shaking the life out of it. how ironic. i guess she doesnt like the idea of behaving smile.gif ok so now the books arent safe anymore. i guess i will have to keep them in my car along with the other items that arent safe around lucy. interesting how she has so many toys. a dog could be so lucky... and she loves them but if she can get a hold of mommas toys, better. her eyes start swirling.... well, just another day in the life... and that was just in the am... and i havent even told you the challenges of getting dressed in the morning wink.gif

+Quote Post
LoveThem
post May 28 2009, 01:46 PM
Post #11

Member No.: 3,876

Hi, Patricia

Thank you for the laughter today. At first when you mentioned ER..I thought..how frightening...but when I got to the part about the laxative...then I started laughing. Your girl sure keeps you busy. There really is something special about a "special relationship". (I'm sure Fred was laughing about it all also tongue.gif ).

Hugs to all our babies...they are a part of us always and that's the way it will always be.

I'll bet your vet's place is all smiles when they see Lucy.....she should have her book of adventures printed.

Sounds like maybe you might have to look into getting a second car...to hold Lucy's "no-nos" rolleyes.gif

You mention about Lucy being "lucky" and you know I named my new cat, Lucky, cause he too seemed to have some "luck". Everytime I start to type "Lucy" here, my fingers type Lucky...so your girl is definitely a "Lucky" Lucy. biggrin.gif

Well, give her another hug from me...we never have enough of those.
Judy

--------------------
LITTLE GUY - May 28, 1991 - Sept 10, 2007 - Always in my Heart.
His story: Section D&D: How do I stop crying? and also... My Boy is Gone Forever.

+Quote Post
patricia
post May 28 2009, 05:35 PM
Post #12

thnx judy smile.gif i will give her an extra big hug from you today smile.gif and youre right, i know fred is truly enjoying watching all of this unfold. he just laughs at all the running after and chasing down i have to do now and probably thinks "see? i didnt give you any trouble at all. ha!"

im am now so 110% positive that fred sent her to me because everyday when i see her funny cute face, i laugh. she has helped me so so much with the healing process and if she can make anyone on this site laugh amidst the tears, then she is truly a little godsend or i should say fredsend. omgoodness, the entire little wonderful hospital loves her to death. in fact yesterday while we went for a walk, we ran into one of our favorite people from there. i of course didnt recognize her, especially out of uniform but lucy just ran right up to her and her tail was wagging so hard i thought it was going to fall off. of course she recognized lucy right away. it was so funny, just like in the movies, you know the slo-motion part? where the guy and the girl are running towards each other in the beach? only it was a little dog and her technician wink.gif. ( ive been begging them to let me squirrel away some $$ with them so that next time were there it wont hurt my pocket book so much wink.gif

actually i think i am the lucky one and so are we all dont you think? im so glad you have a new little one lucky. i want to hear all about him. what new and wonderful adventures you will have! how privileged we are to have our babies with us for as long as we do (although some a shorter time than others), but they are with us for a reason. they teach us so much!

im sure i will have more stories over the weekend, so please keep reading and laughing cuz that is the best medicine!!!
patricia

+Quote Post
patricia
post May 29 2009, 12:47 PM
Post #13

imagine a two inch thick slice of bread, covered with mayonnaise, covered with lots and lots of swiss cheese and topped with a little bit of chicken, covered in more cheese and topped off by another two inch slice of sour dough, just baked bread. that was the lunch i prepared this morning that lucy jumped on the table for, opened it and ate it, all of it. she was just getting to the bread when i caught her. funny thing she opened up the dessert too. i had fresh strawberries in a little ziplock that were calling out my name. she managed to sink her teeth into one and thought she should finish off the sandwich first. how do you punish a little dog that you love so much? and what should i do, take her bowl away? smile.gif well i hope she enjoyed it as much as i would have smile.gif i guess im buying lunch today!

+Quote Post
patricia
post Jul 8 2009, 01:11 PM
Post #14

well, its been awhile since lucy has caused any real damage. my apartment building is still standing. i suppose i should be grateful for that. yes she continues to chew the door molding. the bitter apple spray doesnt seem to make a bit of difference. in fact im convinced she likes it. but thats ok right? everything can be fixed. well except for my pair of oliver peoples glasses. my pride and joy. id finally saved up to get my favorite pair of frames. they were a beautiful chestnut brown on the outside and a gorgeous mint gree on the inside. well, i suppose i can always save up for another pair... this past saturday, lucy's gramma got a real whiff of what a tornado lucy can be. the three of us were camping out on my bed chatting, well lucy was chewing her favorite bone. all we could her was "crk crk crkchk crk". basically all was good. then she jumped off the bed like she remembered something. she remembered something all right. she remembered that mom and gramma didnt push their chairs in after having lunch. it was merely a matter of minutes. all was eerily quiet. so i decided to check on her. to my dismay, the pair of prized frames that i had left on the table were now on the floor, plastic chewed off exposing only the wire. she only made it midway on both sides. lucy was sitting proudly beside them, tail wagging so hard i thought it was going to fall off. i put them in my hands lovingly (the glasses, not the dog smile.gif and wondered unrealistically if they were salvagable or not. NOT. well lesson learned. always push in the chairs and materialistic things dont bring me the joy that my lucy does.

here is lucy during the laker playoffs, sporting her laker jersey. i promise its the only clothing i make her wear. although her "closet" wil be acquiring a Los angeles dodger uniform soon too. but thats it. i dont think shell be very happy
Attached image(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
petmum
post Jul 8 2009, 11:37 PM
Post #15

Member No.: 5,842

what a wonderful pic of Lucy, I'm certain I can see the cheekiness in her eyes.........what a character......amazing how we can realise what's important & what's not when we loose our fur companions.
I hve a big grin from ear to ear hearing about Lucy's antics.......incredible to think such destruction can give us a sort of good feeling.......
elaine

+Quote Post
Sammie girl'...
post Jul 9 2009, 10:57 AM
Post #16

Member No.: 5,847

Patricia,

I am sitting at my desk crying from laughter. I just read all of your postings about Lucy's antics. What a pistol that one is!!!! When you look at her she looks so innocent and angelic like she would be the most docile little furcreature. And then, as you described, a tornado. That just cracks me up. It is a good thing you love her or else you might have to string her up by her ears, that little devil LOL. PLEASE keep posting it is so fun to read. You could call it "Lucy's Great Adventures".. Thank you for brightening my day. Too too funny. Hug that little rascal for me. Have a great day.
Melanie

+Quote Post
patricia
post Jul 9 2009, 01:05 PM
Post #17

dear elaine and melanie. im so glad you you had a good laugh. thats what its all about isnt it? after all laughter is the best medicine. i thank whoemever is upstairs taking care of all of us for my lucy every day. at the same time and in the same breathe i beg "her" to take care of her and keep her in her crate so that mom doesnt come back home and find her in the back of police car, in handcuffs while the firemen are putting out the flames smile.gif
believe it or not, writing about my newfound happiness is so wonderfully healing. if i had time to write all day about her i would. (oh yes! she creates that much trouble) but she makes my heart sing. and when i see her, i see my little fred. and w hen i hug her and kiss her, i hug and kiss my fred too.

im so thankful and overjoyed that you two have your "lucy's" too. I cant wait to hear how much fun they are. please continue to write and fill me and everyone on how your new babies are doing and what they are doing. and melanie i gotta see pix of your sweethearts.

well 6 weeks after lucy graduated from basic training, ummm, weve kind of taken a step, or more than a step back. last nite's walk and this morning was a fabulous disaster. she is on a training collar which by the way, i feel like writing the collar company a letter and getting my money back because i believe i own the only dog in the world that it doesnt help. she doesnt mind it at all. lovely. this morning, out to greet us was a neighborhood cat. (no worries everyone, she does belong to someone. she had a little bell collar) and of course since it was ringing lucy has to know what that is. i of course knew that it was the cat but secretly hoping there was an ice cream man somewhere close. but as soon as lucy saw the cat, well it was over. i dont know what she thinks is going to happen but she practically pulled my arm completely off trying to go after the cat. i had to pick her up so she wouldnt choke and as her little heart slows down its beating, she happens to see a squirrel and she jumps out of my arms and trys to pursue that. i picked her up again. in an agitated state, she licked my entire face and i held her tight while she calmed down. (yeah right) i told her this was not working because to carry her all throughout our walk, well we were missing the point here. certainly i like the excercise, but not that much. id rather be sleeping smile.gif the minute i put her down, she saw a bird. well to make a long story short, she chased down every single furry creature, or feathery i might add. she had to sniff out every single leaf on the floor not to mention all the flowers she came close too. she forgot that shes supposed to be on my left side and pulled me, yanked me, almost made-me fall me all over the place. oh and anytime someone pulls out of their driveway, she has to see who it is. what the??? i had to cut the walk a little short because i was afraid she would push me onto oncoming traffic. her tail never stopped waggin'. at least someone was having fun smile.gif oh and the latest stunt that she pulls? she learned sit very well and she knows to sit at every corner but now she only sits halfway. yep! if i dont correct her, she pretends to sit and thinks mom wont notice the big 5inch gap between the concrete and her little butt! silly monkey! when we got home, i sat her down and asked her how in the world were we ever going to make it to therapy dog if she didnt listen? and as i proceeded to lecture her, she quietly got up, walked to the kitchen and got in her crate. i guess i was boring her smile.gif lucy's adventures! fred! momma loves you and misses you every day. please watch over our little lucy and make sure she doesnt get into any trouble.
have a great day everyone. and remember that tomorrow will be a little brighter for all of us.

+Quote Post
Sammie girl'...
post Jul 9 2009, 07:50 PM
Post #18

Member No.: 5,847

Patricia,
I've spent 2 hours trying to upload photos of my babies. I even tried to use the software recommended by the site administrator and I can edit pictures down to the size required but it won't allow me to save them. I've emailed the site admin. Any thoughts???
Melanie

+Quote Post
patricia
post Jul 9 2009, 09:03 PM
Post #19

hmmm. are they converted to jpg? if not try that and actaully i had a problem with trying to upload as well because the size must be 400k when its opn in the application itself (a jpg will compress the image and make the file smaller but when you open it it can be as big as you want. does that make sense?) so it has to be reduced to 400k while open in the application. also i f you can convert to rgb and not cmyk. also check your email thru this site. i have another idea...
patricia

+Quote Post
petmum
post Jul 9 2009, 11:01 PM
Post #20

Member No.: 5,842

laughter is the best medicine indeed, thank you for my dose of medicine, LOL
elaine

+Quote Post