Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Jake's Story
Bobbie
post Oct 25 2012, 04:27 PM
Post #21

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 7,068

Dear Jake's Grandpa,

Now THAT is a promise from Trevor and me to meet you guys ASAP - but you will also have to meet Trevor's brothers: Crocker Spaniel, Birney, Kelly, Jasper,and Rudy. All Cocker Spaniels. Hope you're up to it because they are all lovers!

Have a blessed, safe weekend!

Love,
Bobbie

PS: HI JAKE!!! wub.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jake'sGrandpa
post Oct 26 2012, 09:43 AM
Post #22

Member No.: 7,738

You're on, Bobbie. It'll be a Rainbow Bridge Puppy Party!

+Quote Post
Jake'sGrandpa
post Dec 14 2012, 02:54 AM
Post #23

Today it has been exactly 5 months since we lost our precious Jake, and time is not healing the wound. I am still grieving every single day and miss him terribly. Jake and I were so close that I don't think I'll ever get over losing him. His absence cuts like a knife. I hope and pray that I may someday be with him again. Grandpa loves you, sweet boy!

+Quote Post
Bobbie
post Dec 14 2012, 07:14 AM
Post #24

Dear, dear Jae's Grandpa,

Oh, how anniversaries can cut us to the quick, can't they? Trevor and I are saying special prayers for you today and Trevor will pay special attention to Jake.

Grandpa, you are really just at the beginning of what can be a very long grief journey. I'm not saying this to discourage you, but rather assure you that your grief and suffering, at 5 months, is so very normal. Isn't that too wierd to call suffering normal? Be at peace with the fact that you have so many good memories and, I promise you, the good memories will overtake the not-so-good ones. When? I don't know because for each of us time heals at the rate that is BEST for us. We don't want to be rushed along and we don't want to have things drag out forever. That is too painful. But Father Time knows exactly what is best for you and Jake.

Please give yourself a break, too. Not from the memories or anything of Jake's, but please take the time to allow Jake to send you messages of what a good and loving Grandpa you are. Yes, you are still loving Mr. Jake in your special way and he feels that all the time because his Spirit is in you, right next to your heart. So every beat of your heart sends a little message telling Jake how much you will always love him, including this very moment. See? You don't even have to say anything and Jake already knows what you are thinking and feeling.

Today is Tribute Day for Jake. Trevor, Dreamer, Kelley, Birney, Crocker, Jasper, Kelly and Rudy (and Spot & Squirt) salute Mr. Jake and you, Grandpa. Not only for what you did together here on this planet, but what you continue to have/do every day to come! Better warn Jake about the swarm of Cockers coming his way! (all except for Dreamer nad Kelley who are still here with me)

Peace be with you, Grandpa!
Trevor's Mom (Bobbie)

+Quote Post
Jake'sGrandpa
post Dec 14 2012, 08:14 AM
Post #25

Bobbie, thank you so very much for your kind and soothing thoughts. I know that you are dealing with the loss of your own dear Trevor, and with your health issues, yet you take the time to comfort all of us here. You are truly a special person. May the Lord be with you.

+Quote Post
My Doxie and Me
post Dec 14 2012, 06:33 PM
Post #26

Member No.: 7,200

Running Dreams by Bob Morrow April 16th 2002

I brought you home inside of my coat; it was the first time you found a place close to my heart,as
you drift off to puppy dreams.

We made our pack as time went by, both learning to read the moods and rules of kindred souls.
Our friendship a quilt of life with patterns and yet no seams.

In those sunrises of each fall we would walk through thick & thin,too reach day's end,to eat,to
sleep, to chase the things of that another morning mist may bring. With only the hope that we
would rise to that frosty mist, and begin again.

Now i stand at waters edge in patches of briars and bramble, wishing that my old friend could
walk with me on one last day, Oh the places that we could ramble.

Alas my friend those days on earth for us are forever gone, but i promise you that when my time
comes we will once again hunt hard and long. No birds that fly will escape our eyes and my shot
will always be true This much i owe to you...

Forgive me if i lay upon your pillow and remember all the times we had, the pages of those
memories would fill so many reams. That you will find me not just walking with you, but running
with you in your dreams.

Attached Image
Bob Morrow April 16th 2002

Jake's Grandpa please forgive me for my words i thought i would share this poem of
a man that lost his dog..Yes his Dog yet at the end this Dog Became his best friend
with each breath takin he mourns the lose of his Beloved..Are friends seem to lead the
trail of life yet they can only show us a short distance then we must find are way....

Jake's Grandpa all great men share a common bond as a special Friend that sits by are side
that speaks in silence only we can....

+Quote Post
Jake'sGrandpa
post Dec 16 2012, 12:45 PM
Post #27

That was beautiful, My Doxie and Me, and comforting. Yes, all of us here share a common bond, of love and loss of our faithful companions. Thank you for helping me to deal with my loss.

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post Dec 25 2012, 01:10 PM
Post #28

Member No.: 7,067

Hi Jake's grandpa

I'm just stopping by to say hello to you on a day when everybody else is celebrating but your heart is heavy. So is mine. We're partners in that.
Blessed day and know the Jake loves you forever.

Gretta's mom

+Quote Post
Bobbie
post Dec 25 2012, 10:21 PM
Post #29

Dear Jake's Grandpa,

I do want to wish you a Merry Christmas only because I KNOW that Jake is having one at the same time (up in Heaven). The only difference is that it is one heck of a birthday party in Heaven. Can you imagine the candles? And every dog, cat, mouse, bunny, ferret, every animal gets to eat a huge slice of cake!

Yes, this is such a hard time of the year for those of us who have lost our best and most loved companions. And by the time you read this it will probably by 12/26/12 and the worst is behind for this year. But it still is painful and my gift to you is a prayer that peace will eventually fill your heart and all your memories of Jake will be the good ones, those that make you smile and even laugh. They WILL come and they'll be a special gift - just for you!

Blessed Christmas, Grandpa!

Love,
Trevor's mom, Bobbie

+Quote Post
Jake'sGrandpa
post Dec 26 2012, 08:17 AM
Post #30

Thanks, Gretta's Mom and Bobbie, for your kind thoughts. Yes, yesterday was difficult for me, as I know it was for you. Today isn't so good either, but nice poeple like you make it a little easier. Thanks again and love ya!

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post Dec 30 2012, 09:39 AM
Post #31

Hi Jake's grandpa!

Just stopping in to see how you are doing and to wish you the best day possible. Jake is in the perfect World, bragging up a storm about the best Grandpa in the world. I know this because Gretta, my beautiful chocolate lab, the kindest choco on earth, is in the audience.

Jake is SO blessed to have a grandpa like you. Someday the tears will no longer flow 24 hours a day. But they will never stop until you and Jake are reunited.

Take care,

Gretta's mom

+Quote Post
Jake'sGrandpa
post Dec 30 2012, 12:01 PM
Post #32

Thank you, Gretta's Mom. It's comforting to think that Jake is in the perfect world, happy and healthy again, and waiting for me at the Rainbow Bridge in the good company of your beloved Gretta. As for a day without tears for him, well I just don't know about that. My best to you and Bobbie.

+Quote Post
Bobbie
post Dec 31 2012, 03:54 PM
Post #33

Happy New Year Jake's Grandpa!

I know that this is NOT a happy new year for you by any means. But I wanted to add my voice to my sister's message about Jake. He has quite an audience in Heaven - Gretta, Trevor, Mickey, Peanut, Jenna, Rudy, Jasper, Birney, Kelly, Crocker, Spot,Squirt, Hermy and the list goes on and on.

Jake is also sending you special graces today to help you bring in 2013. You ARE such a special grandpa and everyone in Heaven knows that 10 times over from what Jake has been saying. Trust me, Trevor tells me everything in my heart.

As for the tears, let them come. Don't even worry about them slowing down at this point. You are far too new on your grief journey to even think that slowing down will happen. But again, my sister (my OLDER sister) is right: when you least expect it you will notice a gentle decrease (not stoppage) in the amount of grief tears that flow every day. That's because Jake is catching up to licking them all away and he is also filling that huge hole in your heart with more and more of his love.

Just a few words from a doggie-lover that STILL cries over Trevor, while holding onto her two current rescue doggies.

Love you!
Bobbie

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post Jan 2 2013, 07:50 AM
Post #34

Happy New Year. Jake's grandpa

Yes. Bobbie is right ... she's still dripping tears for Trevor and I'm still dripping tears for Gretta - especially when I write on this site. When the being who holds a part of your heart goes to another world where we humans can't see or hear or (the worst) pet and cuddle with him or her, there IS a hole in your heart. I used to think that eventually (a long eventually) it would be filled with happy memories but I've come to realize that it won't ever be completely filled this side of heaven. Part of you heart has preceded you there and there is always a little wind whistling through the empty part.

I keep looking at Jake's picture and thinking that he has such a wonderful grandpa and it bringgs a big smile to my face. Did he know how to talk? He looks like he could. And I can just hear his voice ... deep and growly but ALWAYS loving. He must have provided lots of humoous moments - like my black lab-Newfie, Rufus.

We're always here for you, Jake grandpa. You're special to us. Long ago in a time of huge crisis, my sister Bobbie, her husband Stan and I were fighting a terrible problem and we decided to be the three musketeers. Since then we've added a FEW more special special friends to our Musketeer band. I think we're up to five now. I'd like to invite you to join our Musketeers. One for all and all for one!! Now we can be double-Musketeers!

Have the best day possible. Know that Jake is romping (yeah, he CAN romp, as big as he is, in the perfect World) in the sunshine and sleeping in the shade.

Blessings,

Gretta's mom

+Quote Post
Jake'sGrandpa
post Jan 3 2013, 08:04 AM
Post #35

Thanks guys, as always, for your comforting words and thoughts, and a Happy New Year to you both. Yes, there will always be a hole in my heart left by Jakey's untimely departure and you're right, it won't ever be filled in this world. But I have hope for the next one and appreciate your helping me keep that hope strong. My best to you.

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post Jan 6 2013, 01:25 PM
Post #36

Oh Jake's grandpa, you're such an exceptional person. I'll bet there hasn't ever been a grandpa to write here on Lightning Strike. Watch for little signals that Jake is going to send you (and you really have to watch because they are VERY subtle) that he is OK and he sends his love. Bobbie's Trevor sends butterflies her way. Gretta only sent me one - the first few days after her passing I was so sad I slept on her dog bed (it's a big orthopedic one) and once, in the moment between waking and sleeping I saw not her but a beautiful Golden Retriever between me and her dog dishes across the dining room. Just for about a tenth of a second. Then I knew she had made it over and was OK.

Have the best day you can and know that we are with you and thinking about you and Jake all the time.

Gretta's mom (Jeanne)

+Quote Post
Jake'sGrandpa
post Jan 7 2013, 09:15 AM
Post #37

Thanks. I would love to have a signal from Jake.

+Quote Post
Bobbie
post Jan 8 2013, 07:41 AM
Post #38

Good Morning, Jake's Grandpa,

One sure sign, in the warmer months, are BUTTERFLIES!!! I was told about this last summer by LoveMyMickey and ever since that day managed to see at least one butterfly every day until it got too cold here. What a wonderful "Hello. I Love You!" from my precious one(s) (sometimes I'd see more than one.),
I even have a book on butterflies now. It's such a joy to see them flit around and be able to say, "Hi Trevor! Thanks for stopping by and checking on mommy1" Bet you can have th same thing. I KNOW you can - Jake will send his signals in the Spring and the rest he is already sending. We just aren't always "in tune" with them at first. Sometimes we have to look kind of hard to recognize them and then we go, "Of course! That's from Jake!"

Wishing you a good day and many, many comforting signals!

Love,
Bobbie

+Quote Post
Jake'sGrandpa
post Jan 10 2013, 08:11 AM
Post #39

Hi Bobbie, I hope that you are doing well and feeling better these days. Thanks for the encouragement. I will look for signs from Jake and hope there are many butterflies flitting around our back yard this spring! Best regards.

+Quote Post
Bobbie
post Jan 10 2013, 10:37 AM
Post #40

Hi Grandpa!!!!

Glad the butterflies helped. I forgot to mention that they don't always have to be living ones. One day I was at a cancer support center and had to go potty. Well, the bathroom wallpaper was nothing but the most beautiful butterflies of all shapes, sizes and colors! I didn't want to leave because I felt completely surrounded by LOVE, COMFORT and my boys! I must ask them where they got that wall paper! I was surprised as ever when I walked in and it was a small bathroom, so I almost felt like I was being hugged by butterflies! I now, a bathroom is not the most "ahhhh" type of room, but I don't care because that good feeling still comes up now and then.

Also, other people may recognize signs from Jake that you don't. That is also so very helpful. I know my sister, LoveMyMickey and My Doxie have all told me after the fact (OH! and Hermy's mommy) and then I go "Oh, yeah! They are right!" AND I have never seen any of my boys in dreams, etc. Seems, they all know I have another live doggie to take care of me OR they are waiting for one, last incredible dream! So do not worry (as I do all the time) that what others see, hear, feel, etc. is not happening with you and Jake. You two have your OWN signals and they will occur over time and to no one else.

You are doing super, Jake's Grandpa and I KNOW how proud Jake is of you!

Love you!
Bobbie (Trevor's mommy)

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:19 AM