Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 20 Years Have Gone By, Still The Memories Remain
LS Support
post Dec 29 2012, 08:01 PM
Post #1

Forum Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

as of new years day 2016, it has been 20 years since tribble's abrupt passing... and the beginnings of development for lightning-strike.com and the USENET group alt.support.grief.pet-loss (which was overrun by internet meanies).

many things have happened in my life since then, both good and not so good, but i am happy to be alive. the original site in 1996, which was a total mess because i had to code everything by hand (unlike today with all the groovy HTML editors), is long gone but the memory of tribble is not forgotten. on January 1st, i will open up his can of cremains for a friendly hello and to refresh his food and catnip. right now he is probably basking in his twilight years, living once again in a warm house with a fireplace and loving every minute of it.

to everyone who is here right now on the holidays, realize one thing: it does get better with time. the memories now sad and tear-filled warm to those of fondness and smiles. give yourselves one of the many gifts your furbabies have left behind... time.

What do you do when
a good friend dies?

What do you do when a good friend dies?
Do you lash out in anger and curse at the sky.
Or grasp hard denial, the means of the weak,
In an effort to kindle the comfort you seek.

Once life's breath, so precious, gives the chest final rise.
In haste you take blame, no other at fault,
You kneel upturned earth and deem all happiness to halt.

When with him the times, both good and bad, lie.
Do you cast aside the past,
for memories hurt much too much,
Or struggle and fight for that last lingering touch.

When all of the tears have all but been cried.
No matter how much, no matter how hard you try.
The only thing to do is say farewell.
Goodbye.

i still wub.gif you tribby dog, please come back home one day!

--------------------

click map

Visit Our Website

Support This Site

Pet Loss Blog

Pet Loss Books

While all people here help each other, there are
times where an advanced degree of help may be needed.

If at any time you feel overwhelmed or consumed
by grief, it is always best to seek professional help.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post Dec 30 2012, 09:37 AM
Post #2

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 7,067

What a wonderful person - to remember and honor Tribby after 17 years. That is true love - you two are true soul mates. The poem was incredible - tears are falling. And, eveen you need some reassurance. Tribby is in the perfect World - just waiting for YOU to come back to HIM.

Gretta's mom

+Quote Post
Jake'sGrandpa
post Jan 7 2013, 09:13 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 7,738

Great poem. I can feel the love you have for Tribby. And after 17 years, my love for Jake will still be here too. Bless you.

+Quote Post
LS Support
post Jan 7 2013, 01:41 PM
Post #4

Forum Administrator

thanks all, much appreciated!

--------------------

click map

Visit Our Website

Support This Site

Pet Loss Blog

Pet Loss Books

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Jan 11 2013, 12:28 PM
Post #5

Forum Moderator

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 4,861

Hi, Marc, please permit me to add my sincerest thank you for sharing your and your beloved Tribble's 17 year angel-versary with us. Your eternal love for each other glows like an eternal flame through your treasured memories and your dedication to offering a place of solace for others who are in need of support, encouragement, comfort, and hope as they travel their grief adjustment journey. I know your beloved Tribble is so very proud of you. May this year bring you many blessings, Marc.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------
In heaven's perfect garden there is no grief or pain, and all of God's creation join the angels' sweet refrain.

The most blessed way I have of knowing God's comforting love and grace is to look into the eyes and heart of God's creatures' sweet angelic face.

+Quote Post
Bobbie
post Jan 11 2013, 01:40 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 7,068

Dear Tribby's dad,

I am sorry that I am so late in reading your amazing tribute to Tribble. I am also so sorry that you have been physically apart for 17 years. At the same time I admire your committment to Tribby and all the rest of us who continue to struggle with our own losses. You, too, are simply amazing! All I can feel when reading your post and poem is the tremendous LOVE you and Tribby still share each and every day. You two set such a perfect example of what it is to have two souls join (and I don't care what the species is) - it teaches me a lesson or two.

Thank you for sharing your Tribby with all of us. That is generosity of the greatest kind. And thank you for being so kind yourself, to all of us mourners.

Please take whatever strength you need from me, if you need to or want to. Trevor will always refill my tank.

I would ask a special favor of you. You and only a few others know of my physical circumstances and I will keep it that way. What I would like is to "borrow" your precious poem to Tribble when my time comes. If you would rather not, please let me know and that will be OK, too.

Blessings to both of you now and forever.........................

XOXOxoxo
Trevor's mom - Bobbie

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Jan 12 2013, 01:06 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 7,464

Your Tribble was a very handsome boy kitty. Such a sweet face! Thank you for sharing him with us and making this site a tribute for him. Having this site has been such a blessing for me and for countless other people, and we are very grateful that this site exists and has such many wonderful and helpful articles.

--------------------
Danny: March 4, 2001 - December 28, 2011
Tina: October 27, 1997 - April 28, 2012

To live in hearts we leave behind is not to die.

+Quote Post
LS Support
post Dec 31 2013, 03:30 PM
Post #8

Forum Administrator

bumping this post for Tribble's 18th anniversary going over the rainbow bridge. we still miss you boy, chase those mousies!

--------------------

click map

Visit Our Website

Support This Site

Pet Loss Blog

Pet Loss Books

+Quote Post
LS Support
post Jan 1 2015, 12:47 AM
Post #9

Forum Administrator

19 years tonight since passing, happy new year big guy!

--------------------

click map

Visit Our Website

Support This Site

Pet Loss Blog

Pet Loss Books

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post Jan 1 2015, 07:31 AM
Post #10

Member No.: 7,067

Good morning Tribby,

Happy New Year up there in the Perfect World. A world where you are once again in your prime, healthy, happy, young again, romping and playing with all of your friends. And, most importantly, watching over your loving dad, guiding his steps, protecting him with a mighty hiss from any harm in his way, and above all loving him as he so loves you. Imagine that, nineteen years and he is up and greeting you as though it were yesterday that you two were physically together.

Tribby, I want to let you know what a miracle your dad has worked. He and he almost alone has created a place where hundreds, maybe thousands, of people who, like your dad, have had their soul mate animals depart this world and go to yours to come together. To talk, to share their beloved animals, to cry, to help each other, to make friends, to pour out their hearts to others of all species, teach and be taught wonderful truths, meet and make deep and lasting friendships, keep in connection with their beloved animals, share heartaches and happiness, and know that others truly DO understand, care and are there for each other. Tribby, there are so many "support" sites on this thing called the Internet. Everybody on earth is connected by a keyboard to everybody else. Yet, the place that your amazing dad created is the ONE place, of all the millions that have been created, where people actually DO talk WITH each other. It is THE best place on this thing called the Internet. It is the ONLY place where people really do CARE about each other and get out of themselves to console others who are left behind ... temporarily .... by their heart's animal. It is truly a miracle and he did it all because of you.

So, I'm giving you a new name to add to all your other names, "Miracle." You and your dad have helped so many people they cannot be counted. All I can say, and I say it every day, is "Thank God for Tribby, his dad and Lightning Strike." It has saved my live.

And I have a request for you. There is a little buff colored cocker spaniel up there named Trevor. His beautiful mom is with her. So is his grandpa and grandma and his many brothers. They are my family,too. And Rufus and Gretta, the Big Black Dog and the kindest chocolate lab who ever lived. They are MY babies in the Perfect World. When you have time, would you wander on over and tell them how much I love and miss them and that I am taking good care of their little brothers on earth, Dreamer and Kelly, and that I love them more than anything else in the world. One day we will all be together.

Even though I never met you, Miracle Tribby, I love you and your miracle dad.

Gretta and Rufus's mom

+Quote Post
LS Support
post Jan 1 2016, 04:06 PM
Post #11

Forum Administrator

his 20th death anniversary is today, tribble is still always on my mind wub.gif

--------------------

click map

Visit Our Website

Support This Site

Pet Loss Blog

Pet Loss Books

+Quote Post
LittleGirl's...
post Jan 1 2016, 05:19 PM
Post #12

Member No.: 274

wub.gif Precious Tribble.
Thanks to you and to him for this wonderful site!

QUOTE (LS Support @ Jan 1 2016, 04:06 PM) *
his 20th death anniversary is today, tribble is still always on my mind wub.gif

--------------------
Compassion for all animals. www.earthlings.com

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Jan 2 2016, 11:03 AM
Post #13

Forum Moderator

Hi, Marc, it doesn't matter how much time passes after our beloved companions transition home to the angels. They are always and forever indelibly imprinted on our hearts and memories. Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers, and I hope you know your beloved Tribble's sweet Living Spirit is always and forever a heartbeat close to you.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------
In heaven's perfect garden there is no grief or pain, and all of God's creation join the angels' sweet refrain.

The most blessed way I have of knowing God's comforting love and grace is to look into the eyes and heart of God's creatures' sweet angelic face.

+Quote Post
LS Support
post Dec 31 2016, 03:21 PM
Post #14

Forum Administrator

21 years gone by at 12:01pm EDT....its been a while my fur baby. Remain in eternal peace. Daddy still and always will love and protect you!

--------------------

click map

Visit Our Website

Support This Site

Pet Loss Blog

Pet Loss Books

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Jan 2 2017, 01:06 PM
Post #15

Forum Moderator

Hi, Marc, thank you so much for sharing with us how you're doing, and for sharing your and your beloved Tribble's 21 year angel-versary. The love bond you and your beloved Tribble share has no boundaries, and when you are reunited in eternal joy all the years of "separation" will cease to exist. Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers, and I hope you know your beloved Tribble's sweet Living Spirit is always and forever a heartbeat close to you.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------

+Quote Post
LS Support
post Jan 2 2017, 04:02 PM
Post #16

Forum Administrator

i couldn't have said it any better moon beam! thanks for the kind words, as always.

--------------------

click map

Visit Our Website

Support This Site

Pet Loss Blog

Pet Loss Books

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:52 AM